Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 573476 times)

Online kaos2900

Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #2695 on: June 07, 2017, 06:57:25 AM »
I think we'll get one more album and one more massive tour. Sad to think that in another 5 years Maiden could be done. :'(

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2696 on: June 07, 2017, 07:02:29 AM »
Yea, maybe two tours though, an album support tour and a farewell greatest hits tour.

There's been little chatter about a new live album.  Kind of upsetting that we didn't get one for the Maiden England tour.  It would really suck if we didn't get one for The Book of Souls tour too.  Hoping they've just been hush hush about it.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2697 on: June 07, 2017, 07:25:37 AM »
They should do official bootleg DVDs for each tour.

Nothing extremely fancy, just an honest and professional filming of a concert that you can relive at home, no need for expensive packaging, 1 hour of interview as bonus material etc... "you missed the tour or you've seen it and want to relive it again? here, watch this concert", and nothing more.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2698 on: June 07, 2017, 07:28:16 AM »

Nothing extremely fancy, just an honest and professional filming of a concert that you can relive at home, no need for expensive packaging, 1 hour of interview as bonus material etc... "you missed the tour or you've seen it and want to relive it again? here, watch this concert", and nothing more.

Well, isn't that what youtube has sort of become for live music now a days?  Between televised shows where you effectively get well produced live content (thinking Wacken) and then add in fan footage, you practically get the entire tour on video.  I'd rather a well done video like En Vivo, that's a fantastic live video.  Amazing quality that you aren't going to find on youtube.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2699 on: June 07, 2017, 07:30:09 AM »
Alright, axeman and I are in for tonight.  Cramx, we'll wave to you since we're back in section 6  :lol
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2700 on: June 07, 2017, 07:30:58 AM »

Well, isn't that what youtube has sort of become for live music now a days?  Between televised shows where you effectively get well produced live content (thinking Wacken) and then add in fan footage, you practically get the entire tour on video.  I'd rather a well done video like En Vivo, that's a fantastic live video.  Amazing quality that you aren't going to find on youtube.

Well, now that you made me think about it, actually the Wacken show is still on YouTube (I've watched the streaming in real time last August) and I'm pretty sure there's a full high quality show of the Maiden England tour in Germany as well.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2701 on: June 07, 2017, 09:39:44 AM »
I've seen some so-so fan films of the AMOLAD tour....but if we could get a professional looking complete show from that tour, I'd be all over it.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2702 on: June 07, 2017, 10:01:26 AM »
If and when Nicko bows out, they should just move Jannick to drums.  :)
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2703 on: June 07, 2017, 10:13:04 AM »
I'm pretty sure that when Nicko decides to leave it's the end for Maiden, what I mean is that they probably already decided that they all end it together.

I'd like to see it go down that way. But I'm not so sure if the "cynical" side of them would prevail in a scenario where Nicko, freely and of his own will, says "guys, I can't do it anymore, I'm out, you do what you feel is right to do" and they continue, with the other 5 guys and someone you can't see anyway behind the kit.
I just have a hard time seeing them continue without Nicko. The thought of seeing another drumkit on a Maiden stage or even seeing the drummer at all haunts me.  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2704 on: June 07, 2017, 11:01:35 AM »
Alright, axeman and I are in for tonight.  Cramx, we'll wave to you since we're back in section 6  :lol

:metal :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #2705 on: June 07, 2017, 11:48:15 AM »
I'm seeing the band in two days' time here in North Carolina. It'll be the second Maiden concert I've been to. :metal
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2706 on: June 07, 2017, 02:25:24 PM »

:metal :metal
:metal just made it to Newark!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2707 on: June 07, 2017, 02:26:09 PM »
I expect to fire up that Cram youtube page in the morning!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2708 on: June 07, 2017, 02:30:25 PM »
I expect to fire up that Cram youtube page in the morning!

Lol I hope to get some good video

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2709 on: June 08, 2017, 02:03:26 PM »
What a concert!  Drank some Trooper beer before getting on the first to the barrier line.  Met a nice couple while waiting and chatting.  Ghost was very solid, Iron Maiden rocked.  I had two issues though, one my phone died and the other I had to pee sooooo bad, I eventually broke and left my spot up close.  :lol

Iron Maiden & Ghost Live Prudential Center

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2710 on: June 08, 2017, 02:19:29 PM »
According to his Facebook page, Matt Barlow (ex Iced Earth) was standing not too far from where you were at.   :metal

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2711 on: June 08, 2017, 02:21:58 PM »
Is there any other front man in metal that could rock the monkey hat without losing credibility?  Bruce is the man.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #2712 on: June 08, 2017, 02:57:22 PM »
Less than a month til I see this in person. Get a ticket, bosk1. It's time to UP THE IRONS!
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2713 on: June 08, 2017, 03:00:19 PM »
Is there any other front man in metal that could rock the monkey hat without losing credibility?  Bruce is the man.

