Author Topic: Better Call Saul (SPOILERS)  (Read 114689 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Better Call Saul (SPOILERS)
« Reply #875 on: August 22, 2020, 02:53:30 PM »
" ‘Better Call Saul’ season 6 will “change the way we see ‘Breaking Bad’ forever”, says creator"

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/better-call-saul-season-6-will-change-the-way-we-see-breaking-bad-forever-says-creator-2734551?amp
:o
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #876 on: August 24, 2020, 06:32:04 AM »
Very intriguing and enticing comment!

I mean, since the first season we've been getting post-BB scenes, so I wonder if part of that is about where certain characters end up and why. Might also shed new light on what some characters were doing before BB I guess. Can't wait to see what it all means.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #877 on: August 24, 2020, 06:36:47 AM »
Would it be any other series, I'd shrug it away as the usual hype. Coming from them, it might actually have substance. I just hope they don't go overboard with it, Star Wars prequel style where EVERYTHING had to have an explanation.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #878 on: August 26, 2020, 05:06:56 PM »
I trust em.. They've put out such great content that it's hard to imagine anything other than whatever comes next will be terrific.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #879 on: August 27, 2020, 09:57:09 AM »
I trust em.. They've put out such great content that it's hard to imagine anything other than whatever comes next will be terrific.

Same. Can't wait to see how this all wraps up...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #880 on: April 11, 2021, 03:22:01 PM »
bump.

not a ton, but some details are talked about Seasonb 6 in this article

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/better-call-saul-writer-reveals-everything-about-season-6-sorta/

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #881 on: July 28, 2021, 10:04:25 AM »
bump.

hopefully he will be okay, but Twitter is blowing up about news of Bob Odenkirk collapsing on the set yesterday and sent to the Hospital.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/28/entertainment/bob-odenkirk-collapse-intl-scli/index.html

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #882 on: July 28, 2021, 10:32:38 AM »
Wow, I hope he gets better soon.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #883 on: July 28, 2021, 12:51:59 PM »
Three musicians died in the span of 24 hours and now this? with Aaron Paul sharing on Instagram a photo of Bob saying "I love you, my friend"? come on universe, give us a break.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #884 on: July 28, 2021, 05:21:53 PM »
https://www.tmz.com/2021/07/28/bob-odenkirk-heart-related-unconscious-medical-emergency-better-call-saul/

Bob Odenkirk was hospitalized for a "heart-related incident" ... sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ, and it was touch-and-go for the last day but it looks like he's now out of the woods.

Bob is awake inside an Albuquerque hospital and we're told he's stable and on the rebound, but when he was rushed to the hospital Tuesday after collapsing on set it did not look good. We're told he was not conscious during the early hours in the hospital, although he's now lucid.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #885 on: July 29, 2021, 01:18:29 AM »
Fingers crossed!

Offline XeRocks81

« Reply #886 on: July 30, 2021, 02:13:14 PM »
looks like he's doing okay, considering

https://twitter.com/mrbobodenkirk/status/1421195860466089991

it was pretty amazing, don't know that I've ever seen twitter so unified in love and positivity for once.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #887 on: July 30, 2021, 02:29:10 PM »
looks like he's doing okay, considering

https://twitter.com/mrbobodenkirk/status/1421195860466089991

it was pretty amazing, don't know that I've ever seen twitter so unified in love and positivity for once.

Twitch plays Pokemon is probably the next closest thing.

In all seriousness though, I'm really glad to see him doing okay.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #888 on: August 02, 2021, 12:51:10 PM »
Mr. Bob Odenkirk
@mrbobodenkirk

I had a small heart attack.   But I'm going to be ok thanks to Rosa Estrada and the doctors who knew how to fix the blockage without surgery.
Also, AMC and SONYs support and help throughout this has been next-level.  I'm going to take a beat to recover but I'll be back soon.

Phew. Glad all went wall.

Screw the timeline for the release of BCS' last season, may he get all the rest and medical attention he needs for as long as he'll need it.

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #889 on: August 02, 2021, 06:01:30 PM »
Maybe they'll adjust some plans, and shoot some scenes while he is getting much needed bed rest some time soon.  These could possibly be used as Gene Takavic scenes in Omaha.

But, I don't care if it takes five years for them to finish BCS.  I just wish him the best.   
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #890 on: February 08, 2022, 06:57:47 AM »
Bump.

new teaser for Season 6.

https://tvline.com/2022/02/07/better-call-saul-season-6-premiere-date-teaser-watch/

article says the premiere may be Monday April 18th

"In the video, a crime scene worker has laid out evidence tags bearing the letters “D” and “R,” and some eagle-eyed fans have interpreted that to mean the premiere date is April 18. (D is the fourth letter in the alphabet, and April is the fourth month of the year, while R is the 18th letter in the alphabet.) That would make sense, since April 18 is a Monday, and Better Call Saul has typically aired on Monday nights."

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #891 on: February 08, 2022, 07:12:50 AM »
Cor! Hope it hits the UK at the same time.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #892 on: February 11, 2022, 12:37:25 AM »
Bump.

new teaser for Season 6.

https://tvline.com/2022/02/07/better-call-saul-season-6-premiere-date-teaser-watch/

article says the premiere may be Monday April 18th

"In the video, a crime scene worker has laid out evidence tags bearing the letters “D” and “R,” and some eagle-eyed fans have interpreted that to mean the premiere date is April 18. (D is the fourth letter in the alphabet, and April is the fourth month of the year, while R is the 18th letter in the alphabet.) That would make sense, since April 18 is a Monday, and Better Call Saul has typically aired on Monday nights."

yep.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZzeA1FFuDO/

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #893 on: March 10, 2022, 10:42:14 AM »

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #895 on: April 08, 2022, 08:49:38 AM »
10 days

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #896 on: April 09, 2022, 11:17:32 PM »
Photobucket sucks.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #897 on: April 10, 2022, 08:31:57 AM »
Warning, spoiler for the last season: https://twitter.com/BetterCallSaul/status/1513004792049815552?s=20&t=Gk-nLgcDj5RDJ0icb1diNA

Not so much a spoiler anymore as it’s now everywhere on the interwebz. Not surprised at all…..would have been more shocked had it not happened. But did think it’d have been more closely guarded and at least an attempt at being a ‘surprise’. Guess they knew it’d get out eventually.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #898 on: April 10, 2022, 08:51:03 AM »
How stupid are they to announce this? Why not let it be a surprise?  They did the same thing when Hank was going to appear, but Walt and Jesse are whole other animals.  Unreal how dumb this is. Are they that hard up for ratings that they did this to get on the fence viewers to watch every week in the hopes that "this is the week we see Walt and Jesse?"  So dumb. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #899 on: April 10, 2022, 09:32:43 AM »
How stupid are they to announce this? Why not let it be a surprise?  They did the same thing when Hank was going to appear, but Walt and Jesse are whole other animals.  Unreal how dumb this is. Are they that hard up for ratings that they did this to get on the fence viewers to watch every week in the hopes that "this is the week we see Walt and Jesse?"  So dumb.

My bet is they knew they couldn’t keep it a secret so just take advantage of it and pimp it to begin the season.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #900 on: April 10, 2022, 09:33:59 AM »
I'm wondering how they're going to do this though. As far as we know, the first time Walt/Jesse and Saul meet is in Season 2 of Breaking Bad. BCS takes place quite some time before Breaking Bad, so it doesn't really make sense to see them together (Walt and Jesse) now, let alone actually interacting with Saul. So it's probably going to be something that takes place during the time period of BB, or something completely unrelated. We'll have to wait to find out I guess.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #901 on: April 10, 2022, 10:00:12 AM »
Yeah, I was surprised at first that they posted it, but I think they were just resigned that it was going to get out there regardless so they might as well be the ones to announce it.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #902 on: April 10, 2022, 10:09:45 AM »
With any luck, Cranton was spotted out in public with a bald head, which would have been a dead giveaway, and their announcement is a pre-emptive strike.  It would sure beat that bald cap he wore in El Camino (which I have tried to forget even happened).

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #903 on: April 10, 2022, 07:43:15 PM »
I'm wondering how they're going to do this though. As far as we know, the first time Walt/Jesse and Saul meet is in Season 2 of Breaking Bad. BCS takes place quite some time before Breaking Bad, so it doesn't really make sense to see them together (Walt and Jesse) now, let alone actually interacting with Saul. So it's probably going to be something that takes place during the time period of BB, or something completely unrelated. We'll have to wait to find out I guess.

Season 4, Episode "Quite a Ride" they did have a scene that took place during the Breaking Bad timeline. The scene in his office with Francesca

https://www.amc.com/blogs/how-better-call-saul-recreated-saul-goodmans-office--1004278

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #904 on: April 11, 2022, 05:14:22 AM »

My bet is they knew they couldn’t keep it a secret so just take advantage of it and pimp it to begin the season.

I think after the last Spiderman movie, people just know that some things are too good to not make them happen. You're probably right, everyone was expecting it, the actors were willing to do it, the joke of denying is stale, might as well go for it.

Personally, I would have just answered with a non answer... "Well, if I deny it, you wouldn't believe me anyway, and if I confirm it, where's the surprise?"

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #905 on: April 14, 2022, 01:35:29 PM »
All I know, is that Jimmy and Kim have been my favorite couple of all time.  We just wish they could go off in the distance with a lot of money and do what they've proven they could do.....  help the misfortunate.

As much as we're looking forward to this final season, their parting is going to be very painful.  We're just hoping it is not 10,000 daggers painful.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #906 on: April 14, 2022, 02:39:38 PM »
Kim's fate is something that I cannot wait to find out.....despite not having a very good feeling about how it's going to turn out for her.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #907 on: April 14, 2022, 06:34:56 PM »
Well, the thing with Kim is, she has been breaking bad for a while, but the difference between her and Jimmy is that while his natural instincts are to do the wrong or shady thing, I do not think Kim's are, but Jimmy and circumstances have brought out the worst in her.  If she ends up with a bad ending, she will have earned it.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #908 on: April 14, 2022, 07:53:58 PM »
Well, the thing with Kim is, she has been breaking bad for a while, but the difference between her and Jimmy is that while his natural instincts are to do the wrong or shady thing, I do not think Kim's are, but Jimmy and circumstances have brought out the worst in her.  If she ends up with a bad ending, she will have earned it.

For sure. I’m just wondering if she gets killed or goes to prison OR she calls the vacuum cleaner guy?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #909 on: April 14, 2022, 08:02:26 PM »
Robert Forster, who played the disappear-er, died, and I don't see them getting another actor to play that role, so I doubt they will go that route.

I could see a scenario where she and Jimmy go after Howard using unethical methods, which get exposed. and Jimmy somehow leaves her hanging out to dry, severing the relationship, and she gets disbarred.