Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 557433 times)

Offline 425

Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #3535 on: November 09, 2018, 08:13:30 AM »
Awesome, looks like I'll probably be able to make it!

Also, from the website:

Steve Harris adds,

“We gave a lot of thought to the set list for this Tour as the songs needed to follow the narrative of the changing worlds of the stage show. We feel we ended up with a very strong and well balanced set mixing songs we haven’t played in many years like Flight Of Icarus, Sign Of The Cross and The Clansman with songs we know the fans want to hear like The Trooper, 2 Minutes To Midnight, The Number Of The Beast, Fear Of The Dark, Run To The Hills, Hallowed Be Thy Name and others, reflecting the journey through the different themes of the show. The whole band is really enjoying this tour and we are really looking forward to seeing everybody again!”

I hope this means that they are going to keep a lot of the deep cuts they played on the European tour. I know that they've sometimes watered down setlists for U.S. audiences that apparently get mad at anything that's not The Trooper played 15 times. A LOT of my favorites are on that European setlist.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #3536 on: November 09, 2018, 08:59:41 AM »
Wow.  The Los Angeles show is in a venue that I have never heard of.  Looks like it is in an outdoor soccer (football) stadium.  It just opened this year and it is on the grounds of the old Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena.  With Chris Jericho's Fozzy opening???  I feel like I have to get a ticket now.  I was on the bubble based on venue location, but now I feel I have to get a ticket to see this show.  Probably would have to fight and claw my way to get access to buy tickets.  How much does Maiden typically go for in ticket prices?  Like around $60-70 for non-GA and $100+ for GA?

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3537 on: November 09, 2018, 09:07:45 AM »
The spoiled brat in me hoped for a short second Europe run, which was totally doable btw in June given the schedule.

Anyway, people over the pond, now it's your turn to see one of their best shows ever!!!  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #3538 on: November 09, 2018, 09:22:01 AM »
Got my FC membership renewed. Can't wait. Time to up the irons!!!   :metal
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3539 on: November 09, 2018, 09:36:55 AM »
Ugh, the IL date is in Tinley Park. The worst venue around. Probably don't have the cash anyway, but that venue is pretty much an automatic no for me.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3540 on: November 09, 2018, 09:38:48 AM »
Got my FC membership renewed. Can't wait. Time to up the irons!!!   :metal

I'll be renewing mine as well

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #3541 on: November 09, 2018, 09:40:05 AM »
Ugh, the IL date is in Tinley Park. The worst venue around. Probably don't have the cash anyway, but that venue is pretty much an automatic no for me.

Yeah, that's my answer too, especially since the show is on a Thursday night.  I'd love to go, but I live 75 miles north of Tinley Park and it's just a pain in the ass to get to, let alone on a weekday. 

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3542 on: November 09, 2018, 09:45:37 AM »

Yeah, that's my answer too, especially since the show is on a Thursday night.  I'd love to go, but I live 75 miles north of Tinley Park and it's just a pain in the ass to get to, let alone on a weekday.

Yep. I'm 70 miles NW from there. I wish they would tear that place down and rebuild it identically to the Marcus Amphitheater in Milwaukee. Saw Rush there a few times and it is the model outdoor venue for me.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3543 on: November 09, 2018, 09:52:59 AM »
Fuck yes, in for the Brooklyn show.

Cram/Samsara, what's the deal with FC? How much does it cost and what are the perks as far as concerts go?
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3544 on: November 09, 2018, 09:55:06 AM »
Yay...They didn't skip us for this tour. Definately going to hear my favorite maiden song, Flight of Icarus.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3545 on: November 09, 2018, 10:01:58 AM »
Hmmm I was not sure I'd make the effort to see IM again but I am going to seriously consider this.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3546 on: November 09, 2018, 10:07:52 AM »
Along with Axeman's question, do we know what the ticket costs are? 

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3547 on: November 09, 2018, 10:55:11 AM »
I might be able to make the St. Paul show. Too bad there is no KC or Denver dates.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3548 on: November 09, 2018, 10:57:56 AM »
Wow.  The Los Angeles show is in a venue that I have never heard of.  Looks like it is in an outdoor soccer (football) stadium.  It just opened this year and it is on the grounds of the old Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena.  With Chris Jericho's Fozzy opening???  I feel like I have to get a ticket now.  I was on the bubble based on venue location, but now I feel I have to get a ticket to see this show.  Probably would have to fight and claw my way to get access to buy tickets.  How much does Maiden typically go for in ticket prices?  Like around $60-70 for non-GA and $100+ for GA?

Seriously...I'd never heard of it.  I sure as heck hope USC isn't playing on the same day.

Also, who the heck is Chris Jericho, and what the heck is a "Fozzy"?
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #3549 on: November 09, 2018, 10:58:07 AM »
Philly for me for sure. I'm also sad there is no Denver date, been looking for a reason to get out there and this would have been perfect.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3550 on: November 09, 2018, 11:04:56 AM »
Fuck yes, in for the Brooklyn show.

Cram/Samsara, what's the deal with FC? How much does it cost and what are the perks as far as concerts go?

Cost is $47

Fan Club Membership [ROW]
12 months subscription

Includes:

Ticket pre-sales in as many countries as possible
Entry to the 'First To The Barrier' draws we hold for many shows
Discounted prices on products in the Official Iron Maiden Shop
The chance to buy special Fanclub-only products from the Official Iron Maiden Shop
You'll be automatically entered into our monthly prize draw, for a chance to win signed Maiden goodies
Membership of our Fanclub community forum where you can chat with fans all over the world
3 colour magazines a year

Fan Club Welcome Pack
Includes:

A glossy photo of the band
Exclusive fanclub sticker
Membership card
Enamel club badge (replica of Steve Harris' bass)
Voucher for discount on first order

So I've been getting my fan club subscription before every tour for awhile now.  I've had a lot of success with it.  I won the Heaven Can Wait contest and got on stage with them back in 2008, and last year in 2017 I won first to the barrier.  There was however one time where the fan club presale did not get me floor tickets, I still missed out.  However, I've otherwise been able to get floor tickets every other time.  It is still possible to get floor tickets the day of general admission sales, but the chances are a bit lower I'd say. 

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3551 on: November 09, 2018, 11:11:18 AM »

https://666.ironmaiden.com/products/fan-club-membership-3

$46.80 seems pretty steep given that the only benefit that really interests me is the ticket pre-sale.  I'll be interested to see what Cram and Samsara say about this.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3552 on: November 09, 2018, 11:24:03 AM »
 :lol my thoughts are above, but you also get the fan club magazines and a nice photo and pin.  It's high quality and nice, but for me at least, it's all about the pre-sale and chance to be as close as possible.  Honestly.  I've seen IM up close a lot that I don't feel I need it anymore, but my friend kind of refuses to get a seat for them so I won't hold him back. He actually agreed to split the fan club cost with him this time.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #3553 on: November 09, 2018, 11:56:43 AM »
Also, who the heck is Chris Jericho, and what the heck is a "Fozzy"?

All right, if you do not know.  Chris Jericho is a well-known professional wrestler that has and currently is wrestling in just about every major wrestling promotion (especially WWE, WCW, and New Japan Pro Wrestling) in the world since the 90s.  Fozzy is the band that he is the lead singer in when he is not wrestling.  Their songs ranged from either being too cheesy or is actually good/great that can stack up well to other respectable acts.  You can be the judge of that part.  Here are some of their songs in the link below. 

Judas (which really blew up nicely on Active Rock radio landing themselves as a top 5 single and the video having 20 million views on Youtube).

Grail, one of their more better songs I feel

They also did two 10 minute+ epics in their careers.

Wormwood

Again, you can be the judge of whether they are good or not.  I find them tolerable enough which is great that they are opening for Maiden for only this show so I can see two bands I like enough with one stone. 

I was planning on going to any Maiden SoCal show anyway in 2019 unless it was in the amphitheater in San Bernardino, but this announcement pleases me enough where I must get a ticket to see this show.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3554 on: November 09, 2018, 12:05:02 PM »

https://666.ironmaiden.com/products/fan-club-membership-3

$46.80 seems pretty steep given that the only benefit that really interests me is the ticket pre-sale.  I'll be interested to see what Cram and Samsara say about this.

Worth every penny...and not for what is listed. Last Christmas (it may have been the CHristmas before), I got a hand-signed, personalized Christmas card from the entire band. I mean, they made it out to me. I just saw it the other day when re-arranging my music stuff in the den. I'll pull it out this weekend and take a picture of it. Anyway, it totally made my day when that came in the mail.

For me, the small price of the FC was worth it. I paid 50 bucks before the Book of Souls tour as well. My ticket wasn't what I had hoped for, but then again, same set up -- you get your own tickets, it is just a pass code they give you). But the magazines were professionally done, the swag I got, and the Christmas card, and because of the code, I wasn't locked out of tickets (they were protected or something, I forget what they did). Bottom line, for $48.60, I found it worth it. I didn't re-up when it expired. I just do it before every tour that comes my way.

Again, totally up to the individual whether they think it was worth it or not. But when I got that Christmas card, which was totally unexpected (it may be that they did it for everyone, I have no idea, I never really asked any fan club member), it just made me feel really good about the whole thing, and that's why I re-upped for this tour.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3555 on: November 09, 2018, 12:06:29 PM »
I haven't listened to Fozzy in years, but they are actually how I discovered IM beyond the hit songs.

When he was wrestling consistently and started Fozzy awhile ago, he did a lot of cover songs.  Including Where Eagles Dare and The Prisoner.  I was blown away by those two songs that I had to check out Iron Maiden further which is when my fandom began. 

I love Jericho's voice and he comes off as a really awesome dude.  I also loved him as a wrestler when I followed back at the end of the 90s early 00s.  Y2J

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3556 on: November 09, 2018, 12:08:27 PM »
I got a christmas card, I didn't believe those were hand signed though.  I hung mine on my fridge with the rest of my christmas cards, but I have no idea what happened to it.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3557 on: November 09, 2018, 12:09:55 PM »
I got a christmas card, I didn't believe those were hand signed though.  I hung mine on my fridge with the rest of my christmas cards, but I have no idea what happened to it.

You sure? Maybe I got lucky and they hand-signed some? Mine appeared to totally be, with Sharpie.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #3558 on: November 09, 2018, 12:10:31 PM »
Oh yeah, Fozzy did a cover of The Prisoner.  It was pretty solid.  I did find the intro funny where they did the evil laugh and had to cough at the end of it before going to the song.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3559 on: November 09, 2018, 12:16:14 PM »

You sure? Maybe I got lucky and they hand-signed some? Mine appeared to totally be, with Sharpie.

I'm definitely not sure and now I'm starting to wonder if I severly overlooked that  :lol  I might have just assumed there's no way IM signed these.  And I really hope I didn't throw mine out (although I know it was cool enough even if not signed that I wouldn't of thrown it out, but I'm not home to start searching for it).

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3560 on: November 09, 2018, 12:21:39 PM »

I'm definitely not sure and now I'm starting to wonder if I severly overlooked that  :lol  I might have just assumed there's no way IM signed these.  And I really hope I didn't throw mine out (although I know it was cool enough even if not signed that I wouldn't of thrown it out, but I'm not home to start searching for it).

Now you have me doubting myself.  :lol But I swear my wife looked at it and said it was hand-signed too. I will find it this weekend and solve the mystery.

Anyway, regardless, I didn't find 48.60 to be that much in order to get what I received. I want to make sure I am at the show, and I like the fluff they send in the mail. It makes it worth it to me. Other peoples' mileage is gonna vary.

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3561 on: November 09, 2018, 12:29:43 PM »
I haven't listened to Fozzy in years, but they are actually how I discovered IM beyond the hit songs.

When he was wrestling consistently and started Fozzy awhile ago, he did a lot of cover songs.  Including Where Eagles Dare and The Prisoner.  I was blown away by those two songs that I had to check out Iron Maiden further which is when my fandom began. 

I love Jericho's voice and he comes off as a really awesome dude.  I also loved him as a wrestler when I followed back at the end of the 90s early 00s.  Y2J

I haven't really checked out Fozzy (which is somewhat surprising because I'm still a pro wrestling nerd), but he did a few songs with Metal Allegiance (including some Maiden) at the release party for their first album and killed it.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3562 on: November 09, 2018, 12:46:05 PM »
Maybe I'm imagining it, but isn't there a scene in Flight 666 where Steve (I think) is signing a bunch of shit?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3563 on: November 09, 2018, 12:51:20 PM »
Maybe I'm imagining it, but isn't there a scene in Flight 666 where Steve (I think) is signing a bunch of shit?

Yea and Bruce frantically throwing the pictures to the side as he signs them  :lol  Those were not the Christmas cards.  I did a quick google and the results are inconclusive, but it does appear they have at least signed them in the past.  So I'm starting to think maybe I'm a real big idiot

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3564 on: November 09, 2018, 12:52:46 PM »

Yea and Bruce frantically throwing the pictures to the side as he signs them  :lol  Those were not the Christmas cards.  I did a quick google and the results are inconclusive, but it does appear they have at least signed them in the past.  So I'm starting to think maybe I'm a real big idiot

You're not big. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3565 on: November 09, 2018, 12:54:56 PM »

You're not big. ;D

Have you seen my belly?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3566 on: November 09, 2018, 12:55:46 PM »
Yeah you're right. It took TWO flower girls to edit it out of a picture! :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3567 on: November 09, 2018, 12:57:09 PM »
 :rollin

Actually was wondering how many pictures they had to cut because you actually could see me before they found the one I was blocked

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3568 on: November 09, 2018, 12:58:05 PM »
 :lol :lol

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline pg1067

« Reply #3569 on: November 09, 2018, 04:11:36 PM »
Never been a fan of "professional wrestling," so....

I'll give some thought to the fan club over the weekend.