Author Topic: Better Call Saul (SPOILERS)  (Read 114980 times)

Online SoundscapeMN

Re: Better Call Saul (SPOILERS)
« Reply #945 on: April 28, 2022, 11:02:55 PM »

my favorite moment was seeing Hector's face after Nacho tells him he switched his pills.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 11:12:23 PM by SoundscapeMN »

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #946 on: April 29, 2022, 01:08:56 AM »
"Tell Hector. I want him to know it was me."
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline ChuckSteak

« Reply #947 on: April 29, 2022, 01:51:06 AM »

my favorite moment was seeing Hector's face after Nacho tells him he switched his pills.
This could be a meme.  :D

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #948 on: April 29, 2022, 02:10:51 AM »

When did he say this?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #949 on: April 29, 2022, 02:13:22 AM »

When did he say this?

I was paraphrasing a quote from Game of Thrones, by Lady Olenna  :D
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #950 on: May 03, 2022, 06:40:40 AM »
Oh, that's why I didn't get it :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #951 on: May 04, 2022, 02:04:33 AM »
So, interlocutory episode.... but we kinda needed a breather after the drama of last week.

It was absolutely hilarious seeing Jimmy cosplaying as Howard  :lol

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #952 on: May 04, 2022, 04:01:51 AM »
So, interlocutory episode.... but we kinda needed a breather after the drama of last week.

Yes, but also you can see the tension is ramping up everywhere and it's not as if absolutely nothing happened. I've seen BCS described as someone boiler water. You don't notice it gets hotter if it happens slightly, but at some point it's boiling and there's no way back. BCS does this really well in pacing, story-telling, camera angles, everything. Saul is oblivious as of now, Kim and Gus know that the wolf is out there to get them. This episode showed that contrast beautifully.
Squ

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #953 on: May 04, 2022, 05:54:41 AM »
Rhea Seahorn directed this past week's episode which of course included the scene with Kim meeing Mike.

I kind of feel like they could/should have spoke for a lot longer than they did.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #954 on: May 04, 2022, 06:07:06 AM »
Rhea did a fantastic job directing that episode, I always love the creative angles and shooting from odd spots scenes.

Spoilers...

That Jimmy doubling for Howard scene was so hilarious to see, the whole setup and execution with the sign moving was just vintage BCS.
Gus having that crazy level of surveillance gives a bit of background I guess to when Walter White comes to Gus's house to shoot him and he gets a phone call "Go home, Walter".
Another two BB characters - Wendy and Spooge.
Mike and Kim meeting for the first time, that was such a great scene.

I always love these types of episodes, it's really what makes the show great IMO.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #955 on: May 04, 2022, 06:15:38 AM »
Why would Lalo being alive be a problem for Kim? What am I forgetting?

I always love these types of episodes, it's really what makes the show great IMO.

My favorite touch this episode was Gus not being happy with Mike's guy in his restaurant. Gus truly loves what he has built with Los Pollos, and he has just as much pride in that business as his illegal activities.

It was kind of crazy to see Spooge looking relatively successful and clean compared to how we saw him in Breaking Bad.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 06:23:02 AM by Chino »

Offline faizoff

« Reply #956 on: May 04, 2022, 06:30:39 AM »
Haha yeah that whole exchange was great, those bits are great. Gus also having that clip-on tie was another great touch for a manager running that place.

I think Lalo is essentially an issue for both Kim and Jimmy which is why Kim appears more worried than Jimmy lets on.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #957 on: May 04, 2022, 06:36:14 AM »

Not a problem per se, it's more like Gus and Mike know that Lalo knows Jimmy and Kim, and they're tracking her in the off chance that Lalo contacts them.

Gust knows Lalo is alive, he's waiting for him to appear anywhere. So they're keeping track of anyone who's associated with him. In case Lalo shows up at Jimmy's doorstep, they'll know.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #958 on: May 04, 2022, 06:47:17 AM »

Not a problem per se, it's more like Gus and Mike know that Lalo knows Jimmy and Kim, and they're tracking her in the off chance that Lalo contacts them.

Gust knows Lalo is alive, he's waiting for him to appear anywhere. So they're keeping track of anyone who's associated with him. In case Lalo shows up at Jimmy's doorstep, they'll know.

That's where my head was/is at. Kim just seemed to be flustered or worried by the news that Lalo was still alive. Wasn't sure if there was an immediate threat, or if she's just worried about her and Saul not being able to get away from the cartel, even if it's just for legal services.

Haha yeah that whole exchange was great, those bits are great. Gus also having that clip-on tie was another great touch for a manager running that place.

I must have blinked because I totally didn't' catch the clip on!

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #959 on: May 04, 2022, 03:39:44 PM »
Does Gus KNOW Lalo is alive or is just feeling it in his gut?

Obvs, Hector knows, but I didn't think anyone else did?
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #960 on: May 05, 2022, 01:08:35 AM »

To quote the lawyer that is pissed at Saul: "there's proving, and there's knowing".

He "knows" since he realized Hector wasn't too much heartbroken over his "death", and he's actively trying to smoke him out. He doesn't have 100% conclusive proof, he just knows he's right.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #961 on: May 05, 2022, 02:13:06 AM »

Gus knew the moment after he spoke to Hector in Episode 2 (I think?). To me it was clear immediately, the way Hector looks at Gus in that particular scene makes Gus realise Lalo is still alive.

By the way, can we all appreciate how amazing of an actor Mark Margolis is, portraying Hector? He doesn’t say a single word, but his facial expressions speak for themselves. He’s fantastic to watch.
Squ

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #962 on: May 05, 2022, 10:55:07 AM »

By the way, can we all appreciate how amazing of an actor Mark Margolis is, portraying Hector? He doesn’t say a single word, but his facial expressions speak for themselves. He’s fantastic to watch.

I am on board with this.  He didn't say a lot in Scarface in his limited role, but his facial expressions were so good that you were almost scared of him, even being just the viewer.  :lol :lol

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #963 on: May 10, 2022, 02:26:13 PM »
That was one tense final scene yet again.
Squ

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #964 on: May 10, 2022, 02:52:32 PM »
Starting to thinking ahead here.... since Howard wants to know what Jimmy is up about, what if he eventually finds out his ties to the cartel but finds also himself on the path of Lalo, signifying his demise? maybe that's how Kim goes down as well, 'cause she's tied up in all this mess.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #965 on: May 10, 2022, 03:01:06 PM »

Very thoughtful of Lalo not to kill that lady. I thought for sure she was a goner just to leave no loose ends.

Starting to thinking ahead here.... since Howard wants to know what Jimmy is up about, what if he eventually finds out his ties to the cartel but finds also himself on the path of Lalo, signifying his demise? maybe that's how Kim goes down as well, 'cause she's tied up in all this mess.

I think Jimmy and Kim knew/know/were planning on Howard catching on....and that he's falling right into whatever plan they have and will ultimately only 'learn' what they want him to. As far as his ultimate demise or whatever the end game is....I think it's going to be whatever Jimmy and Kim have planned and that'll cost Kim her future and pave Saul's.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #966 on: May 10, 2022, 05:05:37 PM »
I swear, I have reached the point with this show where I just want it to be over.  The great episodes are far too fleeting, and the majority seem to leave me thinking, "That's it?"  The boxing thing last night, while entertaining, might have been the most ridiculous thing ever conceived in the BB/BCS world. I can't believe that scene was real.

Online SoundscapeMN

« Reply #967 on: May 10, 2022, 06:24:28 PM »

Very thoughtful of Lalo not to kill that lady. I thought for sure she was a goner just to leave no loose ends.

I think Jimmy and Kim knew/know/were planning on Howard catching on....and that he's falling right into whatever plan they have and will ultimately only 'learn' what they want him to. As far as his ultimate demise or whatever the end game is....I think it's going to be whatever Jimmy and Kim have planned and that'll cost Kim her future and pave Saul's.

this whole scheme with Howard has to have a much more clever twist to it. There's no way it can be taken at face value.

I am very much of the feeling with Kim, she ends up in an acceptable place in order for Jimmy/Saul to be of the same demeanor he is in Breaking Bad. If Kim dies, it doesn't fit with the continuity of what we know about Saul's character as the chipper/sarcastic Saul Goodman (compared to the dreary temperment of Gene).

Offline faizoff

« Reply #968 on: May 10, 2022, 08:36:39 PM »
Loved that episode, it was more 'typical' BCS and had more of those mundane yet semi-important setup scenes like the fight between Howard and Jimmy. Loved all the Jimmy scenes from the office start to the quip from Kim with the 'pow I fight for you'. Yet they still had those tense scenes where you get so relieved at the outcome more than anything.

I also can't believe it's been 32 years since I watched that soccer game from that Trivia game between West Germany v Argentina that Andreas Brehme scored on a penalty. that was the first soccer final I saw live as a kid.

We have two more left before the break and the final six episodes. I love that we still have no definitive clue as to how the end is going to happen which I predict will be left for the 2nd half of the season.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #969 on: May 11, 2022, 06:05:27 AM »
I'm really curious how Lalo's going to find the location of the to-be meth lab. So far, all he's got is a region and "north wall" (or was it south?).

