The Song Roulette Tracker Thread 3.0 - v. Betting on red just this once

Started by Bolsters, March 22, 2015, 03:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sacul

and 2 and a half years since my last one, feeling old yet?

ariich

Sure but how long since your first one? 9.5 years in my case. :P

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

Elite

Almost two years since my last one ended, but with all the fantastic concepts going on I'm kind of scared to start a new one, because it will likely suck :lol
I thought the last one I did was fun, but I generally can't keep the pace of one round a week, especially since I barely listen to music at all nowadays. Maybe starting a roulette would interest me in listening to more stuff though, so I'm thinking about it..
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Quote from: home on May 09, 2017, 04:05:10 PMSqu
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Crow

King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

It's been one week since you looked at me
Cocked your head to the side
and said I'm angry
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Quote from: HOF on April 02, 2024, 07:30:16 AMDerek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not KingThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Elite

Five days since you laughed at me saying
Get that together come back and see me
Quote from: Lolzeez on November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 PMHey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

Elite

Indeed!

I'm seriously thinking of running one and the urge is become stronger and stronger. I'm very tempted, but I don't think I can live up to the pace others are doing. I'm mainly looking to really discover 'new' stuff, since I barely listen to music nowadays and I kind-of what to rekindle an interest in listening to music. I'm mostly interested in EPs, or selections of songs I think, rather than single tracks, so the idea I have now is to do a relatively short one in number of rounds, but with everybody sending EPs containing different tracks. Something like no real banned list - in fact, I won't ban anything as long as you can make it work, but make sure the majority of stuff is definitely new to me. I'll have to figure out the details and all that, but would there be interest in this idea at all?

jingle.boy

I'd be interested to see if I could find anything that appeals to both of us. As we've both learned, our tastes have strayed apart since I won your (1st?) roulette. If you're up for some straight up prog and metal, I'd be game.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

The Walrus

I'm totally interested. I've pretty much lost all interest in sending metal to people so this could be fun, if you're looking for non-metal

Crow

i've done an EP roulette before and it's

well, exhausting, but fun?

if you're up for getting some real crap i'm in

Indiscipline

ariich

Quote from: Elite on June 25, 2020, 02:44:05 AM
Indeed!

I'm seriously thinking of running one and the urge is become stronger and stronger. I'm very tempted, but I don't think I can live up to the pace others are doing. I'm mainly looking to really discover 'new' stuff, since I barely listen to music nowadays and I kind-of what to rekindle an interest in listening to music. I'm mostly interested in EPs, or selections of songs I think, rather than single tracks, so the idea I have now is to do a relatively short one in number of rounds, but with everybody sending EPs containing different tracks. Something like no real banned list - in fact, I won't ban anything as long as you can make it work, but make sure the majority of stuff is definitely new to me. I'll have to figure out the details and all that, but would there be interest in this idea at all?
I would definitely be interested.

If you want us to try and make sure each EP is mostly stuff that's new to you, then you'd need a way to tell us the music you're already familiar with (like I use RYM, but you could it as a big list like others do banned lists). You wouldn't have to make it a "banned" list, but more of a "the majority of each EP shouldn't be from these artists" list.

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.

Elite

Yeah, I'm planning something along those lines. Honestly, I don't really care if there's going to be a track on there that I know already, if somebody can make me appreciate it in a different light, but I need to figure out a way of having a banned list that saves everybody from having to resend all the time.

ariich

This is the benefit of having an extremely nerdy and comprehensive RYM account. I don't think I've ever had to ask anyone to resend unless they made a mistake.

The Walrus

I have like 180 albums to rate on RYM and the thought of doing it is killing me because RYM likes to stop me every 20 ratings and make me do a test to prove I'm not a bot

Elite

Quote from: ariich on June 25, 2020, 01:41:09 PM
This is the benefit of having an extremely nerdy and comprehensive RYM account. I don't think I've ever had to ask anyone to resend unless they made a mistake.

