Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 570932 times)

Anguyen92 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #9345 on: February 02, 2023, 07:49:58 AM »
I don't think Maiden will make it. Even if they do, I don't think they'll show up to the ceremony. Steve, Bruce and Rod strike me as people that hold tight to their integrity and principles.

Not to argue, since I agree that they will hold tight, but I don't think their principles rule out appearing at the HoF should they get in. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9346 on: February 02, 2023, 08:10:05 AM »
I could see them attending just so Bruce could take a jab at the hall during the ceremony. 

I could also see them declining the whole thing.

Who knows, but as much as I hate the hall and don't really care, there's a part of me that wants them in just to see what they do.  And even if it turned out to be a peaceful acceptance and appearance, I'd still be interested in watching because they are my favorite band. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9347 on: February 02, 2023, 08:49:28 AM »
I could see them attending just so Bruce could take a jab at the hall during the ceremony. 

I could also see them declining the whole thing.

Who knows, but as much as I hate the hall and don't really care, there's a part of me that wants them in just to see what they do.  And even if it turned out to be a peaceful acceptance and appearance, I'd still be interested in watching because they are my favorite band.

The Hall prides itself on it's "star-studded, jam finale!" and I would absolutely pay money to see Bruce, Steve, Dave (in particular) tear up a Sheryl Crow song or something like that.   :) :) :)

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #9348 on: February 02, 2023, 09:13:29 AM »

What could the HOF do do after all, rush outside to buy some eggs?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #9349 on: February 02, 2023, 03:02:39 PM »
For what it's worth, when I visited the RRHOF a couple years ago, they had Bruce's jacket from the SIT tour on display donated directly from Bruce to the museum. I don't think there's going to be as much anti-establishment attitude from the Maiden camp once they get in. This has pretty much been the pattern among rockstars with few exceptions: it's cool to rally against the hall until you get in. I doubt they would play at the ceremony though.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9350 on: February 02, 2023, 03:21:20 PM »
"Bruce would write a country album if he thought it would sell" - Steve Harris (admittedly during the middle of the breakdown in their relationship 😁)

Look, I love these guys but don't think for a minute they're not deeply involved in how to best monetise every single avenue available to them.

Edit: I will concede I might still be a little bitter at Bruce for voting for Brexit then whining about the impact of it.

Why wouldn't they though?  I know I would if I were them.  I don't think this is something you can hold against them.  It's their job and if they have avenues to increase their income, you'd be mad not to.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9351 on: February 27, 2023, 07:45:34 AM »
Adrian Smith turns 66 today!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Bentower

« Reply #9352 on: February 27, 2023, 08:45:34 AM »
Six! Ty! Six!
Human by Nature (prog-infused psychedelic metal): https://linktr.ee/hbnearth
Our debut album "Eläimys" is a trip I can whole-heartedly recommend to anyone into Pain of Salvation, Opeth, The Mars Volta, Magma etc.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9353 on: February 27, 2023, 10:08:00 AM »
"Bruce would write a country album if he thought it would sell" - Steve Harris (admittedly during the middle of the breakdown in their relationship 😁)

Look, I love these guys but don't think for a minute they're not deeply involved in how to best monetise every single avenue available to them.

Edit: I will concede I might still be a little bitter at Bruce for voting for Brexit then whining about the impact of it.

Why wouldn't they though?  I know I would if I were them.  I don't think this is something you can hold against them.  It's their job and if they have avenues to increase their income, you'd be mad not to.

And remember; "rock stars" don't have pensions, and insurance plans and all that that we've come to rely on from corporations to make our lives better.  (Granted, IM may now BE that corporation, as they are big enough, but that still mandates that they monetize whatever they can.)

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9354 on: February 27, 2023, 10:14:53 AM »
Do what? Why wouldn't they? There's literally no reason why they wouldn't pay a portion of their salary into a private pension.

These guys are utterly minted and then some... and they want more and more through exploiting every single avenue they can. And yes, I imagine I'd do the same. Chance would be a fine thing.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline pg1067

« Reply #9355 on: February 28, 2023, 01:38:36 PM »
I FINALLY received my Iron Maiden stamps in yesterday's mail - nearly two months after I ordered them and a solid five weeks after receiving the shipment confirmation email.

