Author Topic: Kingsman: The Secret Service  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
Kingsman: The Secret Service
« on: March 25, 2015, 02:57:04 AM »
So I saw this yesterday, and it was tons of fun. If you are interested in a completely over-the-top secret-agent story that doesn't take itself seriously in the slightest, this is definitely the movie for you.

Has anyone else seen this? What did you think?
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Kingsman: The Secret Service
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 03:18:21 AM »
I haven't seen it, but I did love the look of it from the trailers. Glad to hear that it is as silly and fun as it looks!

I've generally sucked at going to the cinema - I think the only film I've seen in theatres in the last year has been Birdman.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 03:22:02 AM »
Love it , as did the missus which is a first.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 06:38:30 AM »
I'm a big fan and just like bl5150's wife, my wife loved it too: Which is strange given the up-front violence in the church. She normally would be quite upset over that. I guess it's so stylized that it takes some of the sting out of it. If that were a Tarantino scene, she'd hate it.

I don't get the controversy over the last joke...well, I get why it could be controversial, just not why there is such an uproar over it. It was so obviously a deliberately tasteless jab at the ending of bond movies that calling it a seriously misogynistic attack just seems like hyperbole.

Anyway, great fun.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 07:39:31 AM »
Really good movie. I hope they'll make a sequel, and judging by the numbers, it looks like they will.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 07:49:55 AM »
I don't get the controversy over the last joke...well, I get why it could be controversial, just not why there is such an uproar over it. It was so obviously a deliberately tasteless jab at the ending of bond movies that calling it a seriously misogynistic attack just seems like hyperbole.

Wait, are there actually people getting bent out of shape about that? :lolpalm: I mean, it shouldn't surprise me, but still... geez.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 03:25:02 AM »
Awesome movie. I predict it will be in my top 10 at the end of the year.

I had pretty much zero interest in seeing this when I first heard about it and saw the poster. But after it getting almost only crazy good reviews, I pretty much had to check it out.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 12:04:30 PM »
Really good movie. I hope they'll make a sequel, and judging by the numbers, it looks like they will.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that a trilogy was mapped out before the first movie was even greenlit.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2021, 05:05:12 PM »
Didn't know the movie is getting a prequel, and comes out later this year

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s2yvVDF-Pyc

Looks good, I didn't care much for the second movie but this should be a fun watch.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2021, 06:35:52 AM »
I'll be watching this. No hesitation. Loved Kingsman and now with the added bonus of Gemma Arterton. :heart
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.