Author Topic: Better Call Saul (SPOILERS)  (Read 112869 times)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Better Call Saul (SPOILERS)
« Reply #805 on: April 13, 2020, 07:00:03 PM »
Gotcha. For some reason I thought it was on on Sundays.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #806 on: April 13, 2020, 08:45:26 PM »
I'll need two hours to come down from episode 9.

I think Rhea Seehorn will get her Emmy nomination for this one.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline faizoff

« Reply #807 on: April 13, 2020, 09:32:30 PM »
Holy shit what an episode. I did NOT see that ending coming! It's possibly the best episode of the series so far.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #808 on: April 14, 2020, 07:51:09 AM »
Wow, that ending was tense.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #809 on: April 14, 2020, 08:07:13 AM »
Yep, that was a really good episode.  Kim going off like that was something else, but I shudder to think of what plans are now in Lalo's head.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #810 on: April 14, 2020, 08:29:27 AM »
Wow, you guys have me hyped for viewing it tonight!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #811 on: April 14, 2020, 08:47:33 AM »
Freaking amazin episode!

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #812 on: April 14, 2020, 09:03:07 AM »
Yep, that was a really good episode.  Kim going off like that was something else, but I shudder to think of what plans are now in Lalo's head.

SPOILERS:

I was sure that Lalo was going to try and shoot them......and then Mike was going to waste Lalo.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #813 on: April 14, 2020, 09:39:11 AM »

SPOILERS:

I was sure that Lalo was going to try and shoot them......and then Mike was going to waste Lalo.

My money was on a round through the fish tank as a scare tactic.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #814 on: April 14, 2020, 09:52:20 AM »

SPOILERS:

I was even thinking that since Kim was so close to him and 'in' Mike's shot.....that Lalo was going to shoot/kill Kim.....she'd fall.....then right before he shot Jimmy Mike would have shot Lalo. The way they built the suspense in that scene was incredible.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #815 on: April 14, 2020, 09:59:01 AM »
I think this show along with Breaking Bad has always been amazing in subverting expectations. They set up the scenes with the most obvious conclusions you'd think and sometimes they just go in another direction.

The beauty of this show (and BB) to me is how they film such mundane things like getting coffee or counting money and yet make it so entertaining to watch. Those sequences have payoffs or sometimes they don't but at that point you don't care because of how much joy you get from watching it.

That's why these two shows are on a whole another level.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #816 on: April 14, 2020, 10:09:56 AM »
After Mike's conversation with Gus about Nacho.....I'm not feeling a 'happy ending' for Nacho or his family. Doesn't seem like Gus is to keen on giving up one of his assets and if he had to it's not going to be a 'thanks, have a nice life...see ya' around'.   Nacho is F'd.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #817 on: April 14, 2020, 02:42:22 PM »

SPOILERS:

I was even thinking that since Kim was so close to him and 'in' Mike's shot.....that Lalo was going to shoot/kill Kim.....she'd fall.....then right before he shot Jimmy Mike would have shot Lalo. The way they built the suspense in that scene was incredible.
Pretty sure they did that intentionally to build the tension, and bloody hell was it tense!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #818 on: April 14, 2020, 04:03:55 PM »
So tense. I think i held my breath for a full minute!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #819 on: April 14, 2020, 04:39:19 PM »
Oh man that was intense!   :corn
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #820 on: April 14, 2020, 05:28:56 PM »
I have to admit that I chuckled at a friend's text today that basically said, "In true Better Call Saul fasion, they have an awesome, intense scene where inevitably, nothing happens again!" :lol  This is one of several friends whose main complaint is that the show too often is all build-up and little payoff.  Not saying I agree about the assessment in regards to last night, but it did make me laugh.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #821 on: April 15, 2020, 06:04:52 AM »
What an episode.

Kim's a dead woman.

Tony Dalton (the guy who plays Lalo) is an awesome actor and has become one of my favorite characters in this show.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #822 on: April 15, 2020, 06:28:14 AM »
Is it possible Kim disappears via the vacuum guy? They've got the cash now to make that happen.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #823 on: April 15, 2020, 06:33:04 AM »
Is it possible Kim disappears via the vacuum guy? They've got the cash now to make that happen.

That's possible, yeah, assuming he's in business at this point in that world. Did they ever say how much cash he actually got from the remainder of the bail money? I'm thinking back to the massive bag of cash Jesse and Walt both had to haul, and it didn't look like there was nearly that much money in Saul's bag. Could be wrong though, they were stacks of 100s after all.

I'm wondering now if Vince Gilligan and co. planned to have him in the final season, actually, before he passed. I would love to know when the show wraps what the behind-the-scenes intent was; surely he was on their minds to some degree, especially with how Kim handled herself toward Lalo.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #824 on: April 15, 2020, 06:36:03 AM »
Saul's cut was supposed to be 100k. I'd assume that's how much cash was in the bag.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #825 on: April 15, 2020, 06:42:08 AM »
Saul's cut was supposed to be 100k. I'd assume that's how much cash was in the bag.

Ahh, thank you. Some quick Googling tells me Ed charged 125k for a pickup... so I could totally see that happening.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #826 on: April 15, 2020, 07:02:00 AM »
I guess it all depends on if Kim is a "high risk client who needs the deluxe package." :lol :lol

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #827 on: April 15, 2020, 09:30:37 AM »

That reference scares me

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #828 on: April 18, 2020, 03:50:48 PM »
I finally caught up with this entire season in order to be in time for the finale come Monday. I basically watched all of it in the past week. What a fantastic season this has been so far, but Episode 9 was truly out of this world. I think it might beat 'Chicanery' for the best episode of the entire show so far.

A lot is going to happen in the final episode - already stoked to watch it in a few days - and I think by the end of this series, Nacho, Lalo and Kim aren't going to be around. Kim can get the vacuum treatment, sure, because Jimmy will be asking Mike for advice how to get her out. Her leaving her job is too much of a coincidence in that sense, obviously that would make her disappearance easier.

Lalo is probably going to be toast back in Mexico. Some shit is going to hit the fan there. My bet is that Don Eladio set up the money pick-up to fail, because he doesn't want Lalo back in Mexico (for reasons we don't know) and Lalo is going to see if he can get answers there and probably not accept those answers. Thing is though, Kim was absolutely spot on with her assessment of Lalo - he doesn't have anybody to trust at this point for whatever reason. I don't think Lalo believed Jimmy & Kim, but he has nothing to gain by asking them, so he actually made the smarter move of simply leaving.

Nacho - not sure how it's going to happen, but he's set up for failure at some point. He may stick around for another season.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #829 on: April 19, 2020, 03:51:21 PM »

That's possible, yeah, assuming he's in business at this point in that world. Did they ever say how much cash he actually got from the remainder of the bail money? I'm thinking back to the massive bag of cash Jesse and Walt both had to haul, and it didn't look like there was nearly that much money in Saul's bag. Could be wrong though, they were stacks of 100s after all.

I'm wondering now if Vince Gilligan and co. planned to have him in the final season, actually, before he passed. I would love to know when the show wraps what the behind-the-scenes intent was; surely he was on their minds to some degree, especially with how Kim handled herself toward Lalo.

they may have brought it up on the Insider Podcast (I haven't heard this one, nor the last 4 or 5 episodes yet, I'm way behind since the Quarantine started).

https://podbay.fm/podcast/966297954/e/1586880000

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #830 on: April 20, 2020, 08:43:02 PM »
Made the mistake of watching the final scene of S5-9 with Lalo in the apartment before watching the season finale.  I am worn out.

Kev, the ".....awesome, intense scene where inevitably, nothing happens again!" happened again at Lalo's.  OK, well, something intense did happen, but not the way we wanted.

I also feel like this was the the second episode of 'Better Tell Giselle'.   Time to try and relax and have another shot of Dos Hombres tequila.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #831 on: April 20, 2020, 08:45:44 PM »

Kev, the ".....awesome, intense scene where inevitably, nothing happens again!" happened again at Lalo's.  OK, well, something intense did happen, but not the way we wanted.

Pretty much, yeah.  Those idiots have to be the worst assassins ever.

And congrats to the writers on now making Kim unlikable.  She was always a bit of a scallywag, but now she is wanting to ruin Howard's career/life?  What a terrible decision by the writing team.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #832 on: April 21, 2020, 04:07:33 AM »
These were the best hitmen Gus could find? Really? :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #833 on: April 21, 2020, 06:26:46 AM »
I disagree with Kev. I love Kim, and I love how Jimmy has kind of corrupted her. Kim rules.

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #834 on: April 21, 2020, 06:36:52 AM »
I disagree with Kev. I love Kim, and I love how Jimmy has kind of corrupted her. Kim rules.
Same here. There is so much depth to her character. And one could perfectly understand her "breaking bad" now if you watched her character development. From the first scam they did to the guy at the bar to blackmailing Kevin (she didn't, but she enjoyed it when Saul did and when all of her efforts failed while trying to be the "good girl" and "doing the right thing"). If you haven't seen that coming, then you haven't been paying attention. It is not like she changed overnight, it is something that has been slowly developing.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #835 on: April 21, 2020, 06:45:11 AM »

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #836 on: April 21, 2020, 06:49:02 AM »
Great gif.  :lol :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #837 on: April 21, 2020, 06:50:00 AM »
That shot killed me when I first saw it last night. Probably the best laugh I have had watching the show to date.  :lol :lol

Offline faizoff

« Reply #838 on: April 21, 2020, 08:06:00 AM »
What an amazing episode and great way to end the season. It's going to be such a long wait for the final season but I'm so glad we have a good chunk of characters returning.

The actor playing Lalo is absolutely killing it.

Love the Kim attitude adjustment. loved everything about the episode, to me it's peak BCS. well peak BCS was probably the end scene of ep 9 but still. What an amazing season we got.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #839 on: April 21, 2020, 08:32:20 AM »
Also while looking for Lalo's first appearance in BCS I found this very apt interaction between Nacho and Lalo. Season 4 Ep 8 ending.