Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 572483 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #1855 on: March 14, 2016, 12:48:20 PM »
Nice pictures, SP.

Sucks for the people who are injured, wouldn't want to get hurt by that thing.

Does the perspective of those photos seem odd to anyone else? The 1st picture makes the engine look about 20 metres high while the other makes it look about 2.
There are two engines on each wing of the 747. Both engines were damaged. The first picture shows the outside engine which is up higher, the second photo shows the inside engine closer to the fuselage which hangs lower to the ground.
This is part of what puzzles me about what happened. A rough estimate is that you've got eighty feet between the outboard engine and the nose gear on a 747. A ground collision that takes damages that much of an aircraft is fairly significant, and I'm not sure how a tug does it.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1856 on: March 14, 2016, 01:13:40 PM »
That is some nasty damage to the plane.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1857 on: March 15, 2016, 03:36:40 AM »
Exactly what I was thinking. Wtf causes that amount of damage? Did someone run into that engine with a tankerwagon? Did it hit something while taxiing? I mean that looks like some serious human error/fuckup.  ???
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #1858 on: March 15, 2016, 10:39:27 AM »
I came across two interesting clips of Sunday's show in Córdoba:

1. https://twitter.com/Vorterix/status/709774440796725248. Posted today by Vorterix (the famous radio I mentioned before).
During "The Book Of Souls", Eddie falls onstage, and the roadies help him stand up! I guess his age is really starting to show :P
(you can even see Steve noticing it, and constantly checking out if Eddie is OK.)

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7kdNY6C2qw. This is a short clip by InYourFace TV (a website from Córdoba).
They interviewed some fans right before the concert. The video also features some (raw) footage of the bands onstage (Anthrax at 2:41, Maiden at 3:20).

I come back from work at 9pm, around the time Maiden goes on stage. If I find something (maybe a live broadcast?) I'll post it.

EDIT: Just found these links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g21Jj5q7OaI.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRFGIAa6h2o
Apparently live streams. I don't know if they are official or fake, but you guys can check them out if you are interested.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 10:51:47 AM by SebastianPratesi »

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #1859 on: March 16, 2016, 09:27:58 AM »
Couldn't find any (good quality) videos from yesterday's show in Buenos Aires. Here you can find some nice pictures, though:
https://www.infobae.com/2016/03/16/1797461-las-mejores-fotos-del-recital-iron-maiden-velez

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1860 on: March 28, 2016, 06:28:11 AM »
Anybody else going to the NYC show at MSG this Wednesday?

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1861 on: March 28, 2016, 07:52:33 AM »
1. https://twitter.com/Vorterix/status/709774440796725248. Posted today by Vorterix (the famous radio I mentioned before).
During "The Book Of Souls", Eddie falls onstage, and the roadies help him stand up! I guess his age is really starting to show :P
(you can even see Steve noticing it, and constantly checking out if Eddie is OK.)
This is hilarious.  :lol Eddie's like: "Fuck, I'm too old for this shit."  :rollin

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #1862 on: March 28, 2016, 10:09:03 AM »
This is hilarious.  :lol Eddie's like: "Fuck, I'm too old for this shit."  :rollin
Ha!

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #1863 on: March 28, 2016, 10:58:42 AM »
Anybody else going to the NYC show at MSG this Wednesday?
Yes! can't wait  :metal

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1864 on: March 28, 2016, 11:02:22 AM »
Me either.  Hittin' up some place called Stout around the corner with a group.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1865 on: March 29, 2016, 08:28:57 AM »
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1866 on: March 29, 2016, 08:48:51 AM »
Just stopping by (I've avoided this thread since the tour and haven't read anything so I am not spoiled) to say that I am super pumped for tomorrow's show in NYC!!!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1867 on: March 29, 2016, 09:48:08 AM »
Looking forward to it.  We're picking up the bus in Allentown and coming in.  No f*cking way I'm driving into that mess.  Going to be an excellent show.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1868 on: March 29, 2016, 09:56:51 AM »
Meanwhile, Paul Di'Anno performed sitting in a wheelchair due to ongoing knee issues.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/former_iron_maiden_singer_paul_dianno_forced_to_perform_in_a_wheelchair_due_to_ongoing_knee_issues.html
If you ask anybody down here what the best Tull show they ever saw was damn near all of them will say "man, that wheelchair show!" While I sadly missed it, Ian Anderson apparently went on a rolling rampage that night.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #1869 on: March 29, 2016, 10:01:23 AM »
Watching for a ticket, but so far no luck. :(
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1871 on: March 29, 2016, 10:44:27 AM »
Meanwhile, Paul Di'Anno performed sitting in a wheelchair due to ongoing knee issues.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/former_iron_maiden_singer_paul_dianno_forced_to_perform_in_a_wheelchair_due_to_ongoing_knee_issues.html
If you ask anybody down here what the best Tull show they ever saw was damn near all of them will say "man, that wheelchair show!" While I sadly missed it, Ian Anderson apparently went on a rolling rampage that night.

I've heard similar things about a Tull show like that ('96, I want to say) but this is a case of "not everyone is equal".   Ian can (and clearly did) pull that off, and later I believe, he recreated that as a joke.  But he's known for whacky shit like that.  Honestly?  I'm always the first guy to say "the band/artist can play as long as they want, and it's our choice to pay for the tickets or not", but the Di'Anno thing is sad.    He's a shell of his former self, and honestly, he's not bringing anything to the table that someone picked randomly from the crowd couldn't do.   

