Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 573113 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #5355 on: June 29, 2021, 01:27:59 PM »
I can't open that Marc, but I saw this last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL7sgn9mqYE

Something is coming..

Also..

https://ironmaidenbr.com/

It's too much effort to copy and paste the text and all the pictures, but it relates to what you shared.  Basically, they may have been dropping clues to the new album including the shirt Bruce is wearing.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #5356 on: June 29, 2021, 05:06:38 PM »
The Daily Doug did a reaction to live Rio version of Sign of the Cross, and I forgot how long the instrumental break is, possibly their longest song with the least amount of vocals. Kind of odd that that was the first track on the first album with a new singer at the time.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #5357 on: June 29, 2021, 05:49:19 PM »
The Daily Doug did a reaction to live Rio version of Sign of the Cross, and I forgot how long the instrumental break is, possibly their longest song with the least amount of vocals. Kind of odd that that was the first track on the first album with a new singer at the time.

Yeah, that was almost a PERFECT "last song on a Maiden album" example, but they placed it right at the beginning, even though it has a lot more impact that The Unbeliever...go figure!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5358 on: June 29, 2021, 05:55:20 PM »

Yeah, that was almost a PERFECT "last song on a Maiden album" example, but they placed it right at the beginning, even though it has a lot more impact that The Unbeliever...go figure!

Probably because they knew if it was at the end of the album, it wouldn't get as many listens as it deserved.  It's a top Blaze song and while I agree it's placement normally should be at the end, or at least closer to the end than the first song, I do wonder if the band felt it needed to be up front just because of how good it is and how questionable the rest of the blaze songs are.  (I do really enjoy the X factor personally, but I know many don't)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5359 on: June 29, 2021, 06:09:47 PM »
I actually think SOTC and The Unbeliever are perfectly placed on TXF. The Unbeliever is a great album closer.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline 425

« Reply #5360 on: June 29, 2021, 07:45:29 PM »
It's a top Blaze song and while I agree it's placement normally should be at the end, or at least closer to the end than the first song

It's a top Iron Maiden song, period.

And I agree with Tim, actually. I love The Unbeliever as a closer. Really brings the whole experience that is The X Factor to a cathartic end.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5361 on: June 29, 2021, 11:05:35 PM »
Both amazing songs, from an amazing album.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5362 on: June 29, 2021, 11:06:17 PM »
I can't open that Marc, but I saw this last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL7sgn9mqYE

Something is coming..

Also..

https://ironmaidenbr.com/

It's too much effort to copy and paste the text and all the pictures, but it relates to what you shared.  Basically, they may have been dropping clues to the new album including the shirt Bruce is wearing.

Oohhh, good shit all round with these hints.  New album let's go!!

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #5363 on: June 30, 2021, 12:13:52 AM »
Wow. Yes, that's looking well exciting!

(If it's another leg of tour dates or a live album I'm gonna be like  :( )
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5364 on: June 30, 2021, 12:57:28 AM »
I found the way Frank Turner unzips his hoodie while being asked about Maiden to be rather funny.

Writing on the Wall?
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5365 on: June 30, 2021, 04:39:58 AM »
Wow. Yes, that's looking well exciting!

(If it's another leg of tour dates or a live album I'm gonna be like  :( )

No way it's a live album.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5366 on: June 30, 2021, 05:15:58 AM »
Writing on the Wall?

I remember someone noticing on a poster "WOTW" with the letters being interpeted at being an acronym for the new album title, with Writing on the Wall being one of the possible and reasonable explanations for WOTW, along with War of the Worlds, Whispers of the Wind, When Owls Try Waffles.....
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #5367 on: June 30, 2021, 05:35:03 AM »
Why Other Tour, Why????

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5368 on: June 30, 2021, 05:47:03 AM »
Why Other Tour, Why????

Why separate knob, why?

Online Dream Team

« Reply #5369 on: June 30, 2021, 06:03:09 AM »

Offline Mladen

« Reply #5370 on: June 30, 2021, 09:31:34 AM »
I'd like to ask Rodrigo if there is truth in any of this, given that he already had an album-related interview scheduled.  ;)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5371 on: June 30, 2021, 09:45:11 AM »
If the new album is named Writing on the Wall, I think that suggests a far more important point, doesn't it?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #5372 on: June 30, 2021, 09:57:12 AM »
If the new album is named Writing on the Wall, I think that suggests a far more important point, doesn't it?

Just like "The Final Frontier" suggested, uh?  :D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5373 on: June 30, 2021, 10:01:29 AM »

Fair enough.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5374 on: June 30, 2021, 11:23:50 AM »

Fair enough.  :lol

True, but even so, there's no doubt the writing is on the wall that the end is near. I hope it's not the last, but would not be surprised if it turns out so. 

