Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 557725 times)

El Barto and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline 425

Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #7630 on: December 02, 2021, 04:15:21 PM »
I really hope 2MtM is one of the songs that's cut because they play it all the time, but that's not what I would expect to see.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Online Mladen

« Reply #7631 on: December 03, 2021, 02:05:04 AM »
in one of the videos Adrian did leading up to the release, he basically said that Senjutsu was going to be played live.
Did he specifically say it was going to be played on the Legacy of the beast tour, or once the Senjutsu tour starts?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7632 on: December 04, 2021, 09:23:24 AM »
in one of the videos Adrian did leading up to the release, he basically said that Senjutsu was going to be played live.
Did he specifically say it was going to be played on the Legacy of the beast tour, or once the Senjutsu tour starts?

He said something along the lines of it’ll be great when they play it live or I can’t wait to play it live. Something along those lines. I’m at work now but I’ll try and find the video later.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #7633 on: December 04, 2021, 09:50:02 AM »

He said something along the lines of it’ll be great when they play it live or I can’t wait to play it live. Something along those lines. I’m at work now but I’ll try and find the video later.

He said he can’t wait to do lines when they play it live.  :P

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7634 on: December 04, 2021, 11:48:44 AM »
He talks about the song here and says it'll be a good live track at the end.

https://youtu.be/embb72pZ-PQ?t=174
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #7635 on: December 07, 2021, 08:53:37 AM »
Got two tickets for the Toronto show in October. Now the debate begins...who should I bring, my wife or my daughter? I brought my wife in 2019, so I was thinking now it's time to bring Stella...she will be 8 next year, and I don't think there will be many chances of seeing Maiden in the years to come.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7636 on: December 07, 2021, 09:38:02 AM »
Got two GA tickets for the NJ show this morning  :metal :metal

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #7637 on: December 07, 2021, 06:13:43 PM »
How much were the GA seats?  I'm looking at getting tix tomorrow.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7638 on: December 08, 2021, 01:53:07 AM »

$125 each after taxes/fees

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #7639 on: December 08, 2021, 09:46:30 AM »
Bought a balcony ticket for $125 after taxes/fees.  I'm excited to be seeing them again - haven't seen Maiden since 2008.  I just wish it weren't a Wednesday night in the city, but I'll make it work.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7640 on: December 08, 2021, 12:25:24 PM »
I really can't commit to a Monday night in Worcester a year from now.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #7641 on: December 08, 2021, 03:21:44 PM »

Nice!  I bought 3 tix in the lower bowl, Section 21.  They were $150 each after fees/taxes.  What pissed me off is they didn't even offer an option for paper tickets.  I have paper tickets from all but maybe 4-5 of my 200+ concerts before 2020.  This year, no paper tickets for 3 shows and a $15 fee for them to print and mail 2 tickets for next year's Dirty Honey/ Mammoth WVH show I'm going to.  Even worse, my buddy is taking his 14-year old son for his first concert and he doesn't even have a paper ticket for a souvenir.  I hate how they're ramming this paperless bullshit down our throats!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7642 on: December 08, 2021, 05:51:54 PM »

This late in their career, I'd easily take that gamble.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7643 on: December 08, 2021, 06:41:59 PM »

I just can't commit to it NOW. My wife and I talked about it today. If it was a weekend, that would be different. It's too far to leave my oldest son home alone.

Plus, it's a fucking year away.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7644 on: December 09, 2021, 12:31:34 AM »

Nice!  I bought 3 tix in the lower bowl, Section 21.  They were $150 each after fees/taxes.  What pissed me off is they didn't even offer an option for paper tickets.  I have paper tickets from all but maybe 4-5 of my 200+ concerts before 2020.  This year, no paper tickets for 3 shows and a $15 fee for them to print and mail 2 tickets for next year's Dirty Honey/ Mammoth WVH show I'm going to.  Even worse, my buddy is taking his 14-year old son for his first concert and he doesn't even have a paper ticket for a souvenir.  I hate how they're ramming this paperless bullshit down our throats!

It basically seems the pandemic ended up being the end of physical tickets.  Livenation doens't even offer them and AXS costs a lot to print them now.  As someone who collects their ticket stubs, it sucks.  Going to the Starland show for Wolfie?  I got my tickets for that too.

I just can't commit to it NOW. My wife and I talked about it today. If it was a weekend, that would be different. It's too far to leave my oldest son home alone.

Yeah, it's so far out and the pandemic isn't over so that it's understandable for anyone to have some reservations IMO.  Not familiar with that venue, but hopefully it doesn't sell out and you have options when the date nears to score tickets for fair value.  Hopefully it works out because I agree with wolfking, at this point in the career you've got to start prioritizing these shows. Even with another Legacy tour coming through, I do not at all regret my decision to see that same show a 3rd time. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7645 on: December 09, 2021, 12:40:38 AM »
I didn't think about the pandemic shit, so yeah fair enough.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #7646 on: December 09, 2021, 01:17:34 PM »
Going to the Starland show for Wolfie?  I got my tickets for that too.
Yep.  Psyched to be seeing him AND Dirty Honey.  So glad Wolfie made his way back around here.  I went to the GnR show at MetLife where he opened.  But, the guys I went with didn't care about getting there in time and wanted to tailgate outside.  I got to hear his last 3 songs and that was it.  I saw DH open for the Black Crowes this summer at PNC and they were great.  Really came across well live.  Looking forward to seeing both bands in a small club.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7647 on: December 09, 2021, 01:38:08 PM »
Both those bands played a few months ago at a show I went to, really good rock n roll and I think that's a good touring pair.  I wouldn't be surprised if Starland is packed for that show.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7648 on: December 09, 2021, 02:23:30 PM »

Yeah, it's so far out and the pandemic isn't over so that it's understandable for anyone to have some reservations IMO.  Not familiar with that venue, but hopefully it doesn't sell out and you have options when the date nears to score tickets for fair value.  Hopefully it works out because I agree with wolfking, at this point in the career you've got to start prioritizing these shows. Even with another Legacy tour coming through, I do not at all regret my decision to see that same show a 3rd time.

It's not pandemic related. We're seeing Dream Theater in February. It has to do with leaving my son home alone, which my wife does not want to do. And Worcester is just far enough to take it off the table.

But like I said, we talked about and we'll see how things are in a year.

The Centrum isn't a huge arena. In fact, it's my favorite arena to see a show, and I'd love to see them there. Even if I'm way in the back, it's still a great view.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #7649 on: December 10, 2021, 11:08:20 AM »
Well, prices are too high for me to spend on nosebleeds for Iron Maiden in Anaheim.  It's going for $90.00 that's without the fees factored in for the worst seats, so I shudder to think on what it would be after fees.  I shall pass for now.

Online Grappler

« Reply #7650 on: December 10, 2021, 11:14:21 AM »
Well, prices are too high for me to spend on nosebleeds for Iron Maiden in Anaheim.  It's going for $90.00 that's without the fees factored in for the worst seats, so I shudder to think on what it would be after fees.  I shall pass for now.

It was about the same price for the Chicago show.  The total came out to about $125 after fees.  Expensive, but worth it for me.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7651 on: December 10, 2021, 11:26:39 AM »
That sucks the nosebleeds are the same price I paid for the floor, but if you haven't seen IM, it's probably worth it.  If it doesn't sell out, maybe you can get a cheap ticket day of.

Offline 425

« Reply #7652 on: December 10, 2021, 11:37:30 AM »
I feel kind of absurd buying tickets almost a year out in a place where I don't plan to live for at least six months, but I think it's ultimately worth it.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Online Grappler

« Reply #7653 on: December 10, 2021, 11:57:00 AM »
That sucks the nosebleeds are the same price I paid for the floor, but if you haven't seen IM, it's probably worth it.  If it doesn't sell out, maybe you can get a cheap ticket day of.

The club/suite level pricing was $140 to $300.  It took me a minute to figure out why that cost was so much higher.  I tried getting seats in the 100 level, but every time I clicked checkout, it told me that the seat was already snagged by someone else.  I gave up and went for the upper level. 

Being only 5'6, I do better in the seats than on the floor amongst a sea of people who are guaranteed to be taller than me.  I'll be way up high, but with a decent view of the whole stage. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #7654 on: December 10, 2021, 12:41:46 PM »

I've had good luck with game-day tickets for IM.   And I've also been third row on the floor, and nosebleeds, and as much as any band, there's value in all of them.  It's an amazing show.

Online pg1067

« Reply #7655 on: December 10, 2021, 01:00:04 PM »

Man...I looked at the verified fan presale and didn't like what was available.  Looking at it now and holy fuck!  $326 for GA on the floor (that's with fees)?  $515-567 for seats in the center ice section?  It's $118 for middle of the row in the 400 level or just shy of $150 for aisle seats.  All so they can hold my money for NINE months.  And I can only get the aisle seats in groups of 2+ and don't have anyone willing to commit to a show so far in advance.

One of these days, someone's got to explain a $30 per seat "service" fee and a $4 per seat "facility charge" and an $8.30 (per order) "processing fee."  What's the difference between "service" and "processing"?

Since the show is on a Wednesday and is spitting distance from my office, I think I'm just going to wait and see if I can find something good on the day of or day before the show.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline MrMike

« Reply #7656 on: December 10, 2021, 04:03:28 PM »
Picked up a ticket for Austin, but I had to settle for sitting further away because of TM's bullshit "Platinum" designation and $200+ upcharge on better seats.  Really wish artists could do something about that like sue TM for setting prices and then not sticking to them.  It's laughable that they offer a pre-sale for true fans to 'help keep the tickets out of brokers' hands' and then they turn around and charge just as much as brokers whenever they feel like it.  F-n crooked company.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #7657 on: December 11, 2021, 07:18:08 AM »
One of these days, someone's got to explain a $30 per seat "service" fee and a $4 per seat "facility charge" and an $8.30 (per order) "processing fee."  What's the difference between "service" and "processing"?
I've often wondered the same thing.  Truthfully, for a concert ticket, I'd rather pay $45 flat out than be paying $25 for a ticket, $10 for a convenience fee, $5 for a facility charge and another $5 for a processing fee.  They can charge whatever they want for whatever type of fee they're gonna call it.  Just build it into the price so I don't have to see it.  And, get pissed off by it.  I'm sure it's done this way for accounting purposes by all parties involved so nobody can try to screw the other parties out of money.

