Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 571908 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #4725 on: September 25, 2020, 08:40:41 PM »
and the Puerto Allegre show is also very good.

I watched the shit out of that show when it first appeared. Pretty sure I have a copy on DVD. It is indeed awesome.

And I've said it many times before, but the video footage of Death On The Road is the most glorious footage of the band ever shot. Too bad, I can't watch more than a couple songs at a time without having a damn seizure.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4726 on: September 25, 2020, 09:39:23 PM »
I'll have to check out this Puerto show.  Don't think I've seen it.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4727 on: September 26, 2020, 06:33:37 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv2LtoZrGdE
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4728 on: September 27, 2020, 03:55:52 AM »

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4729 on: September 28, 2020, 01:01:13 PM »
While you're all discussing live albums, don't mind me as I casually drop by this Trooper "duel" between the acoustic guitar of Thomas Zwijsen (that guy that does all things acoustic on YouTube) and the electric guitar of Nita Strauss (Alice Cooper).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXjsXNWyZ1E
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #4730 on: September 28, 2020, 01:56:53 PM »
Wonder if the band are doing anything.... Been silent all lockdown. But then, they're not a chatty band.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4731 on: September 28, 2020, 02:02:10 PM »
Wonder if the band are doing anything.... Been silent all lockdown. But then, they're not a chatty band.

There are those that believe their next album has been in the can for a year already.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4732 on: September 28, 2020, 09:57:52 PM »
They've still got dates scheduled for the Legacy tour. Middle of 2021 they're in Europe, and I believe the land of Oz.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4733 on: September 29, 2020, 01:20:08 AM »
They've still got dates scheduled for the Legacy tour. Middle of 2021 they're in Europe, and I believe the land of Oz.

I hope. I wonder if they're already thinking of a plan B. I know that the guys are filthy rich and they can live off royalties for the rest of their life, but it sucks that we're getting robbed of the last years of their carrer by the pandemic.

In a Covid free world, we'd just be talking about the pointless third leg of the Legacy of the Beast tour (who am I kidding, I would have gone and seen it, and I mean SEEN it, I saw the show in a flat arena and saw more through the camera than with my own eyes, the other show would have been in a place with slopes where I could actually SEE everything) and discussing the info we have about the new album - if it wasn't already released by now.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 07:03:59 AM by MirrorMask »
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #4734 on: September 29, 2020, 03:31:00 AM »

Porto Alegre.

Rumor has it that Maiden will soon announce a live show recorded in Mexico during the Legacy of the Beast tour.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4735 on: September 29, 2020, 07:01:23 AM »
I had been kicking around a little "Legacy of the Stadler Tour" of my own next summer, going to Slovakia, Poland, and hopefully the Czech Republic, Austria, and the Ukraine (if I could swing immigration), where my families are from.   I was going to coordinate it so that I could see Maiden while there.   Those plans are, for obvious reasons, up in the air.   

Offline ShadowWalker

« Reply #4736 on: September 29, 2020, 08:04:26 AM »
Rumor has it that Maiden will soon announce a live show recorded in Mexico during the Legacy of the Beast tour.

Eh... I would buy it because I have everything else they have done, but I doubt it would get very many spins beyond the initial one. It was a great tour, one that I saw four shows of, but considering almost everything, I believe, appears on previous live releases (and most likely in better versions), this one really is redundant.

Now if they finally put out the the "A Matter of the Beast" show that was recorded so we can get some more live versions from AMOLAD, that would have me a lot more excited.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4737 on: September 29, 2020, 08:19:38 AM »
Didn't they actually record Donington but scrapped it because it was too dark or whatever?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4738 on: September 29, 2020, 08:21:26 AM »

Porto Alegre.

Obviously I'd be interested in such a thing, but I know they didn't film it. It'd have to be a live album and not a video, which is odd nowadays.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline ShadowWalker

« Reply #4739 on: September 29, 2020, 09:12:46 AM »

Porto Alegre.

Obviously I'd be interested in such a thing, but I know they didn't film it. It'd have to be a live album and not a video, which is odd nowadays.

They did stream the Rock n Rio performance. As a pro-shot, that could be released.

And the Book Of Souls: Live Chapter was a live album only with no DVD/Blu-ray companion. So it is not out of the realm of possibilities...

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4740 on: September 29, 2020, 10:00:16 AM »

Porto Alegre.

They did stream the Rock n Rio performance. As a pro-shot, that could be released.

And the Book Of Souls: Live Chapter was a live album only with no DVD/Blu-ray companion. So it is not out of the realm of possibilities...

If memory serves, there was a limited time, download only video version of The Book Of Souls: Live Chapter.  I don't know any details, like whether the performances are the same or not, but it DOES exist.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4741 on: September 29, 2020, 01:49:04 PM »

Porto Alegre.

If memory serves, there was a limited time, download only video version of The Book Of Souls: Live Chapter.  I don't know any details, like whether the performances are the same or not, but it DOES exist.
Yep, there does appear to be such a thing on YT. The same seizure inducing video we always see. Interestingly, every song was from a different venue, so it seems they're just using their own in-house video production. Perhaps they got all the footage they needed from the Mexico gigs without a bunch of cameras all over the place. Man, I'd love to see a pro-shot video from those three nights.
E.F. Benson

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #4742 on: September 30, 2020, 01:23:50 PM »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Lupton

« Reply #4743 on: September 30, 2020, 03:43:35 PM »
A little update from Bruce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voG5iJTpPpo&ab_channel=IronMaiden

So cool. Feeling slightly down today. Just listening to Bruce's reassurances lifted my spirits considerably. I feel much better. Thank you Bruce! And thanks to you sir for posting this.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4744 on: September 30, 2020, 03:47:33 PM »
I don't know what I like better, the pinball machine or the shirt.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4745 on: September 30, 2020, 03:52:32 PM »
Very cool, but he seems so old now and it's sad.  I can't wait to see IM again and I'm so happy I took the trip to see them a 3rd time in Connecticut last summer.  I hope it won't be the last time, but if it ends up being the end, at least I can know I saw them with all my abilities.  Granted, none of that video leads you to believe it's the end, but who knows what will happen, who knows their health and who knows whether they will ever come back to the US. I'll be there if they do.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4746 on: September 30, 2020, 04:30:34 PM »
Cool vid.  Great to hear they are keen to get back to business!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4747 on: September 30, 2020, 04:31:34 PM »
Very cool, but he seems so old now and it's sad.  I can't wait to see IM again and I'm so happy I took the trip to see them a 3rd time in Connecticut last summer.  I hope it won't be the last time, but if it ends up being the end, at least I can know I saw them with all my abilities.  Granted, none of that video leads you to believe it's the end, but who knows what will happen, who knows their health and who knows whether they will ever come back to the US. I'll be there if they do.

Unfortunately, no one can escape Father Time.  I thought he was looking great personally.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4748 on: September 30, 2020, 04:35:19 PM »
I appreciate the update.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4749 on: September 30, 2020, 04:37:48 PM »

For me it's the shirt. I think I'll buy one.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4750 on: September 30, 2020, 04:39:40 PM »

Nice! :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4751 on: September 30, 2020, 05:02:00 PM »

Outstanding.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #4752 on: September 30, 2020, 06:05:17 PM »
That's a nice shirt indeed.  $55.00 though..... and I don't know if we need to pay more for shipping......

Online The Realm

« Reply #4753 on: September 30, 2020, 06:29:05 PM »
All this talk about the shirt and the pinball machine - what about the hair! Yes, its grey but its long! Of course Bruce is getting older but he looks really fit and in good spirits to me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4754 on: September 30, 2020, 08:39:18 PM »
All this talk about the shirt and the pinball machine - what about the hair! Yes, its grey but its long! Of course Bruce is getting older but he looks really fit and in good spirits to me.

I'm envious of his hair.  ;D

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4755 on: October 01, 2020, 03:54:26 AM »
what about the hair! Yes, its grey but its long!

Love the way he's absolutely owning the grey. That's the way to do it.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4756 on: October 01, 2020, 04:05:43 AM »
Bruce reassuring that there's more Iron Maiden to come is what the world needs right now.

I'm midly curious about what he means that "he's working with Steve Harris" on something... not the guys, but Steve specifically. And why the most obvious answer, new album - he said they're writing anyway - would need to specify he's working with Steve Harris? maybe he's editing / producing or whatever the rumored Legacy of the Beast video release.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4757 on: October 01, 2020, 05:15:30 AM »
Bruce reassuring that there's more Iron Maiden to come is what the world needs right now.

I'm midly curious about what he means that "he's working with Steve Harris" on something... not the guys, but Steve specifically. And why the most obvious answer, new album - he said they're writing anyway - would need to specify he's working with Steve Harris? maybe he's editing / producing or whatever the rumored Legacy of the Beast video release.

Yeah, I thought some sort of live release.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4758 on: October 01, 2020, 05:33:26 AM »
That's a nice shirt indeed.  $55.00 though..... and I don't know if we need to pay more for shipping......

$55.00 isn't bad. The shipping was only $5.00. That's actually really good.

I think Amazon Prime is spoiling us.  :)
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4759 on: October 01, 2020, 08:16:34 AM »
Officially announced! new Maiden live album recorded in Mexico!!!

https://www.ironmaiden.com/news/article/iron-maiden-live-album-coming-november-20th

Their most spectacular, theatrical and scenic tour ever....... and they release the audio from it. Sounds legit.  ::)

(But I believe the rationale is "if people can watch it from their living room they won't come to watch it in person next year").