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5375 on: June 30, 2021, 11:44:29 AM »
Nicko is what, 69?  He'll be 70+ by the time of the next main album tour.  He can't propel a metal band like Maiden forever. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5376 on: June 30, 2021, 11:53:17 AM »
Yeah he just turned 69. His performance on the Legacy tour was incredible.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5377 on: June 30, 2021, 11:55:38 AM »
Nicko is what, 69?  He'll be 70+ by the time of the next main album tour.  He can't propel a metal band like Maiden forever.
If anybody can my money's on Nicko.

My hunch is that they want to go out on their own terms, and that'll include a proper farewell tour. They need to plan ahead for that. It's not the sort of thing you can just "get to some day" because you risk running out of time. And Covid likely hammered that point home. I'd actually be kind of surprised if this didn't turn out to be the end of the road. They're all filthy stinking rich, and healthy to boot. This isn't UFO we're talking about. They can spend the rest of their days doing anything they want. 
E.F. Benson

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #5378 on: June 30, 2021, 12:05:36 PM »
If they tour again, this will be my 13th time seeing them live with the first one in 1981 when I was 17.  Imagine my first time seeing them and my last time seeing them being 40 years apart?  :eek

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5379 on: June 30, 2021, 12:09:55 PM »
It will be my 16th time. The first was 1983 when I was 14.

Offline 425

« Reply #5380 on: June 30, 2021, 12:10:50 PM »
I mean, given their current pace of completing studio albums, I've kind of been assuming there's a high chance of this being the last one. The ~5 years that we could expect it to take them to come up with another is a long time at their ages.

But 17 albums in 41 years, most of them excellent, would be a truly great run. About as much as anyone could ask for.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5381 on: June 30, 2021, 12:27:15 PM »
If anybody can my money's on Nicko.

My hunch is that they want to go out on their own terms, and that'll include a proper farewell tour. They need to plan ahead for that. It's not the sort of thing you can just "get to some day" because you risk running out of time. And Covid likely hammered that point home. I'd actually be kind of surprised if this didn't turn out to be the end of the road. They're all filthy stinking rich, and healthy to boot. This isn't UFO we're talking about. They can spend the rest of their days doing anything they want.

But they, mostly Steve and Bruce, do have egos.  However, both have other interests as well so I basically agree with you other than the idea that they have everything they need being a reason to stop.  If that were the case, they could have all checked out a long time ago.  I do think they enjoy doing this and maybe even still have a chip on their shoulder (HOF snub might be motivation to keep proving the doubters wrong).

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5382 on: June 30, 2021, 12:32:52 PM »
I do think they enjoy doing this and maybe even still have a chip on their shoulder (HOF snub might be motivation to keep proving the doubters wrong).

The Tom Bradys of metal!! :metal :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5383 on: June 30, 2021, 01:08:30 PM »
More hints from Nicko's Rock N Roll Ribs social media:

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5384 on: June 30, 2021, 01:28:47 PM »
If they tour again, this will be my 13th time seeing them live with the first one in 1981 when I was 17.  Imagine my first time seeing them and my last time seeing them being 40 years apart?  :eek

I'm with you on that.   1982, and I'll absolutely be there.  Maiden is the one band I go see just because at this point.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #5385 on: June 30, 2021, 01:31:18 PM »
I'd like to ask Rodrigo if there is truth in any of this, given that he already had an album-related interview scheduled.  ;)

It was nothing absolutely set in stone, but we got a verbal agreement that when the new album came out, we would have a chance to interview Steve. This is the worst kept secret in the business, it's already recorded, and the original plan was to release it in Feb 2021, but for obvious reasons they postponed it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5386 on: June 30, 2021, 02:50:03 PM »
This is getting very exciting.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #5387 on: June 30, 2021, 03:01:32 PM »
More hints from Nicko's Rock N Roll Ribs social media:

Sorry, my eyesight is not the same anymore...what do the hints allude to?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5388 on: June 30, 2021, 03:04:56 PM »
Sorry, my eyesight is not the same anymore...what do the hints allude to?

It's the same hints from this reddit post I shared yesterday so more evidence to support the theory of the new album announcement coming July 15th:

Just stumbled upon this on reddit and this is very interesting regarding the new album...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ironmaiden/comments/oa9g0m/iron_maiden_album_17_viral_marketing_belshazzars/

If this is legit, there may be an announcement on July 15th

Basically the Belshazzar's Feast tshirt and Writing On The Wall

Offline Mladen

« Reply #5389 on: July 01, 2021, 01:23:27 AM »

It was nothing absolutely set in stone, but we got a verbal agreement that when the new album came out, we would have a chance to interview Steve. This is the worst kept secret in the business, it's already recorded, and the original plan was to release it in Feb 2021, but for obvious reasons they postponed it.
Thanks for the confirmation. Yeah, we kind of knew it, but it's still good to remind ourselves that this is really happening now.  :tup

This.  ;D