Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 573019 times)

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #5740 on: July 20, 2021, 11:36:40 AM »
There's a limited edition, available for fan club members only, with a wooden, handcrafted box. AMAZING.

Oh that's cool, do you know the price and relevant info for that?  I let my membership slide.  Usually renew when they announce a US tour (which I plan on doing again) but if this is something really good, it could get me to renew now.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5741 on: July 20, 2021, 11:41:31 AM »
I remember looking at the Somewhere In Time cover, and trying to find all the nuggets. Good times.
Yea me too, I remember as a kid borrowing my older friends entire CD and Vinyl collection of Maiden albums and just spent hours trying to find all the little things and of course Riggs symbol, good times.

It kind of surprise me that Maiden didn't catch that over the years, seems like that was a popular thing among their albums compared to others.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #5742 on: July 20, 2021, 12:05:08 PM »
There's a limited edition, available for fan club members only, with a wooden, handcrafted box. AMAZING.

Oh that's cool, do you know the price and relevant info for that?  I let my membership slide.  Usually renew when they announce a US tour (which I plan on doing again) but if this is something really good, it could get me to renew now.

As per my friend who's a member of the fan club, it hasn't been announced yet. I am EAGERLY awaiting for the songs to be shared with us, so that I can give you guys my first impressions!

Offline Lupton

« Reply #5743 on: July 20, 2021, 12:28:50 PM »

As per my friend who's a member of the fan club, it hasn't been announced yet. I am EAGERLY awaiting for the songs to be shared with us, so that I can give you guys my first impressions!

Yeah I only really care about the music. And as a personal preference..more songs with all 3 guitarists taking solos please!  Doesn't happen as often as you'd expect from a 3 guitar band. Hopefully, lots of long tunes from Steve bodes well on this front.  Look forward to hearing your 1st impressions.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5744 on: July 20, 2021, 11:29:24 PM »
Preorders for the deluxe box over here coming in between $200-$210.  That's ridiculous!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline The Curious Orange

• Lord of the Night
« Reply #5745 on: July 21, 2021, 01:39:59 AM »
Urgh, it's in a digipack rather than a jewel case. Digipacks are nice, but they wear out and get tatty far too quickly. You can always replace a jewel case when it breaks.
"And if love remains, though everything is lost,
We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost..."

Offline Mladen

« Reply #5746 on: July 21, 2021, 02:59:06 AM »
I'm still waiting for it to come up on their website. I'll probably preorder the digipak, although I also wish it were the jewel case.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5747 on: July 21, 2021, 04:07:31 AM »
"Writing On The Wall" is the first Iron Maiden song I actually liked.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #5748 on: July 21, 2021, 05:06:15 AM »

Riiiiiiiiiiiight

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5749 on: July 21, 2021, 05:22:29 AM »

First Iron Maiden song you've heard then?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5750 on: July 21, 2021, 05:36:06 AM »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #5751 on: July 21, 2021, 06:00:44 AM »
It is THE most recent Iron Maiden song I liked.. 🤘 😁🤘
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #5752 on: July 21, 2021, 07:18:33 AM »
Pre-Orders now being taken at Amazon.com for the deluxe Media Book 2 CD set

Ordered mine  :hat

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5753 on: July 21, 2021, 07:20:04 AM »

I just stumbled upon some creative fan art  ;D
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5754 on: July 21, 2021, 07:26:08 AM »

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5755 on: July 21, 2021, 07:28:57 AM »
So, yeah, being the hard-core life-long Iron Maiden fan that I am, I bought the special edition from Amazon AND the Box Set from Iron Maiden  :hat

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #5756 on: July 21, 2021, 07:58:47 AM »

Here's an album for you then: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/coldplay-music-of-the-spheres-1199467/

Offline 425

« Reply #5757 on: July 21, 2021, 09:00:13 AM »
What, in your estimation, does it say about me that I'm excited for both new Iron Maiden and new Coldplay?
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #5758 on: July 21, 2021, 09:01:43 AM »
 VERY cool Bruce interview, with snippets of the lyrics of the new album: https://www.kerrang.com/features/uncover-the-secrets-of-iron-maiden-new-album-senjutsu-only-interview/

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5759 on: July 21, 2021, 09:04:36 AM »
Wow.  I sort of upped my Maiden game.  I only went with the 2CD Digipack (from Amazon), but from Ironmaiden.com, I joined the fan club and bought the album t-shirt.  Unusual for me.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #5760 on: July 21, 2021, 09:44:44 AM »