Don't even get me started about the fact that TM has become nothing more than a scalper itself.  $20 more for an aisle seat.  "Prices may fluctuate based upon demand."  Showing "verified resale" tickets on its own website.  Looking at the page for Maiden's NJ show, you have single seats left at the original cost of $124.50 three rows in back of "verified resale" tickets going for $306.  It's fucking bullshit!  I found the following explanations online.  They don't make me feel any better.  But, they explain what each of these dumb charges are...

Typical fees added to a ticket's face value include:
Service Charge This is Ticketmaster's charge for the general service they provide and maintain. The amount paid may depend upon the method of payment (by phone, online, or in person).
Building Facility Charge This is determined by the venue, and not Ticketmaster.
Processing Charge This is Ticketmaster's charge for processing your order and making the tickets available to you. This is usually not a per ticket charge, but rather a per order charge.
Shipping Charge, E-Ticket Convenience Charge, or Will Call Charge Ticketmaster charges a fee for ticket delivery, whether the tickets are mailed to the customer, printed out at home, or collected from the venue. The charge for printing out the ticket at home is often higher than the fee to have the ticket physically mailed to you.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7658 on: December 11, 2021, 07:27:39 AM »
Just to go all fogey here, but the price of this stuff is ridiculous. I don't have a concert buddy, and my days of going to shows alone is long gone, so if I go to a show, either my son or my wife is coming.
It'll be close to $300 to see this tour.

Just for my family of four to see the Bruins and sit in the upper level, it's $800. And that doesn't include parking and refreshments, likely another $100. WTF??

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7659 on: December 11, 2021, 08:56:05 AM »
Supply and demand.  It sucks to be priced out, but I'm not entirely sure what the solution would be.

Shipping Charge, E-Ticket Convenience Charge, or Will Call Charge Ticketmaster charges a fee for ticket delivery, whether the tickets are mailed to the customer, printed out at home, or collected from the venue. The charge for printing out the ticket at home is often higher than the fee to have the ticket physically mailed to you.

I'd love to see this explained especially since they don't even offer to mail tickets anymore.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7660 on: December 11, 2021, 04:21:27 PM »
Supply and demand.  It sucks to be priced out, but I'm not entirely sure what the solution would be.

Did I sound like a pussy? :lol

Online pg1067

« Reply #7661 on: December 11, 2021, 08:30:48 PM »
I see no perceptible difference between those explanations of "service charge" and "processing fee."

Truthfully, for a concert ticket, I'd rather pay $45 flat out than be paying $25 for a ticket, $10 for a convenience fee, $5 for a facility charge and another $5 for a processing fee.  They can charge whatever they want for whatever type of fee they're gonna call it.  Just build it into the price so I don't have to see it.  And, get pissed off by it.

YES!  About a month ago, I went to see a band called YYNOT at a small club.  The ticket price was $35, but the club's website used Ticketmaster for sales.  After all of the stupid charges, it was just a hair over $60.  I have ZERO problem paying $60 to see YYNOT, but I'd really rather most of the money go to the band (especially when it's a show at a club where the best seats are at tables where I'm required to buy a severely marked up, substandard dinner).

I don't have a concert buddy, and my days of going to shows alone is long gone, so if I go to a show, either my son or my wife is coming.
It'll be close to $300 to see this tour.

Fortunately, I'm happy to see a show alone.

We used to go see either the Dodgers or Angels every 4th of July.  I got tired of paying $75+ for a ticket for my daughter to sit in the stands reading a book.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #7662 on: December 12, 2021, 03:26:11 AM »
Seems like a good occasion as any to repost this I saw going around on Twitter:

Ticketmaster be like:

Concert ticket: $40
Venue fee: 21.32
Access fee $18.32
Paperless transmission fee: $12.03
Fee Fee: $8.84
Fi Fo Fum: $3.43
Cuz We Can Fee: $2.01
Might as well fee: $1.89
WTF you gonna do nigga, not go? fee: $1.38
Another dollar won’t hurt nobody fee: $1.00

:lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7663 on: December 12, 2021, 03:27:49 AM »

Did I sound like a pussy? :lol

I've never heard the sound of your voice, I assume boston accent so... maybe?  :biggrin:

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7664 on: December 12, 2021, 04:21:36 AM »
So it looks like the tour poster might be hinting at the songs for the setlist

There's references to Writing on the Wall, Stratego, and Senjutsu from the new album. 

Also, 2 Minutes to Midnight, Aces High, Flight of Icarus, The Trooper, Fear of the Dark, Where Eagles Dare and Revelations (maybe with the cathedral?)