Author Topic: Better Call Saul (SPOILERS)  (Read 112919 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Better Call Saul (SPOILERS)
« Reply #595 on: August 07, 2018, 08:54:38 AM »
Bob Odenkirk talks Jimmy's reaction to Chucks death......pretty insightful as to how he was 'playing' it.

https://ew.com/tv/2018/08/06/better-call-saul-bob-odenkirk-season-4-premiere-smoke/
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #596 on: August 07, 2018, 03:23:16 PM »
Very good episode

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #597 on: August 07, 2018, 06:30:04 PM »
Good episode.

I was howling watching Mike act like such a boss in the Madrigal warehouse. :lol :lol :lol

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #598 on: August 07, 2018, 07:20:35 PM »

Online Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #599 on: August 13, 2018, 03:58:46 PM »
Possible spoilers for the new season, but also a nice interview with Bob Odenkirk:

https://ew.com/tv/2018/08/06/better-call-saul-bob-odenkirk-breaking-bad-season-4/2/

I watched the first episode just now and enjoyed it a lot. I'm glad this series is back :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #600 on: August 13, 2018, 08:16:12 PM »
Stellar episode tonight...with a brutal ending. :eek :eek

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #601 on: August 13, 2018, 09:43:24 PM »
Stellar episode tonight...with a brutal ending. :eek :eek

No kidding. The Kim/Howard scene was awesome. And the Copy Machine interview was classic. This show is great....in fact, I think its better than Breaking Bad.

I know there are a lot of BB die hards who will scoff at such a claim.....but, I’ve seen them both and pound for pound BCS is better IMO. Better ensemble of actors....the writing is top level....I just think it’s surpassed BB.

:flame:

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #602 on: August 14, 2018, 05:56:09 AM »
Yes indeed, I will scoff at that claim. ;)

A better ensemble of actors?  Well, in the sense that Better Call Saul is more of an ensemble than a show with a true lead character (Odenkirk is a far better supporting actor than lead), it could be debatable, but pound for pound, BB wins easily, IMO.  Not counting the characters who were on both shows (since that can be considered a wash), BB had Bryan Cranston, who gave what some, including both Anthony Hopkins and myself, would call the greatest acting performance ever.  His performance alone elevates it.  And then of course there is Aaron Paul, who was brilliant as well; I would say he was the 2nd best from either show, so already BB has, IMO, by far the top 2 performances from either show.  Moving forward, I would say Anna Gunn and Rhea Seehorn were equally good, although I suspect many who disliked Skylar for some bizarre reason would not give Gunn props for her performance as a result. And let's not forget Dean Norris, who turned what could have been a stereotypical tough guy cop/DEA agent character into a complex one.  Michael McKean was awesome as Chuck, and Michael Mando and Patrick Fabian are really good in their roles, but Breaking Bad just seemed filled with once in a lifetime performances in a once in a lifetime show.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #603 on: August 14, 2018, 07:56:32 AM »
Totally get your points Kev, there is no arguing how incredible the BB crew was. I loved the show as well.

I think I put BCS above BB because of Jimmy/Saul......Bob Odenkirk. I am just captivated by that character.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #604 on: August 14, 2018, 02:31:22 PM »
I'm with you Gary. BB was good but BCS is easily better.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #605 on: August 14, 2018, 06:39:29 PM »

I think I put BCS above BB because of Jimmy/Saul......Bob Odenkirk. I am just captivated by that character.

Understand. :hat

Don't get me wrong, I like the show a lot, but it just doesn't have that "I can't wait to watch it" pull that Breaking Bad had for me.

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #606 on: August 14, 2018, 08:53:02 PM »
BB had 'zest'....BCS has that nice, easy simmer.  BB was better, but I treasure Jimmy and Kim, and enjoy this show more (and eventually admired everything about the writing and character that went into Chuck....McKean, you deserved an Emmy nomination at the least).

How lucky that we are in Season 4, when there were worries that this would succumb to other prequel/sequel failures and crash and burn during its first year. 

'Give 'em a badge'

« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 12:17:44 PM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #607 on: August 15, 2018, 07:47:11 AM »
Really enjoying the start to this season. Breaking Bad is still "better" for me, but BCS has to be a serious contender for best spin-off of all time.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #608 on: August 15, 2018, 07:12:08 PM »
Why did Jimmy turned off the photocopier job? I still can’t make it

Online Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #609 on: August 16, 2018, 02:11:04 AM »
It wasn't about 'getting a job'; Jimmy needs a challenge and this was way too easy. He probably realised that he could use his talents for other things than being 'just' a salesman for a photocopy machine. And the people in that company weren't exactly his type either.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #610 on: August 16, 2018, 03:23:02 AM »
It wasn't about 'getting a job'; Jimmy needs a challenge and this was way too easy. He probably realised that he could use his talents for other things than being 'just' a salesman for a photocopy machine. And the people in that company weren't exactly his type either.
Really? I didn't understand it this way. For me it has something to do with Chuck. After you read that interview with Bob Odenkirk about Chuck's death you get a different perspective. He has completely supressed his feelings, but the death of his brother affected him deeply. It is just unconscious.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #611 on: August 16, 2018, 09:09:58 AM »
Really? I didn't understand it this way. For me it has something to do with Chuck. After you read that interview with Bob Odenkirk about Chuck's death you get a different perspective. He has completely supressed his feelings, but the death of his brother affected him deeply. It is just unconscious.

I think the moment he noticed the Hummels in the cabinet he had made his mind up to steal them.....and his subsequent antics/push to get hired was just his way of feeling them out to see what he'd be able to get away with. He realized they were push overs and that he'd be able to steal the valuable collectible(s) without an issue.

That was such a cool scene.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #612 on: August 16, 2018, 11:47:42 AM »
But, will Jimmy try to steal the hummels from them or from the old lady we saw in season 3?

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #613 on: August 16, 2018, 12:03:41 PM »
But, will Jimmy try to steal the hummels from them or from the old lady we saw in season 3?

If I  had to guess it'd be them because I don't think those guys would notice right away. The old lady would probably notice instantly.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #614 on: August 19, 2018, 07:30:45 AM »
I caught an old episode of Hunter on cable last night (from 1985) and was stunned when I realized who the guest star was...

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #615 on: August 21, 2018, 12:21:09 PM »
Gale!!

Oh, and something tells me that Nacho's suffering has just begun.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #616 on: August 21, 2018, 12:47:24 PM »
Gale!!

Oh, and something tells me that Nacho's suffering has just begun.

Talk about reprising your old role in an epic re-introduction scene......What kind of song was that?  :lol  Can you imagine trying to memorize that?

And yeah....considering we never even saw Nacho in BB (but his name was mentioned) I'm thinking that he is in for some major bummer times....

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #617 on: August 21, 2018, 12:59:49 PM »
The actor said it was a bitch learning the song to sing :lol:

https://ew.com/tv/2018/08/21/better-call-saul-breaking-bad-david-costabile/

Also, it seems like many think that the Chuck letter Jimmy read at the end was a forged one by Kim, but I do not.  That doesn't seem like her style.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #618 on: August 23, 2018, 06:02:51 AM »
Hmmm, I didn't even notice that the guy Jimmy used to do the B&E in this last episode was Ira from Breaking Bad.  Ira was part of the tenting team in S5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzGHxDjkrx8 (the one sitting down in this scene)

Online Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #619 on: August 24, 2018, 04:34:37 AM »
also, it seems like many think that the Chuck letter Jimmy read at the end was a forged one by Kim, but I do not.  That doesn't seem like her style.

I don't think so either, but there's more going on with Kim, by the looks of it. Either that, or she's really stricken with guilt for Chuck's death. I got a hint of that with the Mesa Verde scene. Also, we've yet to find out what she went to the courthouse for afterwards. Her breaking down at Jimmy reading the letter aloud was maybe because she expected the worst with the letter, only to find that it wasn't all that bad - and she feels bad for having hurt Chuck (and possibly Howard too), though I'm just grasping at straws at this point.
Squ

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #620 on: August 24, 2018, 02:42:46 PM »
For some reason it never clicked with me until BCS this week that the actor who plays Gale also plays Wags on Billions (the latter being in production at the same time as his scene is BCS being filmed is why Gale had facial hair). Makes me enjoy both characters more :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #621 on: August 24, 2018, 05:20:02 PM »

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #622 on: August 27, 2018, 08:53:31 AM »
Last week's episode was so good - best of this season. Love the Breaking Bad vibes, the whole set-up with the car was wild. Thought the thief stuck in the office while the guy was having a marital crisis was hilarious, too. Hope tonight's is just as good - I'm rooting for Nacho to pull through and get well ASAP.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #623 on: August 27, 2018, 09:43:01 AM »
Thought the thief stuck in the office while the guy was having a marital crisis was hilarious, too.

Yeah....that was great  :lol    Given that Jimmy sold it twice as the 'easiest' $4k you'd ever make you had a feeling there'd be a hitch to it.....and that scenario was the last thing anyone could have imagined. So random....yet so perfect. Just another example of the great writing that accompanies this show every week.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #624 on: August 27, 2018, 09:52:38 AM »
Thought the thief stuck in the office while the guy was having a marital crisis was hilarious, too.

Yeah....that was great  :lol    Given that Jimmy sold it twice as the 'easiest' $4k you'd ever make you had a feeling there'd be a hitch to it.....and that scenario was the last thing anyone could have imagined. So random....yet so perfect. Just another example of the great writing that accompanies this show every week.

When he ordered the pizza and the thief looked like he wanted to cry... omg  :rollin
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #625 on: August 29, 2018, 10:20:42 AM »
Excellent job by 'Neelix' as the judge.   :tup   

We're seeing the slow change of Kim questioning herself regarding Chuck, Jimmy's reaction (or lack of) to the letter, and whether she wants to be anchored down with that Mesa Verde expansion.  One never knows if she is also suffering effects of her accident.  At least it doesn't appear she's getting addicted to any pain medication ('only the good stuff' was kinda worrisome in that regards).

Nice job of the 'Hummel' guy, by paying Jimmy his full share.  'Honor among thieves'.

We're finding all that involves Nacho to be more than fascinating.  Glad the twin 'sharks' are gone for now.  Still waiting for Gomez to appear (just speculating)

We are missing the humor and silliness and cleverness that would always pop up in every episode of previous seasons to help break up the serious situations.  Even just a smiling Gus with a customer would be a nice to change of pace in such a heavy year.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #626 on: September 01, 2018, 09:55:22 AM »
Last episode was SOOOOO good!
I would like to know now what Mike is up to as per Gus request

Online Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #627 on: September 01, 2018, 12:19:18 PM »
I'm really enjoying this season.

What was the flashback at the beginning? First thoughts it was Mike digging a hole for a deceased pet of his son's.
Squ

Online Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #629 on: September 02, 2018, 06:10:01 AM »
What I thought all along. I didn’t buy into the ‘Kim wrote it’ speculation.
Squ