Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 558025 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #8435 on: May 23, 2022, 10:27:49 AM »
It's hard to say what I would rather have.  I think the Senjutsu song itself is the weakest of the album, so it's not high on my list of live songs to see BUT I haven't seen it.  So in some ways, I'd rather that than any of the songs cut, but I can't say I like that song better than any of the songs cut.  For me, I'd say the biggest let down is that they are playing Senjutsu because it seems guaranteed we'd see that during the Senjutsu tour itself and FTGGOG is a much better long song. 

Having said that, I know others enjoy Senjutsu (the song) more than I do and it also seemed from my experience, that the crowd wasn't into FTGGOG.  My opinion may be of the minority here.

Not to argue, but just counterpoint, the song "Senjutsu" is one of the songs I REALLY want to see live.  That and Hell On Earth.  Though I don't know if I'd cut Where Eagles Dare or FTGGOG for it, for reasons you state.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8436 on: May 23, 2022, 11:02:15 AM »
Hell on Earth or The Parchment are the top songs I want to see from Senjutsu.  I definitely expected peolpe to not agree with my take there. I think I'd also take Death of the Celts followed by The Clansman.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #8437 on: May 23, 2022, 11:39:35 AM »
Short but sweet…

Steve briefly reunited with Paul Dianno backstage at the IM show last night.

https://youtu.be/XsLt4RlvQeQ
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #8438 on: May 23, 2022, 12:04:12 PM »
That's great!

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #8439 on: May 23, 2022, 01:06:24 PM »
Short but sweet…

Nice!

Nicko's beautiful new drum kit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAZePHk9zvc&t=823s
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline pg1067

« Reply #8440 on: May 23, 2022, 02:38:02 PM »
Never seen Eagles live, so I'm bummed to hear that it was on the list and cut.  Otherwise, it's a pretty good list.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #8441 on: May 23, 2022, 02:58:03 PM »
FTGGOG was THE highlight of the show for me. That and Sign Of The Cross
I agree. At the same time we were one out of 13k or 25k, and in my case the other 24,999 weren't much into it at all. There was a palpable letdown during those two. I suspect it'll be the same during Senjutsu.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8442 on: May 23, 2022, 03:03:49 PM »
FTGGOG was THE highlight of the show for me. That and Sign Of The Cross
I agree. At the same time we were one out of 13k or 25k, and in my case the other 24,999 weren't much into it at all. There was a palpable letdown during those two. I suspect it'll be the same during Senjutsu.

Maybe not as much since Senjutsu is the opening track and will get a pop just for that.  And yes, no one was into FTGGOG when I saw it besides me.  I even made sure to capture it because I was pretty sure it wouldn't return to the sets although it was one of my favorites.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUIVFE_ycZk

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8443 on: May 23, 2022, 05:06:18 PM »
Hell on Earth or The Parchment are the top songs I want to see from Senjutsu.  I definitely expected peolpe to not agree with my take there.

Really?  I thought most would actually agree, I certainly do.  Lost World would be my third choice.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8444 on: May 23, 2022, 05:11:33 PM »
Hell on Earth or The Parchment are the top songs I want to see from Senjutsu.  I definitely expected peolpe to not agree with my take there.

Really?  I thought most would actually agree, I certainly do.  Lost World would be my third choice.

I meant on my take about keeping FTGGOG over Senjutsu.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8445 on: May 23, 2022, 05:29:30 PM »

I meant on my take about keeping FTGGOG over Senjutsu.

Agree with that too.

Online Mladen

« Reply #8446 on: May 25, 2022, 03:33:23 AM »
They absolutely floored me last night in Belgrade. Not only was it my first big concert since the start of the pandemic, but it was in my hometown, my 10th Maiden gig overall and my first experience being in the first row right in front of the stage. As expected and as announced, most songs from the previous leg were still in the set, but I was so happy to see three Senjutsu songs. Also, Blood brothers was a nice surprise. Not to mention Sign of the cross is my all time favorite song.

The performance was amazing. Bruce sounds like he's 30 years old and the guitarists knocked it out of the park. People are complaining about Nicko slowing things down, though. Honestly, I can't bring myself to complaining about anything. I am happy that we get to see any shows at all. I am happy that all band members survived two years of covid. I do not take any of it for granted.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8447 on: May 25, 2022, 04:20:29 AM »
They absolutely floored me last night in Belgrade. Not only was it my first big concert since the start of the pandemic, but it was in my hometown, my 10th Maiden gig overall and my first experience being in the first row right in front of the stage. As expected and as announced, most songs from the previous leg were still in the set, but I was so happy to see three Senjutsu songs. Also, Blood brothers was a nice surprise. Not to mention Sign of the cross is my all time favorite song.

The performance was amazing. Bruce sounds like he's 30 years old and the guitarists knocked it out of the park. People are complaining about Nicko slowing things down, though. Honestly, I can't bring myself to complaining about anything. I am happy that we get to see any shows at all. I am happy that all band members survived two years of covid. I do not take any of it for granted.

Good shit mate.  Very jealous.  :metal

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #8448 on: May 25, 2022, 08:27:38 AM »
Short but sweet…

I can't click, but if it's the clip I saw (sent to me by my friend) I couldn't understand a word they said. To me it looked a little awkward, but then again, I couldn't understand a word they said.  :)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8449 on: May 25, 2022, 08:43:20 AM »

That's awesome, glad you had a good time.  Can't wait till October when it's my turn to see them.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #8450 on: May 25, 2022, 10:46:59 AM »
Yeah, on the handful of songs I saw from this tour on YouTube, the band is absolutely on fire, and Bruce's voice is great - not sounding strained at all, as he did on the Legacy of the Beast dates in 2019. Can't wait to see them in Toronto! I usually avoid arenas and big stages at this point - too expensive, you barely see anything, and security sucks. But Maiden is one of the very few bands I'll open an exception for. They're playing the Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, and it will be my first time at that venue.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #8451 on: May 26, 2022, 03:28:17 PM »
Stole this from a Reddit thread.  Name the Iron Maiden songs depicted by these photos (hint:  the one that will immediately call to mind Stranger in a Strange Land isn't that song).

"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8452 on: May 26, 2022, 06:24:45 PM »
El Dorado
Caught Somewhere in Time
To Tame A Land
Stranger In A Strang Land

?

Offline Glasser

« Reply #8453 on: May 26, 2022, 07:41:29 PM »
Babe Ruth in space= "Just a babe in a black abyss...."   REVELATIONS?!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8454 on: May 26, 2022, 07:45:49 PM »

Nice!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Glasser

« Reply #8455 on: May 26, 2022, 07:50:50 PM »
No brave new world! = Stranger in a strange land????

Down the south to Italy= Murders in the Rue Morgue?!!!

Babe Ruth= Revelations. (Just a Babe in a black abyss).

Saloon pic with the Smokey and the bandits has to be Aces High? This is so effing hard. ?????

Seems to be a play on lyrics. Please do tell????
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 08:15:08 PM by Glasser »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #8456 on: May 26, 2022, 08:06:27 PM »
Saloon pic with the bandits has to be Aces High? This is so effing hard. ?????
The clock says 8 o'clock. This has to be it. I was looking at them each as specific bandits rather than bandits in general.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Glasser

« Reply #8457 on: May 26, 2022, 08:08:38 PM »
Saloon pic with the bandits has to be Aces High? This is so effing hard. ?????
The clock says 8 o'clock. This has to be it. I was looking at them each as specific bandits rather than bandits in general.

I'm writing clues of each picture then running through CD lyrics? The ones i named make sense, maybe. Lol!!!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8458 on: May 26, 2022, 08:19:20 PM »

Ah nice. 

I thought maybe the pictures depicted the song titles not a lyric, apart from the last one which would be wrong.

Offline Glasser

« Reply #8459 on: May 26, 2022, 08:43:27 PM »

Ah nice. 

I thought maybe the pictures depicted the song titles not a lyric, apart from the last one which would be wrong.

No brave new world being stranger in a strange land makes sense for that one. I can't wait to see the correct answers.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8460 on: May 26, 2022, 08:44:40 PM »
I think you nailed Rue Morgue too.

Offline 425

« Reply #8461 on: May 26, 2022, 08:46:27 PM »
I saw a lot of these on reddit when they were originally posted, so I can confirm that Revelations, Murders in the Rue Morgue and Stranger in a Strange Land are right. Never saw the first one.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline Glasser

« Reply #8462 on: May 26, 2022, 08:53:17 PM »
I saw a lot of these on reddit when they were originally posted, so I can confirm that Revelations, Murders in the Rue Morgue and Stranger in a Strange Land are right. Never saw the first one.

Is reddit a forum or a social media outlet.?

Offline 425

« Reply #8463 on: May 26, 2022, 08:59:36 PM »
I'd say it's sort of a combination of the two.

Like a forum, it's largely anonymous and communities form around discussing shared interests (reddit is full of "subreddits" focused around different topics that you subscribe to; these puzzles were posted on the /r/IronMaiden subreddit). Although, in my experience, they tend to be quite impersonal compared to forum communities. I've never really gotten to know someone on reddit to the extent I've gotten to know plenty of people on DTF.

Like a social media outlet, it only shows you recent (from the last day or two) content/threads unless you actively go searching for older ones, and popular content (as determined by "upvotes," which are basically likes) is more prominent.
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8464 on: May 26, 2022, 09:27:52 PM »
Is the first one The Apparition?

'In a room full of strangers, do you stand with your back to the wall'

Offline Glasser

« Reply #8465 on: May 27, 2022, 03:08:48 PM »
Is the final verdict in on this?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #8466 on: May 28, 2022, 07:04:36 AM »
The more I listen, the more I think A Matter of Life and Death is a top 5 album by the band (from all eras).

Convince me otherwise.  :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #8467 on: May 28, 2022, 07:06:54 AM »
The more I listen, the more I think A Matter of Life and Death is a top 5 album by the band (from all eras).

You are correct. It is. It is the definitive album of the Reunion Era. Personally, I reach for The Final Frontier first, but AMOLAD is deserving of all the accolades it gets.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Mladen

« Reply #8468 on: May 28, 2022, 08:39:11 AM »

No need to convince you otherwise. You got it right.  :tup

Offline jammindude

« Reply #8469 on: May 28, 2022, 08:52:42 AM »

Nailed it.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude