Author Topic: NFL Thread 2015 v. Please make deflategate posts in the thread named for it  (Read 252977 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: NFL Thread 2015 v. Doug Flutie 4eva
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2015, 09:35:55 AM »
Since it looks like Shane Vereen will be a FA casualty, I'd love to see NE bring in Bush. Pretty nice opportunity, given that one will be seeking far more than he's getting and the other is going to have to take a pay cut. I'm not sure how sharp Bush is, but his explosiveness would be a step up on Vereen filling the same role. I'm always wary of bringing in new guys to their system, look at Chad Johnson, after all, but I suspect that role would be a bit easier to sink into than a pure receiver.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2015, 09:54:26 AM »
I think Reggie will demand too much money for a 3rd down back.  It always seems that Bill finds a player to draft or off the waiver wire to fill that void. I don't expect them to allocate money for that position.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2015, 10:11:34 AM »
I think Reggie will demand too much money for a 3rd down back.  It always seems that Bill finds a player to draft or off the waiver wire to fill that void. I don't expect them to allocate money for that position.
Honestly, I consider the 3rd down back more important than the starter in their system. Vereen didn't get the numbers that Blount did, but I think he's a more important cog. Also, the Lions dumped him because they wouldn't pay a measly 3.2 million for him. Given the fact that he's not, nor will ever be, an every down back, I don't think the market will drive his salary up much. It wouldn't surprise me if he signed for SB team for that number, which while still more than the pittance they were paying SV is still much cheaper than his current demands.

Also, they're going to lose Amendola so they're going to need a KR. Wouldn't you like to see Reggie Bush that slot?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2015, 11:13:53 AM »
Would Bill Belichick hiring Mike Ehrmantraut as his head of security really surprise anybody? 

The picture just looks so perfect.  :lol
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2015, 11:47:04 AM »
 :lol

I would take Reggie in a heartbeat but I'll assume he's taking a very big paycut to be here.  Does he want to sacrifice money for a chance to win a ring. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2015, 12:11:08 PM »
:lol

I would take Reggie in a heartbeat but I'll assume he's taking a very big paycut to be here.  Does he want to sacrifice money for a chance to win a ring.
Well, he's already got a ring. He's also already made a shitload of money. I doubt he'd work for less than the 3.2 he was supposed to be paid by Detroit, so the question is whether or not NE would shell that out for a 3rd down, pass catching back/K/PR. Consider what they've been paying Vereen and Blount I guess they probably wouldn't, but you can never tell. Just seems like people seemingly on the downswing of their careers are the sorts of guys that fit in well with NE, and in his case it might offer a great chance to increase his value back up after a piss-poor 2014.
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2015, 01:28:15 PM »
Yeah, that Pats do that a lot.  I know since they talk about it here in N.E. that Bill slots a certain amount on a certain position and holds to it.  Many vets here have moved on like Ty Law, Adam Viniteri, Lawyer Milloy, Logan Mankins ect... because Bill looks at how much he is paying them at that slotted money for that position.  I just think you will go with someone else.

Though, they did pay Amendola  crazy money which if he wants to stay he'll have to take a cut in pay.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2015, 09:17:25 PM »
I can't think of any way to make orange and brown look good.

Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2015, 05:26:28 AM »
Goddammit
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2015, 05:09:51 PM »
So apparently the Eagles are trading McCoy to the Bills for Kiko Alonso. Interesting...

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2015, 05:11:01 PM »
So apparently the Eagles are trading McCoy to the Bills for Kiko Alonso. Interesting...
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
WHAT THE FUCK. WE'VE BEEN WAITING ALL LAST SEASON FOR KIKO TO COME BACK.
I'm fucking pissed off if this is true. What the fuck.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2015, 05:12:06 PM »
Philly was supposedly looking to cut him anyway.  Good trade for them, especially since RBs are so interchangeable now. 

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2015, 05:13:56 PM »
Yeah if it's true I definitely like it. McCoys cap number was ridiculous and now instead of cutting him to save money we get a potential Pro Bowler in an area of need (and still on a rookie contract).

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2015, 05:17:17 PM »
Don't get why the Bills are trading for an RB who's seen some wear and tear(along with being pricey) and giving away one of their best young talents for it :L
Fuck this noise

EDIT: I may be letting my man crush on Kiko be getting to my head, and I know that McCoy didn't really have much of a line last year to shine but I'm just crushed by this trade. Seriously, Kiko's an amazing player and McCoy costs a butt ton :(
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:23:57 PM by Dark Castle »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2015, 07:55:49 PM »
And there goes the one player for the Eagles that doesn't make me wretch. Bring on that charter plane crash now.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2015, 07:59:33 PM »
After a brief grieving period, it is a good trade for both teams. I'm going to miss the legend though  :'(
Hopefully McCoy brings more to the team, it sucks to see CJ never panning out for us.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2015, 09:26:26 PM »
No use crying over spiller milk.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline jammindude

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2015, 01:30:00 AM »
This just seems like an insane move to me. 

Doesn't Buffalo already have 2 incredibly talented flex RB's?   Is there room for 3?   
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

• DT.net Member
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2015, 03:41:07 AM »
Thurman Thomas and O.J. Simpson are coming out of retirement too.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2015, 09:31:01 AM »
This just seems like an insane move to me. 

Doesn't Buffalo already have 2 incredibly talented flex RB's?   Is there room for 3?
Fred Jackson is 34 and CJ Spiller has never panned out and always injured easily and isn't going to be coming back.

EDIT: In other news, the Bills have acquired Matt Cassel from the Vikings and exchanged draft picks as well. I like it, low cost/risk move that helps them avoid having to bid too high on shitty FA options, and he'll be a good veteran presence to push EJ. I like how aggressive the Bills have been this offseason!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:31:57 AM by Dark Castle »

Offline jammindude

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2015, 11:39:46 AM »
ESPN was reporting that McCoy is really pissed about the move.  Something about always having been a Philly boy from HS thru college.  (is that true?)  I hope he can be professional enough to put his all into it.   

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2015, 11:42:19 AM »
I could totally understand being upset about being traded away, but I'm confident he'll adjust. Also most players don't mind once they see how awesome the fan base is at the stadium. And Buffalo's not too far away from home for him anyways  :lol

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2015, 12:01:11 PM »
Well he went to college at Pitt so he's always been a Pennsylvania guy but not always a Philly guy. And he's going to have a huge role in the Bills offense so he should adjust quickly.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2015, 12:59:12 PM »
Matt Cassel to the Bills.

No threat to the Pats now.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2015, 01:18:22 PM »

Why exactly? He's meant to be a veteran presence to push EJ and out of  all the free agent Qbs the bills were looking at, he's one of the better ones, and we essentially gave up a 5th round pick and gained a 6th for him. Matt Cassel is a decent Qb, and it lets the Bills focus on finish up retooling the O-Line in the draft and Free Agency now that they don't have to worry about possibly bidding stupid, exorbitant prices for a possibly lesser option.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2015, 03:21:48 PM »

Agreed.  Cassel is a stooge.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2015, 03:36:45 PM »
Don't get how he's a stooge, he's a better option than any FA option, will fit Greg Roman's system, and is a veteran who will push EJ for the starter position and would actually have some awesome players on the offense with him. Also he'll be a great mentor for EJ, since the organization still wants EJ to start

Offline jammindude

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2015, 03:58:52 PM »
Well...with Rex Ryan in charge, won't he kindof end up being a defacto OC?  lol   ;)

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2015, 04:03:05 PM »
Well...with Rex Ryan in charge, won't he kindof end up being a defacto OC?  lol   ;)
The Bills do have Greg Roman you know  :P

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2015, 04:10:14 PM »

Why exactly? He's meant to be a veteran presence to push EJ and out of  all the free agent Qbs the bills were looking at, he's one of the better ones, and we essentially gave up a 5th round pick and gained a 6th for him. Matt Cassel is a decent Qb, and it lets the Bills focus on finish up retooling the O-Line in the draft and Free Agency now that they don't have to worry about possibly bidding stupid, exorbitant prices for a possibly lesser option.

Matt needs a well established offense to flourish, he can't do that on his own and his record since leaving the Pats is proof.  His first year in KC was his only good year.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2015, 04:11:14 PM »
The Bills do have Greg Roman you know  :P

I just got a bad feeling like this is going to be The Jets all over again.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2015, 04:11:52 PM »
The eye test tells me that Cassel is a stooge.  Then again, the Bills were basically a .500 team last year with Kyle Orton and EJ Manuel, so his mediocrity may not kill them completely.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2015, 04:20:54 PM »

Matt needs a well established offense to flourish, he can't do that on his own and his record since leaving the Pats is proof.  His first year in KC was his only good year.
He may be coming to a team with a new coach, but on the other hand he's coming to a team with great weapons, and great coaches.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2015, 04:26:27 PM »
My bad.  I thought he was coming to a team with Rex Ryan and Greg Roman.  Which team is he actually going to then?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2015, 04:29:43 PM »
My bad.  I thought he was coming to a team with Rex Ryan and Greg Roman.  Which team is he actually going to then?
::)
At least the Bills are becoming a relevant team, compared to slipping away from relevancy again.

*In general, lol at that post*
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:36:24 PM by Dark Castle »