They're really nice, so now I need to figure out where and how I'll display them.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9356 on: February 28, 2023, 02:25:10 PM »
Do what? Why wouldn't they? There's literally no reason why they wouldn't pay a portion of their salary into a private pension.

These guys are utterly minted and then some... and they want more and more through exploiting every single avenue they can. And yes, I imagine I'd do the same. Chance would be a fine thing.

Why hold that against them though or make a big deal out of it then?

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #9357 on: February 28, 2023, 04:12:25 PM »
I FINALLY received my Iron Maiden stamps in yesterday's mail - nearly two months after I ordered them and a solid five weeks after receiving the shipment confirmation email.

They're really nice, so now I need to figure out where and how I'll display them.

That's not fast! I didn't offer them in the end. I might, though.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #9358 on: March 26, 2023, 03:21:33 PM »
Blaze had a heart attack yesterday.

We sincerely regret to announce that Blaze had a heart attack at home yesterday evening & is now in hospital in a stable condition, awaiting news of further surgery/treatment. He is in good spirits in the circumstances but utterly disappointed to have to postpone our imminent shows due in March & April. Ticket refunds will be available at source but we truly hope you will keep your tickets & make it to the new dates which we will be announcing as soon as they are scheduled.

Regarding shows already booked for June-November this year, we understandably have to wait a short while to see how quick Blaze’s recovery will be, so please stay tuned & meanwhile most importantly we're sure you will join us in wishing him a complete & speedy recovery.

Blaze misses you, cannot wait to regain full health & see you all again.

Every Storm Ends… ‘your heart will heal’

Thank you so much everyone for your understanding & support.
Mark Appleton & Christopher Appleton (management / bookings)

https://www.facebook.com/officialblazebayley
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Glasser

« Reply #9359 on: March 26, 2023, 03:24:30 PM »
Blaze had a heart attack yesterday.

We sincerely regret to announce that Blaze had a heart attack at home yesterday evening & is now in hospital in a stable condition, awaiting news of further surgery/treatment. He is in good spirits in the circumstances but utterly disappointed to have to postpone our imminent shows due in March & April. Ticket refunds will be available at source but we truly hope you will keep your tickets & make it to the new dates which we will be announcing as soon as they are scheduled.

Regarding shows already booked for June-November this year, we understandably have to wait a short while to see how quick Blaze’s recovery will be, so please stay tuned & meanwhile most importantly we're sure you will join us in wishing him a complete & speedy recovery.

Blaze misses you, cannot wait to regain full health & see you all again.

Every Storm Ends… ‘your heart will heal’

Thank you so much everyone for your understanding & support.
Mark Appleton & Christopher Appleton (management / bookings)

https://www.facebook.com/officialblazebayley

That's absolutely AWFUL. Hoping he gets through this. Man, life is so fragile.

Offline WardySI

« Reply #9360 on: March 26, 2023, 03:45:52 PM »
 :sad:

Hope he can make a full recovery wishing him all the best...

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9361 on: March 26, 2023, 03:49:08 PM »
Oh shit, that's awful.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9362 on: March 26, 2023, 06:55:02 PM »
Oh shit, that's no good.  He wasn't looking in the greatest shape either, I hope he makes a quick full recovery.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #9363 on: March 26, 2023, 07:01:43 PM »
Blaze has been through SO MUCH...he lost his job in Maiden, had to struggle to maintain a career (which is finally in good shape), lost his wife to cancer, and now this. It makes me think that his song "The Man Who Would Not Die" is even more fitting now.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9364 on: March 26, 2023, 07:27:08 PM »
Blaze has been through SO MUCH...he lost his job in Maiden, had to struggle to maintain a career (which is finally in good shape), lost his wife to cancer, and now this. It makes me think that his song "The Man Who Would Not Die" is even more fitting now.

That's still my fav album from him, it rips.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9365 on: March 26, 2023, 07:40:10 PM »

That's a great album. Personally, I'm partial to Promise & Terror, particularly the suite about his wife.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9366 on: March 26, 2023, 07:41:46 PM »

That's a great album. Personally, I'm partial to Promise & Terror, particularly the suite about his wife.

That one grew on me a lot.  At first I didn't get it, I thought it lacked a lot of hooks and melody, but there's some heavy shit on there.  Yeah, that suite at the end is killer.  That whole story with his wife at the time was heartbreaking.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #9367 on: March 26, 2023, 07:45:45 PM »
Hope he has a fast recovery, I really enjoyed the two albums he was on with Maiden. Never did check out any of his solo stuff.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #9368 on: March 26, 2023, 07:56:22 PM »
Hope he has a fast recovery, I really enjoyed the two albums he was on with Maiden. Never did check out any of his solo stuff.

