Author Topic: The Song Roulette Tracker Thread 3.0 - v. Betting on red just this once  (Read 299388 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: The Song Roulette Tracker Thread 3.0 - v. Betting on red just this once
« Reply #2835 on: March 02, 2024, 04:28:57 PM »
Okay.  Won't be up today (Sunday), will have to aim for Monday or Tuesday at the latest now.

Nice, just found a trove of new bands that'll be very appropriate for this one...bringing the heavy.

Online twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #2836 on: March 03, 2024, 01:52:54 AM »
Kade, I'm not even sure if I've participated in one of your roulettes before? Looking forward to being able to send any form of extreme metal without worrying about if the host can cope with it :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2837 on: March 03, 2024, 03:43:16 AM »
Kade, I'm not even sure if I've participated in one of your roulettes before? Looking forward to being able to send any form of extreme metal without worrying about if the host can cope with it :metal

I've only run 2 in the past mate.  Last one was 2018, the first before you were around here.

I'm not big into running them, and time has always been an issue in the past.  Hoping I can make this worthwhile though.

And yeah, keen for whatever you lads want to throw at me.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2838 on: March 03, 2024, 04:42:21 AM »
I'm keen to improve upon my two 5th place finishes!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #2839 on: March 03, 2024, 06:22:51 AM »

I've only run 2 in the past mate.  Last one was 2018, the first before you were around here.

I'm not big into running them, and time has always been an issue in the past.  Hoping I can make this worthwhile though.

And yeah, keen for whatever you lads want to throw at me.

Yea, I had a look back and this will be my first. I feel well equipped for this one.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2840 on: March 03, 2024, 06:32:59 AM »
I did not remember the 2018 roulette at all. :lol I need to do better in this one.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2841 on: March 03, 2024, 01:35:10 PM »
I did not remember the 2018 roulette at all. :lol I need to do better in this one.

I didn't remember much at all either when I looked back.   :lol

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2842 on: March 03, 2024, 02:20:09 PM »

I didn't remember much at all either when I looked back.   :lol
I wasn't in either of your previous roulettes, so I'm looking forward to it! :metal

The first one was in that period where I lost interest in roulettes and then kind of forgot about them so wasn't in any at all (2014-2017), and then even the second in 2018 I was only in a few. It wasn't until 2020 really that I started playing in most.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2843 on: March 03, 2024, 03:30:02 PM »
 :metal

Looks like it could be a big list of participants!

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2844 on: March 03, 2024, 03:47:16 PM »

I may end up sending you nothing but Black Metal, but only of the highest riffage!  :metal
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2845 on: March 03, 2024, 03:59:15 PM »

I may end up sending you nothing but Black Metal, but only of the highest riffage!  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2846 on: March 03, 2024, 03:59:41 PM »
OP will be up in about 24 hours.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2847 on: March 03, 2024, 05:42:13 PM »
I do have to say this though before I start, that to be honest, deep down at the moment, I really couldn't be fucking arsed in doing this.  It's a me thing currently, but that goes with most things at the moment, not the roulette specifically.  That's no reflection on anyone here because all you guys are some of the most important people to me, and everyone has been anticipating me to do this for a while and I put my name down so I will be following through as I've made that commitment.  Plus, I certainly feel the love from you all so I'm certainly going ahead and will make it as active and exciting as I can.  Just forgive me if I slip but will make it my mission to make it a fun experience for everyone.

Just please everyone, have fun, but don't kill yourself over submissions.  While I couldn't be fucked, I'm doing this more as an exercise for myself as much as you guys.  I'm not specifically looking for new music either, or that desire isn't really there and has been on and off for a while, so don't agonise over songs.  Honestly, it's probably hard to pick at the moment what would make me tick and what wouldn't, but we'll see.

Saying all that, I do have an OP you should all enjoy and a silly concept everyone (maybe not everyone  ;D) will get a kick out of.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2848 on: March 03, 2024, 06:09:11 PM »
All that matters is that you (the host) have fun with it. :corn
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #2849 on: March 04, 2024, 02:41:50 AM »
I can only speak for myself dude, but I know I put pressure on myself when I'm running a roulette. The roulette game around here is always being upped, and I feel pressure to deliver, at the rate and level that many other hosts around here do. I find it a bit daunting and it's why I have only run two.

I need to be in the right headspace (and have enough spare time to devote to it). Unfortunately real life sometimes gets in the way, which is why my last one took so long to complete.

All that being said, as a participant I just enjoy being along for the ride and do not feel any frustration about how a roulette is run. If some rounds take longer than others, if the hosts investment in it wanes, if real life puts it on hold, none of those things matter to me. So yea, absolutely no pressure dude, as far as I'm concerned. I know many will agree with me.

Just do what makes you happy.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2850 on: March 04, 2024, 03:13:18 AM »
Well said Luke. I think some hosts worry more about those things than most of the players do!

I be am boner inducing.

Online twosuitsluke

« Reply #2851 on: March 04, 2024, 03:22:03 AM »
Yep, I 100% do, as a host! As a participant I actually prefer the more relaxed roulettes as I'm crap at planning my submissions in advance.

I respect the hosts that keep to a rigid time frame for submissions, pre-reults games and results, but I just can't do that :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2852 on: March 04, 2024, 03:37:58 AM »
Cheers Luke, appreciate that.  There's definitely a little pressure as the bar gets raised more and more with each roulette especially since mine has had a bit of anticipation, but as I said, that makes me feel good so I'll cop that haha.

My roulette will be a pretty straightforward roulette but just with a quirky theme thrown in.  I know I'll be on time with everything, I have no excuse not to really.  It will be fine once we get going.  I'm just overthinking it and probably putting a bit too much pressure on myself.  Again, it's a me thing.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2853 on: March 04, 2024, 06:41:05 AM »
It honestly sounds like you might still be burnt out.  Hopefully the roulette turns things around for you though.  I'm definitely curious to see what the theme is, and to figure out the balance of sending things I suspect you'll like but don't seem to be aware of, vs. trying to push your tastes out just a bit in ways that you could enjoy more than you'd expect you would. 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2854 on: March 04, 2024, 06:45:56 AM »
I do have to say this though before I start, that to be honest, deep down at the moment, I really couldn't be fucking arsed in doing this.  It's a me thing currently, but that goes with most things at the moment, not the roulette specifically.  That's no reflection on anyone here because all you guys are some of the most important people to me, and everyone has been anticipating me to do this for a while and I put my name down so I will be following through as I've made that commitment.  Plus, I certainly feel the love from you all so I'm certainly going ahead and will make it as active and exciting as I can.  Just forgive me if I slip but will make it my mission to make it a fun experience for everyone.

Just please everyone, have fun, but don't kill yourself over submissions.  While I couldn't be fucked, I'm doing this more as an exercise for myself as much as you guys.  I'm not specifically looking for new music either, or that desire isn't really there and has been on and off for a while, so don't agonise over songs.  Honestly, it's probably hard to pick at the moment what would make me tick and what wouldn't, but we'll see.

Saying all that, I do have an OP you should all enjoy and a silly concept everyone (maybe not everyone  ;D) will get a kick out of.
I hope I'm able to contribute something positive for you.

plus, I have a bunch of love-pop songs and EDM to send :biggrin:
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2855 on: March 04, 2024, 09:13:26 AM »

plus, I have a bunch of love-pop songs and EDM to send :biggrin:
Pretty sure Issa will be banned  :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2856 on: March 04, 2024, 09:24:57 AM »
How exactly did the Issa joke start?  Was she just way too heavily promoted by Frontiers at some point?  She seems quite obscure, I'd never even heard of her until coming back here. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2857 on: March 04, 2024, 01:25:17 PM »
Cheers guys.  :tup

You know, I think from memory it just started with me being over the top all the time about not liking the look of her and the other guys just ran with it and then kept bringing her up every opportunity just to piss me off.

I think it was her first video or something that just irritated the fuck out of me and the others thought I was obviously being over the top.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #2858 on: March 04, 2024, 08:29:19 PM »
Shadow Ninja roulette has concluded with 15 casualties and soupytwist standing atop a pile of bodies. I am fleeing the country.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2859 on: March 04, 2024, 09:44:48 PM »
The winner list in the last year or two is remarkably egalitarian now. 

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #2860 on: March 08, 2024, 01:35:27 AM »
Shadow Ninja roulette has concluded with 15 casualties and soupytwist standing atop a pile of bodies. I am fleeing the country.

With this win I'm thinking I might like to have ago at running one of these Roulette's myself in the future - so can I be added to the waiting list please.  I'm probably not going to be able to start this for a few months at least (let's say I'd prefer to start in the second half of the year ideally), so absolutely no rush.

I'd run quite a small scale one as a first attempt to see how I get on - as I'm from the UK I'd probably not run a hangman style game as I'm not online to react when most of you are guessing (and unlike Rich I need to sleep  ;D).  I have a couple of alternative idea's that hopefully will be fun.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2861 on: March 08, 2024, 06:38:06 AM »
Given the number of people in the waitlist, I think your timing will be fine  :corn

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2862 on: March 08, 2024, 01:55:42 PM »
I'd run quite a small scale one as a first attempt to see how I get on - as I'm from the UK I'd probably not run a hangman style game as I'm not online to react when most of you are guessing (and unlike Rich I need to sleep  ;D).  I have a couple of alternative idea's that hopefully will be fun.
Oi! :lol

I normally go to bed around 10:30-11pm. My hangman updating is generally when the yanks are during the daytime.

Anyway I'd love to be in your roulette whenever it happens!

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #2863 on: March 11, 2024, 08:15:38 PM »

You’ll be free to steal the game I’m introducing in my roulette.  It involves just thinking and no timing for the players - they can act at any point and there is no benefit to being first or last to act.  It will revolutionize the participant game.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2864 on: March 13, 2024, 12:37:59 PM »
I've got an insanely fun idea for a roulette. Add me to the list please.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2865 on: March 13, 2024, 12:49:11 PM »

:caffeine:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2866 on: March 13, 2024, 01:00:49 PM »
How much fun are we talking about here?  :corn

I also think I'll aim to run a second roulette later on. I have a vague idea

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2867 on: March 13, 2024, 01:30:43 PM »

I have lots leftover to send. 

Well, I can't possibly do any worse.  :lol

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2868 on: March 13, 2024, 01:49:30 PM »

Well, I can't possibly do any worse.  :lol
I believe in you  :)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2869 on: March 13, 2024, 02:30:13 PM »
How much fun are we talking about here?  :corn

https://youtu.be/1Z3wNGUJZgU?si=SywnK-n3Gb6zdS17