Author Topic: NFL Thread 2015 v. Please make deflategate posts in the thread named for it  (Read 252979 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: NFL Thread 2015 v. Doug Flutie 4eva
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2015, 04:41:23 PM »
At least the Bills are becoming a relevant team, compared to slipping away from relevancy again.

That may (or may not) be true.  But that is a separate issue from claiming the Bills have "great coaches."
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2015, 04:43:43 PM »
The Bills should have optimism bosk1.  They have a damn good D but can Rex get the offense to match his defense?  So far as a coach and with multiple OC's he hasn't yet.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2015, 04:47:45 PM »
Rex Ryan is a terrific DC, but not a great head coach. I am not surprised another team gave him another shot as a head coach, but I think Bills fans should get ready for some great defense, a lot of running the ball, inconsistent QB play, always playing the Patriots tough, and having inexplicable bad games out of nowhere.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2015, 04:54:25 PM »
The Bills may or may not succeed with Rex Ryan, but I gotta say, it's hard to not be amped with a coach who seems to be so ecstatic about the team he's working with.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 12:01:04 AM by Dark Castle »

Offline Skeever

« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2015, 05:25:40 PM »
Rex Ryan is an inspirational leader who will get the very best possible play from his players on the Bills. Very similar to Harbaugh in that respect. He's the guy you bring in when your team is mostly built and it's time to go to the next level. He's not a guy who you bring in to help you reset and turn things around. He's perfect for the Bills right now, but if he can't make them a contendor and playoff team in two years, he's never going to.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2015, 05:35:27 PM »
Rex Ryan is an inspirational leader who will get the very best possible play from his players on the Bills. Very similar to Harbaugh in that respect. He's the guy you bring in when your team is mostly built and it's time to go to the next level. He's not a guy who you bring in to help you reset and turn things around. He's perfect for the Bills right now, but if he can't make them a contendor and playoff team in two years, he's never going to.
I think this is a damn fine assessment.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2015, 05:38:12 PM »
I agree as well.

So, I just read that Peyton is taking $4 million less for the Broncos.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2015, 07:22:19 AM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2015, 08:18:48 AM »
Sad day but I think us fans knew this.  He won't take a cut and the Pats won't pay him 8 mil.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2015, 12:15:16 PM »
Sad day indeed, but I saw this coming a month ago. More importantly, I think he understands completely that this is how things work in NE, and probably knew it was coming just as well. In fact, I bet he agrees with the decision.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline jammindude

« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2015, 01:31:44 PM »
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2015, 01:55:34 PM »

Thing is, the Bills already had a great defense and defensive coach. They needed a guy who could build an offense, and Rex has NEVER been that guy. I don't get it, and I don't get why he'd want to stay in the AFC East.

Offline Skeever

« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2015, 03:23:13 PM »

Thing is, the Bills already had a great defense and defensive coach. They needed a guy who could build an offense, and Rex has NEVER been that guy. I don't get it, and I don't get why he'd want to stay in the AFC East.

Well, if it were up to the Bills, they'd still have that coach. No idea why he ran away, but I guess they wanted to continue with another defensive guy.

Ryan obviously wants to stay in the East because he wants to beat Bellicheck.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2015, 03:30:06 PM »
Asking why Rex Ryan wants to stay in the AFC East is like asking why Sauron wants the Ring of Power. Like Skeever said, Rex wants to beat Bellicheck and the Bills are becoming a team that can make that happen. Sure Rex is a defensive minded coach, but he's got Greg Roman at his side who's all about that ground and pound. EJ's still gotta prove himself, but he's never even played a full season note has he had a supportive coach so I'm not ready to say he's a bust yet. People are too quick to give up on quarterbacks these days anyways. Plus with Matt Cassel, who was a great presence for Teddy Bridgewater, and played under Tom Brady as well, I think that's nothing but positive for EJ and the Bills.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2015, 04:07:20 PM »
At what?  :lol I'm trying to think of an area where that might happen. Does anybody know if Ryan has a high capacity for Nathan's hotdogs?
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2015, 04:16:04 PM »
I love when people put themselves in a position to fail. :lol

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2015, 12:38:32 PM »

Well, if it were up to the Bills, they'd still have that coach. No idea why he ran away, but I guess they wanted to continue with another defensive guy.

Ryan obviously wants to stay in the East because he wants to get beaten raw by Bellicheck.

Fixed that for you. Sounds like SMBD to me . . .

Offline Skeever

« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2015, 03:22:32 PM »
At what?  :lol I'm trying to think of an area where that might happen. Does anybody know if Ryan has a high capacity for Nathan's hotdogs?

Heh, hold your horses. If he lasts long enough to see Brady's wheels come off, he's got a good shot. Let's be real. Rex plain outsmarted Belichick a couple of times in NY. He also got blown out of the water a few times. Considering the historical QB and team the Pats have been, Rex's success rate against BB is actually pretty good. Kinda like how hitting the reactor core in the Death Star was only a small chance, but in the end, it was still the best chance :P

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2015, 03:30:32 PM »

Heh, hold your horses. If he lasts long enough to see Brady's wheels come off, he's got a good shot. Let's be real. Rex plain outsmarted Belichick a couple of times in NY. He also got blown out of the water a few times. Considering the historical QB and team the Pats have been, Rex's success rate against BB is actually pretty good. Kinda like how hitting the reactor core in the Death Star was only a small chance, but in the end, it was still the best chance :P
His teams will win occasional games against the Patriots. Some day he might even when the AFC E. The fact still remains that as a HC Ryan is pretty average, at best, and we're comparing him to one of the league's very best ever. All the small victories in the world, at this point, won't amount to him "beating" Bill Belichick.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2015, 04:14:30 PM »
The Jets wins against the Pats "are" Rex's Superbowl wind for him.  That should say enough.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2015, 04:22:28 PM »
We are all talking about the Bills, so in essence he has won something, since we are all talking about that windbag. If only he could win on the field like he does in the press room.

Lynch back with the Hawks for another year.

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Skeever

« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2015, 09:29:17 PM »

His teams will win occasional games against the Patriots. Some day he might even when the AFC E. The fact still remains that as a HC Ryan is pretty average, at best, and we're comparing him to one of the league's very best ever. All the small victories in the world, at this point, won't amount to him "beating" Bill Belichick.
Not sure what your issue is. No one is saying Rex is going to "beat" Belichick in terms of legacy. I'm just saying Rex could very well beat Belichick - a lot - in the future.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2015, 09:31:44 PM »
We are all talking about the Bills, so in essence he has won something, since we are all talking about that windbag. If only he could win on the field like he does in the press room.

Lynch back with the Hawks for another year.

I heard two...

I really think he'll retire after that.  Power backs *do not* have long careers.   As much as I love the guy, I don't want to see him end up like Earl Campbell in 20 years.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2015, 09:43:54 PM »
And now Brandon Marshall to the Jets..  Did I miss that in this thread somewhere?  That's...hmmm.   I can't figure that out yet. 

EDIT:  Percy Harvin and Brandon Marshall on the same team?   Too bad they have to play for Geno Smith...   :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2015, 10:21:32 PM »
And now Brandon Marshall to the Jets..  Did I miss that in this thread somewhere?  That's...hmmm.   I can't figure that out yet. 

EDIT:  Percy Harvin and Brandon Marshall on the same team?   Too bad they have to play for Geno Smith...   :rollin :rollin :rollin
Well they are reportedly releasing Harvin now. But Marshall and Decker is still a pretty solid combo.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2015, 10:40:28 PM »
Yeah, I don't think they were gonna keep Harvin anyway. 

Offline jammindude

« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2015, 11:07:05 PM »
Poor Percy...   Well, on second thought...   :loser:

It's just that it almost tragic to see *that much* talent, and have it be wasted on a guy that apparently no one can seem to work with.   It's like his ego is the size of 5 SB rings, but he'll never get them because he's got a reputation of being poison in the locker room now.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2015, 05:21:32 AM »
Panthers signed Greg Olson to a 3-year extension with a $12.5 M signing bonus.  Nice.

They also signed Michael Oher.  I hope he pans out.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2015, 08:43:03 AM »
So that means you all have to put up with Lynch in three more Super Bowl Media Days!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 11:24:28 AM by dparrott »
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2015, 07:30:36 AM »
Randall Cobb re-signed with the Packers.  Not surprised.

Mark Ingram re-signed with the Saints.  I am SHOCKED by that. 

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2015, 10:26:15 AM »
Which only means the very instant that Khiry Robinson proves to be the real deal, our front office is gonna throw him away for a 3rd or 4th round pick. We've fucking gutted our fantastic backfield of three equal or superior RBs (Ivory, Sproles, Thomas) just to hang on to a guy with less than ten career 100-yard games in 4 seasons. Fuck the Saints' front office.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2015, 03:17:28 PM »
While that is factually true, it is worth pointing that Ingram has been pretty great more often than not the last year and change (when he wasn't hurt :lol).  He ran for nearly 1,000 yards in 2014 despite missing three games.  I am not a fan of giving RBs big money nowadays, but the Mark Ingram of today is not the same Mark Ingram of 2011 and 2012.

Also, Suh is signing with Miami.

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2015, 03:47:22 PM »
Maxwell and Gore set to sign with Eagles, although obviously not official until Tuesday.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
E.F. Benson