I have a ridiculous banned list if I need to put it up, and I have lists of albums I own and have heard. I have just never bothered to create a RYM-account and the longer I live not having one, the less likely I'll ever make one, because I'd need to fill in so much stuff.

Anyway, if the roulette gods smile upon me and if people are willing to partake in a roulette that's both more demanding, but also more free in what to send, I have an idea ready that I might put online quite soon. Since ariich's one is almost finished (?), I think it would be okay for me to go? Let me sleep on it a couple nights more :lol

In the meantime, start looking for songs to send ya'll, you're gonna need a bunch :)

The Walrus

Crow

Quote from: Elite on June 25, 2020, 02:19:07 PM
In the meantime, start looking for songs to send ya'll, you're gonna need a bunch :)
how many EPs ya want? i was thinking of putting themed genre-based ones together so i need to know how many different styles to focus on  :corn
probably a prog-death one, an atmo-black one, and a post-hardcore one for sure, we'll see what else if i need a fourth or fifth

ariich

Awesome, yeah I'm in my final round and there are only two others on the go right now (Katt and Cyril) so you can start whenever you like. 

Sacul

I'll def join and just send obscure stuff :metal

Btw I'm really considering a short EP roulette whenever I make my v4

jingle.boy

Quote from: Elite on June 25, 2020, 02:19:07 PM

If I stick with traditional prog, metal, and prog-metal from the last 5 years, I'm think I'm bound to be pretty safe

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

aka Puppies_On_Acid
Quote from: Evermind on May 06, 2024, 07:39:06 AMHey Stadler, your PM inbox is full.
Quote from: HOF on April 02, 2024, 07:30:16 AMDerek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not KingThes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Elite

Quote from: Mr. Crabs on June 25, 2020, 06:00:04 PM
I'll join. I don't think I did that well before though.

Dude, you survived the entire cumulative points elimination process and ended in 3rd place :lol

TAC

Oh  :facepalm:

I'll have to go back and check it out. For some reason I thought I may have not made it out of the first elimination round. Maybe I did another of your roulettes. I'll have to revisit it.
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

ariich

My v6 is finished, congrats to Buddyhunter on his first roulette victory, bad luck to Evermind who got screwed over by my roulette's rules for the second time!

Shadow Ninja 2.0

Now I'm kind of thinking about doing my own Rich-style roulette, since it's been (holy shit!) 5 years since I last ran one of these. Maybe I'll do a lead-free one as well? Maybe I'll just steal every gimmick around and get TAC to score all my entries too.  :lol

I don't know. I'll think on this for a bit and then I may throw myself onto the list.

Tomislav95

Quote from: Shadow Ninja 2.0 on July 02, 2020, 09:43:52 PM
Now I'm kind of thinking about doing my own Rich-style roulette, since it's been (holy shit!) 5 years since I last ran one of these. Maybe I'll do a lead-free one as well? Maybe I'll just steal every gimmick around and get TAC to score all my entries too.  :lol

I don't know. I'll think on this for a bit and then I may throw myself onto the list.
Yeah, do it.
(BTW that may be the first roulette I played in, if I did at all, but I think I did :lol)
EDIT: it is, wow

I'm thinking about doing it again but I don't feel I have that much time. But also I want some new music. Anyways if I do it, it will definitely be more laid back and inclusive than before. Comment or something if you'd like it.

Elite

Give me more roulettes to participate in.........MOARRRR! FEED ME!
aka Puppies_On_Acid

The Walrus

Quote from: The Walrus on July 03, 2020, 04:53:21 AM
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on July 03, 2020, 12:37:08 AM
No Mr. Walrus, you've eaten enough. Look at you, you need to lose some weight... :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid

The Walrus

Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on July 03, 2020, 09:22:11 AM
Quote from: The Walrus on July 03, 2020, 04:53:21 AM
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid on July 03, 2020, 12:37:08 AM
No Mr. Walrus, you've eaten enough. Look at you, you need to lose some weight... :biggrin:

Please do not fat shame

The Walrus