Author Topic: 80s Classic Albums (Featuring: King Crimson)  (Read 117472 times)

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Re: 80s Classic Albums (Featuring: King Crimson)
« Reply #1575 on: August 23, 2015, 05:58:52 PM »
This is my favorite King Crimson album primarily because of Bill Bruford hitting a crazy gear.

That too!

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #1576 on: August 23, 2015, 07:46:14 PM »
Fantastic Album. When I first heard Discipline in college (bought it as soon as it waa released), I thought it sounded like the Talking Heads on steroids. Kinda disappointed that none of their subsequent albums came close to matching this one.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1577 on: August 23, 2015, 08:08:54 PM »
Definitely my favourite KC.  Maybe a three way tie with Red and TOAPP.  Fantastic album.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1578 on: August 24, 2015, 07:44:32 AM »
Probably my favorite KC album other than Red.

And to argue from the other direction than Outcrier has in these threads, while this is certainly a fantastic album that came out in the 80s, I don't think of this as an "80s classic" like the other albums discussed in the thread.

But that's cool.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1579 on: August 24, 2015, 10:14:30 AM »
Discipline is often one of the examples I use of albums I thought sucked the first time I heard it, but I grew to love.

Exactly this. These songs mean so much to me now that I'm shocked at how much I disliked this album at first. Especially Thela Hun Ginjeet...it seemed like a cheap Talking Heads ripoff at the time but now I love it.

Great album!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens