Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 573530 times)

Offline The Realm

Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #8610 on: June 01, 2022, 04:34:21 PM »
Bold statement:

The only song in the Di'Anno/Bayley catalogues that Bruce DOESN'T sing better than the original singer is "Remember Tomorrow" (I hate his "AH-ah-AHHA!"'s).  That's not a dig on either Paul or Blaze -  I LOVE Di'Anno, I really like Bayley - but c'mon.  Bruce is one of the best metal singers that ever lived.  It's not really a fair comparison, because it was live, but seeing "The Sign Of The Cross" on the Legacy tour was transcendent moment for me.  It's one of the moments I was really looking forward to, and it delivered.

Maiden is a singular band; they have a style, they have a sort of... expectation.  Just because you're not the right guy for MAIDEN, doesn't mean you're not a good musician.  Plus, I understand from sources I trust that Blaze is a top notch human being too, which goes a long way.  He just wasn't a good fit for Iron Maiden. No crime in that.

I pretty much agree with all of this, well said.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #8611 on: June 01, 2022, 07:19:56 PM »
Bold statement:

The only song in the Di'Anno/Bayley catalogues that Bruce DOESN'T sing better than the original singer is "Remember Tomorrow" (I hate his "AH-ah-AHHA!"'s).  That's not a dig on either Paul or Blaze -  I LOVE Di'Anno, I really like Bayley - but c'mon.  Bruce is one of the best metal singers that ever lived.  It's not really a fair comparison, because it was live, but seeing "The Sign Of The Cross" on the Legacy tour was transcendent moment for me.  It's one of the moments I was really looking forward to, and it delivered.

Maiden is a singular band; they have a style, they have a sort of... expectation.  Just because you're not the right guy for MAIDEN, doesn't mean you're not a good musician.  Plus, I understand from sources I trust that Blaze is a top notch human being too, which goes a long way.  He just wasn't a good fit for Iron Maiden. No crime in that.

I pretty much agree with all of this, well said.

If an MLB team paid me to DH for them today, I would not pass it up. Its on them for hiring me no matter how I perform. Blaze got the gig and did his personal best. Honestly the more I listen to his Maiden stuff the more I dig it for what it is.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8612 on: June 01, 2022, 07:25:37 PM »
Yup, and I feel lucky to have seen them with Blaze.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #8613 on: June 01, 2022, 07:30:16 PM »

So you DO want to see me DH for the Red Sox? You would be lucky to see that  :lol

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #8614 on: June 01, 2022, 07:40:38 PM »

So you DO want to see me DH for the Red Sox? You would be lucky to see that  :lol
It would at least be entertaining  :biggrin:
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8615 on: June 01, 2022, 08:27:05 PM »

It would at least be entertaining  :biggrin:

Glasser would be like John Kruk at the All Star game against Randy Johnson.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #8616 on: June 01, 2022, 08:57:04 PM »
No way TAC! After the heater over my head I would be in fetal position behind the ump.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #8617 on: June 02, 2022, 12:17:08 AM »
So…going through the Bruce albums from FOTD to Senjutsu in alphabetical order this week (because that’s how my player stores them and I just go with the flow)

AMOLAD - Every but as wonderful as I remember. Not a dud in the bunch. The hardest part will be figuring out how many of these make my top 75 list.

BNW - This gets my vote for most improved album after not hearing it for awhile. Blood Brothers and OOTSP are still a bit too monotonous, but the rest of the album is not nearly as tiresome as I remember.

DOD - It had very high highs, but also some throwaways as well. I’ll revisit it again, but so far it’s my least favorite of the new material. Paschendale is a huge standout. Journeyman is excellent as well.

FOTD - this is a very different album for Maiden. I can kinda see what they were going for, but it doesn’t always work. I know everyone talks smack about Weekend Warrior…but is it my imagination, or am I getting a hard UFO vibe from that song? When looked at as an homage to what is obviously one of Steve’s biggest influences, you can almost forgive it. At least it’s something different for IM. I guess I like some of the “biker” feel of a couple of the tracks. FHTE leaps immediately to mind. The Fugitive has the classic IM subject matter, and it really SHOULD have been great, but the chorus is really clunky. Still not sure about this album.

Senjutsu - Wow! All I can say is wow! Can’t believe they put out something this good this late in their career. It’s only maybe the third time I’ve spun it all the way through (I’ve been busy) but it’s a really fantastic album.

I just started TBOS today. First couple of tracks are excellent…but my memory tells me the middle of this album sags quite a bit before picking back up with EOTC.

I’ll finish up TBOS and TFF tomorrow and report back.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #8618 on: June 02, 2022, 07:01:24 AM »
Probably most people have seen these, but some cool videos (2 fan-made) bringing some reunion era tracks to life:

Empire of the Clouds https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsM6wpIA3Sc

The Longest Day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P7OEK0ODuM

Brighter Than a Thousand Suns https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQvv3XiDEmY

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #8619 on: June 02, 2022, 12:40:48 PM »
AMOLAD - Every but as wonderful as I remember. Not a dud in the bunch. The hardest part will be figuring out how many of these make my top 75 list.
This album is every bit as good as (if not better than) any of the classic Maiden albums in my opinion.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #8620 on: June 02, 2022, 01:25:58 PM »
Ok, my foot is in mouth, I'm enjoying the Blaze albums over the past two days.

Online pg1067

« Reply #8621 on: June 02, 2022, 03:05:57 PM »
I'll see you the Indonesian guys and raise you these kids (who actually do a pretty good job):  https://youtu.be/Ywgtxfxros4
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8622 on: June 02, 2022, 03:23:53 PM »
I know everyone talks smack about Weekend Warrior…but is it my imagination, or am I getting a hard UFO vibe from that song? When looked at as an homage to what is obviously one of Steve’s biggest influences, you can almost forgive it.

Dammit, I read this post at 5:15 this morning and it's been at me all day. As soon as I got to work I ran through it 3 times.

I think I'd be stretching big time to say I hear it...but...I'll give you this.

Thinking along the UFO lies, I will say that listening to the intro, the first thing I thought of was the intro to Black And Blue, from Waysted's Save Your Prayers album. It's not exact, or close even....but my mind went right there.
And I think you can kind of get a little Chapman in bits in the solo section.

Online The Letter M

« Reply #8623 on: June 02, 2022, 03:57:21 PM »
So about two weeks ago, on a whim, I decided to finally dive into some Iron Maiden. Prior to then, my only exposure to them has been Dream Theater covering any of their songs, and of course, their album cover of The Number Of The Beast.

After some research into the band's albums and history, I figured I'd give their first nine albums a spin, and in the last two weeks, I've probably listened to most of them at least twice (mostly their 3rd through 7th albums). Over the last decade, I've really shied away from heavier music, and even drifted away from listening to Dream Theater as often as I used to, so I was never really interested in checking out any of the classic metal bands from the 70s and 80s (though I've always enjoyed what I heard from bands like Black Sabbath, Rainbow, and Deep Purple, who I own several albums of).

My first impressions are pretty positive. I've enjoyed what I've heard so far, and really enjoy the run of Beast-Seventh Son, which I assume is their godly/unequaled 5-album-run that a lot of classic bands seem to generate. They're a bit more proggy than I had thought, especially closing Powerslave with the near 14-minute epic "Rime Of The Ancient Mariner". In fact, I found it very intriguing that a fair number of their songs from this period were 6 minutes or longer!

I haven't heard any of their albums past 1992's Fear Of The Dark, though I did read that Bruce left for two albums, then came back with 2000's Brave New World. I think one part of the reason I enjoy their 80s albums is the production. There's a sound and feel to them that feels very much of the age but I like it that way, similar to a way that Rush sounded in the 80s. It's a bit dated, but very characteristic and adds to the charm of the music.

It's still way too early for me to pick out any favorite albums or song, but as a fledgling Iron Maiden fan, I'm quite enjoying the journey so far. As I began to listen to these albums, though, I recalled I a LONG time ago (at least 10-12 years back), I had bought a used CD copy of Live After Death from a pawn shop, thinking it would be a nice jumping off point to get into the Maiden (which never did happen for me at the time), so in addition to listening to their studio albums, I've also been listening to this live album as well. In fact, I was so invested in it that I took the time to integrate all of the bonus tracks from that album to create a 21-song "complete" version of the album, even re-ordering some of the songs to better reflect the setlists of the era. It's good live album, but the whole "SCREAM FOR ME LONG BEACH" from Bruce got a biiiiit annoying at first. I guess that's part of the charm, right?  :lol  Then I remembered the story of Steve Stone performing with Dream Theater live for his first and only performance and it got me laughing whenever I hear Bruce say it on the live album.  :rollin

Anyways, that's where I'm at with my maiden voyage into discovering this band, which I am sure has been a long favorite for many folks here. Like most of you, Dream Theater was a gateway into many other bands, but for me, they got me into the proggy side of music rather than the metal side, so this is the first time since discovering Dream Theater that I am now also diving into one of their major heavy metal influences (because before, it was always Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, etc., and not Maiden or Metallica). I guess 20 years into my journey with progressive music, it was never too late to get into Iron Maiden.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8624 on: June 02, 2022, 04:00:28 PM »
Welcome to the club, Marc! Good to have you.

Offline 425

« Reply #8625 on: June 02, 2022, 04:13:25 PM »
Really awesome to hear that you're getting into Maiden! :metal They were definitely proggier than they often get credit for, even in the 1980s. And great to hear that you got Live After Death, which is IMO one of the greatest live albums ever.

I agree that the production on their 80s albums feels dated, but also that it has its own charm. To me, it's far from sounding "generic 80s"—it fits with the character and identity of the band in a more timeless sense.

If you decide to keep going, their most recent six albums (Brave New World through Senjutsu) are the proggiest part of their discography. Put aside what you'd expect for the 12th-17th albums of a typical band: The material here is really good. I'm in a small minority that actually thinks this period is better than their classic period, but a lot of people on DTF (and elsewhere) who don't share my opinion on that nonetheless think that their post-1999 material is really, really strong. The best way to explore that is probably just to start with Brave New World and go forward, but En Vivo! is a really good live release that could give you a sense of their modern sound.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Online nick_z

« Reply #8626 on: June 02, 2022, 06:38:55 PM »
So about two weeks ago, on a whim, I decided to finally dive into some Iron Maiden.

Excellent! I'm always a bit jealous thinking about someone listening to these albums for the first time  ;D Amazing stuff!

I think one part of the reason I enjoy their 80s albums is the production. There's a sound and feel to them that feels very much of the age but I like it that way, similar to a way that Rush sounded in the 80s. It's a bit dated, but very characteristic and adds to the charm of the music.

-Marc.

Love the sound of 80s Maiden! Speaking of which - I'd be curious to hear from the fans here which of those albums is the favorite, sound-wise. I think I might go for Piece of Mind. Great sounding record, for me.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #8627 on: June 02, 2022, 07:07:50 PM »
So about two weeks ago, on a whim, I decided to finally dive into some Iron Maiden.

Excellent! I'm always a bit jealous thinking about someone listening to these albums for the first time  ;D Amazing stuff!

I think one part of the reason I enjoy their 80s albums is the production. There's a sound and feel to them that feels very much of the age but I like it that way, similar to a way that Rush sounded in the 80s. It's a bit dated, but very characteristic and adds to the charm of the music.

-Marc.

Love the sound of 80s Maiden! Speaking of which - I'd be curious to hear from the fans here which of those albums is the favorite, sound-wise. I think I might go for Piece of Mind. Great sounding record, for me.

Overall Piece Of Mind is perfect, to me. Great start!!!! TNOTB should be next imo.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #8628 on: June 03, 2022, 01:00:10 AM »
Welcome aboard, Marc! It's never too late to join the Maiden crew.  :tup

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8629 on: June 03, 2022, 01:03:52 AM »
Nice! I remember getting into the band around 1999-2000. I had their entire back catalogue to really sink my teeth into. I think Powerslave was my first purchase (I got all the 1998 CD reissues).
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #8630 on: June 03, 2022, 06:33:26 AM »
Marc, for a band as big as Maiden, and as diverse as Maiden, if you really dig in, they wear their influences on their sleeves.  It's the confluence of those influences that really make the Maiden magic.

Bruce is a Deep Purple, Jethro Tull guy at heart.  Harris is a UFO, Genesis, and Deep Purple guy, with some Yes and Thin Lizzy thrown in there.  Murray is a Free, Hendrix and Deep Purple guy.  Smith is a Deep Purple, Hendrix, Johnny Winter guy.  Nicko is a Keith Moon/The Who guy.

They are about as original as they come in that genre, but it's fascinating to me to have listened to this band for 40 years and see/hear the influences pop up here and there.  Being a big Deep Purple guy myself, it's really no surprise that Maiden is, for me, one of the very few bands that never had a "lull" and are still a top band (I think Senjutsu is one of their three best records, period, and they are, along with Neal Morse, the only band I go see every tour, just because). 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8631 on: June 03, 2022, 09:34:31 AM »

Yup, welcome! And maybe I am wrong, but from reading your posts here, you seem to be more of a prog guy so I think you may come to really enjoy the "re-union" era of Maiden, even more so than the classic era. 

Online The Letter M

« Reply #8632 on: June 03, 2022, 02:16:18 PM »

Thanks! It's interesting discovering a "new band" at my age and so long into my journey into music as an art rather than background noise, even if this new band has been around for over 40 years.

Really awesome to hear that you're getting into Maiden! :metal They were definitely proggier than they often get credit for, even in the 1980s. And great to hear that you got Live After Death, which is IMO one of the greatest live albums ever.

I agree that the production on their 80s albums feels dated, but also that it has its own charm. To me, it's far from sounding "generic 80s"—it fits with the character and identity of the band in a more timeless sense.

If you decide to keep going, their most recent six albums (Brave New World through Senjutsu) are the proggiest part of their discography. Put aside what you'd expect for the 12th-17th albums of a typical band: The material here is really good. I'm in a small minority that actually thinks this period is better than their classic period, but a lot of people on DTF (and elsewhere) who don't share my opinion on that nonetheless think that their post-1999 material is really, really strong. The best way to explore that is probably just to start with Brave New World and go forward, but En Vivo! is a really good live release that could give you a sense of their modern sound.

That's promising to hear, that their later work is just as progressive, if not more so than their classic era. I guess I have a lot to look forward to as I venture through their discography!

-Marc.

80s Maiden is very good, especially musically. Bruce is great, too, but his voice takes a bit of getting used to at times, but everyone else in the band is on fire on their classic albums. I'm sure they've only gotten better with age and experience!

Welcome aboard, Marc! It's never too late to join the Maiden crew.  :tup

Thanks, I appreciate that!

Nice! I remember getting into the band around 1999-2000. I had their entire back catalogue to really sink my teeth into. I think Powerslave was my first purchase (I got all the 1998 CD reissues).

Powerslave is one that I've been enjoying a lot so far. I think of their 80s albums, it might be my favorite at this point, but I'm still diving into them and haven't gotten more than a dozen spins into each of them, but as it stands, it's coming out ahead of the others, even TNOTB.

Marc, for a band as big as Maiden, and as diverse as Maiden, if you really dig in, they wear their influences on their sleeves.  It's the confluence of those influences that really make the Maiden magic.

Bruce is a Deep Purple, Jethro Tull guy at heart.  Harris is a UFO, Genesis, and Deep Purple guy, with some Yes and Thin Lizzy thrown in there.  Murray is a Free, Hendrix and Deep Purple guy.  Smith is a Deep Purple, Hendrix, Johnny Winter guy.  Nicko is a Keith Moon/The Who guy.

They are about as original as they come in that genre, but it's fascinating to me to have listened to this band for 40 years and see/hear the influences pop up here and there.  Being a big Deep Purple guy myself, it's really no surprise that Maiden is, for me, one of the very few bands that never had a "lull" and are still a top band (I think Senjutsu is one of their three best records, period, and they are, along with Neal Morse, the only band I go see every tour, just because). 

Yeah, I definitely hear some Deep Purple and a bit of Yes in their music, which is awesome. I honestly had no idea that their influences were as proggy as they are/were. It's cool to hear that their later works are just as good and well-reviewed by fans as their earlier work. It's great when a band can hold on to their talent and fans that long!

Yup, welcome! And maybe I am wrong, but from reading your posts here, you seem to be more of a prog guy so I think you may come to really enjoy the "re-union" era of Maiden, even more so than the classic era. 

Yep, I am definitely more of the "prog" in "prog metal" when it came to discovering Dream Theater nearly two decades ago. I never really got into the purely metal/heavy metal aspect of their music, despite Train Of Thought being their most recent studio album when I got into them, and subsequently loving it, but now that I am going back and listening to Iron Maiden, I hear a LOT of what DT was influenced by. As said above, I guess I've got more to look forward to in the back half of their career if they've gotten even proggier than their 80s material, so I can't wait to listen to those albums next!

Thanks, everyone, for all the replies and responses, and suggestions as well! I wasn't sure how I was going to receive listening to Iron Maiden, but all my expectations were blown away. I won't immediately say "where have they been all my life", but I do wonder what my music journey might have been like had I ventured into listening to Iron Maiden back in the early 2000s more so than the proggy influences of Dream Theater (Genesis, Yes, King Crimson, Pink Floyd). I guess better late than never, right?  :lol

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #8633 on: June 03, 2022, 03:03:10 PM »
Honestly I think The X Factor just might be my 5th favorite Maiden album. :o

Offline Glasser

« Reply #8634 on: June 03, 2022, 03:28:21 PM »
Honestly I think The X Factor just might be my 5th favorite Maiden album. :o

Love it! That's the beauty of Maiden!!!!  :metal

Offline jammindude

« Reply #8635 on: June 03, 2022, 06:55:10 PM »
Deeper into my reunion dive.

The Book of Souls was pretty much as I remembered…though the sag in the middle wasn’t as bad as I thought. It’s been like what’s been said here. Nothing is “bad”, but some stuff comes across as just typical and others are standouts. I do think that TBOS and DOD are probably the two weakest reunion albums.

Getting to The Final Frontier, I’m really having a difficult time figuring out why El Dorado is so controversial. I don’t quite think it’s the A-list song that Bosk thinks it is, but I do lean more in his direction than the host of people who have tried to say how terrible it is. As far as “track 2 from the reunion albums” go, I think Rainmaker is far more bland than El Dorado.

And I’ll even concede that the album does end a bit like Return of the King (“Wait…is it over? Oh good there’s more. Oh but now I’m sure it’s over…oh wait there’s still more. Ok but THAT was a great ending…oh wait there’s more??? etc etc) But I love Return of the King as well, so I think it works.

After 1 listen through them all, I definitely bump BNW up the list

AMOLAD
Senjutsu
TFF
BNW
TBOS
DOD

More adjustments may still come.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8636 on: June 03, 2022, 07:10:08 PM »

AMOLAD
Senjutsu
TFF
BNW
TBOS
DOD

What an absolutely epic run of albums.

I'm actually listening to TBOS right now.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #8637 on: June 03, 2022, 07:11:43 PM »
Deeper into my reunion dive.

The Book of Souls was pretty much as I remembered…though the sag in the middle wasn’t as bad as I thought. It’s been like what’s been said here. Nothing is “bad”, but some stuff comes across as just typical and others are standouts. I do think that TBOS and DOD are probably the two weakest reunion albums.

Getting to The Final Frontier, I’m really having a difficult time figuring out why El Dorado is so controversial. I don’t quite think it’s the A-list song that Bosk thinks it is, but I do lean more in his direction than the host of people who have tried to say how terrible it is. As far as “track 2 from the reunion albums” go, I think Rainmaker is far more bland than El Dorado.

And I’ll even concede that the album does end a bit like Return of the King (“Wait…is it over? Oh good there’s more. Oh but now I’m sure it’s over…oh wait there’s still more. Ok but THAT was a great ending…oh wait there’s more??? etc etc) But I love Return of the King as well, so I think it works.

After 1 listen through them all, I definitely bump BNW up the list

AMOLAD
Senjutsu
TFF
BNW
TBOS
DOD

More adjustments may still come.
Swap Senjutsu and Book of Souls and that would be my reunion ranking.
aka Puppies_On_Acid

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8638 on: June 03, 2022, 07:18:51 PM »
AMOLAD
Senjutsu
TFF
BNW
TBOS
DOD

Wow! Other than Empire, I find the second disc of TBOS kind of useless.

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #8639 on: June 03, 2022, 07:22:45 PM »
AMOLAD
Senjutsu
TFF
BNW
TBOS
DOD

Same.

Online nick_z

« Reply #8640 on: June 03, 2022, 07:23:28 PM »

:lol

Sorry, I had to quote this...it had me laugh pretty hard. That's SO true. You pretty much had people at the theater getting up once or twice thinking the end credits were about to roll  :rollin

(Love the movie too, btw)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8641 on: June 03, 2022, 07:29:42 PM »
The Book Of Souls is the only Reunion albums that wasn't at least equal to or greater than its predecessor.

Online nick_z

« Reply #8642 on: June 03, 2022, 07:31:13 PM »
AMOLAD
Senjutsu
TFF
BNW
TBOS
DOD

Same.

Yeah, BoS is my least favorite of the reunion albums. I do enjoy it, actually, but it could use some trimming, for sure. I actually don't mind Death or Glory and Shadows of the Valley (Wasted Years homage notwithstanding  ;)). But Tears of a Clown and The Man of Sorrows don't do a whole lot for me. Empire of the Clouds is very good and there are truly fantastic moments in it, although I feel there was excessive hype around it, due to "OMG, it's the longest Maiden song evah!"

On Disc 1, I'm not in love with When The River Runs Deep, and I like The Red and the Black mostly for the instrumental sections. On the other hand, If Eternity Should Fail is one of my favorite reunion songs - when the main riff kicks in...such an amazing Maiden moment...

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8643 on: June 03, 2022, 07:36:08 PM »
Empire of the Clouds Rime Of The Ancient Mariner is very good and there are truly fantastic moments in it, although I feel there was excessive hype around it, due to "OMG, it's the longest Maiden song evah!"

Online nick_z

« Reply #8644 on: June 03, 2022, 07:39:40 PM »
Empire of the Clouds Rime Of The Ancient Mariner is very good and there are truly fantastic moments in it, although I feel there was excessive hype around it, due to "OMG, it's the longest Maiden song evah!"

:lol

I was waiting for it  :rollin