Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 573549 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #9415 on: April 21, 2023, 09:22:09 AM »
Well, they just announced Canada dates before the CA festival... hoping for a full US tour...
A limited US tour wouldn't surprise me, but I'm definitely interested in one of the Canadaland dates. I dig the hell out of driving around scenic areas when the leaves are changing, and the timing is pretty good for one of those dates. I was already knocking around a PNW trip in the Fall, so here we are.

Are they playing all of Senjutsu?   :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #9416 on: April 21, 2023, 09:28:12 AM »
Well, they just announced Canada dates before the CA festival... hoping for a full US tour...
A limited US tour wouldn't surprise me, but I'm definitely interested in one of the Canadaland dates. I dig the hell out of driving around scenic areas when the leaves are changing, and the timing is pretty good for one of those dates. I was already knocking around a PNW trip in the Fall, so here we are.

Are they playing all of Senjutsu?   :) :) :) :) :) :)
Don't even joke about that.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9417 on: April 21, 2023, 09:31:22 AM »
They already said this tour is a mix of Senjutsu and Somewhere in Time.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #9418 on: April 21, 2023, 09:43:10 AM »

I remember that announcement; this is that, then? I'm pretty psyched for that.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9419 on: April 21, 2023, 09:52:34 AM »

Yeah, it's marketed under the same tour of The Future Past

Also, the last Canada date is the 2nd and the CA date is the 6th, that leaves some time for them to hit up the west coast heading down to Indio.  I've got to image a US tour will be announced.  I really just hope Power Trip doesn't have some clause in it that it will be the only US show for IM in 2023 or something which festivals sometimes do. I dont want to miss this tour.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #9420 on: April 21, 2023, 10:34:24 AM »

Also, the last Canada date is the 2nd and the CA date is the 6th, that leaves some time for them to hit up the west coast heading down to Indio.  I've got to image a US tour will be announced.  I really just hope Power Trip doesn't have some clause in it that it will be the only US show for IM in 2023 or something which festivals sometimes do. I dont want to miss this tour.
I actually looked into Power Trip. I have kin in the Desert Cities, so I'd have a great time out there. $600+TTL to stand at the very back of the grounds does not appeal to me. Beyond that it's looking a whole lot more like $1k to get in. Fuck a bunch of that. I'd much rather spend that money on the Canadia+PNW plan.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9421 on: April 21, 2023, 11:00:44 AM »

I actually looked into Power Trip. I have kin in the Desert Cities, so I'd have a great time out there. $600+TTL to stand at the very back of the grounds does not appeal to me. Beyond that it's looking a whole lot more like $1k to get in. Fuck a bunch of that. I'd much rather spend that money on the Canadia+PNW plan.

If it's 1k, then it comes down to about 1000/6 = 167 per band which isn't terrible for each of those bands.  I just see the coachella tiktoks from last weekend and it looks absolutely miserable (and the tiktoks themselves say it too).  It really comes to just getting around there and also the cost of food/drink is insane.  If you are camping, good luck showering.  I kind of understand the attraction for coachella for young people, but Power Trip is definitely musically geared towards older dudes.  Nothing about that would seem attractive besides the music IMO.  Having said that, I shouldn't be surprised that I see a billboard for Power Trip on my work commute in NJ outside NYC.  They probably aren't selling as they would expect and it makes sense to me.

Online pg1067

« Reply #9422 on: April 21, 2023, 11:36:20 AM »
Iron Maiden Monopoly!

I may actually pull the trigger on this, although I doubt I'd ever play it.  It looks fucking cool!

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/iron-maiden-monopoly/usmn144656
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online nick_z

« Reply #9423 on: April 21, 2023, 11:42:16 AM »
Iron Maiden Monopoly!

I may actually pull the trigger on this, although I doubt I'd ever play it.  It looks fucking cool!

Wow, it sure does!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9424 on: April 21, 2023, 12:21:40 PM »
  I really just hope Power Trip doesn't have some clause in it that it will be the only US show for IM in 2023 or something which festivals sometimes do. I dont want to miss this tour.

I feel like that would've been part of the original billing, no?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9425 on: April 21, 2023, 12:28:22 PM »
  I really just hope Power Trip doesn't have some clause in it that it will be the only US show for IM in 2023 or something which festivals sometimes do. I dont want to miss this tour.

Yeah maybe because you do usually see "exclusive US performance!" in such cases but I can't say for sure.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #9426 on: April 21, 2023, 12:33:47 PM »
Iron Maiden Monopoly!

I may need that too. lol.

As for the tour, I have to imagine we'll see some more dates, particularly on the West Coast U.S., now that the festival appearance is in the same timeframe as western Canada. Fingers crossed.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #9427 on: April 21, 2023, 01:11:52 PM »
Iron Maiden Monopoly!

Total failure for not having 22 Acacia Avenue as one of the squares to land on, and the squares just go through their discography in order, which is kind of boring.   :facepalm:   

But the board looks cool at least!

Online pg1067

« Reply #9428 on: April 21, 2023, 01:23:39 PM »
Iron Maiden Monopoly!

Total failure for not having 22 Acacia Avenue as one of the squares to land on, and the squares just go through their discography in order, which is kind of boring.   :facepalm:   

Someone on another forum noted that doing it other than in chron order would imply someone ranking the albums, which could open up a can of worms, so chron order probably is the best approach.  I just hope the "Get out of Jail Free" card quotes the chorus of The Prisoner.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #9429 on: April 21, 2023, 01:53:27 PM »
Iron Maiden Monopoly!

Someone on another forum noted that doing it other than in chron order would imply someone ranking the albums, which could open up a can of worms, so chron order probably is the best approach.  I just hope the "Get out of Jail Free" card quotes the chorus of The Prisoner.

I'd prefer some sort of ranking.  Boardwalk and Park Place are the most prestigious spots on a board, yet those two spaces here are....Senjutsu and Nights of the Dead?   I'd think you'd have Maiden's two biggest albums on those (and yes, I know that's subjective). 

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #9430 on: April 21, 2023, 02:54:22 PM »

Yeah maybe because you do usually see "exclusive US performance!" in such cases but I can't say for sure.

I think they may announce more shows in the US this year, but the Power Trip festival is definitely going to be a Southern California exclusive meaning no shows in LA, Anaheim, or San Bernardino around that time.  Oh well.  Hope for better next year if they are still willing.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #9431 on: April 21, 2023, 03:03:48 PM »
I would think that on the monopoly board, being sent to jail means you are subjected to listening to the Blaze albums as extra punishment.

Online pg1067

« Reply #9432 on: April 21, 2023, 03:09:49 PM »
Iron Maiden Monopoly!

I'd prefer some sort of ranking.  Boardwalk and Park Place are the most prestigious spots on a board, yet those two spaces here are....Senjutsu and Nights of the Dead?   I'd think you'd have Maiden's two biggest albums on those (and yes, I know that's subjective).

All I know is that valuing TXF and VXI higher than Piece of Mind, Powerslave and Beast is just objectively wrong.

I would think that on the monopoly board, being sent to jail means you are subjected to listening to the Blaze albums as extra punishment.

:rollin

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9433 on: April 21, 2023, 03:22:27 PM »

Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #9434 on: April 21, 2023, 03:47:15 PM »
I like those albums, but that was funny.  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9435 on: April 21, 2023, 03:57:21 PM »

:tdwn

Offline Lupton

« Reply #9436 on: April 21, 2023, 05:43:43 PM »
:lol

"Do not pass go! Do not Look to the Eyes of a Stranger!"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9437 on: April 21, 2023, 05:52:39 PM »

"Do not pass go! Do not Look to the Eyes of a Stranger!"

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9438 on: April 22, 2023, 01:49:47 AM »
Health update, Blaze has been discharged from the hospital now.

"As with our previous update, we are delighted to say that Blaze's surgery seems to have been a success & we're really happy to report that he is now released from hospital & is at home to continue his recovery. Your messages, cards, merch purchases & donations are appreciated more than you may ever realise. As & when Blaze gets stronger he will have further updates & messages for you."
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline WardySI

« Reply #9439 on: April 22, 2023, 02:04:36 AM »
 :metal

Offline Mladen

« Reply #9440 on: April 22, 2023, 02:57:37 AM »
This guy will be back on stage opening the show with The Man who would not die in no time.  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9441 on: April 22, 2023, 05:50:04 AM »
Fuck yes!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9442 on: April 28, 2023, 05:07:54 PM »
Tommy Johansson's Friday song today..
Aces High :metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zatyaop0Sxo

Online pg1067

« Reply #9443 on: April 28, 2023, 05:29:30 PM »

Speaking of unlistenable backing tracks....

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #9444 on: April 28, 2023, 08:09:33 PM »

I enjoyed this hyper speed version, though Tommy's vocals drown out the killer backing track.

Offline The Realm

« Reply #9445 on: April 28, 2023, 09:36:20 PM »

Speaking of unlistenable backing tracks....

To me the whole thing is horrendous and virtually unlistenable even the vocals.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9446 on: April 29, 2023, 05:57:20 AM »

While this guy is super talented, this just shows what an incredible and unique voice Bruce has.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9447 on: April 29, 2023, 05:58:52 AM »

While this guy is super talented, this just shows what an incredible and unique voice Bruce has.

Yeah, I just threw it it there. It's really hard to hear the song any other way than the original.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9448 on: April 29, 2023, 03:39:57 PM »

Yeah, I just threw it it there. It's really hard to hear the song any other way than the original.

Don't get me wrong, I've checked out loads from him and most are just amazing.  I guess Maiden are one of those iconic unique bands.

Offline ErHaO

« Reply #9449 on: April 29, 2023, 05:15:17 PM »
I think that cover is great to be honest, it works for me.