Author Topic: I've been awfully troubled lately...please help  (Read 1529 times)

Offline FabiotheIguana

• While Living In Allegory...
I've been awfully troubled lately...please help
« on: August 10, 2009, 11:17:27 AM »
Humans have instincts and feelings, yet there are also things humans have to think about. I think about a lot of things and I doubt a lot of things, it's just my nature as a human being.

But I have never felt the way I do about a single god damn thing in the world, I've never been so sure of something in my life, from the bottom of my heart and my gut, that my music is something different, unique, and really good. When I write this music and I'm arranging, I have this instinctual feeling that the music is something special. I never feel this sure about anything else in my life, and I never have.

But I've kinda always felt that the only person that really gets and appreciates my music...is me. That people won't like my music and that people don't really want to hear it. Writing music is such a deep passion of mine, I enjoy and love it more than my own parents. If I know that the music is not even close to as fulfilling as it is to myself, then I feel like my efforts are worthless.

With all this being said, it's needless to say I'm becoming very confused.

There's not anyone's musical opinions' that I trust more than the people on this forum. So I'm asking you guys to please take the opportunity and listen to some of my music and be as honest with me as possible about it. Am I just bullshitting myself? Or is this music really legit and worth something like my heart tells me?

Because I really need to know.

https://www.myspace.com/permanentonmostsurfacestheband

I wrote all the music, performed all vocals, guitars, percussion, piano, as well as programmed all the drums and synth. I played about 1/6 of the bass and wrote half the lyrics.
I can't imagine how amazing an experience [SCORE] must of been to see.
Remember the holocaust? Now picture the exact opposite

Cake > Pie

Offline Aadish

Re: I've been awfully troubled lately...please help
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 12:45:05 PM »
You've made this all by yourself??  :hefdaddy

Honestly I think your music is KICKASS!

Is there a tiny little possibility of you sending me the tunes in .mp3 or something? I would really appreciate it!

But if I am to comment anything it would your guitars sounding a bit crisp  :lol  :angel:

Offline FabiotheIguana

• While Living In Allegory...
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 01:28:40 PM »
Ya, nearly everything that had to do with how it was recorded and the mixing process I had no control over. I worked in a studio that I payed for, ergo outside engineers/producers.

I'm not quite sure how to get you the files if were to do that, I do have them in mp3 format, but I'm not very good at the whole megaupload or rapidshare or whatever crap.

It's available on iTunes and Amazon :-\ but i'd be alright giving to people here for free
I can't imagine how amazing an experience [SCORE] must of been to see.
Remember the holocaust? Now picture the exact opposite

Cake > Pie

Offline Aadish

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 01:45:52 PM »
Oh well, I'll just have to buy it then.. In 4 years when I get a creditcard  :lol

I just have to add:
I've been listening to your songs on myspace+previews in iTunes and I have to say that it is bloody brilliant! I love it! I so want it on my iPod.. Too bad I'm not old enough for a creditcard.. and using any of my parents would be a bad idea..  :-\

But anyways, your record rocks!  :metal  :hefdaddy
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 06:31:40 PM by Aadish »

Offline WDADU

• Are you justified?
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 07:41:17 PM »
Awsome stuff. You sound like the singer from Incubus.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 12:34:18 AM by WDADU »
Brave
Murder
Day

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 09:28:48 AM »
Dude, great stuff. I think the biggest factor of improvement would be the production. Try getting some better pre-amps, and stuff suddenly sounds a lot better when you record it.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 12:02:23 PM »
It's really good man. Keep going, I enjoyed it.
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 02:08:59 PM »
I can definitely tell for your genre that you are really good.  I think it is good I just don't like the screaming vocals, but that is just me.  I know a lot of people, especially on here, who do love screams and growls, it just isn't my cup of tea.  other than that, you have nothing to worry about.  While I understand your fear, I don't think it should be that big of a fear because your music is great! keep it up!
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!