Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 572847 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #9905 on: October 27, 2023, 12:23:23 PM »
I'll be hitting wells fargo in Philly. Nice easy 1 hour ride, MUCH BETTER arena than any of my local NY/NJ places, and will get better seats for the money! Lets's go!

Never been there, but I quite like both of the other venues.  Brooklyn just sucks to get to from NJ.  My buddy already wants to just get a hotel and make a full day/night out of the event, which I'm totally down to do. Prudential is super easy for me to take the train to from my house and has good sites from the lower level. Price, sure, I'm guessing Philly is going to be cheaper than NY/NJ though.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9906 on: October 27, 2023, 12:29:36 PM »

Your loss.

I'll be the judge of that I guess. I mean I'd much rather go than not go, but there's not one thing that is convenient for me to do so. Everything about it is going to be a major pain in the ass.

The shows will sell, with or without you there.

They will??  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online DTwwbwMP

« Reply #9907 on: October 27, 2023, 12:55:39 PM »
I'll be hitting wells fargo in Philly. Nice easy 1 hour ride, MUCH BETTER arena than any of my local NY/NJ places, and will get better seats for the money! Lets's go!

Never been there, but I quite like both of the other venues.  Brooklyn just sucks to get to from NJ.  My buddy already wants to just get a hotel and make a full day/night out of the event, which I'm totally down to do. Prudential is super easy for me to take the train to from my house and has good sites from the lower level. Price, sure, I'm guessing Philly is going to be cheaper than NY/NJ though.

You hit nail on head. For both msg and prudential  if not in lower level, the seats blow, especially prudential. Yes, prudential is really close for me from woodbridge and for maiden, probably would have done that one, but I'll be in Florida at that time next year. As far as the barclay center goes,  :tdwn I hate that arena

Offline Glasser

« Reply #9908 on: October 27, 2023, 01:21:08 PM »

Your loss.

I'll be the judge of that I guess. I mean I'd much rather go than not go, but there's not one thing that is convenient for me to do so. Everything about it is going to be a major pain in the ass.

The shows will sell, with or without you there.

They will?? 
:lol

This is their opportunity to play Power Windows from start to finish but nothing from Powerslave.  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9909 on: October 27, 2023, 02:24:07 PM »
They love Worcester for some reason. I hate going to Worcester. 

I like the Centrum, but Worcester is just long enough of a drive that it's a pain in the ass. And on a fucking Wednesday night to boot.

I definitely want to see them but I guess it'll depend on the prices. Last time they came tickets were ridiculously expensive. This'll probably be the last opportunity to see them, but I'm not getting fucked pricewise to do so.

And WTF is with the year in advance.? That pisses me off. I may skip it on principle.

As much as it goes against everything in me, I got the tickets for down here.  Outlaying that money for something a year away annoys the fuck out if me, but it's more than likely the last time they come down here.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #9910 on: October 27, 2023, 02:32:19 PM »
I'm planning on the Denver show. Surprised they haven't announced an opener yet.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #9911 on: October 27, 2023, 02:46:37 PM »
Anybody else notice them playing odd venues? They're playing Dickies in FW this time around, which isn't entirely uncommon for bands nowadays, but its smaller size might cause problems. It greatly increases the odds of them selling out. That greatly increases the odds of Ticketmaster dynamic pricing fuckery, as well as scalpers jumping on it. Going from a 21k to 14k venue this time around seems odd, and more than a little annoying. I'm not in a great position to drop what they'll be asking for a show over a year from now.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9912 on: October 27, 2023, 02:49:41 PM »

I like the Centrum, but Worcester is just long enough of a drive that it's a pain in the ass. And on a fucking Wednesday night to boot.

I definitely want to see them but I guess it'll depend on the prices. Last time they came tickets were ridiculously expensive. This'll probably be the last opportunity to see them, but I'm not getting fucked pricewise to do so.

And WTF is with the year in advance.? That pisses me off. I may skip it on principle.

As much as it goes against everything in me, I got the tickets for down here.  Outlaying that money for something a year away annoys the fuck out if me, but it's more than likely the last time they come down here.

Bands going to Australia always seems to be dicey.  Bands coming to the US not so much. You've got way more reason for concern about your show happening. Albeit with their age, anything is up in the air.

I'm planning on the Denver show. Surprised they haven't announced an opener yet.

Yeah, Im curious about the openers.  I hope this doesn't mean a Harris child will be performing.

Anybody else notice them playing odd venues? They're playing Dickies in FW this time around, which isn't entirely uncommon for bands nowadays, but its smaller size might cause problems. It greatly increases the odds of them selling out. That greatly increases the odds of Ticketmaster dynamic pricing fuckery, as well as scalpers jumping on it. Going from a 21k to 14k venue this time around seems odd, and more than a little annoying. I'm not in a great position to drop what they'll be asking for a show over a year from now.

I can't comment about other venues, but it's the same ones they usually play here.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #9913 on: October 27, 2023, 03:03:25 PM »
Oh sure, I finally get into these clowns, only for them to skip St. Louis. :censored :censored

Yeah, no FL date either :( Brooklyn and NJ are both on a Saturday, so those might be doable if flights are cheap, but I don't know if I feel the need to see them again that badly.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9914 on: October 27, 2023, 05:17:59 PM »

Bands going to Australia always seems to be dicey.  Bands coming to the US not so much. You've got way more reason for concern about your show happening. Albeit with their age, anything is up in the air.

Yeah, Im curious about the openers.  I hope this doesn't mean a Harris child will be performing.

I can't comment about other venues, but it's the same ones they usually play here.

I wasn't going to mention this, but that's the main sticking point.  I mean, still, if for some reason it doesn't happen on their end, I'll get a refund.  Same thing happened with DT in COVID.  Out layed $300 for two tickets and got postponed for over a year.  We eneded up getting the money back eventually so, meh.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9915 on: October 27, 2023, 06:09:04 PM »
Including fees?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #9916 on: October 27, 2023, 09:02:58 PM »

I think it has to do with the tour - they were in huge arenas for the Legacy tour, at least here in Chicago.  They had the massive production and classic songs.  Now, the stage show is scaled back a bit and the majority of the show comes from two albums so it's a little more of a niche tour.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9917 on: October 28, 2023, 05:43:27 AM »
Including fees?

I can't even remember if it was a full refund.  We don't have too many fees for these sorts of things here so it was close enough.

With Maiden, the misses said today tickers were close to sold out as we were 2 days late ordering.  Had to get nosebleed seats but at least we got something.  Ended up 100 bucks a ticket so even if something does happen in a yesrs time, it's only $200, so no big issue.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9918 on: October 31, 2023, 09:28:46 AM »
Got my tickets...

$153 each after fees for the floor at Barclays and $129 each after fees for front row in the top section at Prudential.

Not very happy with the fan club pre-sale.  I was on right on time and quickly got in right after 10am, no issues with ticketmaster or anything.... but they didn't have any of the best seats available for sale.  The best seats they did have could only be bought as a VIP ticket for a few hundred more that included some goodies, but I wasn't paying over $400 for it just to have those seats.  Floor was easily available for both shows, but they clearly are holding back the best seats.  I secured what I can because I'd be shocked if the prices don't go up for the public sale.  Both veneus had some pretty cheap tickets (under $60) available too. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #9919 on: October 31, 2023, 09:49:27 AM »
The good news is, they are coming to town.  The bad news is, it's a festival show.  99% sure that isn't going to happen.  :(
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #9920 on: October 31, 2023, 01:24:19 PM »
Agree on the frustration with the fan club presale this round. I don't remember there being a higher tier in the past.

Oh well, I think you're going to be hard-pressed to find a ticket for under $100 at any arena.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9921 on: October 31, 2023, 01:29:32 PM »
Agree on the frustration with the fan club presale this round. I don't remember there being a higher tier in the past.

Oh well, I think you're going to be hard-pressed to find a ticket for under $100 at any arena.

there were plenty of under $100 tickets for the two local shows in the NYC area.  Problem is getting those during the public sale.  I bet those go quickly because there's a huge price different from "decent seat" to "being in the building" I thought the floor prices were decent, but the decent seats (and not even the best seats) were a bit more expensive than I expected. 

The good news is, they are coming to town.  The bad news is, it's a festival show.  99% sure that isn't going to happen.  :(

Yeah, that sucks for the SF area to get the aftershock set and not their own show.  I guess the festival could be awesome, but that's a totally different experience and effort. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #9922 on: October 31, 2023, 01:36:52 PM »

Yeah, that sucks for the SF area to get the aftershock set and not their own show.  I guess the festival could be awesome, but that's a totally different experience and effort. 

Yeah, not to mention that a festival GA ticket is about $400 (unless they later offer single day tickets that are cheaper).  But there is a full 3-day gap between L.A. and Aftershock, so maybe there is a northern CA date that has yet to be announced?  I'm hoping.  I might be willing to travel a bit if necessary.  I just don't know how many more opportunities there will be to see them, and since I never have and this is likely to be a great set for my tastes, this would be the time.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9923 on: October 31, 2023, 01:43:14 PM »

Yeah, not to mention that a festival GA ticket is about $400 (unless they later offer single day tickets that are cheaper).  But there is a full 3-day gap between L.A. and Aftershock, so maybe there is a northern CA date that has yet to be announced?  I'm hoping.  I might be willing to travel a bit if necessary.  I just don't know how many more opportunities there will be to see them, and since I never have and this is likely to be a great set for my tastes, this would be the time.

There's a large gap in the Northeast dates too that had me wondering if there would be more shows announced.  For Aftershock though, I wouldn't bet on it.  A lot of times those headliners are signing exclusive deals to be doing that show and only that show in the area.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #9924 on: October 31, 2023, 01:47:03 PM »
Yeah, that doesn't surprise me that it would be that way, and I wouldn't expect anything else in the Sac area.  But Reno and San Francisco (or other parts of the Bay Area) are far enough out from the Sac metro area that I wouldn't expect those to necessarily be off limits.  But I could be wrong. 

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #9925 on: November 01, 2023, 09:19:27 AM »
Tried to get into the Live Nation presale for Chicago and Ticketbastard is not playing nice. Stupid queue is in play and they text me the code, I enter it and then it tells me something went wrong on their end. Tried a few times and gave up.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9926 on: November 01, 2023, 09:23:55 AM »
Tried to get into the Live Nation presale for Chicago and Ticketbastard is not playing nice. Stupid queue is in play and they text me the code, I enter it and then it tells me something went wrong on their end. Tried a few times and gave up.

OOC I checked and had no issue looking at tickets, but the issue you are having looks more directed at you as I've had weird issues like that in the past before with trying to log in once entering the queue, but it may have worked now because it's late enough that there is no longer a queue it seems.  LiveNation presale code is "BACKSTAGE" in case anyone else needs it.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #9927 on: November 01, 2023, 09:51:11 AM »
Painful prices. I went with the upper level for what ended up as $91 a ticket. Allstate is not the biggest venue so I don't think it will be that bad. Pretty much dead center on the opposite end of the arena. Figured this might be the last time to see them. Any other seats probably would have run me almost $200 each. Just too much.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #9928 on: November 01, 2023, 10:12:51 AM »
Painful prices. I went with the upper level for what ended up as $91 a ticket. Allstate is not the biggest venue so I don't think it will be that bad. Pretty much dead center on the opposite end of the arena. Figured this might be the last time to see them. Any other seats probably would have run me almost $200 each. Just too much.
I’m also looking into tickets at that show. Probably gonna end up on the balcony as well. I wonder why they’re not doing United Center this time around?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9929 on: November 01, 2023, 10:15:49 AM »
I can get in and choose my tickets, but for some reason, even after unlocking, I can go any further.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #9930 on: November 01, 2023, 10:21:23 AM »
I’m also looking into tickets at that show. Probably gonna end up on the balcony as well. I wonder why they’re not doing United Center this time around?

I think it's because they are touring on the backs of a newer album and a lesser old album so the demand may be lessen which led to them playing in slightly smaller arenas.  Here in the LA area, when they did Legacy of the Beast, they did one show at BMO Stadium in 2019 (which held 20k) and then two shows at the Honda Center in Anaheim in 2022.  This tour, they are only doing The Forum in Inglewood (which is an older building in comparison to the building formerly known as Staples Center and Honda Center and has less seats and less VIP sections).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 02:30:31 PM by Anguyen92 »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9931 on: November 01, 2023, 02:27:46 PM »
WOOT!! Got my tickets!!!
Somehow two $104 tickets ended up at $275..

I'm good. That's still a lot of fucking money.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9932 on: November 01, 2023, 02:42:27 PM »
WOOT!! Got my tickets!!!

:metal yeah, i spent $1k on tickets although my friend already paid me his $475 back today.  It's certainly a lot.  Between this and progpower next year, I just emptied my wallet and all this fun isn't until next fall.  Unless something terrible happens, I very much expect it to be worth it though. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9933 on: November 01, 2023, 02:46:54 PM »
WOOT!! Got my tickets!!!

:metal yeah, i spent $1k on tickets although my friend already paid me his $475 back today.  It's certainly a lot.  Between this and progpower next year, I just emptied my wallet and all this fun isn't until next fall.  Unless something terrible happens, I very much expect it to be worth it though.

The Lovely Mrs TAC informed me that I'll have nothing under the tree this year. :lol

Offline pg1067

« Reply #9934 on: November 01, 2023, 04:43:12 PM »

I think it's because they are touring on the backs of a newer album and a lesser old album so the demand may be lessen which led to them playing in slightly smaller arenas.  Here in the LA area, when they did Legacy of the Beast, they did one show at BMO Stadium in 2019 (which held 20k) and then two shows at the Honda Center in Anaheim in 2022.  This tour, they are only doing The Forum in Inglewood (which is an older building in comparison to the building formerly known as Staples Center and Honda Center and has less seats and less VIP sections).

What the heck is BMO Stadium?

I just can't bring myself to buy tickets for a concert so far in advance - especially when I had mixed feelings about the last Maiden show, and this one is at the Forum on a Tuesday.  I gave some thought to the Saturday show in Vegas, but there's still the time issue.  If they did floor seats, I might give it some thought, but I ain't fuckin' with a GA floor and whatever mosh pit might develop.  Like Sgt. Murtaugh, I'm too old for this shit.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #9935 on: November 01, 2023, 04:54:53 PM »
^^ It used to be Banc of California Stadium.  The smaller soccer field next to the Coliseum in USC.  They just renamed it to BMO Stadium.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #9936 on: November 01, 2023, 04:56:23 PM »
Ahhh...they really need to stop changing the names of these places!
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9937 on: November 01, 2023, 06:26:31 PM »

I just can't bring myself to buy tickets for a concert so far in advance - especially when I had mixed feelings about the last Maiden show, and this one is at the Forum on a Tuesday.

It pisses me off on principle.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #9938 on: November 01, 2023, 08:48:13 PM »

I got a random email from Ticketmaster about a presale today, so I bought a ticket.  Section 103, lower bowl, in the corner.  I've actually never sat in this section before.  I was really pissed that there were no seats available in the two sections on each side of the 100 level.  I felt like those were being held back for some other presale.  At least I'm going, and it's definitely a smaller arena than when I saw them last year at the United Center and was so damn high up.  Plus it's a shorter drive for me. 

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #9939 on: November 01, 2023, 09:14:52 PM »
Hmmmm.  Cheapest seats at the Forum is $67.00.  Lawn seats at Chula Vista is $48.00.  I think I can wait it out since it's about 11 months in advance.