Author Topic: The Song Roulette Tracker Thread 3.0 - v. Betting on red just this once  (Read 298620 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: The Song Roulette Tracker Thread 3.0 - v. Betting on red just this once
« Reply #2205 on: February 28, 2023, 06:46:43 AM »
Saw Rich is ahead of me on the waiting list, and I bounced around his RYM a bit. I think I may have enough Japanese stuff to do a full roulette and stand a good chance of winning with him based on what he likes so far from the genre.
That'd be an interesting approach. Wouldn't necessarily work if I have any themed rounds, which I'm still undecided on.

Sure it could... Unless the themes are 'songs not in Japanese'  :biggrin:

I can cover most sub-genres, and can kind of tell what songs are about. There's a site that has English translations of a good deal of the Jmetal songs.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2206 on: March 03, 2023, 06:24:46 PM »
@ Bolsters..time to update the OP.  ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2207 on: March 03, 2023, 06:56:20 PM »
btw i should probably be ready to run a roulette whenever the next slot for one opens up
it'll be a disaster, probably, but a fun one

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2208 on: March 04, 2023, 05:39:42 AM »
btw i should probably be ready to run a roulette whenever the next slot for one opens up
it'll be a disaster, probably, but a fun one

Given our apparent incompatibility in taste, you're gonna need someone to shore up last place for you, and I'm your man.   :hat

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #2209 on: March 04, 2023, 10:08:31 AM »
TAC's should be finished up pretty soon at the rate he's been going.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2210 on: March 04, 2023, 10:13:40 AM »

That's what she said.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2211 on: March 04, 2023, 10:21:45 AM »
He does always say Mrs. TAC says "make it quick".   :rollin

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2212 on: March 04, 2023, 01:03:45 PM »

Those are the three magic words!  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2213 on: March 04, 2023, 01:04:59 PM »

We don't fuck around at TAC Roulette Headquarters.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2214 on: March 04, 2023, 01:07:09 PM »

Those are the three magic words!  :lol

She knows 54 year old TAC compared to 20's something TAC.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2215 on: March 26, 2023, 12:04:35 PM »
I am in my Final Round with Results likely on Tuesday afternoon. That's 48hrs.
Whoever is next on the list should probably get their OP ready..

Crow, Ariich, Lonestar?

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2216 on: March 27, 2023, 07:50:09 AM »
I'm thinking of running one, but probably around the summer (End of June/early July) when I'll be able to dedicate a lot of time to it. Still not entirely sure if I will but thinking about it  :corn
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2217 on: March 27, 2023, 08:24:16 AM »
I'm thinking of running one, but probably around the summer (End of June/early July) when I'll be able to dedicate a lot of time to it. Still not entirely sure if I will but thinking about it  :corn

In and Sent! ;D

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2218 on: March 27, 2023, 04:54:07 PM »
Whoever is next on the list should probably get their OP ready..

Crow, Ariich, Lonestar?

I guess none of them are chomping at the bit yet.   :lol   I'm more antsy to see which one is next than they are, those are three completely different states of mind to put myself into. 

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2219 on: March 27, 2023, 04:58:58 PM »
yeah give me a few days to get my OP set up, start of the week is a bad time but i should be more free in the next few days  :lol

probably just gonna be an open, 8-round affair, i don't wanna run anything too complicated rn

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2220 on: March 27, 2023, 05:04:39 PM »
Any eliminations or prelims?  This is gonna take some Herculean strategizing.   ;D

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2221 on: March 27, 2023, 11:50:20 PM »
If you're ready now Crow then very happy for you to go first (you were on the waiting list first before going on hold) and I'll go next.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2222 on: March 28, 2023, 12:56:43 PM »
Cool, I'll go after Rich, April is going to be brutal for me anyways, won't be able to commit much time to it.

Count me in on Crow's, still searching for that elusive 10th victory
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 03:19:06 PM by lonestar »

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member

Offline 425

« Reply #2224 on: May 03, 2023, 09:06:31 AM »
Does anyone have contact information for 425?  It's been a whole month since he last posted, and over a week and a half since he's even logged in.  I'm kind of worried about him.  Hopefully nothing serious. 

Hey guys, I want to apologize about this. I entered a not-so-great mental health period around the holidays, as a result of which I almost entirely stopped listening to music for the first couple of months of 2023, and I needed to set aside anything that was non-essential to life. That included posting on DTF and running my roulette.

I plan to return to the forum, but I don’t plan to finish the roulette, and I don’t think I’m going to ever run one again. I just can’t handle the volume of music and the speed at which it’s reasonable to deliver results for weeks at a time, and every time I think I can, I don’t end up being able to. I apologize to those who were hoping to be able to finish the roulette and were left hanging for several months. I’ll try to post some thoughts (though not at the level of full writeup) on the last round of submissions sometime in the next few weeks, but that unfortunately will be in the end of it.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2225 on: May 03, 2023, 12:52:01 PM »
Does anyone have contact information for 425?  It's been a whole month since he last posted, and over a week and a half since he's even logged in.  I'm kind of worried about him.  Hopefully nothing serious. 

Hey guys, I want to apologize about this. I entered a not-so-great mental health period around the holidays, as a result of which I almost entirely stopped listening to music for the first couple of months of 2023, and I needed to set aside anything that was non-essential to life. That included posting on DTF and running my roulette.

I plan to return to the forum, but I don’t plan to finish the roulette, and I don’t think I’m going to ever run one again. I just can’t handle the volume of music and the speed at which it’s reasonable to deliver results for weeks at a time, and every time I think I can, I don’t end up being able to. I apologize to those who were hoping to be able to finish the roulette and were left hanging for several months. I’ll try to post some thoughts (though not at the level of full writeup) on the last round of submissions sometime in the next few weeks, but that unfortunately will be in the end of it.

Hope you are doing better  :tup gotta take care of yourself first.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2226 on: May 03, 2023, 03:16:57 PM »
That's great to hear.  I was worried based on how two in a row went for you that you might never come back again.  Good to have you back. 

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #2227 on: May 04, 2023, 03:03:20 PM »

Hey, it's good to have you back dude and I hope you're doing better. Don't sweat it about the roulette, I totally get where you are coming from and have zero problem with you calling off the roulette. Not like I was gonna win it anyway  :lol

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2228 on: May 04, 2023, 03:06:06 PM »
I realise that Tomi entering his final round means I can start once I'm ready. Which is not quite yet, but should be in a week or two!

I be am boner inducing.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2229 on: May 04, 2023, 03:08:00 PM »

I know I wasn't playing in yours, but just to say don't worry at all, our own wellbeing is always a higher priority than roulettes. Sounds like you're doing a little better which is good to hear.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2230 on: May 04, 2023, 04:31:39 PM »
I realise that Tomi entering his final round means I can start once I'm ready. Which is not quite yet, but should be in a week or two!

Any idea on the structure or themes (if any), or do you want to keep that a surprise?  It's fascinating how different my initial ideas of what to send TAC and Crow were compared to how they've wound up being (and not always for the better!  :o ).  I had no idea what to send to Tomi, but somehow that seems to have been working out so far...   :lol   I have no idea what to send you either, but maybe my list of random grab bag of possibilities has gold in it...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2231 on: May 04, 2023, 04:33:06 PM »
oh shit. Now I gotta start an Ariich playlist on Spotify.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2232 on: May 04, 2023, 08:13:55 PM »

Same.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #2233 on: May 04, 2023, 08:30:13 PM »

BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline HOF

« Reply #2234 on: May 04, 2023, 09:10:08 PM »
Definitely good to see you back here, 425. No worries about the roulette.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2235 on: May 04, 2023, 11:46:02 PM »

Any idea on the structure or themes (if any), or do you want to keep that a surprise?  It's fascinating how different my initial ideas of what to send TAC and Crow were compared to how they've wound up being (and not always for the better!  :o ).  I had no idea what to send to Tomi, but somehow that seems to have been working out so far...   :lol   I have no idea what to send you either, but maybe my list of random grab bag of possibilities has gold in it...
It'll definitely be submissions of up to 20 minutes again, like my last two roulettes. By far the best format I've used and I'm committed to it now.

Not yet decided on whether/how to do any themes but have some ideas.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #2236 on: May 05, 2023, 08:35:30 AM »

Absolutely understandable mate, no need to apologize. Believe it or not, there's more to life than song roulettes on an archaic forum of a niche progressive rock/metal band filled with some youngsters and many fogeys ;)

Same.
Oh yus :metal

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #2237 on: May 07, 2023, 12:27:36 PM »

It'll definitely be submissions of up to 20 minutes again, like my last two roulettes. By far the best format I've used and I'm committed to it now.

Will you be doing the same ban system via RYM? I want to start researching bands now...

Actually...in a few minutes of searching, I think I can do all Japanese bands lol...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 01:02:32 PM by lonestar »

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2238 on: May 07, 2023, 01:09:55 PM »

Will you be doing the same ban system via RYM? I want to start researching bands now...

Actually...in a few minutes of searching, I think I can do all Japanese bands lol...
Ariich's Accidental All Japanese Roulette! :metal
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2239 on: May 07, 2023, 01:13:35 PM »
I don't think there is any accident to it as far as lonestar goes.   :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 02:00:09 PM by LithoJazzoSphere »