Wolfking and I just mentioned two great albums. Start right there.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9369 on: March 26, 2023, 07:57:49 PM »

Wolfking and I just mentioned two great albums. Start right there.

Sillicon Messiah his debut is also fucking brilliant.  Blood and Belief is an underrated one I really love too.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #9370 on: March 26, 2023, 08:00:23 PM »
I hope he has a speedy recovery. He always comes across as a cheerful guy even through all the rotten luck he's had over his life/career. Didn't get a fair shake in maiden due to things out of his control and went on to have a very good solo career that flew under the radar without much attention. I enjoy pretty much all of his solo work, especially those first 3 produced by Andy Sneap.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9371 on: March 26, 2023, 08:03:22 PM »
I hope he has a speedy recovery. He always comes across as a cheerful guy even through all the rotten luck he's had over his life/career. Didn't get a fair shake in maiden due to things out of his control and went on to have a very good solo career that flew under the radar without much attention. I enjoy pretty much all of his solo work, especially those first 3 produced by Andy Sneap.

He had a solid lineup too on those three which really helped.  John Slater and Steve Wray were a great guitar duo.  Jeff Singer is awesome too.  Nice to hear him back on the last My Dying Bride album too.

Blaze kept a really solid output given the amount of lineup changes he had though, although if that lineup stayed together I wonder if he would have found some more success.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #9372 on: March 26, 2023, 08:09:27 PM »
Definitely awful news. Hope he recovers well for sure!

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #9373 on: March 26, 2023, 08:12:57 PM »

He had a solid lineup too on those three which really helped.  John Slater and Steve Wray were a great guitar duo.  Jeff Singer is awesome too.  Nice to hear him back on the last My Dying Bride album too.

Blaze kept a really solid output given the amount of lineup changes he had though, although if that lineup stayed together I wonder if he would have found some more success.

Unfortunately I think that lineup fell apart specifically due to the lack of success. Going through the wiki almost all of the lineup changes were because of "financial difficulties" or just people leaving for most likely better paying gigs. At one point he lost 2 members because they joined Robin Gibb's solo band.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9374 on: March 26, 2023, 08:44:02 PM »

Unfortunately I think that lineup fell apart specifically due to the lack of success. Going through the wiki almost all of the lineup changes were because of "financial difficulties" or just people leaving for most likely better paying gigs. At one point he lost 2 members because they joined Robin Gibb's solo band.

No doubt.  I didn't know about the Robin Gibb thing though lol.  it's a shame cause those albums are absolute crackers.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #9375 on: March 27, 2023, 01:57:24 AM »
Damn, that's some terrible news. But if someone's a fighter and a survivor, it's Blaze Bayley.  :metal

Offline WardySI

« Reply #9376 on: March 27, 2023, 02:53:19 AM »
Have always been in the minority but loved and still love X Factor, it speaks to me \m/

And while dig all his solo output if push came to shove I'd take Silicon Messiah over any other followed closely by Tenth Dimension and his most recent War Within Me which was a cracker.  The both Promise and Terror and The Man Who Would Not Die excellent excellent stuff...

The world needs hear more Blaze  :metal

Get well soon mate!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #9377 on: March 27, 2023, 05:13:06 AM »
Best of wishes for Blaze, the man who would not die  :metal

I agree that life has been tough on him, if someone deserves some peace and serenity, it's him.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9378 on: March 27, 2023, 08:32:02 AM »

I was thinking exactly this when I read the news about this.  Guy  has just had the worst things happen since leaving IM.  Hope he recovers fully and quickly. 

Offline Mladen

« Reply #9379 on: March 27, 2023, 08:50:52 AM »
The thing that strikes me about him, though, is his "I've been so lucky in my life" attitude that comes across both in his music and his interviews. Truly inspiring.

EDIT: I just remembered that I opened a Blaze Bayley thread months ago to discuss his solo work and stuff, but I forgot about it completely. It's also clear that people would more likely check the Iron Maiden thread to talk about Blaze rather than look up if he has his own thread. Kind of makes sense. It's not too bad, I guess.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 12:27:47 PM by Mladen »