Author Topic: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls  (Read 569073 times)

fadetoblackdude7 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The Iron Maiden Thread v. The Merge of Souls
« Reply #3185 on: November 11, 2017, 05:02:03 PM »
Wasn't able to watch, but why the hell aren't they releasing this as a DVD if they have it filmed and edited? Would love that way more than just a live cd

I believe they are releasing a digital version for purchase.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #3186 on: November 12, 2017, 05:14:54 AM »
Wasn't able to watch, but why the hell aren't they releasing this as a DVD if they have it filmed and edited? Would love that way more than just a live cd

For those who didn't saw, it's still on Maiden's YouTube page:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRU2avjNU0Y&feature=share
Really AWESOME!!! Yes, there 's some fast editing, but the performances and audio quality are INCREDIBLE 🤘🤘🤘
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline devieira73

« Reply #3187 on: November 12, 2017, 06:04:52 AM »
Well, on eternity... there's footage from different nights: look at Adrian' guitars. I think it's something a bit distracting and also take away a bit the the experience of watching a live performance. But, in terms of the overall quality of the video, it's a minor flaw.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3188 on: November 12, 2017, 06:27:12 AM »
You noticed the footage is from different nights from Adrian's guitars? I noticed it from the crowd shots that are literally going from outdoors to indoors to a giant carousel wheel at Donington  ;D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline devieira73

« Reply #3189 on: November 12, 2017, 07:09:40 AM »
You mean, this all happens on eternity... ?!  :o :D :D :D

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3190 on: November 12, 2017, 07:17:50 AM »
I'm most likely not buying the digital download. I hate the different shows within the same song editing.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline devieira73

« Reply #3191 on: November 12, 2017, 09:10:08 AM »
Me too, but, when they show the correct footage, it's excellent!
On flight 666, Maiden did it the right way, why they changed that?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3192 on: November 12, 2017, 09:16:28 AM »
Been watching a bit here and there since I woke up, even made my gf watch it too  :lol  While I would pay for this on blu-ray, it seems clear why they went for a streaming route for video and only audio in physical form.  The audio seems solid and the performances are great, but it seems like the video footage isn't the best.  Just not the greatest shots, seems more like the footage you watch on the big screen at their show, not a professional crew filming the show like En Vivo.  Flight 666 had the crew fly with them for shooting each concert so that's why it was done much better.  While as a die hard, I wish they had filmed one show well and released that on blu-ray similar to En Vivo, I can't complain with a free video.

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #3193 on: November 12, 2017, 02:42:03 PM »
Sounds amazing! To my ears, it's a lot better than The Book of Souls studio album. The rhythm guitars are fuller and less muddy, you can actually hear all three of them, the drums are way more punchy (on the studio album, both the kick and the ride cymbal are way too low). One of those rare instances where live>studio. Already bought the pre-order.

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3194 on: November 12, 2017, 03:57:15 PM »
Sounds amazing! To my ears, it's a lot better than The Book of Souls studio album. The rhythm guitars are fuller and less muddy, you can actually hear all three of them, the drums are way more punchy (on the studio album, both the kick and the ride cymbal are way too low). One of those rare instances where live>studio. Already bought the pre-order.

You can hear the keyboard loudly at some parts as well.  Definitely sounds really good and different than the album.

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #3195 on: November 12, 2017, 05:03:40 PM »

You can hear the keyboard loudly at some parts as well.  Definitely sounds really good and different than the album.
Yeah, gotta suck to have to play those backstsge, but they really enhance those parts. The keyboard line in the Red and the Black is absolutely awesome.

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3196 on: November 13, 2017, 02:50:18 AM »
Maiden's website is down / very hard to access since an hour or so, and I'm reading on other pages how festivals are announcing concerts at 14:00.

The suspence is unbearable  :corn
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #3197 on: November 13, 2017, 04:12:44 AM »
Maiden's website is down / very hard to access since an hour or so, and I'm reading on other pages how festivals are announcing concerts at 14:00.

The suspence is unbearable  :corn

Are you sure it's an announcement about tour dates, and not something else? I could be wrong, and I don't know for sure, but it seems like the "13.11.17" tease could maybe be something more?

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3198 on: November 13, 2017, 04:20:20 AM »
The time is right to announce 2018 tourdates, furthermore on the Maidenfans forum someone who is acknowlegded as being an insider of the touring business simply replied "tour dates" when someone asked what the announcement was about.

If it's just a new beer I'll be underwhelmed  :D

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #3199 on: November 13, 2017, 06:12:05 AM »
Yes they're coming to the biggest rock festival in Sweden this summer, will be my first festival in years!

More dates are announced!

Iron Maiden Announce Legacy Of The Beast European Tour 2018!

May
26     Saku Arena, Tallinn, ESTONIA *
28     Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, FINLAND *

June
01    Tele2 Arena, Stockholm, SWEDEN *
03    Dahls Arena, Trondheim Rocks, NORWAY
05    Royal Arena, Copenhagen, DENMARK *
07    Sweden Rock Festival, Solvesborg, SWEDEN
09    Rockavaria, Königsplatz, Munich, GERMANY
10    Expo Plaza, Hannover, GERMANY *
13    Waldbuhne, Berlin, GERMANY *
16    Firenze Rocks, ITALY
17    Novarock Festival, Nickelsdorf, AUSTRIA
20    Letnany Airport, Prague, CZECH REPUBLIC *
22    Graspop, Dessel, BELGIUM
24    Hellfest, Clisson, FRANCE
26    Geneva Arena, Geneva, SWITZERLAND *
28    Volt Festival, Sopron, HUNGARY
30    Messegelaende, Freiburg, GERMANY *

July
01    Gelredome, Arnhem, HOLLAND *
05    AccorsHotel Arena, Paris, FRANCE
09    San Siro Ippodromo, Milan, ITALY
10    Hallenstadion, Zurich, SWITZERLAND
13    Altice Arena, Lisbon, PORTUGAL
14    Wanda Metropolitano Stadium, Madrid, SPAIN
17    Piazza Dellà Unita D'Italia, Trieste, ITALY
20    Rockwave Festival, Athens, GREECE
22     Hills Of Rock, Plovdiv, BULGARIA
24    Zagreb arena, Zagreb, CROATIA
27    Tauron Arena, Krakow, POLAND
31    Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle, ENGLAND *

August
02    SSE Arena, Belfast, NORTHERN IRELAND *
04    Exhibition & Conference Centre, Aberdeen, SCOTLAND *
06    Manchester Arena, Manchester, ENGLAND *
07    Genting arena, Birmingham, ENGLAND *
10    O2 Arena, London, ENGLAND *

(No further countries will be added to this touring schedule).

Most shows go on-sale Friday 24th November. Pre-sales start Monday 20th November. We’ll keep you updated!

*Special Guest will be Killswitch Engage
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3200 on: November 13, 2017, 06:25:35 AM »
Enjoyed it but it’s another Steve Harris trademarked epilepsy inducing edit 😱

I got half way through Eternity and couldn't believe how utterly appalling some of the edits were. Has he learned nothing over the years?

Also noticed - as did others - the number of times Adrian's guitar changed from a Les Paul to a strat to a Les Paul to a strat to a Les Paul to a strat to a Les Paul to a strat etc just during the half of Eternity I had the patience to sit through.

Amazing they've released the footage for free but good god, it still should have been subjected to at least a modicum of quality control.
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3201 on: November 13, 2017, 06:27:41 AM »
They play my hometown, one subway stop away from where I work  :hefdaddy :metal it sucks that it's a monday, I could go early to Florence since it's a saturday and it's well due that I visit the town once again, but I guess seeing them here where I live without the need to travel and sleep away from home it's a bonus.

Online faizoff

« Reply #3202 on: November 13, 2017, 07:13:04 AM »
Just read up that there is no Bluray/DVD release of the new live album, only digital video release. That's disappointing. Hope the CD is mixed well, not sure I'll get the book edition though.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #3203 on: November 13, 2017, 07:34:31 AM »
August
02    SSE Arena, Belfast, NORTHERN IRELAND *

OK, well that's just made my day..  :metal

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3204 on: November 13, 2017, 07:38:42 AM »
The only downside is that the tour will "extend into 2019"... that probably kills the hope for a Gimme the Ed style tour, with a summer of classics being only the prelude to another new album tour. We'll see, Kevin Shirley was reported to have said to have studio time ahead of him.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3205 on: November 13, 2017, 01:35:52 PM »
Well, fuck. There might be some travel expenses in my future come June.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3206 on: November 13, 2017, 02:44:10 PM »

I was thinking the same when i saw this, but was looking more at that last UK date as a potential travel show... but if more dates to be announced in 2019, then I think IM may bring the show to the US and I'll just have to wait.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3207 on: November 13, 2017, 03:51:32 PM »

I was thinking the same when i saw this, but was looking more at that last UK date as a potential travel show... but if more dates to be announced in 2019, then I think IM may bring the show to the US and I'll just have to wait.
UK isn't really one of my desired destinations, and I'd definitely rather go in June than August. I was knocking around a trip in May, and depending on who else announces a Spring tour it might work out that I wait until June. Moreover, most of the countries I was knocking around visiting are well represented there, so I'd have a great deal of flexibility to catch a couple. My concern is working out solo dates rather than festivals, which no longer interest me much. Also, some of the venues look really cool.

Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3208 on: November 13, 2017, 05:24:35 PM »
Yea, as much as I'd love to attend say Wacken, a festival gig is just a lot, I'd rather find a nice arena to see them too.  I figured seeing them in their home might be cool though.  I am very unlikely to go to any of them though.  Hoping the tour makes its way to the US next year.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3209 on: November 14, 2017, 06:55:16 AM »
I'm not sure why exactly, but I'd love to see a show in Germany.   Any band.   I was in Munich back in '98, '99 and Genesis was playing with Ray, and I didn't go and am still kicking myself on that one.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3210 on: November 14, 2017, 07:02:12 AM »
I'm not sure why exactly, but I'd love to see a show in Germany.   Any band.   I was in Munich back in '98, '99 and Genesis was playing with Ray, and I didn't go and am still kicking myself on that one.

I'd be kicking myself if I went to that show...

:neverusethis:

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3211 on: November 14, 2017, 07:04:56 AM »
Just woke up from a dream where I sang for Iron Maiden for reasons either I didn't know at the time or don't remember after waking up. The worst part is that the set list was a bunch of lesser known songs that I, in realty, don't know the lyrics to, so in the dream I had to go through the lyrics in the CD booklet prior to the show, and even wanted a teleprompter until I realized the fans wouldn't have appreciated that.

And no back to your regularly scheduled discussion.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Art

« Reply #3212 on: November 14, 2017, 07:59:56 AM »
Just woke up from a dream where I sang for Iron Maiden for reasons either I didn't know at the time or don't remember after waking up. The worst part is that the set list was a bunch of lesser known songs that I, in realty, don't know the lyrics to, so in the dream I had to go through the lyrics in the CD booklet prior to the show, and even wanted a teleprompter until I realized the fans wouldn't have appreciated that.

And no back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

:lol :lol :lol

Online Mladen

« Reply #3213 on: November 14, 2017, 08:03:51 AM »
I'm slighty underwhelmed by the news. The Legacy of the beast tour looks like a cheap excuse to pull off another 80s heavy set, which rules out the reunion focused setlist I was keeping my fingers crossed for. No new album in sight neither. I'll make sure I attend one of the dates, though.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:04:40 AM by Mladen »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #3214 on: November 14, 2017, 08:07:25 AM »
Yea, as much as I'd love to attend say Wacken, a festival gig is just a lot, I'd rather find a nice arena to see them too.  I figured seeing them in their home might be cool though.  I am very unlikely to go to any of them though.  Hoping the tour makes its way to the US next year.

As much as I love watching videos from festival shows, the idea of actually going to one doesn't appeal to me either.  HOWEVER, I have to think that seeing Maiden in a crowd that huge would be the experience of a lifetime.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3215 on: November 14, 2017, 08:24:14 AM »
I saw Metallica in Hamburg and the crowd was honestly pretty underwhelming. I was expecting crazy shit and they were all really quiet and well behaved. Had I been on the floor I'd have been at the barricade by the second song, and they'd have all thought me a barbarian. They were friendly as hell, though, and it's a damned civilized place to see a show. I love any venue that'll sell you a walking beer after the show ends.

As much as I love watching videos from festival shows, the idea of actually going to one doesn't appeal to me either.  HOWEVER, I have to think that seeing Maiden in a crowd that huge would be the experience of a lifetime.
I've got my eye on the Prague show which appears to be at an airport. Looks to accommodate 80k, but without all the hassle of being a 3 day festival out in the middle of nowhere. Seeing something like WOA looks like far more work than fun. 
E.F. Benson

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3216 on: November 14, 2017, 08:25:46 AM »
I've been to Wacken twice and I can only imagine what it's like to see the best heavy metal band in the capital of heavy metal. It's the equivalent of the Mecca for muslims.

I've seen Maiden at other large festivals however, I would have enjoyed it more if I was 5 cm taller  :lol I'm of average height so everyone is either tall as me, or taller than me. I've seen more of Maiden England through my camera held up than with my own eyes damn!

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3217 on: November 14, 2017, 10:55:10 AM »

I've got my eye on the Prague show which appears to be at an airport. Looks to accommodate 80k, but without all the hassle of being a 3 day festival out in the middle of nowhere. Seeing something like WOA looks like far more work than fun.

Yea, WOA is really big and long festival, but I think it could be something worth seeing once as a huge metal fan, also that festival being so big you are likely to see many bands you like compared to the smaller festivals.  I think they have a campgrounds where you can just rent out an RV or something for the weekend and that would be the route I'd need to go.  I don't think I can do my own camping and be happy for a weekend  :lol

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #3218 on: November 14, 2017, 08:39:24 PM »
I saw them headline Wacken in 2016 and it was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.  even having seen them do the same show in new york  earlier that year, being 10 people back from the stage in a sea of 90 thousand metalheads was an incredible experience  :metal

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #3219 on: November 15, 2017, 01:14:45 AM »
My record at Wacken was fourth row, when Rage (german heavy metal band) played with an orchestra. It was beyond awesome. Standing so close for the mighty Maiden would be even more magical  :metal

Hell, I'd probably be crushed, but I'd love to see *any* Maiden show from the front row. I can only imagine what it's like to be right there with nothing (except a security guy) between you and Steve Harris looking at you in the eye while you're both singing along  :metal