Author Topic: The Song Roulette Tracker Thread 3.0 - v. Betting on red just this once  (Read 295768 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The Song Roulette Tracker Thread 3.0 - v. Betting on red just this once
« Reply #2135 on: January 31, 2023, 01:20:57 PM »
I'd consider doing another roulette but right now, I don't have a format.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2136 on: January 31, 2023, 02:03:59 PM »
Given that 425 is still MIA and we're just checking our watches and waiting for Luke to anoint your victory, if you came up with a quick one you could probably sneak in a roulette before ariich gets up and running, given your unparalleled celerity.   :xbones

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2137 on: January 31, 2023, 02:23:46 PM »
If I knew what celerity was, I may or may not be able to vouch for its unparalellness.  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2138 on: January 31, 2023, 02:35:03 PM »
It's when you eat celery so rapidly that you get the vegetable equivalent of ice cream brain freeze. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2139 on: January 31, 2023, 02:39:19 PM »
Oh, I thought celerity meant being a famous vegetable.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2140 on: January 31, 2023, 03:24:48 PM »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2141 on: January 31, 2023, 03:28:26 PM »
I said "famous". ;D

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2142 on: January 31, 2023, 04:19:37 PM »
If I end up playing, all my concept albums will be banned!   :lol
You've been getting better and better in my roulettes so definitely have to play. If you like, I can stop checking out all the concept albums on your list for now. :lol

Nah, it's cool.  It's nice knowing someone is committed and following along!  :biggrin:

I'd consider doing another roulette but right now, I don't have a format.

I'd consider joining it!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2143 on: January 31, 2023, 08:48:04 PM »
Hmm, I did a bit of preliminary scouting and I'm no closer to having an idea of what to send ariich than when I began, other than just my general list of potential roulette songs and artists that I haven't sent yet.  I might need that whole two months just for prep.   :lol   We seem too similar in ways, liking a broad mixture of styles, somewhat rock/metal-centric but with a few other areas of interest, with a bit of a proggy and artistic flair (I suppose this describes a great deal of DTF to a certain extent, but here in a certain way I can't put my thumb on yet), yet the particular artists that hit hardest seem rather arbitrary.  I might need to parcel out some time later and skim some old roulettes, because I'm lost.    I guess this might be how some of my own roulette victims feel about me.   :rollin

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2144 on: January 31, 2023, 08:59:54 PM »
I might be able to get an OP up tomorrow night and give Rich's kid a chance to grow up before he starts his next roulette.  ;D
It'd run 8 weeks...10 weeks tops.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2145 on: January 31, 2023, 09:04:36 PM »
I actually have a better idea of what to send you, you're more predictable.  :p   

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2146 on: January 31, 2023, 09:22:07 PM »
I actually have a better idea of what to send you, you're more predictable.  :p

Winger sucks
Power Window blows

Yup, he's predictable alright.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2147 on: January 31, 2023, 09:26:03 PM »
Just send random stuff for ariich, that seems to work quite well.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2148 on: January 31, 2023, 09:29:39 PM »

Just not 80s glam metal.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2149 on: January 31, 2023, 09:46:50 PM »

Ah, carefully curate a precise list, and then just roll a die when I need to pick something.  Got it. 

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #2150 on: February 01, 2023, 12:03:10 AM »

Ah, carefully curate a precise list, and then just roll a die when I need to pick something.  Got it.
I just hit shuffle on my entire library then pick the first however many songs are needed to fill each round that aren't banned, done....next roulette...  :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2151 on: February 01, 2023, 01:26:47 AM »
Or having a single roulette with rotating themes, so round 1 open, round 2 rock/metal, round 3 non-rock

Where have I seen that before... 
Well that idea or something like it has been used by others before you, and it's a little different to yours. As I said though, I do also like the flexibility in yours which is quite a new idea I think. To me the difference would be: with the rotation option, the non-rock rounds would be open in terms of any other style, but would have to not be rock or metal, whereas your non-rock mystery rounds are based on a specific style but are more open to interpretation. I like both options and they each have different pros and cons. I'll probably go with one or the other, but I haven't decided which yet.

Hmm, I did a bit of preliminary scouting and I'm no closer to having an idea of what to send ariich than when I began, other than just my general list of potential roulette songs and artists that I haven't sent yet.  I might need that whole two months just for prep.   :lol   We seem too similar in ways, liking a broad mixture of styles, somewhat rock/metal-centric but with a few other areas of interest, with a bit of a proggy and artistic flair (I suppose this describes a great deal of DTF to a certain extent, but here in a certain way I can't put my thumb on yet), yet the particular artists that hit hardest seem rather arbitrary.  I might need to parcel out some time later and skim some old roulettes, because I'm lost.    I guess this might be how some of my own roulette victims feel about me.   :rollin
Yep absolutely, agree on all counts really. I think you and I share a lot of tastes (and I remember that from olden DTF days before you disappeared for a while - but I think even more so now) in terms of things we like, but we're not consistent in which of those things we love. I've not hit any high scores in your roulette yet, but no low scores either.

