Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 572736 times)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: The Iron Maiden thread for discussion NOT relating to The Book of Souls
« Reply #1610 on: October 06, 2015, 01:30:32 PM »
New Yorkers seem to have funny ideas about general admission, honestly. Despite all the love Highline Ballroom gets, I had the same opinion about that. GA there was just a drag.
Never been there so cannot comment, but the floor seating for IM is actually set to how IM want it.  They request to have open pit in the front if the venue has that option.  Also, surprised there isn't the "ticketless" stuff this time around, while it was a pain, I thought it worked for what IM intended it to do which was get the biggest fans in the front and not the richest fans.  Looking at stubhub will tell the story that the rich will be up front most likely.
Oh, I approve whole-heartedly of the pit up front. It's the divided pit that bugs me. I either want seats up front or GA that's the entire floor. GA in the rear is awful. Also, The Forum in LA is doing ticketless, so that might be a NYC deal; not sure. It does seem to be something Maiden is doing this tour.

edit: ticketless entry in Miami, as well.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1611 on: October 06, 2015, 01:37:35 PM »
New Yorkers seem to have funny ideas about general admission, honestly. Despite all the love Highline Ballroom gets, I had the same opinion about that. GA there was just a drag.
Never been there so cannot comment, but the floor seating for IM is actually set to how IM want it.  They request to have open pit in the front if the venue has that option.  Also, surprised there isn't the "ticketless" stuff this time around, while it was a pain, I thought it worked for what IM intended it to do which was get the biggest fans in the front and not the richest fans.  Looking at stubhub will tell the story that the rich will be up front most likely.
Oh, I approve whole-heartedly of the pit up front. It's the divided pit that bugs me. I either want seats up front or GA that's the entire floor. GA in the rear is awful. Also, The Forum in LA is doing ticketless, so that might be a NYC deal; not sure. It does seem to be something Maiden is doing this tour.

edit: ticketless entry in Miami, as well.

Yup, just did some looking up and found that ticketless events is now against the law in NYC, hence the situation. 

I wonder if that's with fees included, id have to assume it isn't  :yeahright
oiy, definitely more than i want to spend especially with new york comic con this weekend, but if i can get a hold on a pit ticket i don't think i could pass it up...

It's not including the fees.  I got the cheapest face value ticket which is $81 after all is said and done.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1612 on: October 08, 2015, 07:18:54 AM »
Canadian tour dates!

April
 1 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
 3 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre                     
 8 - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
 10 - Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1614 on: October 08, 2015, 08:10:12 AM »
Cool interview with Adrian.
https://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/adrian-smith-on-iron-maidens-new-album-the-book-of-souls-627665

It's cool that he referenced DT in there :tup

"We’re not proggy to that extent, like when you hear Dream Theater - we’re sort of on the straighter side of proggy, if you like."
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Art

« Reply #1615 on: October 08, 2015, 08:21:19 AM »
I am going to the São Paulo show. It´s going to be on my soccer team´s stadium, that happens to be 3 blocks away from my house. So, that will be nice.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #1616 on: October 08, 2015, 09:20:43 AM »
to answer my own request, i found two presale codes for MSG: "Souls" and "WBAB"

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1617 on: October 08, 2015, 11:08:53 AM »
Man, I can't buy a break here. Playing Montreal first complicates things since I'd likely need to be flying into YYZ.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1618 on: October 08, 2015, 12:16:13 PM »
Just come to MSG, we should do a meet up since it seems a few from here are going.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1619 on: October 08, 2015, 10:10:46 PM »
I haven't ruled MSG out. NYC really wouldn't be my first choice, though. And honestly, that West-East GA thing really bugs the hell out of me. If I were to hit NYC it'd be part of some grander scheme, but I really won't know anything for sure until Thanksgiving. I've got a couple of directions I could go, and the hotel and airline black Friday deals will almost certainly be the determining factor. As it is now, weather, geography, and the bands itinerary and choice of venues are really making most of the options pretty meh for me. None of it is jumping out at me as a great trip idea.
E.F. Benson

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1620 on: October 09, 2015, 05:01:31 AM »
Ordered a ticket for their one concert in the Netherland in june. First time to ever see them live. Crappy venue, lots of travel by train, but hey, it´s Maiden.  :metal
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1621 on: October 13, 2015, 06:40:21 PM »
SECOND LA SHOW ADDED DUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND

We’ve just added a second night at the LA Forum on April 16.

The show goes on sale on Saturday October 17th with an exclusive fanclub presale taking place on Wednesday 14th.

US dates went on sale nationally on Saturday with Madison Square Garden selling out in 45 min, followed by the LA Forum and with other dates fast approaching sell out.

Due to the band's schedule no other US dates can be added at this time but dates in Canada go on sale on Friday Oct 16 for Montreal, Toronto, Edmonton and Vancouver.

Well no more US dates confirmed, and wow MSG sold out quick.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1622 on: October 13, 2015, 06:51:13 PM »
Not really holding out hope but "at this time" in interesting. Hopefully something next summer.

Online Anguyen92

Even though Empire of the Clouds may not be played live in the live shows, next year, Nicko thinks they may play it some day, especially if they somehow play it (amongst other songs) with an orchestra and Bruce may have ideas regarding that song.

In a recent interview, drummer Nicko McBrain spoke about wanting Iron Maiden to perform with an orchestra. “I think [“Empire Of The Clouds”] will probably be performed somewhere along the line, whether it’s in an Iron Maiden formula, or whether it’ll be Bruce doing something with that song with someone else, perhaps,” said McBrain. “But I don’t think we can really see playing that one live, ’cause there’s so much going on.”

Dickinson echoed Nicko’s statement, confirming that “Empire of the Clouds” won’t be featured on Iron Maiden’s upcoming world tour. “It is such an overwhelming song to do for everybody,” Bruce says. “That, just is going to be too unwieldy in the context of a big, hairy rock and roll show.”

But never one to shy away from a challenge, Bruce is interested in turning “Empire of the Clouds” into an even bigger spectacle. “I’d love to actually do a one-off — or who knows what it might turn into — a project with an orchestra and a narrative and a couple of actors to tell the story in between the pieces and film it and extend it to 35-40 minutes.”

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/nicko_mcbrain_wants_iron_maiden_to_play_with_an_orchestra.html

https://loudwire.com/exclusive-iron-maiden-bruce-dickinson-may-turn-empire-of-the-clouds-theatrical-production/

I'd watch it.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Interesting, I find some of that far fetched though even though it is coming from their mouths.  They just seem to have so much going on (specifically Bruce), but it wouldn't surprise me to see them pull something like that off although it seems more of a Bruce solo thing (like they hinted) vs IM.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
For me, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear Maiden with an orchestra as much as any band out there.

I think with some creative arranging, that would be epic beyond words, and I know the band (especially Murray and Dickinson) could really do it justice.   

I have wood.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
For me, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear Maiden with an orchestra as much as any band out there.

Oh totally, I would love it if they did that as well, but I thought they were on record of saying it wasn't something they were interested in, but obviously time changes things and with what they talked about with EotC, it seems like it would be fitting for even more songs now. 

I also see that IM are playing Wacken next year, man do I really want to go to that festival.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

I think with some creative arranging, that would be epic beyond words, and I know the band (especially Murray and Dickinson) could really do it justice.   

I have wood.

It would get my money

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I guess it'd be OK, but I am so put off with all these bands playing with an orchestra. To me that jumped the shark a long time ago.
I mean, I love Iron Maiden, but I'm not sure I could get really excited about it. I'd rather just have them play it and have The Count play the keyboard patches.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
The Journeyman with real strings!  I'm in.

Offline Mladen

Yeah, Journeyman and Empire of the clouds would be the two that need to be performed with an orchestra. Maybe it's time for a game of "make an Iron Maiden + orchestra set list", huh?  ;D

I'll take some time to do mine.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Paschendale would have to be played.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
The Legacy would sound awesome with strings.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Maiden with an orchestra?!  Hell yeah.  Would they be able to make a whole set though.  Doesn't seem to be many that would fit, although it would be awesome.  There's a few easy ones though;

SOTC
DOD
The Nomad
Empire
FTGGOG (would be cool)
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
I guess it'd be OK, but I am so put off with all these bands playing with an orchestra. To me that jumped the shark a long time ago.
I mean, I love Iron Maiden, but I'm not sure I could get really excited about it. I'd rather just have them play it and have The Count play the keyboard patches.

This.

Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
I love the booklet, and the band picture is probably my favorite of any I've seen.

And the music is pretty damn good too!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
Quick question for yall.

What album do yous guys like more: No Prayer For The Dying or Fear of the Dark?

Offline Mladen

I'd pick Prayer, but they're both extremely average.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
Fear...just.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'd pick Prayer, but they're both extremely average.

This.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Art

Quick question for yall.

What album do yous guys like more: No Prayer For The Dying or Fear of the Dark?

No Prayer.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Fear Of The Dark has much stronger material. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Fear of the Dark, but not by much and both are not very good albums overall.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
FOTD, easily.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline 425

I listened to Fear of the Dark a few weeks ago and it wasn't as weak as I had remembered... but it's still the weakest IM album. It has some very good material, but also several tracks which constitute the band's very worst songs. No Prayer wins for me by a nose.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time