So true! he took a random lyric from the song, the weirdest one probably (which is still historically correct, 'cause the Red Baron described to feel like a monkey the way he had to reach the cockpit), and made it into the catch-line of the song, getting everyone to act silly. There are many bands who couldn't even afford to try something like this, 'cause they're super serious all the time and wouldn't mix well with some fun, but Maiden can do it.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2714 on: June 08, 2017, 03:04:49 PM »
What a concert!  Drank some Trooper beer before getting on the first to the barrier line.  Met a nice couple while waiting and chatting.  Ghost was very solid, Iron Maiden rocked.  I had two issues though, one my phone died and the other I had to pee sooooo bad, I eventually broke and left my spot up close.  :lol

Iron Maiden & Ghost Live Prudential Center

I appreciate that, after throwing the banana into the crowd, he reminded the recipient to eat it   :rollin
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2715 on: June 08, 2017, 07:10:15 PM »
Some great footage from Newark!
Children Of The Damned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqXPVkmF0S0

I love seeing Adrian and Janick on the same riser.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #2716 on: June 08, 2017, 10:40:47 PM »
I've always felt that Bruce Dickenson was the best frontman in all of metal, but seeing them Wednesday night in Newark confirmed it. I was up in the higher seats but I still felt like I was part of the show because of how engaging and entertaining he was.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #2717 on: June 09, 2017, 12:48:43 AM »
I haven't followed Maiden all that closely during the last few years, but i was under the impression that Bruce was not doing so well with live performances. With the cancer ordeal and everything, i wondered how long could he perform with the band.

Watched those Newark live clips out of curiosity, and it seems to me that he is improving! He hasn't sounded that good in years.

He is consistently hitting the studio notes, even in the classic era songs. That is impressive!

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #2718 on: June 09, 2017, 12:59:24 AM »
Bruce really has never been anything then stellar, even after the cancer treatment.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #2719 on: June 09, 2017, 03:03:03 AM »
Bruce has changed his technique through the years and now is more capable of hitting the high notes than he was from 86 to 94. And the only time when his performance was not 100% was during the last tour before he left Maiden - he seemed to not care too much anymore. Watch the Raising Hell video and see what I mean.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2720 on: June 09, 2017, 03:10:39 AM »
I noticed a slight slump in the quality of his performance from 2010 up to 2014, where it was becoming more and more difficult for him to hit the high notes. In the last two years, however, he's improved significantly. The fact that he defeated cancer probably gave him a boost and made him appreciate the opportunity to still be able to do his job.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2721 on: June 09, 2017, 07:52:48 AM »
Yea Bruce was fantastic the other night.  You'd never know he had throat cancer or was getting up there in age.  He's simply amazing.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2722 on: June 09, 2017, 08:00:34 AM »
When you sit at home and just watch a YouTube video, you notice the occasional strain here and there. When you're there, at the concert, living the experience, his tremendous charisma and stage presence make up for any slightly and tiny mistake he may make.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2723 on: June 09, 2017, 09:31:39 AM »
Said to milllahhh after the show that I don't think Bruce is human. Sounded better Wednesday night than he did on the live stuff from the 80s/early 90s I was listening to ahead of the concert. And it's not like he's just standing at the mic stand either, dude's all over the place. Whatever Charlie Sheen meant when he said he had tiger blood, I'm pretty sure Bruce actually has it :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #2724 on: June 09, 2017, 09:43:41 AM »
Said to milllahhh after the show that I don't think Bruce is human. Sounded better Wednesday night than he did on the live stuff from the 80s/early 90s I was listening to ahead of the concert. And it's not like he's just standing at the mic stand either, dude's all over the place. Whatever Charlie Sheen meant when he said he had tiger blood, I'm pretty sure Bruce actually has it :lol

If you listen carefully to Live After Death and Maiden England, Bruce was struggling then to hit those high notes. But he´s been singing differently for the last 15-20 years, and learned to use his vocal abilities more properly since leaving Maiden in 1994.

Offline Art

« Reply #2725 on: June 09, 2017, 09:45:30 AM »
Bruce is by far the best frontman that i have ever seen. The best concert i've been in my life was the Sao Paulo show on the Chemical Wedding tour. What a performance!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2726 on: June 09, 2017, 11:04:52 AM »
Was that the show from Scream for me Brazil?
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2727 on: June 09, 2017, 11:14:50 AM »

If you listen carefully to Live After Death and Maiden England, Bruce was struggling then to hit those high notes. But he´s been singing differently for the last 15-20 years, and learned to use his vocal abilities more properly since leaving Maiden in 1994.
I agree but it's worth pointing out as someone mentioned here earlier, the tour schedule back then was insane so his voice was strained during LAD atleast. Eitherway I still think he sounds better nowdays which is amazing considering his age.

Offline Art

« Reply #2728 on: June 09, 2017, 11:32:22 AM »

Yes.  :tup

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2729 on: June 09, 2017, 11:41:06 AM »

Yes.  :tup
Awesome, one of my favourite live vocal perfomances by Bruce.  :tup