Author Topic: The Song Roulette Tracker Thread 3.0 - v. Betting on red just this once  (Read 292651 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The Song Roulette Tracker Thread 3.0 - v. Betting on red just this once
« Reply #805 on: July 31, 2018, 12:47:13 PM »
How long is the list for roulettes? I want to do another one as long as there's a decent number of people already lined up so there's plenty of time between my first one and the next.

The list is in the OP.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #806 on: July 31, 2018, 12:48:43 PM »
How long is the list for roulettes? I want to do another one as long as there's a decent number of people already lined up so there's plenty of time between my first one and the next.

The list is in the OP.

Yeah, I just realized that after  :facepalm: Although I am still surprised to just see ariich on it. Someone do one after jingle  :biggrin:
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #807 on: July 31, 2018, 12:52:45 PM »

The list is in the OP.

Yeah, I just realized that after  :facepalm: Although I am still surprised to just see ariich on it. Someone do one after jingle  :biggrin:

There was a time when the waiting list was 12+ people deep.  Guess we just haven't got enough new blood come over from DT-side... hence people like me are on their fourth go-around
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #808 on: July 31, 2018, 12:55:07 PM »
the short waiting list means i've been able to run one annually every summer-ish so  :corn
but yeah i would not join another katt roulette personally but if you wanna run one again go for it  :tup

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #809 on: July 31, 2018, 01:02:30 PM »
Parama, I plan on being much stricter and less friendly with the scores in the next one so you'd be out in round 1 anyway  :hat  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #810 on: July 31, 2018, 01:05:49 PM »
Parama, I plan on being much stricter and less friendly with the scores in the next one so you'd be out in round 1 anyway  :hat  :lol

I don't even think I made it to Round 1, which meant that you ended up missing out on a shit ton of great music.  Yeah yeah, maybe I should've used in the elimination round..haha
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #811 on: July 31, 2018, 01:09:53 PM »

I don't even think I made it to Round 1, which meant that you ended up missing out on a shit ton of great music.  Yeah yeah, maybe I should've used in the elimination round..haha

TAC, in hindsight, I listened to that Ascendia album a couple more times in the last month or so... maybe I should've kept you in after all. At the time I was just not digging it, but I think it's a pretty good album. Now I am wondering what I've missed. You old farts dudes have good stuff in your vaults ;)

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #812 on: July 31, 2018, 01:10:07 PM »

I used one of my best albums in the elimination round just to be sure and still got trashed :lol
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #813 on: July 31, 2018, 01:11:11 PM »

I used one of my best albums in the elimination round just to be sure and still got trashed :lol

:loser:  :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #814 on: July 31, 2018, 01:13:46 PM »
i wouldn't say i used one of my best ones in the first round since i sent at least three i like more (in the last three rounds of the roulette, as well) but it's up there at least  :corn

got awful scores for two of them too so we are just not a match and i'm fine leaving it at that  :lol
you should've played in my roulette though, i would've loved to cut you

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #815 on: July 31, 2018, 01:14:40 PM »
TAC, in hindsight, I listened to that Ascendia album a couple more times in the last month or so... maybe I should've kept you in after all. At the time I was just not digging it, but I think it's a pretty good album. Now I am wondering what I've missed. You old farts dudes have good stuff in your vaults ;)

It is a cool album. Starts off a little Lion Kingy, but it settles into a solid album. Over the last couple of years, I have been finding myself a little bored musically. You guys got me in the middle of my Music Midlife Crisis.

The Acsendia is refreshing and a little off my beaten path.

I've used Lor a few times in Roulettes. That's another great album. And even Parama liked Structural Disorder. I love that album.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #816 on: July 31, 2018, 01:15:27 PM »

:lol

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #817 on: July 31, 2018, 01:18:30 PM »

Your consolation prize is that I have to see them in September anyway :neverusethis:

Parama, I was gonna join yours but knew I'd get cut instantly - I played it smart!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #818 on: July 31, 2018, 01:19:22 PM »
And even Parama liked Structural Disorder. I love that album.
i genuinely don't know what it was about this one on first listen that turned me off it but it's genuinely one of the best straightforward prog metal albums i've heard this year  :metal one of only 5 albums in the entire roulette that went straight to my purchase list

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #819 on: July 31, 2018, 01:21:52 PM »

Your consolation prize is that I have to see them in September anyway :neverusethis:
Their stage presence is mostly pretty spiritual-like, mostly the singer. For me they lit up incense candles and it made Jinn so intense and powerful sounding, I'm sure you'll find some stuff to like about their show man

I wouldn't say it's one of those bands that will really convert a lot of people that didn't originally like Soen after seeing them live though, it's not Amenra or Sunn O))) levels of mesmerizing performance (haven't even seen Sunn O))) tbh but I've heard stories from friends)
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #820 on: July 31, 2018, 01:25:53 PM »
I'm sure they'll put on an enjoyable live experience that will be more invigorating than just listening to the album, even if it's not my style of music. At least that's what I'm banking on for a lot of the bands so I'm crossing my fingers  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #821 on: July 31, 2018, 01:29:06 PM »
And even Parama liked Structural Disorder. I love that album.
i genuinely don't know what it was about this one on first listen that turned me off it but it's genuinely one of the best straightforward prog metal albums i've heard this year  :metal one of only 5 albums in the entire roulette that went straight to my purchase list

Heretoir being the 6th?  :neverusethis:

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #822 on: July 31, 2018, 01:50:01 PM »
no i already said in-thread that neither of the albums this round are doing much for me  :P
i might have to do something else for the final round 'cause i'm having a hard time getting excited about either album sent

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #823 on: July 31, 2018, 01:51:06 PM »
no i already said in-thread that neither of the albums this round are doing much for me  :P
i might have to do something else for the final round 'cause i'm having a hard time getting excited about either album sent
Pff, you're clearly listening wrong. :neverusethis:

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #824 on: July 31, 2018, 07:18:30 PM »

It is a cool album. Starts off a little Lion Kingy, but it settles into a solid album. Over the last couple of years, I have been finding myself a little bored musically. You guys got me in the middle of my Music Midlife Crisis.

I think you need to run another roulette, so I can send you stuff. I also think you need to start embracing harsh vocals more. There's so much good stuff out there.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #825 on: July 31, 2018, 07:26:10 PM »
you say that, but TAC sent me only a single album in my roulette with no harsh vocals, and it was probably my least favorite of his too  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #826 on: July 31, 2018, 07:30:12 PM »
I was on the list but pulled out. I have a vacation coming up, and I was trying to run with a certain format that was getting too clunky to figure out. I will run another one soon enough, once I figure out WTF I want to do.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #827 on: July 31, 2018, 07:38:10 PM »

I think you need to run another roulette, so I can send you stuff. I also think you need to start embracing harsh vocals more. There's so much good stuff out there.

I've opened up to it over the past year.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #828 on: August 04, 2018, 03:15:10 AM »
Elite won't be going into his final round for a few days (he says Tuesday at the earliest) but I was thinking of setting up my new album roulette early as I'm going to have a prelim round open to anyone, so I'd like to leave it open for a good few days to give lots of people a chance to participate (plus give myself extra time to listen to potentially a lot of music!).

Would anyone have any objection to this? Roulette Overlord Bolsters in particular.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #829 on: August 04, 2018, 06:57:03 AM »
Nope. I want in  :biggrin:

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #830 on: August 04, 2018, 07:04:01 AM »
Go for it.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #831 on: August 04, 2018, 07:15:11 AM »
Elite won't be going into his final round for a few days (he says Tuesday at the earliest) but I was thinking of setting up my new album roulette early as I'm going to have a prelim round open to anyone, so I'd like to leave it open for a good few days to give lots of people a chance to participate (plus give myself extra time to listen to potentially a lot of music!).

Would anyone have any objection to this? Roulette Overlord Bolsters in particular.

Any possibility of being given a chance to redeem myself?  Promise, no glam-metal or ballads.   :biggrin:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #832 on: August 04, 2018, 07:31:39 AM »
Prelim will be open to anyone, so it's up to you to smash that round and get through! :P

I be am boner inducing.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later

I be am boner inducing.

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #834 on: August 04, 2018, 11:28:18 AM »
The waiting list is......empty? QUICK someone sign up!
aka Puppies_On_Acid
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #835 on: August 04, 2018, 11:30:46 AM »
i usually put myself back on the waiting list after i finish my roulette but it'd be kind of pointless to do so atm seeing as how i just finished  :lol

next year in may or june or whatever i'll prob do another one though. the usual

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #836 on: August 04, 2018, 11:39:50 AM »
I was thinking I would start my next one sometime around November/December-ish.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #837 on: August 04, 2018, 11:55:03 AM »
I'm down to run a roulette again after progpower :)

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #838 on: August 04, 2018, 11:55:46 AM »
I was thinking I would start my next one sometime around November/December-ish.
darn, i'm not gonna have nearly enough music left  :corn

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #839 on: August 07, 2018, 10:10:41 AM »
I might like to do one of these soon, but I think I'll need some help deciding how to run it.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.