Author Topic: Kanye West smh  (Read 30811 times)

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Re: Kanye West smh
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2015, 04:44:21 PM »
EDIT: The Taylor Swift thing was more than 5 years ago? Holy crap.
Douchebaggery really affects that rear view mirror perspective. 

What is even funnier is that Taylor Swift's entire career feels less than 5 years old.
Nah, I remember getting a rubber ducky signed by her at the beginning of high school, when she was still playing dinky little county fairs in the middle of nowhere in Kansas.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2015, 05:29:46 PM »
Beck's response to Kanye:

"I was just so excited he was coming up," he told US Weekly during the Universal Music Group after-party. "[West] deserves to be onstage as much as anybody. How many great records has he put out in the last five years, right?"

"I thought she was going to win. Come on, she's Beyonce! . . . You can't please everybody, man. I still love [West] and think he's genius. I aspire to do what he does."

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/beck-responds-to-kanye-grammy-diss-i-thought-beyonce-was-going-to-win-20150209
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2015, 05:38:26 PM »
I love his music....Doesn't mean I like him as a person.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2015, 05:44:25 PM »
Why is Kanye so obsessed with Beyonce anyway?

Also, that Beck album is pretty awesome.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2015, 06:27:49 PM »
Kanye is gonna get fucked by Zenu.

Calvin6s

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2015, 07:50:22 PM »
Beck's response to Kanye:

"I was just so excited he was coming up," he told US Weekly during the Universal Music Group after-party. "[West] deserves to be onstage as much as anybody. How many great records has he put out in the last five years, right?"

"I thought she was going to win. Come on, she's Beyonce! . . . You can't please everybody, man. I still love [West] and think he's genius. I aspire to do what he does."

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/beck-responds-to-kanye-grammy-diss-i-thought-beyonce-was-going-to-win-20150209

Yes.  That only makes Kanye's move look more pathetic. 

The most laughable part is Kanye brings up artistry.  Even people that don't like Beck respect him as an "artist".

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2015, 07:59:10 PM »
Why is Kanye so obsessed with Beyonce anyway?

I'm sure it goes deeper than this but he did bring up being up against white artists as a reason why she may have lost.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2015, 08:13:30 PM »
The Grammy's does not care about black people.

I'm sure he'd say it like that too judging by his grammar skills in that article.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2015, 10:43:49 PM »
It really baffles me how anyone can still appreciate his music at this point. The one time I did try listening to him, I had to turn it off after about five or ten minutes because I couldn’t get past the fact that I was listening to the same specimen of human sludge who pulls shit like this time and time again.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2015, 10:51:47 PM »
It really baffles me how anyone can still appreciate his music at this point. The one time I did try listening to him, I had to turn it off after about five or ten minutes because I couldn’t get past the fact that I was listening to the same specimen of human sludge who pulls shit like this time and time again.
Calling him human sludge when there's people like Burzum who are actually racist pieces of shit is hilarious. Yeah he's an asshole, but unless he's out their murdering little puppies, I can look past the fact that he's an ass and just enjoy the music.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2015, 11:00:36 PM »
“As long as he ain’t the absolute worst mankind has to offer, he’s fine by me”.

I guess I just have a pretty low threshold for this kind of thing.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2015, 11:05:08 PM »

If we started boycotting every asshole out there, there wouldn't be much left to entertain us I reckon. So what he's an asshole who says some silly things Beck shrugged it off so why everybody has to circle jerk about it I just don't get it.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2015, 11:55:52 PM »
Kiss’ Paul Stanley said “Beck should’ve kicked ‎Kanye right in the nuts last night and said Get the f--- off MY stage!”  :tup
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2015, 11:59:40 PM »
Calling him human sludge when there's people like Burzum who are actually racist pieces of shit is hilarious. Yeah he's an asshole, but unless he's out their murdering little puppies, I can look past the fact that he's an ass and just enjoy the music.
Hell, I don't mind Lie: The Love and Terror Cult, so I think I can officially say I don't really have much of a threshold for that stuff. :P Music is music. I always try to separate artist from art.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2015, 12:22:01 AM »
Kiss’ Paul Stanley said “Beck should’ve kicked ‎Kanye right in the nuts last night and said Get the f--- off MY stage!”  :tup

Beck must really love MBDTF ;D
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2015, 12:31:16 AM »
Hell, I don't mind Lie: The Love and Terror Cult, so I think I can officially say I don't really have much of a threshold for that stuff. :P Music is music. I always try to separate artist from art.

I'm pretty much in line with this. He's an undeniable asshat, and totally deserves to be called out for it, but that's no reason to shit on his music for it.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2015, 02:50:11 AM »

If we started boycotting every asshole out there, there wouldn't be much left to entertain us I reckon. So what he's an asshole who says some silly things Beck shrugged it off so why everybody has to circle jerk about it I just don't get it.
What circle jerk? He acted like a douche following a very major public event, and people are commenting on it. What else would you expect?

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2015, 04:47:19 AM »
I wish Kanye could actually see how much of a fucking idiot he is.  Trying to school Beck on artistic integrity is like trying to show Bill Gates how to use Windows 95.

Kanye made two classic, influential hip-hop albums in College Dropout and MBDTF but he's such a stupid, narcissistic, colossus of a cunt that a lot of people don't want to give a shit about his music.  He's his own worst enemy.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2015, 06:41:11 AM »
If i was Beck I'd just be super nice about the whole thing.

A. It makes Kanye look even worse.

B. I'd know that I'm the superior musician.

;D

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2015, 06:43:26 AM »

What circle jerk? He acted like a douche following a very major public event, and people are commenting on it. What else would you expect?
This.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2015, 07:14:28 AM »

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2015, 07:57:43 AM »
So is this the same Beck that had that song, Loser?

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2015, 07:59:05 AM »
Yep
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2015, 08:43:03 AM »

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2015, 08:52:51 AM »
If i was Beck I'd just be super nice about the whole thing.

A. It makes Kanye look even worse.

B. I'd know that I'm the superior musician.

;D

He was actually.  You should check out his response.  He was a lot nicer than I would have been.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2015, 08:54:36 AM »
Yes I saw it :)

That's what I would have done. You come off looking like the bigger man. Even if you only respond like that to appear like the more professional one -

it's Win / Win.   :biggrin:

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2015, 08:59:19 AM »
Yes I saw it :)

That's what I would have done. You come off looking like the bigger man. Even if you only respond like that to appear like the more professional one -

it's Win / Win.   :biggrin:

He does come off looking like the bigger man.  I guess I have issues holding my true feelings in if somebody irritates me.   :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2015, 09:02:45 AM »
Yes but even if he knew that he would look like the bigger man and that was his only reason for saying it - it's still win/win.

Like - if I was in a famous band - and someone came up to me in the street and went " your band is shit  :angry: "

I'd just go " Oh Thanks very much :) " .

Then what ? They will be expecting you to go on the offensive and won't be expecting it and will have no more ammo :lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2015, 09:07:14 AM »
Yes but even if he knew that he would look like the bigger man and that was his only reason for saying it - it's still win/win.

Like - if I was in a famous band - and someone came up to me in the street and went " your band is shit  :angry: "

I'd just go " Oh Thanks very much :) " .

Then what ? They will be expecting you to go on the offensive and won't be expecting it and will have no more ammo :lol

If I was in a band and someone came up to me and said that, I would probably be like "oh yeah, where's  your band?"

But I'm a wise-ass so that can't be helped.   :lol

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2015, 09:08:27 AM »

I know this is subjective, but there's a reason it seems inescapable to me with Kanye West.

Mingus was an angry bastard, and once punched one of his trombone players in the face and broke the guy's tooth, crippling his playing ability. But a) when I listen to Mingus, he's playing bass and piano. His fist isn't coming flying out of my speakers. And b) his emotional and mental imbalance was something that deeply troubled him, he saw a psychiatrist about it.

Miles Davis said a lot of pretty racist things. But a) I put on his albums, and he's blowing into a trumpet and never says a word. And b) for an apparently racist jazz bandleader in the 50s/60s/70s, he freely surrounded himself with and befriended a fair few white guys.

Ultimately, when you put on a Kanye album, a) the centrepiece is that very same voice that we've heard saying ridiculous shit, about which b) he shows no remorse that I'm aware of beyond a few token publicity apologies. The degree to which I can create a distance between the artist and the art, and the degree to which I feel I should even try, is hugely reduced.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2015, 09:10:03 AM »
I love that story about Kanye yelling at a guy in the crowd at one of his gigs - but his mic had the auto tune on so it sounded hilarious.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2015, 09:11:53 AM »
I love that story about Kanye yelling at a guy in the crowd at one of his gigs - but his mic had the auto tune on so it sounded hilarious.

:lol   Is there a video for that?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2015, 09:14:14 AM »

:lol   Is there a video for that?

To be honest i've never looked. I've just heard about it. :)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2015, 09:16:22 AM »
Since there idoesn't appear to be a Grammy thread (I could start one, but meh), I just wanted to offer that I'm appalled that Tenacious D won best metal performance.  That was a complete abortion of a classic Dio tune.  With a f*cking recorder solo, to boot.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2015, 09:17:43 AM »
Tenacious D are fucking shit.

FUCKING. SHIT.