Author Topic: Kanye West smh  (Read 30795 times)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Kanye West smh
« Reply #210 on: March 05, 2015, 02:15:51 AM »
Looks like Kanye has some competition - Cristiano Ronaldo sends a hair stylist once a month to fix the hair on his statue at the Madrid Wax Museum  :lol   These guys.........
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #211 on: March 05, 2015, 04:59:40 AM »
Vanity, arrogance. Two of the worst traits a person can have in my opinion.

Along with just being inconsiderate towards other people.

I try not to be any of those things. Probably going to the other extremes where I dismiss myself and any achievements I may actually have.

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #212 on: March 05, 2015, 11:06:30 AM »
Love the studio version of All Day. Oh, and Yeezus is a much better album than MBDTF. Yes, there are like 3-4 stellar tracks on it, but also a couple of really bad ones.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #213 on: March 05, 2015, 12:01:23 PM »
Yeah I prefer Yeezus. If not just for New Slaves. Absolutely adore that song. As a whole though I'm not too big on Kanye.

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
« Reply #214 on: March 05, 2015, 01:31:04 PM »
If not just for New Slaves. Absolutely adore that song.

Yes! And I don't know why, but the song cracks me up every time I hear it. Around the middle there's a verse (they throwin' hate at me) where you can instantly hear that he used another (worse sounding) microphone just for that part, it's hilarious.

Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #215 on: March 05, 2015, 01:55:04 PM »
I thought Yeezus was a bit disappointing, especially after MBDTF (his masterpiece imo).

Still, thumbs up for not resting on his laurels, as usually.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:00:20 PM by Outcrier »
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #216 on: March 05, 2015, 02:31:01 PM »
Love the studio version of All Day. Oh, and Yeezus is a much better album than MBDTF. Yes, there are like 3-4 stellar tracks on it, but also a couple of really bad ones.

I could do without Hell of a Life and Gorgeous, but overall Yeezus has far more weaker tracks than MBDTF to my ears.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #217 on: March 05, 2015, 03:57:23 PM »
I'm not keen on Yeezus myself, or MBDTF for that matter. Kanye's brilliance lied in The College Dropout and Late Registration for me.

Calvin6s

« Reply #218 on: March 05, 2015, 04:29:51 PM »
In all honesty, I don't get the Kanye is brilliant thing.  I'm not saying he isn't good at what he does, just that it doesn't speak to me at all.  When he starts singing, I cringe.

I did a spot check on the best album of the past 25 years, and didn't really hear anything that excited me or was all that groundbreaking.

But I don't like to just write things off.  I always feel like I gave up right before Track 8 and track 8 was the mindblower.

So any Kanye fans want to offer the forum the top 5 Kanye songs?  I can google that, but DTF probably has tastes that are closer to the forum and therefore more likely to make a hit.

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #219 on: March 05, 2015, 05:01:59 PM »
I thought Yeezus was a bit disappointing, especially after MBDTF (his masterpiece imo).

If there's one thing you can admire about him it's the fact each of his albums has a different aesthetic.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 05:39:58 PM by LieLowTheWantedMan »

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #220 on: March 05, 2015, 05:35:55 PM »

If there's one things you can admire about him it's the fact each of his albums has a different aesthetic.

Definitely, and I think that's a part of the reason he gets the praise he deserves.  He manages to re-invent the game (at least in the mainstream sense) with every album. 

So any Kanye fans want to offer the forum the top 5 Kanye songs?  I can google that, but DTF probably has tastes that are closer to the forum and therefore more likely to make a hit.

That's probably one of my favourites off the album too, good choice.  My top 5 are probably all on MBDTF haha.  I really like Hold My Liquor and Blood on the Leaves off of Yeezus though.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #221 on: March 08, 2015, 07:04:16 PM »
My top five (in no particular order):

I'm in It
Diamonds from Sierra Leone (original)
Runaway
Lost in the World
Love Lockdown
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #222 on: March 08, 2015, 08:09:20 PM »
man Black Skin Head is so good. Gotta be top5 for me.

Offline Outcrier

« Reply #223 on: March 08, 2015, 09:11:21 PM »
My top five (in no particular order too):

Street Lights
Jesus Walks
Runaway
Monster
Homecoming
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Calvin6s

« Reply #225 on: March 12, 2015, 06:59:42 PM »
Couldn't even continue reading that article.  Anonymous is a bigger douche than Kanye.  Hopefully, this will turn people on Anonymous.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #226 on: March 12, 2015, 07:02:28 PM »
There's an article?  I just watched the video.  It just felt like a good articulation of what everybody thinks about Kanye, which I haven't seen yet.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #227 on: March 12, 2015, 07:21:55 PM »
Couldn't even continue reading that article.  Anonymous is a bigger douche than Kanye.  Hopefully, this will turn people on Anonymous.

Pretty much agree with this.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #228 on: December 01, 2022, 07:37:51 PM »
Wow.  This forum sure likes to bring up Hitler.

Kayne sure seems to like Hitler.

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #229 on: December 01, 2022, 08:09:38 PM »

He’s clearly seriously mentally ill.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #230 on: December 01, 2022, 08:14:01 PM »

He’s clearly seriously mentally ill.

Probably, but he's also an attention whore and it looks like he's just being controversial for controversials sake. Basically an internet troll, saying edgy shit to keep himself in the spotlight and rile people up.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #231 on: December 01, 2022, 08:45:26 PM »
Frankly, I am sick of people giving him the "he's mentally ill" out. 

How many times over the years does he have to show the world that he is an asshole before people start believing him?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #232 on: December 01, 2022, 09:16:02 PM »

How many times over the years does he have to show the world that he is an asshole before people start believing him?

For sure. All that money and he doesn't help himself?  Then he's fair game.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #233 on: December 02, 2022, 08:18:00 AM »
*waits for Stadler to ask what you mean*
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #234 on: December 02, 2022, 08:28:43 AM »
 :lol

:corn

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #235 on: December 02, 2022, 08:33:00 AM »

So because he has the THOUGHT that Hitler has redeeming qualities....which I'm pretty sure our beloved Mr. Rogers would agree with, we're going to label him an anti-semite and ruin his life?

:P
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #236 on: December 02, 2022, 08:37:26 AM »
No but he does put himself in poor light talking about it.  No common sense.  Add it to the big list of questionable takes and it's easy to see whey people react poorly to him.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #237 on: December 02, 2022, 08:38:34 AM »
No but he does put himself in poor light talking about it.  No common sense.  Add it to the big list of questionable takes and it's easy to see whey people react poorly to him.

Oh I was mostly kidding. I have no idea what hate or lack thereof he has in his heart, but the dude's an idiot if nothing else. Run into a wall a bunch of times and you're going to get hurt.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Harmony

« Reply #238 on: December 02, 2022, 08:41:29 AM »

Just curious on your thought process here though - he has a mental illness.  This is not conjecture.  It is a fact.  He's been diagnosed and spent time in a psychiatric hospital.  He's spoken openly about it.  Others who know him well have spoken about it. 

I get that he is also an asshole.  The two do not have to be mutually exclusive.  And he doesn't deserve an "out" for it but he does deserve to get the help he so obviously needs.  Frankly, I don't think anyone can fix the asshole part.  Severe mental illness and personality disorders can exist in the same person.  The first is treatable...the second, sadly, does not have a good prognosis.

The thing about severe mental illness is that many times when the person is in the midst of a decompensation they don't have the ability to have insight into needing help for it and they continue to make choices that often compound the problem.  That is why treating people with a major mental illness is often very challenging and not something that lay people have a deep understanding about.
Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #239 on: December 02, 2022, 09:12:52 AM »

Oh I was mostly kidding. I have no idea what hate or lack thereof he has in his heart, but the dude's an idiot if nothing else. Run into a wall a bunch of times and you're going to get hurt.

Yup yup.  I tend to gloss over when I see something on him.  No time to delve into that mess. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #240 on: December 02, 2022, 09:31:39 AM »

:lol :lol :lol

Yup yup.  I tend to gloss over when I see something on him.  No time to delve into that mess.

I do most of the time as well, but he has had so many WTF moments this year that it's almost like a car crash that you can't look away from, which I am sure is part of his plan, as he is an attention whore of the highest order.  Even as he dismantles his own reputation, I am sure he is loving the attention he is getting.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #241 on: December 02, 2022, 10:49:23 AM »

Hardy har har.   But I would ask; does having a belief that you don't like make someone an asshole?  That's where I was going when I asked you how you defined that word.  Because that's not how it should work, no matter how abhorrent the belief (since that's subjective).

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #242 on: December 02, 2022, 11:12:07 AM »

Hardy har har.   But I would ask; does having a belief that you don't like make someone an asshole?  That's where I was going when I asked you how you defined that word.  Because that's not how it should work, no matter how abhorrent the belief (since that's subjective).
Goddammit
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #243 on: December 02, 2022, 11:52:15 AM »

Is it like if I were to say All the people spreading the word of Jesus Christ/God are assholes for what they did to my ancestors?

But, I feel that what Kanye was trying to convey is that sure Nazis were bad. But not all of them were, just like how not all of the colonists who came to America were bad people. These people just went along with it, because of various reasons. Just like how we have people going along with current political issues because of various reasons, one could be that no one wants to be on the bad side of history. But yet, we won't know until history conveys this. Which is how we currently view Nazis today as being bad people.

Also Hitler never was always a bad person. There are various things that happened in his life, the consequences ended up making him the bad person he became to be. He was an amazing artist and by being rejected by these institutions, his life path took a turn and this led him to Vienna were his fascination with Karl Lueger took hold and transformed him into the man we know today.

https://www.history.com/news/adolf-hitler-artist-paintings-vienna

This is from Serj Tankian about his song Occupied Tears...

“It’s time to end this misery, known as the Israeli Occupation of Gaza and the West Bank. Occupied Tears, from my solo record Harakiri, was written about this and the hypocrisy of a people who have gone through the horrible atrocities of the Holocaust now serving as occupiers of another people. John Kerry and the US had been placing a lot of pressure to restart the peace negotiations. Hamas and the Palestinian Authority united to negotiate as one. Netenyahu tried to separate them but couldn’t. Eventually the kidnappings served as a political excuse to recapture released Palestinian political prisoners by Israel. Hamas fired rockets in response and Israel got off the hook on having to make permanent peace by invading Gaza and changing the conversation from permanent peace to temporary truce.
One more thing: calls for anti-semitism should never be used to cloak honest discussion of these issues especially here in the US.
Let me know what you think as well.
Peace
Serj”
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #244 on: December 02, 2022, 12:22:22 PM »
I don't follow Kanye to know if he has a mental illness or not, but if Alex Jones looks like the normal person in the conversation, you are doing things wrong  :lol  Seriously though, no one should be giving him a platform.  Asshole, mental health, whatever his issue is, he doesn't deserve to be put in the spotlight not only for his bad takes, but for his own sanity I would think too.  But yeah, ratings and clicks I guess.