Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 573519 times)

Offline Mladen

Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #2205 on: January 27, 2017, 11:20:26 AM »

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2206 on: January 27, 2017, 11:45:56 AM »
So much about Bruce's life is such an amazing story, really.
True that. It's hard to find a better rolemodel in metal for kids and even adults.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2207 on: January 27, 2017, 11:48:59 AM »
He should write a book.

About himself.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2208 on: January 27, 2017, 11:50:21 AM »
True that. It's hard to find a better rolemodel in metal for kids and even adults.

:tup :tup

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2209 on: January 27, 2017, 11:54:14 AM »

+ 1, the size of the Chinese Wall.

Bruce is my hero. With many singers or musicians, I "just" like or love their music... for Bruce I have actual admiration and respect. Nay, call that worship and veneration  ;D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2210 on: January 27, 2017, 11:56:44 AM »
He should write a book.

About himself.
I've read the unofficial biography which I can't remember the name of. Pretty good but a bit messy especially the early years.
Since you mentioned it I had a google and found that he's actually working on it which I had no idea about.

https://loudwire.com/iron-maiden-bruce-dickinson-write-official-autobiography/
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2211 on: January 27, 2017, 12:00:31 PM »
Awesome!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2212 on: January 27, 2017, 05:21:09 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpxWoikZZww

...that was so beautiful.

Still the best fucking band in the world!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2213 on: January 27, 2017, 05:58:35 PM »

Still the best fucking band in the world!

Yup  :metal :metal

So I had a nice treat when I got home, my Iron Maiden fan club package, which included my 1 of 200 model Ed Force One planes (sold seperately of course, but worth it for me).  It will go well on my desk:

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 07:01:24 PM by cramx3 »

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2214 on: January 27, 2017, 06:43:30 PM »
That's pretty sweet.

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #2215 on: January 27, 2017, 06:51:14 PM »

Really lovely!  :heart(as a Maiden clip can be) :metal And the audio is from Rio de Janeiro  :hat

For those who missed (like me until today), Death or Glory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b708rEG7spI&list=RDb708rEG7spI
Both videos with really excellent audios! By the way, GREAT solo by Adrian on Death or Glory ... (Well, I really need to comment on Wasted Years? :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy)
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2216 on: January 28, 2017, 07:13:11 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2217 on: January 28, 2017, 07:39:46 PM »
Someone posted this pic over at MaidenFans. Pretty cool. Never saw it before:

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2218 on: January 28, 2017, 10:03:19 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smCu6Wmvhh8
WOW!
 :metal
Eh.  I remember seeing an older version a few years ago.  Cool, I guess. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2219 on: January 29, 2017, 03:48:03 AM »
Someone posted this pic over at MaidenFans. Pretty cool. Never saw it before:

That's an awesome pic, great to see.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2220 on: January 29, 2017, 04:25:45 AM »
Very cool picture. I wonder if Paul and Bruce ever had their picture taken together as well

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2221 on: January 29, 2017, 06:18:30 AM »
I believe that photo dates back to those times Bruce interviewed Blaze on his radio show. One of those interviews has been up on youtube for years, the other one never showed up anywhere but I caught it years ago.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2222 on: January 29, 2017, 06:37:14 AM »
Indeed, Blaze is basically bald today and Bruce's hair is also much shorter, the pic is not recent but still a very good one to see!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2223 on: January 29, 2017, 07:13:22 AM »
I believe that photo dates back to those times Bruce interviewed Blaze on his radio show. One of those interviews has been up on youtube for years, the other one never showed up anywhere but I caught it years ago.

I wasn't aware of that. Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AssksLOzDTg

Offline Mladen

« Reply #2224 on: January 29, 2017, 12:56:26 PM »
It's a very good interview, by the way.  :tup

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2225 on: January 29, 2017, 01:16:58 PM »
Yeah, thanks for mentioning it, M.  Both guys were totally cool.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2226 on: January 29, 2017, 06:34:27 PM »
Just had an awesome listen to Brave New World. This album is a fucking masterpiece!

Really. For me, first impressions are hard to get over. I always liked it, but I guess I was so against falling in love with it, only to have Bruce leave after a lucrative Reunion album and tour. I really held back.

I also want to say that The Mercenary has really aged well.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2227 on: January 29, 2017, 06:59:10 PM »
I listened to BNW today as well.

Excellent album from beginning to end

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2228 on: January 29, 2017, 07:35:38 PM »
I'll have to go back and listen to it again.    I didn't revisit it very often because I couldn't wash the bad taste of Blood Brothers out of my mouth.    What a bloody TERRIBLE song.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler. It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.   It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.  It repeats all the sins of Angel and the Gambler.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #2229 on: January 29, 2017, 07:37:22 PM »
Blood Brothers is easily the best song on the album.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2230 on: January 29, 2017, 07:44:13 PM »

I think it is excellent as well. A great track that truly legitimizes the quality of Maiden's discography.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2231 on: January 29, 2017, 08:01:18 PM »
Blood Brothers was one of the best songs on this tour when I saw them last year, it was incredible.

BNW is probably still top 3 Maiden for me.  I got into Maiden around 1999, so it was the first album that I was able to pick up from its release.  That makes it pretty special for me.  It was released on my birthday and I went out and picked it up that same day, good times.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #2232 on: January 29, 2017, 08:05:12 PM »
I just watched/heard the video for Angel and the gambler. Good god  :lol

But anyway, I love all the albums of the re-union era, with the exception of Dance of Death which I just like

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #2233 on: January 29, 2017, 09:41:08 PM »

+ 1, the size of the Chinese Wall.

Bruce is my hero. With many singers or musicians, I "just" like or love their music... for Bruce I have actual admiration and respect. Nay, call that worship and veneration  ;D

Same. Been a fanboy of Bruce ever since I got into Iron Maiden as a teenager. The man is a huge inspiration to me. :tup
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #2234 on: January 29, 2017, 09:48:36 PM »
I don't think Angel and the Gambler is the worst Maiden song. It has problems for sure, but there's a good song in there somewhere. Lots of stuff on FOTD though that is irredeemable.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2235 on: January 30, 2017, 01:11:14 AM »
I don't think Angel and the Gambler is the worst Maiden song. It has problems for sure, but there's a good song in there somewhere.

Indeed. As a 5 minute straightforward rocker, it would have been way better. And damn, those retro keyboard hits at the beginning are so catchy!

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2236 on: January 30, 2017, 01:23:49 AM »

Probably my favourite song from the reunion albums.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2237 on: January 30, 2017, 04:18:42 AM »
Besides obviously the length, there is really nothing wrong with TAATG.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2238 on: January 30, 2017, 04:47:43 AM »
Besides obviously the length, there is really nothing wrong with TAATG.

I agree

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2239 on: January 30, 2017, 07:23:54 AM »
There's plenty wrong with TAATG, probably one of my least liked songs from any band ever.  The keyboards are TERRIBLE.  The chorus is just bad.  I don't mind the repeating if it was good and catchy, it's neither and just annoying.  Blaze sounds horrible, although I am a Blaze fan, the music video is atrocious.  The song ruins the album for me.  Take it out and that's a solid album besides the production specifically of Blaze's voice.