Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 572855 times)

Offline ozzy554

Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #9380 on: March 27, 2023, 11:08:06 AM »
Have always been in the minority but loved and still love X Factor, it speaks to me \m/

And while dig all his solo output if push came to shove I'd take Silicon Messiah over any other followed closely by Tenth Dimension and his most recent War Within Me which was a cracker.  The both Promise and Terror and The Man Who Would Not Die excellent excellent stuff...

The world needs hear more Blaze  :metal

Get well soon mate!

X Factor will always be the most underrated Iron Maiden album in my eyes. The darker direction of the music fit Blaze's voice perfectly and I really wish they continued in that direction. Virtual XI sounded like they tried to do a more typical Maiden album and it didn't work as well though I do love some songs from it.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline jammindude

« Reply #9381 on: March 27, 2023, 01:18:58 PM »
Have always been in the minority but loved and still love X Factor, it speaks to me \m/

And while dig all his solo output if push came to shove I'd take Silicon Messiah over any other followed closely by Tenth Dimension and his most recent War Within Me which was a cracker.  The both Promise and Terror and The Man Who Would Not Die excellent excellent stuff...

The world needs hear more Blaze  :metal

Get well soon mate!

X Factor will always be the most underrated Iron Maiden album in my eyes. The darker direction of the music fit Blaze's voice perfectly and I really wish they continued in that direction. Virtual XI sounded like they tried to do a more typical Maiden album and it didn't work as well though I do love some songs from it.

+1,000,000
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9382 on: March 27, 2023, 04:09:43 PM »
Most know my opinions on TXF.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9383 on: March 28, 2023, 01:00:42 PM »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9384 on: March 28, 2023, 01:23:12 PM »
https://blabbermouth.net/news/metallica-iron-maiden-and-ozzy-osbourne-are-rumored-headliners-of-this-years-power-trip-festival

Apparently that festival is in CA in October... maybe a Maiden fall US tour???

Apparently. I can't see Ozzy playing though, honestly. No way he'll make that.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9385 on: March 28, 2023, 01:26:03 PM »
https://blabbermouth.net/news/metallica-iron-maiden-and-ozzy-osbourne-are-rumored-headliners-of-this-years-power-trip-festival

I heard he already wants to take back his retirement  :lol I think he moved back to England, but since he was just living in LA, maybe that's not much of a stretch?  I can see it. Apparently all their socials hinted of it, which is why I shared it since there's some smoke here.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9386 on: March 28, 2023, 01:28:06 PM »

I heard he already wants to take back his retirement  :lol I think he moved back to England, but since he was just living in LA, maybe that's not much of a stretch?  I can see it. Apparently all their socials hinted of it, which is why I shared it since there's some smoke here.

Yeah, I just accessed the FB announcement from their site. Must be happening. Still, I'd be amazed if Ozzy actually plays.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #9387 on: March 28, 2023, 03:40:32 PM »
I mean a one off show is far more feasible than doing a full tour in his condition so it's possible......But I'll be surprised if he doesn't cancel.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9388 on: March 28, 2023, 03:42:52 PM »
I mean a one off show is far more feasible than doing a full tour in his condition so it's possible......But I'll be surprised if he doesn't cancel.

I agree. But how much are they paying him? Metallica and Iron Maiden cannot be cheap for the promoter.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #9389 on: March 28, 2023, 03:47:47 PM »

I agree. But how much are they paying him? Metallica and Iron Maiden cannot be cheap for the promoter.

$55.99 per song.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9390 on: March 28, 2023, 04:15:58 PM »

$55.99 per song.

Must have a Groupon.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #9391 on: March 29, 2023, 08:14:39 AM »

I can see him doing one-offs.  Most touring musicians will tell you, they're not getting paid for the two hours on stage, they're getting paid for the 22 hours OFF stage.  If that's not a problem, I can see him doing an festival set (say, 75 minutes). 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9392 on: March 29, 2023, 08:17:47 AM »

That article mentioned previous bands, who are all very big bands.  So I guess they have the money to pay for it all.  I mean, those tickets will sell for those three headliners.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9393 on: March 29, 2023, 09:12:19 AM »

That article mentioned previous bands, who are all very big bands.  So I guess they have the money to pay for it all.  I mean, those tickets will sell for those three headliners.

https://bravewords.com/news/ac-dc-tool-guns-n-roses-rumoured-for-2023-power-trip-festival

Offline pg1067

« Reply #9394 on: March 29, 2023, 09:43:29 AM »
A guy here at work (who is a few years younger than I am) is talking about wanting to go to this Power Trip thing.  I said it sounds like about the worst thing ever:  being outside, all day, in fucking Indio.  He accused me of being old and not liking fun.   :lol
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9395 on: March 29, 2023, 10:20:48 AM »
A guy here at work (who is a few years younger than I am) is talking about wanting to go to this Power Trip thing.  I said it sounds like about the worst thing ever:  being outside, all day, in fucking Indio.  He accused me of being old and not liking fun.   :lol

My step son wanted to see Ozzy in the UK on his final tour.  That got cancelled (so far, anyway).  We're kicking this around.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9396 on: March 31, 2023, 06:00:54 AM »
Watching En Vivo! the video again, and man is that so friggin' good.    Talk about a band firing on all cylinders; Bruce on "The Talisman" is a master class.   

And I forgot how much Dave played the Les Paul that show!!!  When he and Adrian traded solos on "Coming Home" it was almost religious for me.  You can still tell it's Dave, for sure, but I love that slightly thicker, warmer tone he got through the 'Paul.  I almost wonder if he had gear trouble with his main guitar, since he was clearly not 100% comfortable with the heavier guitar (he also kept looking down at the fretboard more than I remember being usual) and he used it for some of the older songs as well.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 06:24:34 AM by Stadler »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #9397 on: March 31, 2023, 06:02:03 AM »
Was shuffling through some songs with them cranked on the big stereo last night, and Strange World was one of them.  The guitar work in that song is just gorgeous. :hefdaddy :hefdaddy

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9398 on: March 31, 2023, 03:09:05 PM »
Watching En Vivo! the video again, and man is that so friggin' good.    Talk about a band firing on all cylinders; Bruce on "The Talisman" is a master class.   

And I forgot how much Dave played the Les Paul that show!!!  When he and Adrian traded solos on "Coming Home" it was almost religious for me.  You can still tell it's Dave, for sure, but I love that slightly thicker, warmer tone he got through the 'Paul.  I almost wonder if he had gear trouble with his main guitar, since he was clearly not 100% comfortable with the heavier guitar (he also kept looking down at the fretboard more than I remember being usual) and he used it for some of the older songs as well.

The Talisman is my favorite Reunion Era track, and Coming Home ain't far behind it.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #9399 on: April 03, 2023, 09:48:19 AM »

My step son wanted to see Ozzy in the UK on his final tour.  That got cancelled (so far, anyway).  We're kicking this around.

Wouldn't mind going on Friday and Sunday. Those would be a blast to see. I'm also thinking about going.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #9400 on: April 06, 2023, 07:23:52 PM »
Blaze is having at least a triple bypass, possibly a quad.

https://bravewords.com/news/blaze-bayley-health-update-former-iron-maiden-frontman-remains-in-good-form-as-he-awaits-heart-surgery

Blaze : heaIth update

We’ve been keeping in regular contact with Blaze & he remains in good form, still awaiting specific news of a date for his heart surgery. He’s still in hospital & is incredibly grateful for all your messages & comments.

Blaze is also so grateful for the support you have given by way of buying merch from our webshop which remains open for business as usual at blazebayleyshop.com

Some of you have asked about making donations instead of buying merch. We would prefer you to buy merch but if you really do want to make a straightforward donation please do so through the official channel by Paypal bbrlshop@gmail.com

Thank you everyone. More news coming as & when.

Mark Appleton & Christopher Appleton (management / bookings)
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #9401 on: April 06, 2023, 08:17:47 PM »

Has he ever been to Indio in the summer?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline faizoff

« Reply #9402 on: April 06, 2023, 08:19:51 PM »
Man quadruple bypass is rough. Hope he's able to make a full recovery.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9403 on: April 06, 2023, 08:42:49 PM »
Jeez, that's indeed going to be a big procedure.  Fingers crossed for him.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #9404 on: April 06, 2023, 08:44:25 PM »
Prayers and love to Blaze and his loved ones. ❤

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9405 on: April 13, 2023, 10:04:53 PM »
Blaze is out of surgery having had a quadruple heart bypass.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline WardySI

« Reply #9406 on: April 13, 2023, 10:11:06 PM »
Thanks for the update

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9407 on: April 14, 2023, 05:59:46 AM »
Recover well Blaze!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9408 on: April 14, 2023, 08:09:52 AM »
This song came on the other day while driving home from work and of course reminded me of Blaze's current condition.  Hopefully the surgery went well and he's now on the road to recovery

Offline pg1067

« Reply #9409 on: April 14, 2023, 09:54:20 AM »

Has he ever been to Indio in the summer?

Yes.  He's one of those maniacs who likes going to Palm Springs...in the summer...and being outside.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Glasser

« Reply #9410 on: April 14, 2023, 11:24:47 AM »
Blaze is in my thoughts! Heal well brother (like he's reading this  :lol).

:heart :heart :heart :heart

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9411 on: April 15, 2023, 04:54:46 AM »
This song came on the other day while driving home from work and of course reminded me of Blaze's current condition.  Hopefully the surgery went well and he's now on the road to recovery

:metal  Such a good song and album!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #9412 on: April 15, 2023, 05:22:09 AM »
"In this arena
I, who will not die, won't salute you"

:metal

Get well soon Blaze!!!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9413 on: April 21, 2023, 08:19:01 AM »
Well, they just announced Canada dates before the CA festival... hoping for a full US tour...

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #9414 on: April 21, 2023, 09:14:04 AM »
Well, they just announced Canada dates before the CA festival... hoping for a full US tour...
A limited US tour wouldn't surprise me, but I'm definitely interested in one of the Canadaland dates. I dig the hell out of driving around scenic areas when the leaves are changing, and the timing is pretty good for one of those dates. I was already knocking around a PNW trip in the Fall, so here we are.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson