Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 564820 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #3570 on: November 13, 2018, 08:16:22 AM »
Does anybody know if the FC pre-sale codes are unique? In the past I've just guessed them (eddie, trooper, they're not hugely creative). From what I'm seeing it's starting to look like they're specific to members, which would suggest a fg7s5df8g7sd5f85 kind of thing.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3571 on: November 13, 2018, 09:12:21 AM »
Got 4th row seats to the St. Paul but holy shit were they expensive. How in the blue hell is ticket master still getting away with $30 in service fees! That's more than I spent on my Myles Kennedy ticket.  >:(

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #3572 on: November 13, 2018, 09:28:53 AM »
Mine looks like a completely random thing, so I think they are specific to each FC member.

kaos -- I am scared to see how much they cost. I buy mine in about 90 minutes (and I need three), and I'm wondering if I'll be able to afford CHristmas after this.  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3573 on: November 13, 2018, 09:30:33 AM »
Does anybody know if the FC pre-sale codes are unique? In the past I've just guessed them (eddie, trooper, they're not hugely creative). From what I'm seeing it's starting to look like they're specific to members, which would suggest a fg7s5df8g7sd5f85 kind of thing.

Yes, it's a random bunch of letters.

I got into work super late because of some insane traffic and missed the on sale time.... but there's still floor seats available for Barclays which is odd... but then I realize why.  $150 before fees for the floor and $176 total.  That's the most I've seen for face value for Iron Maiden floor before.  I got my tickets regardless.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3574 on: November 13, 2018, 09:35:02 AM »
I am going for seats, instead of the floor, so hopefully mine will be slightly cheaper. My Lord, if that's what they are going to be moving forward, this is my last time seeing Maiden. I honestly just don't want to spend that much money.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3575 on: November 13, 2018, 09:36:24 AM »
Pit tickets are actually cheaper than decent floors down here (99 vs 125). They cost the same as 200 level seats. On the bright side the peso is closing in on a five year low, so that's kind of making my decision easier. Mexicans make Maiden fun.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3576 on: November 13, 2018, 09:37:42 AM »
My buddy has the fan club pass so we'll see where he gets the tickets.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #3577 on: November 13, 2018, 10:19:19 AM »
I am going for seats, instead of the floor, so hopefully mine will be slightly cheaper. My Lord, if that's what they are going to be moving forward, this is my last time seeing Maiden. I honestly just don't want to spend that much money.

It's probably the cost for traveling with the large-scale production plus an increase in price due to the high demand for the Legacy tour. 

I haven't seen them since 2008, and I think I paid $60 per seat for the Somewhere Back in Time tour.  This time, they have to carry around all of those giant stage props.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3578 on: November 13, 2018, 10:24:46 AM »

It's probably the cost for traveling with the large-scale production plus an increase in price due to the high demand for the Legacy tour. 

I haven't seen them since 2008, and I think I paid $60 per seat for the Somewhere Back in Time tour.  This time, they have to carry around all of those giant stage props.
Nah, costs have nothing to do with it. They're charging what the market will support. We all bitch about it but we all buy our tickets anyway.
E.F. Benson

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #3579 on: November 13, 2018, 10:26:53 AM »

It's probably the cost for traveling with the large-scale production plus an increase in price due to the high demand for the Legacy tour

Nah, costs have nothing to do with it. They're charging what the market will support. We all bitch about it but we all buy our tickets anyway.

:)   Previously agreed.  The Book of Souls tour did so well that they can bump up ticket prices and still sell out shows.

If I weren't on such a tight budget, I'd be going to see this tour.  But with that cost, and what I'd guess to be about $100 for seats, it would be my last Maiden show. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3580 on: November 13, 2018, 10:30:24 AM »

Yup, and seeing how the Brooklyn show seems to be the msot expensive, it makes sense.  Last tour they played there twice and once in NJ (less then 20 miles away) so a one time show there and they are raising the prices because there is demand. 

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3581 on: November 13, 2018, 11:07:10 AM »

I get that but what I noticed this time was that they didn't show how much the tickets are ahead of time. Honestly if I would have know how much they were I probably wouldn't have splurged. I think my total came out to around $153 which is should be worth it for Maiden but when the list price was $122 that chaps me.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3582 on: November 13, 2018, 11:09:01 AM »
Just got screwed by TM. GOt in, got seats, then made me accept a cookie agreement, and popped me back out. Damn it.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #3583 on: November 13, 2018, 11:33:51 AM »
I'll be in the pit in Philly, woot!
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3584 on: November 13, 2018, 11:36:16 AM »
Patience, Daniel-san...waited a few more minutes...

GUESS WHO GOT FRONT ROW SEATS FOR IRON FUCKING MAIDEN?!

This guy.

:metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #3585 on: November 13, 2018, 11:37:48 AM »
Anyone checked to see what the price is for the LA show?  I'll cave if it is under $100 for a seat ticket (I don't want to be standing in GA all night in an outdoor venue, and there are more deserving fans that wants that spot more than me).

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3586 on: November 13, 2018, 11:38:57 AM »

This guy.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3587 on: November 13, 2018, 11:40:56 AM »

This guy.

Seats?  Cool, I'm clearing my calendar!  ;)
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3588 on: November 13, 2018, 11:58:47 AM »
bosk, check your email

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3589 on: November 13, 2018, 12:02:21 PM »
???  The last music-related email I have in my inbox isn't from you.  ...unless you changed your last name to Petrucci and didn't tell me.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3590 on: November 13, 2018, 12:02:57 PM »
???  The last music-related email I have in my inbox isn't from you.  ...unless you changed your last name to Petrucci and didn't tell me.

That must be a spam. We all know Petrucci's email comes in as "Guitar God."

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3591 on: November 13, 2018, 12:03:39 PM »
I really just hated the experience. I guess I was in some sort of a line and then had to "pick a seat". I would much rather just prefer they show me best available based on my criteria. Oh well.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3592 on: November 13, 2018, 12:04:11 PM »

This guy.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3593 on: November 14, 2018, 06:50:35 AM »
Are some shows pit, and some shows seats for the very front?  It looked like in Hartford there was a pit, so "front row" really means "behind the GA".   Not that that's bad, but just wondering.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3594 on: November 14, 2018, 08:07:21 AM »
Are some shows pit, and some shows seats for the very front?  It looked like in Hartford there was a pit, so "front row" really means "behind the GA".   Not that that's bad, but just wondering.
The shows I've looked at (save Mexico) were a pit in front of reserved seating. In Dallas the proper seats started with row J (and there's typically AA and BB up there). So we're looking at 12 rows worth of GA. I'll throw out that I've had front row in front of a GA pit before (Priest) and it's actually the best of both worlds. There winds up being a fair amount of space between you and the crowd, so you can join them or hang in your seat as you desire.
E.F. Benson

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3595 on: November 14, 2018, 08:14:50 AM »

I didn't explain enough. I was excited. I am on the side, two or three sections back (say mid-floor), but first row of the lower bowl. Clear, close view of the entire stage. That's what I meant. It is a perfect vantage point. We're taking my daughter, so I was ecstatic she wouldn't have an issue seeing, and there was no way I'd take her on the floor.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3596 on: November 14, 2018, 08:21:29 AM »
I want to see videos of your daughter wearing elbow pads and turning around to the people in the row behind you just before the show starts, and saying, "y'all need to understand something right now.  This is a metal show, and I'm standin' the hell up.  See these elbow pads?  First sucka' that gives me any static best not be too attached to their front teeth.  Any questions?"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3597 on: November 14, 2018, 08:47:27 AM »
First row in the lower bowl would be fantastic seats IMO.  I'd personally would love to have such seats, my friend really wanted to be on the floor again so I wasn't going to ruin his party for seats.  But either way, when I got to ticketmaster the best seats were already sold.

So The Raven Age is Steve's son's band?  I think I knew that (they opened before I think?) and I find it so lame personally.  They had done so well with Dream Theater, Alice Cooper, and Ghost as recent openers... now back to Steve's family.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #3598 on: November 14, 2018, 08:48:36 AM »
They're not just openers, they're "special guests".
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3599 on: November 14, 2018, 08:50:32 AM »
 :lol special indeed

Honestly, seeing that LA gets Fozzy, I would have loved for Fozzy to be the opener for the full tour.  Would be great exposure for Fozzy and better for the fans. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3600 on: November 14, 2018, 09:54:09 AM »
I never saw Raven Age, despite numerous opportunities, but they have to be better than his daughter. The cheesy music was partially offset by the fact that she was remarkably well built, but at the same time she looked enough like Steve Harris for even that to be somewhat off-putting.

Personally, I'm hoping they add somebody else for support when they head down South. Last time they kept TRA and added Anthrax.
E.F. Benson

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3601 on: November 14, 2018, 09:55:13 AM »
I want to see videos of your daughter wearing elbow pads and turning around to the people in the row behind you just before the show starts, and saying, "y'all need to understand something right now.  This is a metal show, and I'm standin' the hell up.  See these elbow pads?  First sucka' that gives me any static best not be too attached to their front teeth.  Any questions?"

You know she puts people in her place. Better give her elbow room, bosk1, or you might get gut punched.  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3602 on: November 14, 2018, 10:04:48 AM »
I never saw Raven Age, despite numerous opportunities, but they have to be better than his daughter. The cheesy music was partially offset by the fact that she was remarkably well built, but at the same time she looked enough like Steve Harris for even that to be somewhat off-putting.

Personally, I'm hoping they add somebody else for support when they head down South. Last time they kept TRA and added Anthrax.

Would they have announced that already like they did for the LA show?  That would certainly be desireable to get a similar act on the level of Anthrax.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3603 on: November 14, 2018, 01:16:51 PM »

Would they have announced that already like they did for the LA show?  That would certainly be desireable to get a similar act on the level of Anthrax.
Beats me. Most likely wishful thinking on my part, but there is precedent.
E.F. Benson

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #3604 on: November 14, 2018, 02:29:13 PM »
 Got two tickets for the Saturday show in Toronto. YESSSSSS!!!!! :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal