Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 558028 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #5075 on: February 03, 2021, 12:15:08 PM »
That's really cool Rodrigo, should be a fun and interesting interview.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5076 on: February 03, 2021, 12:16:28 PM »
Since Killers just turned 40, you can ask his opinion on the first two Maiden albums and if he wished he'd get to sing more Paul Di'Anno songs than the ones he did (actually I think that bringing back some more Paul songs to the set during his tenure would have been a smart move)?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #5077 on: February 03, 2021, 12:20:06 PM »
Since Killers just turned 40, you can ask his opinion on the first two Maiden albums and if he wished he'd get to sing more Paul Di'Anno songs than the ones he did (actually I think that bringing back some more Paul songs to the set during his tenure would have been a smart move)?

That's a GREAT angle, and I'll ask him about that!

They did bring out Murders in the Rue Morgue on selected dates of the Virtual XI Tour, but the versions I saw weren't particularly good.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5078 on: February 03, 2021, 12:33:50 PM »
In other news: I'll interview Blaze Bayley next Monday!!! I'm pretty excited about that one.
This is amazing, man! Interviews with Blaze are always entertaining and pleasant, he comes off as an engaging, kind person in his interviews. I'm looking forward to your impressions, as well as to the interview itself.

Yeah, from what I've seen, he's incredibly engaged and funny in interviews. I'm looking forward to that one. I listened to the new album today on my run, and it's a very uplifting record!
Blaze is good people. I really like the guy. We saw him play a shit-hole club on the other side of Fort Worth for all of 15 people (tell him to get a new booking agent for Texas!), and they played like it was fucking Donnington. I gather that from his perspective we were true fans and deserved a good show in a far from ideal situation. I really appreciated that. He's got an excellent band, to boot. Chris Appleton is the real deal.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #5079 on: February 03, 2021, 01:16:57 PM »
I think he has grown tremendously as a singer AFTER he left Maiden. I've seen versions of him doing Wasted Years, Virus, Futureal and other songs that were way better than anything he sang with Maiden.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5080 on: February 03, 2021, 01:22:27 PM »

Great question!

Online Mladen

« Reply #5081 on: February 03, 2021, 02:31:01 PM »
In other news: I'll interview Blaze Bayley next Monday!!! I'm pretty excited about that one.
This is amazing, man! Interviews with Blaze are always entertaining and pleasant, he comes off as an engaging, kind person in his interviews. I'm looking forward to your impressions, as well as to the interview itself.

Yeah, from what I've seen, he's incredibly engaged and funny in interviews. I'm looking forward to that one. I listened to the new album today on my run, and it's a very uplifting record!
Oh, how I envy you.  :biggrin:

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #5082 on: February 03, 2021, 04:47:57 PM »

Oh, how I envy you.  :biggrin:

If you enjoy his solo career, you'll be happy with this one. I found some of the song titles a little bit too tongue in cheek for me, but the overall result is cool. And I listened to Silicon Messiah again yesterday, after many years - yep, still an amazing album, very modern sounding!

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5083 on: February 04, 2021, 06:25:19 AM »
Silicon Messiah and The Tenth Dimension are two of the very best metal albums money can buy.

I don't think there's anyone on the planet with more heart than Blaze.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #5084 on: February 08, 2021, 09:53:21 PM »
 Blaze was awesome!!! We spoke for more than an hour today!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5085 on: February 08, 2021, 10:05:20 PM »
That's awesome mate.  :metal
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5086 on: February 09, 2021, 04:47:04 AM »
Nice! Can't wait for the interview.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #5087 on: February 09, 2021, 09:23:55 AM »
I'm looking forward to that as well.  He wasn't necessarily my cup of tea in Maiden, but he's such a likeable guy, I'm always rooting for him.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5088 on: February 09, 2021, 09:28:09 AM »
He definitely looks a big goofy  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5089 on: February 09, 2021, 09:29:56 AM »
It's as if Kingshmegland shaved. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #5090 on: February 09, 2021, 09:47:05 AM »

We both look as far from metal as can be, but let me assure you, this interview is DRIPPING with metal!!!!!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5091 on: February 09, 2021, 09:54:20 AM »

We both look as far from metal as can be, but let me assure you, this interview is DRIPPING with metal!!!!!

I had no doubt about that, I always thought he was a bit goofy looking but that picture with his background lights and big bald head just put it to another level  :lol like I can't stop thinking of Sloth from the Goonies.

Online Mladen

« Reply #5092 on: February 09, 2021, 12:46:29 PM »
You can picture him in a leather jacket on a motorcycle with AC/DC being cranked way up, though. He's still pretty metal.  :metal

Offline 425

« Reply #5093 on: February 09, 2021, 12:51:49 PM »
I got into Silicon Messiah and Tenth Dimension years ago, but I didn't really connect with Blood & Belief, and kind of left off there. Any particular place I should pick up in Blaze's solo discography, or should I just keep going from where I was?
And if spirit's a sign,
Then it's only a matter of time

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #5094 on: February 09, 2021, 01:01:15 PM »
I got into Silicon Messiah and Tenth Dimension years ago, but I didn't really connect with Blood & Belief, and kind of left off there. Any particular place I should pick up in Blaze's solo discography, or should I just keep going from where I was?

The trilogy he released right before this new album is VERY good!!! He tells a story throughout the three albums, and he's writing a book about it. It's METAL, but it has orchestrations, several characters, some acoustic interludes...I think it's one of his best releases, although Silicon Messiah and Tenth Dimension are amazing as well.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5095 on: February 09, 2021, 01:03:01 PM »
Promise And Terror is my go to Blaze album.

Online Mladen

« Reply #5096 on: February 09, 2021, 01:45:27 PM »
Promise And Terror is my go to Blaze album.
Same here. And since its predecessor is also pretty awesome, I'd advise you to continue chronologicaly.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #5097 on: February 09, 2021, 01:48:04 PM »
In preparation for the interview I did a bit of a deep dive into his discography. Honestly, there are a few low points, but when he gets it right, his albums are MUCH more interesting than the latest Maiden releases.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5098 on: February 10, 2021, 05:55:07 PM »
Iron Maiden has been nominated for the RnR HOF.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #5099 on: February 10, 2021, 06:19:39 PM »

I've got this feeling that if this is the time Iron Maiden gets in, the HOF are going to omit some members in the induction like Blaze or Clive Burr or maybe even Janick.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5100 on: February 10, 2021, 06:25:15 PM »

I've got this feeling that if this is the time Iron Maiden gets in, the HOF are going to omit some members in the induction like Blaze or Clive Burr or maybe even Janick.

What about Paul Dianno?

I don't see Steve accepting it without Janick and Clive.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5101 on: February 10, 2021, 06:45:51 PM »
I kind of hope they get voted in and Bruce says something about how stupid the RnR HOF is and that they are honored by the fans but do not accept due to the hall being a joke for representing Rock n Roll.  If it were named the music HOF, fine no argument, but this HOF has lost credibility a long time ago for me and Bruce already expressed his opinion.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5102 on: February 10, 2021, 07:19:04 PM »
 I would think Steve Harris gets to decide who to include in. I remember Blondie having a ruckus when excluding certain members. I'm positive it's up to the band to include whoever they want.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5103 on: February 10, 2021, 07:21:09 PM »
I remember Blondie having a ruckus when excluding certain members. I'm positive it's up to the band to include whoever they want.

Oh, is that right? I love Blondie, and I thought they had a stable lineup for their first 6 albums.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5104 on: February 10, 2021, 07:38:28 PM »
I don't remember the exact story, I think Debbie Harry just didn't let some of the other band or ex-band members come on stage and perform with her or something. I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, just remember reading that it caused a scene.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5105 on: February 10, 2021, 07:53:11 PM »
I kind of hope they get voted in and Bruce says something about how stupid the RnR HOF is and that they are honored by the fans but do not accept due to the hall being a joke for representing Rock n Roll. 

Why be a dick about it though? Either say "We cannot accept this due to reasons x, y, and z" or "Thank you for this recognition." No need to trash the place. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #5106 on: February 10, 2021, 07:54:47 PM »
If I were Steve, I wouldn't trust Bruce to make the speech.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5107 on: February 10, 2021, 08:11:56 PM »
Axl didn't attend the induction, I'm sure Bruce could do the same should he choose to.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #5108 on: February 10, 2021, 09:31:48 PM »
No induction to the RRHOF was more depressing than Van Halen's. Only Sammy and Michael Anthony showed up, and they performed horrible versions of VH songs with Velvet Revolver and some other aberration.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5109 on: February 11, 2021, 01:04:30 AM »
If I were Steve, I wouldn't trust Bruce to make the speech.

Do we know if in the HOF committee there's someone prone to launch eggs?
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!