Author Topic: Better Call Saul (SPOILERS)  (Read 112868 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Better Call Saul (SPOILERS)
« Reply #420 on: May 02, 2017, 06:10:18 AM »
Fantastic episode.  It feels now that it's gone from a show about Jimmy McGill to a full blown BB prequel.  :tup :tup

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #421 on: May 02, 2017, 09:33:38 AM »
Fantastic episode.  It feels now that it's gone from a show about Jimmy McGill to a full blown BB prequel.  :tup :tup

Guess I really need to watch BB. I love BCS a ton and apparently judging from the insistence from you, my brother and everyone else who's watched BB....BB is a really good show  :lol
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #422 on: May 02, 2017, 12:04:01 PM »
^
The very first scene of last night's episode...man in the pool.....yet another 'Easter Egg' for us BB fans.  Along with the tequila (?) bottle on the table.  As well as the ending of the first scene, with Hector standing alone, and.....wind chimes 'dinging' in the background (mentioned on the avclub websites comments, so we watched that scene over again).

Interesting to read all comments, those tired of this, tired of that.  I tell ya, two weeks ago was boring, and then Jimmy flies off the handle and heads over to Chuck's to confront him.  Last week's buildups and glorious visual ending, this week's EVERYTHING. 

Ab so lute lee superb!!!

Only six more episodes left this season (frick)
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #423 on: May 02, 2017, 12:20:47 PM »

Guess I really need to watch BB. I love BCS a ton and apparently judging from the insistence from you, my brother and everyone else who's watched BB....BB is a really good show  :lol

No, no, it's not just "a really good show"; it's the best show ever. :coolio

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #424 on: May 02, 2017, 12:28:15 PM »
BCS continues to deliver. Three amazing episodes thus far, with a fourth waiting for me tonight.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #425 on: May 02, 2017, 01:17:37 PM »
Best episode of the season so far. Great stuff.

Yeah I'm really getting that feeling now too.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #426 on: May 02, 2017, 08:26:49 PM »

Bold move watching BCS not having seen BB. While I guess you strictly don't need to watch BB to enjoy BCS, you'll really appreciate all the nuances of the characters you keep seeing in BCS. They're starting to really merge the two worlds now with lots more events, places and characters from BB being included in BCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy BB just as much if not more. 
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #427 on: May 03, 2017, 02:29:05 AM »

Just for balance, I found BB good but not that great. BCS is vastly superior in my opinion.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #428 on: May 03, 2017, 05:36:09 AM »
I think both are about as good in general, but Breaking Bad reached such incredible highs in certain places that I'm not sure BCS could reach.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #429 on: May 03, 2017, 06:03:25 AM »
Well, we likely haven't seen those heights within BCS yet. Everything up to Episode 3 is certainly leading up to some.
I haven't seen Episode 4 yet, and I will do so tonight :) looking forward to that.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #430 on: May 03, 2017, 06:55:30 AM »

Bold move watching BCS not having seen BB. While I guess you strictly don't need to watch BB to enjoy BCS, you'll really appreciate all the nuances of the characters you keep seeing in BCS. They're starting to really merge the two worlds now with lots more events, places and characters from BB being included in BCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy BB just as much if not more. 

I gotta say, there are certain things in life some of us will never experience, and getting to watch BCS first and then BB is one of those things for me and a lot of others. I think it'll end up being really cool to do things that way, and give him a whole different perspective on a lot of things.

And as with BB Mike continues to be my favorite character.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #431 on: May 03, 2017, 06:59:16 AM »
Yeah, Mike is awesome.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #432 on: May 03, 2017, 10:58:13 AM »

I gotta say, there are certain things in life some of us will never experience, and getting to watch BCS first and then BB is one of those things for me and a lot of others. I think it'll end up being really cool to do things that way, and give him a whole different perspective on a lot of things.

And as with BB Mike continues to be my favorite character.

I'm 'scared' to start BB only because I know that once I do I won't stop until I'm done....not sure if I'm ready for that type of sacrifice yet  :lol   That's a lot of lost sleep being that the only time I could possibly watch due to 'real life' responsibilities would be starting after 9:00-9:30.....and we all know that you don't just watch one or two episodes when you have them ALL right there!

I'm looking forward to watching as this last episode more than any before I could really sense there was a lot of BB 'easter eggs' going on. But I will say this...having not watched BB has not tainted how great this show is. I think they've done a great job of appeasing the BB fans with the subtle connections yet making this show an awesome stand alone show on its own.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #433 on: May 03, 2017, 04:01:50 PM »
I just watched the latest episode and here's a couple of thoughts (SPOILERS):

- The episode started off surprisingly well in not even showing Jimmy for the first 25 minutes :lol
- Great opening scene!
- First thought after the last scene: Kim taped Chuck confessing that he made a duplicate, using his own trick on him.
Squ

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #434 on: May 03, 2017, 07:47:21 PM »
I don't think that last scenario would help Jimmy in preventing him from being disbarred.  If anything, it might get Chuck disbarred, too, since the Bar is not big on lawyers being involved in such shenanigans, but Jimmy's end goal is not to take Chuck down with him; it's to do whatever he can to keep his license to practice law.

Given Gilligan's history with BB, I am sure whatever happens will be something none of us see coming, will be awesome, and will make us all think, "Wow, that seemed so obvious and natural."

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #435 on: May 05, 2017, 04:45:58 PM »
'Bingo' was key.

fwiw....my wife and I did not see an episode of BBad until three years ago.  We finished after the first season of Saul.  We then started on BCS, and have been weekly viewers since the beginning of Season 2.  One appreciates the nuances and writing and cinematography more when a week elapses instead of binge watching.

Had someone only watched BCS, one can certainly appreciate and enjoy this series......because it stands on its own.  They would certainly miss out on the 'greedy' little fun the rest have when those Easter Eggs appear.

Wish there were 15 episodes per season...............
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #436 on: May 08, 2017, 09:24:46 PM »
One Huell of a great episode!!!!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #437 on: May 08, 2017, 09:42:17 PM »
Yep, stellar episode.

The irony for Chuck is that he was outsmarting Jimmy at every turn when on the witness stand...until Jimmy played his wild card.  Then he melted down.

Jimmy won't get out of this without a scrape, however.  The bar will smack his hands hard for the chicanery he pulled.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #438 on: May 08, 2017, 10:13:28 PM »
Yep, stellar episode.

The irony for Chuck is that he was outsmarting Jimmy at every turn when on the witness stand...until Jimmy played his wild card.  Then he melted down.

Jimmy won't get out of this without a scrape, however.  The bar will smack his hands hard for the chicanery he pulled.

Ehh. I don't think Chuck as outsmarting him at all. I think Jimmy knew every response Chuck would give and led him right down the path to his self destruction

Great Episode.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #439 on: May 08, 2017, 11:31:19 PM »
The Saul Goodman team is almost there! What an episode.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #440 on: May 09, 2017, 12:57:24 PM »
This episode was freakin' fantastic. Probably the best of the show so far!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #441 on: May 09, 2017, 04:12:27 PM »
Damn, just watched that. It was insane!
Squ

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #442 on: May 09, 2017, 05:44:37 PM »
IIRC, we didn't see Huell till Season 4 of BB, so where was he before then? :P

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #443 on: May 10, 2017, 05:07:19 AM »
Damn, just watched that. It was insane!

I posted this yesterday, because these were basically my first thoughts after watching that episode, but since then, I have been replaying the events in this episode in my head. I'm completely overwhelmed really, this was some absolutely outstanding television and without a doubt the best episode in the entire series so far.

What made this episode so great for me, was that it plays out in just three scenes (of which two very short ones) and the entire courtroom scenes was so meticolously detailed. There was so much stuff going on there and I believe the location for that scene was of vital importance. We already knew that the brothers' relationship was beyond saving, but to have the final nail in the coffin occur in that space in front of the people Chuck values most? Fantastic. He outsmarted Jimmy with every move, but Jimmy broke him down. Many, many kudos for the acting qualities of both Jimmy (you could see he did not like what he was doing to his brother, knowing he would break him eventually) and if Chuck's acting in the entire episode wasn't some of the best in the series, I don't know what was.

Wow.
Squ

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #444 on: May 10, 2017, 08:08:18 AM »
And I just watched those final 10 minutes again. Some more things I thought of:
- Howard Hamlin was afraid of the bad PR this could give his firm; leaving legal documents at Chuck's house. The outcome of the episode is definitely going to leave a bad reputation mark on his firm. Howard will be pissed.
- Jimmy's response to Chuck's fallout is stunning. You can see him on the verge of breaking down himself, for having to expose his brother like this before his peers.
- We know where Jimmy is going to end up, but how much further does Kim want to go with his 'chicanery'? There has to come a point in there series where she breaks ties with him. The question is when, or at what point she decides it is not in her own best interest to follow through on Jimmy's stuff. Up until now she's basically sacrificed herself for Jimmy, but in the process she lost a good job and this court case probably isn't going to help her reputation.
- The final shot of the episode, looking at Chuck in that witness booth, alone, gazing up at the exit sign; brilliant!
Squ

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #445 on: May 10, 2017, 08:48:10 AM »
This show has caught up, finally. I thought it began kinda slow, but now it's on a rampage. The BB comparisons are so on spot, and I couldn't agree more with what you folks are saying! I love how they're handling Gustavo Fring and his relationship with Hector, which feels more like an intense rivalry more than ever. In Breaking Bad we obviously saw and experienced the meltdown between those two, but from the very beginning of that series Gus had the upper hand in almost everything; but here it feels more like two kingpins struggling for the ultimate power.

Also, old meme but new for me. It made me happy.

Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #446 on: May 10, 2017, 09:00:21 AM »
^ that is so wrong :lol
Squ

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #447 on: May 10, 2017, 10:29:15 AM »
Just watched the most recent episode last night, so good. I think Chuck obviously outsmarted him in making the tape and baiting him to break into the house for it, but I think Jimmy was in control the whole way for the hearing (minus having to stall because Rebecca was late). The episode was well shot and paced, and just fantastic acting all around.

Not gonna lie, I got super excited when the vet asked Jimmy if the guy he was looking for had to fit into small spaces because I knew who that meant would be showing up :lol Huell ftw.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #448 on: May 11, 2017, 12:12:35 PM »
Was the pick pocket guy in this last episode Sauls security in his law office in breaking bad?
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #449 on: May 11, 2017, 12:15:56 PM »
that was indeed Huell
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #450 on: May 11, 2017, 05:01:04 PM »
Was the pick pocket guy in this last episode Sauls security in his law office in breaking bad?

Yes.  His level of expertise is clearly frisking/planting something on someone, as we saw twice on BB (I won't say where for those who are still going to watch it).

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #451 on: May 15, 2017, 06:39:33 PM »
Almost wish last week would be 'the end'.....just because it was so immensely gratifying.  As we've learned, there are no happy endings in this BB/Saul universe.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #452 on: May 16, 2017, 04:07:40 PM »
Man what an amazing episode, this merging of worlds with Breaking Bad is getting better and better with each episode and I'm almost afraid of the inevitable consequences.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #453 on: May 16, 2017, 07:04:31 PM »
Lydia, Tyrus, the laundry!  The BB nods just keep coming!!

That said, I thought the episode was just okay overall.  Quite a letdown after last week's awesomeness.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #454 on: May 16, 2017, 09:29:18 PM »
Welp....I've taken the plunge. As i type Walter has just collapsed at the car wash, got a scan and just been told he has lung cancer.