Author Topic: Better Call Saul (SPOILERS)  (Read 112920 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Better Call Saul (SPOILERS)
« Reply #770 on: March 25, 2020, 08:40:22 PM »
Really good episode, yes. 

I got the impression that Kim was pissed more about Jimmy not telling her what he was going to do, rather than what he actually did.

I guess Mike is on Gus' side again, eh?  All it took was "revenge," and Mike is over the Werner thing?  Okay.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #771 on: March 26, 2020, 05:44:01 AM »
I think Mike is actually afraid of Gus. Mike knows everything that went into the meth lab. If he were to say no to Gus, he'd probably be toast.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #772 on: March 27, 2020, 01:59:03 PM »
Eh, Mike doesn't strike me as someone who operates out of fear.  Shoot, he was ready for those gang bangers to kill him before the beatdown was presumably stopped by Gus' men and he was then moved to Mexico to recover.  My guess is that Gus sold him on that idea that Lalo was the reason for the extra pressure that put Gus in the position where he had no choice but to order Werner's death, Mike bought it, and he is now out for revenge against Lalo.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #773 on: March 30, 2020, 08:32:18 PM »
Good episode, but I have more than a minor quibble.

They made a point on numerous occasions on Breaking Bad to demonstrate what a careful man Gus is.  And they have now obliterated that concept on Better Call Saul.  He is a "careful man," yet he not only participates in setting the the fire at Los Pollos Hermonos, but is getting into his car 100 feet away, where witnesses could have easily seen him, as it explodes?   I am sorry, but there is no way that fits what we know about Gus' character. 

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #774 on: April 01, 2020, 11:31:29 AM »

They made a point on numerous occasions on Breaking Bad to demonstrate what a careful man Gus is.  And they have now obliterated that concept on Better Call Saul.  He is a "careful man," yet he not only participates in setting the the fire at Los Pollos Hermonos, but is getting into his car 100 feet away, where witnesses could have easily seen him, as it explodes?   I am sorry, but there is no way that fits what we know about Gus' character.

Maybe he wasn't like that at this stage, but got more like that later?

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #775 on: April 01, 2020, 06:53:46 PM »
More comments later, but what a frickin' great episode!
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #776 on: April 01, 2020, 07:37:33 PM »
More comments later, but what a frickin' great episode!

Agree!!!

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #777 on: April 02, 2020, 12:40:36 AM »

Maybe he wasn't like that at this stage, but got more like that later?
This is more where my thinking is. It's definitely possible this was just an oversight by the production team, but they've been setting up how Fring's character is developing to end up where he is in BB, so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt on this point.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #778 on: April 02, 2020, 10:59:29 AM »
Everybody has a slip up at some point in their career. Could this be Fring's moment? Maybe he gets caught and needs Saul?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #779 on: April 02, 2020, 12:11:15 PM »
I don't think here is any chance of that.  He would have then been on the radar of the feds from that point forward, and as we saw in BB, he never was until Hank made the Gale/Gus connection.  Plus, when Saul first told Walt about having a possible connection who would buy his blue in bulk, he had no idea who Gus even was; he simply knew "a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy....who knows another guy."

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #780 on: April 02, 2020, 12:31:01 PM »
I don't think what Gus did was all that out of character. It's his restaurant......he knows it has to be blown up to make Salamanca think he's still in the dark.....it's already been shown how meticulous he is so I think it's right in line for his character to want to be the one who 'does the job'. Notice, he just had Nacho breaking and vandalizing......Gus took the task of blowing up his store. He wanted it done....and he wanted it done right.

As far as walking to the car and maybe being seen....I'm sure that he had zero concerns about that. Probably wasn't even 'his' vehicle and should a witness have arose do you think that witness would have lived for long?

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #781 on: April 02, 2020, 01:13:05 PM »
^
This, and I thought of it as fan service as well.

We all remember what happened the last time he was near an explosion.......

...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #782 on: April 06, 2020, 08:28:50 PM »
I've had p*ss warm beers before, but.........

Intense, but rather unsatisfying episode.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #783 on: April 06, 2020, 09:01:15 PM »
Call me a spoil sport again, but after a great first half of an episode, the second half really dragged.  Did we really need to see them walking around the desert for that long?  I think, given the fact that we know Mike and Saul are going to be just fine, it didn't need to get stretched out for as long as it did.  But hey, at least the storyline is getting somewhere now. :lol

On another note, Kim is f'd now.  Like Mike said, she's in the game now, and showing her face to Lalo will likely end up being a tragic mistake.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #784 on: April 06, 2020, 11:28:22 PM »

I’ve drank my own urine. But it was on the rocks....still tasted bad though.

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #785 on: April 07, 2020, 06:56:42 AM »
One of the best episodes of the show.  :metal

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #786 on: April 07, 2020, 07:00:52 AM »
Kim's gonna get whacked? Right?

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #787 on: April 07, 2020, 08:59:20 AM »

I've predicted for years now that she's gonna get offed due to Jimmy's shenanigans.

It might be the first time I'm right so long in advance, so that's cool.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #788 on: April 07, 2020, 09:45:15 AM »

I've predicted for years now that she's gonna get offed due to Jimmy's shenanigans.

It might be the first time I'm right so long in advance, so that's cool.  :lol

I still think she will end up going to prison for something that Jimmy gets her involved in....some sort of illegal tactic as a lawyer that she gets nailed on. But, the chance she gets killed is just as good as her going to jail.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #789 on: April 07, 2020, 10:27:51 AM »
To me, the most intriguing question is this: who instructed those guys to pull Saul over, take the money and kill him?

We know it wasn't Gus, as Mike would know about it and then wouldn't kill them all.

If it was Lalo, it seems odd that he would have the cousins make the hand-off and then have another group of men pull Saul over, take the money, and then kill him (which was the intention before Mike made the save).  Plus, if it was Lalo, he and the rest of the Salamanca crew would go ape shit once they found out that their men were killed and that the lawyer still has the money.  That would put the nail in the coffin of both Saul and Kim, and we know Saul isn't going anywhere.

Could Nacho have been behind it?  Not sure what his end game would be, though, and it would seem odd for him to have ordered the move and the execution of Saul. 

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #790 on: April 07, 2020, 10:29:06 AM »
Is it possible that Nacho didn't know Saul was the bag man?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #791 on: April 07, 2020, 11:15:00 AM »
Actually, I forgot about the cold opening, where a guy in the warehouse called someone on the phone after seeing the cousins leaving with the money and asked if they were still interested, so it could simply have been a case of one of the Salamancas lackeys going rogue and looking for a quick score.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #792 on: April 07, 2020, 01:24:02 PM »
Yeah, who's behind the 'stick up' has zero ideas from me.  Also, what has to be the show's weakest plot point ever.....how does Mike stay out of view for all those miles, and know exactly where they are going to strike? 

I wouldn't have minded the desert scene if there were twelve episodes, as opposed to ten. 

As to Kim....they'll need someone else to play the role now, or hint at his existence, but I'm hoping that the worst she'll face is a visit to the vacuum cleaner.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #793 on: April 08, 2020, 08:21:41 AM »
SPOILER ALERT
Last 2 chapter titles are:

"Bad choice road"
"Something unforgivable"

Nothing good is gonna happen

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #794 on: April 08, 2020, 10:21:58 AM »
That episode ruled. Sad there's only 2 more episodes. This has been another great season.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #795 on: April 08, 2020, 10:23:51 AM »
There's another season after this one, right?

I hope we don't get something lame like Saul throwing Kim under the bus to keep her safe from the cartel.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #796 on: April 08, 2020, 12:46:46 PM »
I believe they have said that the next season will be the last.

The more I think about it, the more I think Kim survives the series somehow.  I think the writers realize it would be a bad and unrealistic look for Saul to have been so jovial and jokey for much of BB after seeing Kim die, so I think they will find a way for her to live.  Saul doesn't know yet about the existence of Ed (the vacuum cleaner guy), but maybe they will show us how he comes to find out about him, and Kim will vanish.  Granted, we won't see Ed again since Robert Forrester is no longer with us, but they could still find a clever way to do it.  And maybe we see that Saul is so overly worried about being recognized in the black and white flash forwards because it could mean Kim getting discovered as well. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 01:01:01 PM by KevShmev »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #797 on: April 08, 2020, 12:49:08 PM »
Kev, that makes perfect sense. Never thought about that. It is a damn shame Robert Forrester passed, as well.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #798 on: April 08, 2020, 01:44:54 PM »
Just read a couple of reviews for S5 Ep 8.....Mike had a GPS in Saul's gas cap.  I guess I get a :facepalm: for forgetting that.

I read a lot of positive reviews for this episode.  Indeed, a comparison to the BB of Walt and Jesse being stuck in the desert was a given.  It took them eighteen days to film this episode with Vince at the helms (as opposed to the normal nine days).  I did love the directing, loved how Saul cringed at the sight of the space blanket.

But.....we knew both Saul and Mike would live (or should I put 'spoiler alert' above that line ;))

:rollin

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #799 on: April 08, 2020, 02:25:55 PM »
Just read a couple of reviews for S5 Ep 8.....Mike had a GPS in Saul's gas cap.  I guess I get a :facepalm: for forgetting that.

I read a lot of positive reviews for this episode.  Indeed, a comparison to the BB of Walt and Jesse being stuck in the desert was a given.  It took them eighteen days to film this episode with Vince at the helms (as opposed to the normal nine days).  I did love the directing, loved how Saul cringed at the sight of the space blanket.

But.....we knew both Saul and Mike would live (or should I put 'spoiler alert' above that line ;))

:rollin

https://www.facebook.com/juanmpe88/videos/10158518356792189

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #800 on: April 10, 2020, 08:13:58 AM »
Ah, the fuel cap. I was wondering why he took it before trashing the Esteem.

I think Kim will just not want anything to do with Jimmy at the end. But maybe I'm just hoping it's that as i don't want anything worse to happen to her.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Online faizoff

« Reply #801 on: April 12, 2020, 09:17:46 PM »
I have finally caught up with all the episodes and this season is just unbelievable so far. I mean sure the breaking bad world is merging, but they've been doing such an incredible job of getting these amazing character beats throughout. Lalo is so charismatic, I love the actor playing him. And hands down my favorite side character is the old guy playing Mr. Acker. His line describing the picture he's given had me laughing so hard. I love these typical 'Saul' bits throughout the season and is really the best thing about this show.

After this season, something tells me the wait for the final season will be quite a bit and maybe mid 2022. At least it will be 13 episodes as opposed to the regular 10.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #802 on: April 13, 2020, 07:14:42 AM »
Took me 4 years and a pandemic to finally gear up and finish watching Breaking Bad. I started in 2016 and was very reluctant to come back to the show after watching each season, something just didn't click with me.

Started watching this show a week ago and liked it so much I binge-watched it and now I'm caught up. I won't argue which show is better but BCS is definitely more up my alley. Can't wait for the remaining two episodes to air.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #803 on: April 13, 2020, 12:49:34 PM »
Why isn't episode 9 available to stream on AMC's website yet?

Online faizoff

« Reply #804 on: April 13, 2020, 02:34:26 PM »
New episode airs tonight so it should be available later.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan