Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 572440 times)

Online MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #1960 on: June 08, 2016, 03:21:35 AM »
That's amazing!  :lol  :metal
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1961 on: June 09, 2016, 08:15:43 AM »
Random opinion: the tour poster (the green background with Eddie holding the heart) should have been the album cover. It's a lot more memorable than just Eddie with a black background.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Online MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1962 on: June 09, 2016, 09:47:16 AM »
I think the tour posters are usually more interesting than the album covers, atleast in recent years.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #1963 on: June 09, 2016, 10:36:21 AM »
Random opinion: the tour poster (the green background with Eddie holding the heart) should have been the album cover. It's a lot more memorable than just Eddie with a black background.

I don't think there's a single person that disagrees with this.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #1964 on: June 09, 2016, 11:00:18 AM »
Yeah, not a fan of the blank cover either. This is what I've been using:

scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1965 on: June 09, 2016, 02:43:31 PM »
Didn't see this here and only just noticed myself so sharing:

Death or Glory Live Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b708rEG7spI

It seems to actually be a live recording as well, really cool!  Makes me wonder if this will make a DVD of this tour since the clips from this song includes shots of them playing other songs (making me think they may have recorded the entire show).

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1966 on: June 09, 2016, 05:33:22 PM »
I'm sure there will be a DVD.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1967 on: June 09, 2016, 05:49:54 PM »
I'm sure there will be a DVD.

I would definitely expect one.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1968 on: June 09, 2016, 06:34:32 PM »
I would be very surprised if there wasn't a live cd/dvd upcoming very soon.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1969 on: June 10, 2016, 12:22:57 AM »
Yup, another tour another live video.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1970 on: June 10, 2016, 01:43:35 AM »
Went to see them at the Gelredome in Arnhem. Other then the fact that the place was so packed (this was a giant stadium) you could barely move around and the poor logistics of the place (only ONE toilet facility being clearly marked with a narrow passageway for hundreds of people to pass throug, really?). People were going off at the stewards for being lead a certain way around, with the only explenation being: 'yeah, it's busy, sorry'. How female attendees had to do their business in this place, I cannot imagine, because I didn't see any portocabins.  It was a great concert, although I didn't get to see very much, off course, being wayy at the back. But yeah, I'll go see them again next time, but not at this venue, I'm sure.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1971 on: June 10, 2016, 07:00:17 AM »
Yup, another tour another live video.

We didn't get one from the previous tour (which really sucks even if it was another repeat tour, Maiden England).  But yea, I can't see how they don't release a DVD from this tour, especially considering how awesome it was and how I feel it may have been their best overall stage show.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #1972 on: June 10, 2016, 07:57:44 AM »
At least we got some pretty high quality live streams from that tour,
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1973 on: June 10, 2016, 08:27:26 AM »

That's actually what I use (with the logo/title placed atop). The bland-ish cover is my only single point of criticism for the entire record.

With that said – the non-busy cover is actually pretty unique for the catalog. Maybe that's why they used it.

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #1974 on: June 10, 2016, 11:10:34 AM »
I saw Maiden wednesday, that was just amazing   :hefdaddy It's really incredible how much energy those old fuckers still have! The sound was a little bit echoing in Gelredome but that did not take away from the experience, what a great evening that was. Loved the setlist too, Blood Brothers was especially amazing, the chorus normally bores me a little but it works fantastically live  :metal
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1975 on: June 11, 2016, 01:30:44 AM »
So after hearing Trivium do an acoustic cover of For the Greater Good of God, decided to hear the original version.  Holy cow, it's a good song.  I wish I could hear more from A Matter of Life and Death album, but for some reason, Spotify does not have it, so I don't listen to those songs frequently.  When I did hear it on youtube, I know I liked it well enough, but just not enough to recall all of the songs like I would with The Final Frontier or The Book of Souls.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #1976 on: June 11, 2016, 02:13:46 AM »
So after hearing Trivium do an acoustic cover of For the Greater Good of God, decided to hear the original version.  Holy cow, it's a good song.  I wish I could hear more from A Matter of Life and Death album, but for some reason, Spotify does not have it, so I don't listen to those songs frequently.  When I did hear it on youtube, I know I liked it well enough, but just not enough to recall all of the songs like I would with The Final Frontier or The Book of Souls.

There are many (myself included) that consider that album to easily be one of their finest works. It took me several years, but when it finally clicked home for me, I was hooked.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #1977 on: June 11, 2016, 02:25:10 AM »
A Matter of Life and Death is probably my second favorite after Powerslave (just before Seventh Son at third). Really good album. The Legacy is one of their best songs IMO.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1978 on: June 11, 2016, 06:15:23 AM »
That's my favorite Maiden album of the reunion era. Not to mention it was the album that officially made me a fan and made me realize I've found my favorite band. It's that good.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1979 on: June 11, 2016, 10:58:24 AM »
Even though I probably enjoy TFF, AMOLAD is the standout album of the Reunion Era.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #1980 on: June 11, 2016, 12:13:15 PM »
It's my #2, behind Piece of Mind.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline 425

« Reply #1981 on: June 11, 2016, 03:53:45 PM »
It's my #2 behind The Final Frontier.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1982 on: June 11, 2016, 04:58:22 PM »
My favorite by them, seeing it all live was amazing too!

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #1983 on: June 11, 2016, 07:00:17 PM »
AMOLAD is up in my top 3 for Maiden. Not a skippable track on there.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1984 on: June 11, 2016, 07:27:17 PM »
AMOLAD is a masterpiece!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1985 on: June 11, 2016, 07:32:04 PM »
AMOLAD is a masterpiece!

It really is!

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #1986 on: June 11, 2016, 08:09:21 PM »

You know, they make these things called CDs now. They're still in their infancy, but go ahead and give em a try.

Offline Architeuthis

« Reply #1987 on: June 12, 2016, 04:15:11 AM »

You know, they make these things called CDs now. They're still in their infancy, but go ahead and give em a try.
:lol.
You can do a lot in a lifetime if you don't burn out too fast, you can make the most of the distance, first you need endurance first you've got to last....... NP

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1988 on: June 12, 2016, 05:01:30 AM »
So after hearing Trivium do an acoustic cover of For the Greater Good of God

Hmmm...sounds interesting.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline NotePad

« Reply #1989 on: June 13, 2016, 11:02:07 AM »
Does anyone else feel that Book of Souls isn't THAT great? It's good, but not even close to the last few. I believe AMoLAD is Maiden's crowning achievement. BNW is right next to it. But BoS, to me, is just lacking something.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1990 on: June 13, 2016, 11:38:25 AM »
Does anyone else feel that Book of Souls isn't THAT great? It's good, but not even close to the last few. I believe AMoLAD is Maiden's crowning achievement. BNW is right next to it. But BoS, to me, is just lacking something.

I agree with your sentiment on TBOS.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #1991 on: June 13, 2016, 11:39:01 AM »
Same here.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1992 on: June 13, 2016, 01:11:35 PM »
Where's Dance of Death in all this?    I'd have to listen again, but the top three are DoD, TFF, and TBOS, with AMOLOD and BNW trailing.  Having said that, I love all five of the post reunion albums, so "Number Five" is really not a problem.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1993 on: June 13, 2016, 01:14:02 PM »
Where's Dance of Death in all this?    I'd have to listen again, but the top three are DoD, TFF, and TBOS, with AMOLOD and BNW trailing.  Having said that, I love all five of the post reunion albums, so "Number Five" is really not a problem.

I actually equate TBOS with DoD. Some great top end tracks and the rest. I've liked each successive Reunion album more than the previous one, and the release of TBOS was the first time in the Reunion Era that that didn't happen.

Offline 425

« Reply #1994 on: June 13, 2016, 01:45:38 PM »
It's too early for me to really say where TBOS will settle into my rankings, but I'm inclined to agree that it has some great stuff and some stuff that is good but not as great. It almost certainly does not beat the two before it, for me.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time