Here's an album for you then: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/coldplay-music-of-the-spheres-1199467/
What a surprising way to find out that Coldplay is releasing an album. Thanks, I'm actually looking forward to this one.  ;D

By the way, can the CD be purchased via band's website? All it says is "available everywhere", yet it doesn't look like it's available on their site:

https://www.ironmaiden.com/senjutsu

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5761 on: July 21, 2021, 09:55:00 AM »
VERY cool Bruce interview, with snippets of the lyrics of the new album: https://www.kerrang.com/features/uncover-the-secrets-of-iron-maiden-new-album-senjutsu-only-interview/

Love this paragraph:

“I’m not sure what war [though],” he continues. ​“I looked at the lyrics and I thought, ​‘This sounds like someone’s been binge-watching Game Of Thrones!’ There’s northern people coming down from the grasslands, there’s a wall, and they’ve got to protect the wall at all costs… I said, ​‘Are you talking about the Great Wall Of China here? In which case we’re mixing our metaphors a lot.’ And Steve went, ​‘No, not the Great Wall Of China. It’s just a wall.’
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #5762 on: July 21, 2021, 10:10:42 AM »
 :lol

Maiden could rock the shit out of a song about Game of Thrones!   That was a great interview.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #5763 on: July 21, 2021, 11:11:21 AM »
My midday 12km run was PERFECTLY timed to The Final Frontier.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5764 on: July 21, 2021, 11:17:17 AM »
My midday 12km run was PERFECTLY timed to The Final Frontier.

Yeah, but for me, it'd be the song.  :lol

I assume you meant the whole album.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #5765 on: July 21, 2021, 11:41:51 AM »

Wow, the first one is awesome!  :metal
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5766 on: July 21, 2021, 11:51:09 AM »
Things began appearing on the internet, like a Twitter account, @bels_feast, which only followed 16 accounts (the number of albums Maiden have done), all punning on titles. The Killers was an obvious nod to the band’s second album; We Rate Dogs for The Number Of The Beast was genius.

Can someone explain it to me? 'cause I don't get the connection, apparently I'm not a genius.

[Samurai Eddie] He ties in with its title-track, a Japanese word that roughly means ‘strategy and tactics’, or ‘the art of war’

I mean, I'm fine with Senjutsu, but if I wanted to think of the album in another way, I'd rather think of it as "The Art of War" rather than "Strategy and Tactics".

It’s a really amazing record. It probably wants to be played in its entirety live.

Do they really want a rerun of the "Play classics" thing?  :D I mean, if the album is good, ok, but it's 80 minutes and counting, already playing Matter left only two songs - the usual ones, Fear of the Dark and Iron Maiden - before the encores, this one is even longer....?

I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5767 on: July 21, 2021, 11:51:36 AM »

That should be the cover for the single along with "Listen with Nicko part 2"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5768 on: July 21, 2021, 11:56:41 AM »
I went to the Legacy tour, and got all the classics.  Obviously, it will depend if I like it or not, but based on recent high level of output by the band, if they wanted to play this one in it's entirely, I'd go.

Offline 425

« Reply #5769 on: July 21, 2021, 12:03:30 PM »
I really think they just will not in the United States, unfortunately. They had such problems with the reception here on the AMOLAD tour that I really doubt they'll try that again.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5770 on: July 21, 2021, 12:04:19 PM »
Still pissed I missed that show.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #5771 on: July 21, 2021, 12:25:06 PM »
I really think they just will not in the United States, unfortunately. They had such problems with the reception here on the AMOLAD tour that I really doubt they'll try that again.

Well, I was one of those. Best seats I ever had for a Maiden show and they do that. I'm not against the playing of a full album, just not that one. Had it been BNW or Dance of Death even, I would not have thrown a fit like I did.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 12:30:51 PM by ProfessorPeart »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5772 on: July 21, 2021, 12:28:01 PM »
I'd totally go to a show of playing the full new album live, but I've got to hear it before I say if I would really want them to do that or not.  AMOLAD is my favorite IM album so I'm really happy I got to see it live, but yeah.... the crowd reaction overall was not nearly as happy as I was.  I don't really see them doing this album in full regardless.  It's just too long and they already did a full album tour before so I'm not sure they would feel compelled to do so again (unless this truly is a masterpiece album).

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #5773 on: July 21, 2021, 12:28:35 PM »

Remember Bruce tearing up that poster that said "play the classics"?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5774 on: July 21, 2021, 12:31:40 PM »
I've got to imagine they will play at least 1 song if not a few during the rescheduled Legacy of the Beast tour though.  Similar to how they played El Durado in the US on the TFF first leg of the tour in the US, but nothing else from TFF.