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1872 on: March 30, 2016, 02:10:42 AM »
Yup, totally agree. There comes a time to admit to one's self that it's time to pack it in and retire already. As much respect I have for the man's legacy in the early years.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1873 on: March 30, 2016, 03:44:09 AM »
I saw Di'anno once, can't remember if he supported someone or he was the main act but either way it was cool hearing the maiden songs but once you opened your eyes and saw Di'anno the fun swept away and all you saw was some guy feeding of his small legacy from his time in Maiden.

Have more respect for Blaze Bayley in that regard because he atleast does his own thing and the last time I heard one of his albums it sounded pretty good.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 03:51:46 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1874 on: March 30, 2016, 05:49:13 AM »
Blaze has put out TONS of great music.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1875 on: March 30, 2016, 06:23:25 AM »
Blaze CONTINUES to put out great music, his new album Infinite entanglement is really good. The last two times I saw him, he performed a lot of his solo stuff and only several (four or five) classic Maiden tunes. Truly admirable, he's very aware of the quality of his solo career.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1876 on: March 30, 2016, 07:53:00 AM »
It's not like Di'Anno sucks; Killers is a legendary album.  That album ROOLS.   But you don't get to phone it in. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1877 on: March 30, 2016, 08:12:23 AM »
Dianno had such a great voice.
I love the way he sounds on this:

and also this:

Offline home

• Sound is the factor which holds it together
« Reply #1878 on: March 30, 2016, 09:10:13 AM »
Break the mold, let's shake the ground, wreak havoc!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1879 on: March 30, 2016, 09:18:56 AM »
 :lol Yea I just saw that on their FB.  :metal
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Mladen

« Reply #1880 on: March 30, 2016, 10:16:52 AM »
I saw a FB video of Bruce addressing that guy during Wasted years with "Good evening, sir!" Great moment.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #1881 on: March 30, 2016, 10:20:38 AM »
I have no idea why Dianno does not do more of his solo stuff. He actually has some great stuff in his discography. Even his last album Architects of Chaoz I thought was pretty good.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1882 on: March 30, 2016, 11:38:50 AM »
The smile on Wheelchair Dude's face is priceless.
E.F. Benson

SebastianPratesi

« Reply #1883 on: March 30, 2016, 08:31:03 PM »
The smile on Wheelchair Dude's face is priceless.
Ha! That sounds like the name of a meme character!
Bruce's and Steve's smiles while watching him are also cool! They seem genuinely happy to see him in the crowd.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1884 on: March 30, 2016, 09:44:12 PM »
Blaze CONTINUES to put out great music, his new album Infinite entanglement is really good. The last two times I saw him, he performed a lot of his solo stuff and only several (four or five) classic Maiden tunes. Truly admirable, he's very aware of the quality of his solo career.

I haven't got it yet but what I heard even though sounded quite thin and a bit watered down, had some good grooves and melodies.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1885 on: March 31, 2016, 12:38:11 PM »
Last night was a ton of fun, definitely the coolest stage show IMO that IM has done overall.  Lots of pyro's and Bruce's performance was superb I thought (other than messing up the ending of TBoS).  However, the volume was ridiculously loud.  Hard to hear the band clearly.  That was a huge letdown.  Also noticed a lot of mistakes by the band.  Either way, it was really fun and a surprising setlist I thought.  I managed to not be spoiled so when they played Children of the Damned and Powerslave I was really excited.  Met up briefly with Cozmo and met his wife, very cool people, hope your family enjoyed the show too!

My youtube video of my clips.  I ended up really liking my seats in the redone upper area at MSG.  Front row in section 301 had my standing up against the clear railing the entire time hanging over it with my beers.  I wanted to be up front so badly, but this may have been better than sitting in the middle on the side.

https://youtu.be/64tqNQjn8no

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1886 on: April 17, 2016, 03:36:51 PM »
Listening to Beast Over Hammersmith and remembering Clive and his drumming.  :'(  :metal

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1887 on: April 18, 2016, 04:09:36 PM »
Listening to Beast Over Hammersmith and remembering Clive and his drumming.  :'(  :metal

I really love listening to Clive play.  His playing is a lot more understated than Nick, and as a result there are moments of incredible power on those first three albums.  I also love that he got to play on the songs with all the weird 90degree tempo changes.

Interesting lyric explanation from the Maiden facebook:  'History snippet: Von Richthofen claimed that his Fokker DR.1 could “climb like a monkey and maneuver like a devil.”'

Line still sounds out of place haha.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #1888 on: April 18, 2016, 06:26:09 PM »
Also noticed a lot of mistakes by the band.
Saw them twice on this tour and the mistakes were really obvious both times. The first time it was in Vegas (third show) so I just figured that they were still warming up, the second time was just last week and they were still messing up a bit (though not as much). Didn't ruin the show at all but was definitely strange.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1889 on: April 19, 2016, 06:14:51 AM »
Also noticed a lot of mistakes by the band.
Saw them twice on this tour and the mistakes were really obvious both times. The first time it was in Vegas (third show) so I just figured that they were still warming up, the second time was just last week and they were still messing up a bit (though not as much). Didn't ruin the show at all but was definitely strange.

Yea, definitely didn't ruin the show for me either.  The sound was honestly the worst part, mistakes are fine in my book unless it ruins a song because that is part of the live experience although Bruce's botching of the final "The Book of Souls" line was a bit disappointing since it's such an awesome ending to the song.