It's possible that if you look at my last, say, 3 roulettes, you may get a bit of an idea of the things I respond well to, but then again maybe not. :lol

I might be able to get an OP up tomorrow night and give Rich's kid a chance to grow up before he starts his next roulette.  ;D
It'd run 8 weeks...10 weeks tops.
That would probably be perfect actually. I'd of course love to play in yours, and then that should be well timed for me to start once you're done.

In Ruslan's case I don't know if he even curated a list, but he's always performed best in my roulettes (including last time when he finally won, having been screwed over at the end twice) when not thinking too hard about what to send but just taking each round as it comes and sending something he's been enjoying.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2152 on: February 01, 2023, 05:18:54 AM »
Both times I didn’t think much (Darwin’s Radio, and White Lion), I got eliminated.  :lol

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2153 on: February 01, 2023, 05:48:18 AM »
Yes that strategy definitely doesn't work for everyone and you've had the opposite trajectory! :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2154 on: February 01, 2023, 07:38:48 AM »
Why anyone would think that White Lion would be a successful submission is beyond me.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2155 on: February 01, 2023, 08:20:34 AM »
Both times I didn’t think much (Darwin’s Radio, and White Lion), I got eliminated.  :lol

I didn't say it always works out quite well. :lol

In Ruslan's case I don't know if he even curated a list, but he's always performed best in my roulettes (including last time when he finally won, having been screwed over at the end twice) when not thinking too hard about what to send but just taking each round as it comes and sending something he's been enjoying.

I don't think I've ever made a list in yours, definitely not in the last three. Perhaps in some of the earlier ones. However I've made a tentative list for Tomislav's and already abandoned it in Round 2.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2156 on: February 01, 2023, 09:03:45 AM »

Yeah, well, I've done fairly well by staying in overanalysis mode so far.  My gut decision to send Luke some Brad Paisley gave me my worst score so far in a roulette, so I think for now I'm gonna tell my gut to shut the hell up.   :biggrin:

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #2157 on: February 01, 2023, 10:52:21 AM »

Yeah, well, I've done fairly well by staying in overanalysis mode so far.  My gut decision to send Luke some Brad Paisley gave me my worst score so far in a roulette, so I think for now I'm gonna tell my gut to shut the hell up.   :biggrin:

Your first error would be to use my roulette as any sort of litmus test  :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #2158 on: February 01, 2023, 03:20:25 PM »
rn i'm thinking i should be good to start sometime in march? lotta early year turbulence this year for me  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2159 on: February 01, 2023, 03:28:07 PM »
I'll be ready to launch tonight, and it'll take me until the end of March.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2160 on: February 01, 2023, 05:24:56 PM »
Any objections??

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2161 on: February 10, 2023, 12:13:52 PM »
Would there be an interest for a genre specific roulette? ie having individual rounds for each genre...pop, blues, jazz, country/western, hip hop/rap, etc?

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2162 on: February 10, 2023, 12:14:31 PM »
Yep.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2163 on: February 10, 2023, 12:15:03 PM »
Would there be an interest for a genre specific roulette? ie having individual rounds for each genre...pop, blues, jazz, country/western, hip hop/rap, etc?

As long as it isn't any of those genres.

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2164 on: February 10, 2023, 12:15:39 PM »
 :lol

Offline LithoJazzoSphere

• DT.net Veteran
  • Placid Eruption
« Reply #2165 on: February 10, 2023, 12:16:52 PM »
Round 1 - Rock
Round 2 - Hard rock
Round 3 - Harder rock
Round 4 - Heavy rock
Round 5 - Metal
Round 6 - Heavy metal

Offline twosuitsluke

• Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #2166 on: February 10, 2023, 12:17:52 PM »

How about if he sticks a J- in front of them?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #2167 on: February 10, 2023, 12:23:33 PM »
Round 1 - Rock
Round 2 - Hard rock
Round 3 - Harder rock
Round 4 - Heavy rock
Round 5 - Metal
Round 6 - Heavy metal

:lol

How about if he sticks a J- in front of them?
:-*

Seems j-hiphop is a thing of course...

Offline HOF

« Reply #2168 on: February 10, 2023, 12:24:01 PM »

Yeah, sounds fun!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2169 on: February 10, 2023, 12:34:17 PM »

Seems j-hiphop is a thing of course...

It's hard to imagine anything more awful.