Maybe he goes after one of the guys that was working for him? But even then, I don't think any of them really have a clue where they were.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #970 on: May 11, 2022, 09:48:51 AM »
I'm really curious how Lalo's going to find the location of the to-be meth lab. So far, all he's got is a region and "north wall" (or was it south?).

Maybe he goes after one of the guys that was working for him? But even then, I don't think any of them really have a clue where they were.

Not only that but, I know Gus is smart and all....but how did he conclude that Lalo was going that route? He's already planted the gun there and will be waiting for him. I like how meticulous he is and how he thinks things out but him pegging Lalo's move seems pretty remarkable.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #971 on: May 11, 2022, 09:58:10 AM »

Not only that but, I know Gus is smart and all....but how did he conclude that Lalo was going that route? He's already planted the gun there and will be waiting for him. I like how meticulous he is and how he thinks things out but him pegging Lalo's move seems pretty remarkable.

I think he knows that's a possibility because Lalo was already digging at that. Remember the call from season 4 (I think) when Lalo tricked Werner into divulging info on the phone about the dig? Gus probably thinks that's one of his only leads. He knows Lalo knows he'd never get close to his house, and there are too many people at a Los Pollos location.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #972 on: May 11, 2022, 10:10:06 AM »

I think he knows that's a possibility because Lalo was already digging at that. Remember the call from season 4 (I think) when Lalo tricked Werner into divulging info on the phone about the dig? Gus probably thinks that's one of his only leads. He knows Lalo knows he'd never get close to his house, and there are too many people at a Los Pollos location.

Well....lets pretend that I'm old and my mind isn't what it used to be and that I forgot about that call and him tricking Werner into supplying him info  :lol   It's not as inconceivable to me now.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #973 on: May 11, 2022, 10:40:01 AM »
Someone also made a comment in the BCS subreddit that Gus had pitched spice curls to Marigal last season and that mention of those fries in last night's episode made Gus connect the dots that Lalo might not be coming to get him but maybe going after his business/Madrigal/Werner hence his prep in the lab if that does happen.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #974 on: May 11, 2022, 11:03:04 AM »
Someone also made a comment in the BCS subreddit that Gus had pitched spice curls to Marigal last season and that mention of those fries in last night's episode made Gus connect the dots that Lalo might not be coming to get him but maybe going after his business/Madrigal/Werner hence his prep in the lab if that does happen.

Thank you! I remembered the original spice curls scene but couldn't for the life of me figure out what triggered Gus to start acting the way he did. Even when thinking about that scene specifically in the moment, it didn't click. At first I thought it was just his employees fucking up and dropping trays. Leading up to that moment, including the positioning of the pen on his desk, I thought the intent was to show that Gus has total control of every single facet of his life, down to the smallest details like pen's location. Walking through the restaurant and seeing every employee being super meticulous reinforced that. I thought the employees messing up like that triggered something in Gus' mind to realize that he doesn't have everything under control and cracks were starting to show. The spice curls thing makes so much more sense now. What awesome writing.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 11:13:59 AM by Chino »

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #975 on: May 11, 2022, 11:05:08 AM »

Well....lets pretend that I'm old and my mind isn't what it used to be and that I forgot about that call and him tricking Werner into supplying him info  :lol   It's not as inconceivable to me now.

Yeah, that's ultimately what did Werner in. He fled for the weekend, and when Mike found him at the resort, he was on the phone with Lalo. Lalo was pretending to be someone involved with Fring. Mike had to report to Gus that Lalo (possibly unknown who it was at that particular time) was snooping around and Werner fucked up. Here's the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhuyLmXQE1E

Offline faizoff

« Reply #976 on: May 11, 2022, 11:07:13 AM »
For sure, the writing has always been amazing on this show and Breaking Bad. Almost everything seems purposeful. I need to go back and watch season 4 and 5. There are so many Lalo scenes I forgot about, like the one you mentioned about him digging around with Werner and Gus.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #977 on: May 12, 2022, 04:29:01 AM »
I feel like I missed the whole significance of Gus in the bunker. I had no idea what was happening there and why (and why it took so long).
Squ

Offline faizoff

« Reply #978 on: May 12, 2022, 06:14:23 AM »
Was that a bunker or the Meth lab they are constructing? Right before the scene, Gus tells Mike "Tell your guys we are going out." and then he walks down which I'm assuming is the same layout as the lab.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #979 on: May 12, 2022, 06:18:41 AM »
That was definitely the future meth lab. We saw them move the washing machine or dryer to access it.