Author Topic: NFL Thread 2015 v. Please make deflategate posts in the thread named for it  (Read 252958 times)

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: NFL Thread 2015 v. Doug Flutie 4eva
« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2015, 11:15:34 AM »
It's going to be fascinating this year watching McCoy, Murray and McFadden. If McFadden stays healthy Dallas might be the big winner. If not then the smart money's on Buffalo.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2015, 11:28:57 AM »
Exactly.

I am sorry, but I am 100% on DeMarco's side here.  He is injury-prone anyway, and history has shown that RBs that get that many touches in a season often fall of the cliff shortly thereafter, so Murray had to get paid now.  This was the highest his value will ever be as a free agent.
Yeah, I certainly wouldn't fault DM for taking the money. I'd say that he might have landed in a better place, though. I'd be surprised if Phili was the only team interested. I'm also not sure what Dallas was offering, but word on the street was that he was being pissy with them. He seemed to think that Dallas owed him something and was wanting more from Dallas than other suitors.

Phili making the move still surprises me, though. I think they're going to miss McCoy in a year. They also jettisoned him at a point where his contract was going to turn favorable to them. Seems like they might have made a somewhat shortsighted move to get out of this one year thing. I'm not cap expert, though.

I heard Dallas would give him only $5m.  :lol  Apparently not enough.  Anyway you look at it, Murray is still a sellout.  He had something going in Dallas.  I'm glad he's gone now.  He's definitely not half the man I thought he was.  Good riddance.
WTF OK, buddy.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2015, 11:42:39 AM »
Exactly.

I am sorry, but I am 100% on DeMarco's side here.  He is injury-prone anyway, and history has shown that RBs that get that many touches in a season often fall of the cliff shortly thereafter, so Murray had to get paid now.  This was the highest his value will ever be as a free agent.
Yeah, I certainly wouldn't fault DM for taking the money. I'd say that he might have landed in a better place, though. I'd be surprised if Phili was the only team interested. I'm also not sure what Dallas was offering, but word on the street was that he was being pissy with them. He seemed to think that Dallas owed him something and was wanting more from Dallas than other suitors.

Phili making the move still surprises me, though. I think they're going to miss McCoy in a year. They also jettisoned him at a point where his contract was going to turn favorable to them. Seems like they might have made a somewhat shortsighted move to get out of this one year thing. I'm not cap expert, though.

I heard Dallas would give him only $5m.  :lol  Apparently not enough.  Anyway you look at it, Murray is still a sellout.  He had something going in Dallas.  I'm glad he's gone now.  He's definitely not half the man I thought he was.  Good riddance.
WTF OK, buddy.

It's ok Hef.  I wouldn't expect you to understand my point of view anyway, much less respect it.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2015, 11:43:51 AM »
I heard $6 mil on ESPN.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2015, 01:36:52 PM »
It's ok Hef.  I wouldn't expect you to understand my point of view anyway, much less respect it.
Maybe if you would explain it, I could understand it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2015, 03:32:59 PM »
His point seems to be that players should take less money and be loyal to franchises that will dump them in a heartbeat the minute they aren't playing well enough to justify a large contract.

I think it was said already, but fans take this whole loyalty thing way more seriously than players do.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #181 on: March 16, 2015, 03:36:36 PM »
Wilfork signs with Houston.

Thanks for everything Vince!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #182 on: March 16, 2015, 03:37:19 PM »
His point seems to be that players should take less money and be loyal to franchises that will dump them in a heartbeat the minute they aren't playing well enough to justify a large contract.

I think it was said already, but fans take this whole loyalty thing way more seriously than players do.
It kind of stings when they go to a rival though, I think we can at least acknowledge that. There's reports that Stevie Johnson will be signing with the Patriots which if true will sting a bit.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2015, 03:41:54 PM »

Man, I loved his tweets. Good luck to Vince.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2015, 03:43:55 PM »
Willfork?

Well, since the dish ran away with the spoon, I wouldn't put it past him.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2015, 03:49:45 PM »

Man, I loved his tweets. Good luck to Vince.

Did you see the one where he went up to some guy that was wearing a Wilfork jesey while on vacation? Very cool.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2015, 04:05:00 PM »
Yes I did Tim.

Bosk1,  we had a nickname for him in our section. We used to yell out ,"Wilfiggity".  We will miss him.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2015, 04:42:13 PM »

Indeed. He's just such a likeable guy.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: March 17, 2015, 08:04:38 PM »

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #190 on: March 18, 2015, 08:44:44 AM »
That doesn't make him any less right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #191 on: March 18, 2015, 08:50:15 AM »
Correct, I just wanted to point that out.  He was on some very bad Pats teams when I was younger.  20,000 fans in the stands (including myself) for the 1-15 and 6-9 years with him at QB.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #192 on: March 18, 2015, 08:55:21 AM »
He says what I have been saying the whole time. "The play was there, the Seahawks didn't execute..."

Didn't Millen also play for the Seahawks, or am I misremembering?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:08:25 AM by TAC »

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #193 on: March 18, 2015, 09:38:07 AM »
When I clicked on that link I was wondering if that was Millen. Yes, good assessment, even if in hindsight.

The play was there, but if guys on the other side of the ball anticipate it coming, was it really the right call?

Millen did not play for the Seahawks. He is from Seattle and played for UW though, which makes him local.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #194 on: March 21, 2015, 08:14:34 AM »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #195 on: March 21, 2015, 01:52:16 PM »
Pretty much the definitive NFL hard-ass; my kinda guy.

E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2015, 09:18:28 PM »
Just as lame as what the Patriots did in January if you ask me.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2015, 09:21:10 PM »
Not even close.  If the Pats did something then by all means fine the crap out of them but the Pats filed for owner Woody Johnson talking about Revis before free agency was afoot.  Now after Revis was signed Kraft says something and to many, it's retaliation and petty.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #199 on: March 24, 2015, 09:29:19 PM »
I don't see how it's not even close, but then again sometimes I don't even try to understand how stupid some of the rules in the NFL are. Things like this make the league hard to take seriously at times; frankly the accusations by both teams are comical and childish in my opinion.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2015, 05:47:10 AM »
That is very true.  Like we don't know that the Pats talked to Revis last year.  He was signed 5 hours after he became a free agent.  That's fast work there.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2015, 12:12:51 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, the mark of a good coach is having rules named after you. Don't know if Belichick already has one (or twelve) but we now have a new Belichick Rule:

UPDATE: In a move that will make Baltimore fans happy, NFL owners passed Wednesday the rule proposal making the practice of players declaring themselves ineligible and then lining up in the slot illegal. Players reporting ineligible must line up in the tackle box. The Patriots used that tactic to much success in a divisional playoff win over the Ravens this past January.

Kind of sorry, honestly. That was innovative as all fuck.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2015, 12:46:15 PM »
It seems so many rules are either changed or emphasized after Bill does something in the playoffs. The Raven and Indy for example.  How do you slow down the mind of BB every time he comes up with a twist.

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2015, 01:38:11 PM »
Don't really see the need to ban it. It certainly didn't break the game or anything.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2015, 02:17:15 PM »
Don't really see the need to ban it. It certainly didn't break the game or anything.
Especially considering that one week later the Colts had no problem at all defending it (as opposed to the other 75 or so plays in that game  :lol). The Ravens simply got caught unprepared.
E.F. Benson

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2015, 02:46:44 PM »
Yeah, I can't stand the Patriots, but they weren't breaking or abusing the rules. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #206 on: April 21, 2015, 08:02:23 PM »
Congratulations, Kev. Looks like you finally get a home game against the Patriots. I'll be curious to see if it helps.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #207 on: April 21, 2015, 08:37:04 PM »
Congratulations, Kev. Looks like you finally get a home game against the Patriots. I'll be curious to see if it helps.

:lol

It's lines like this that make me miss football.  It can't start fast enough,

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #208 on: April 22, 2015, 06:31:26 AM »
Panthers get their first-ever Thanksgiving game, at the Cowboys.

Hopefully we will be good enough that it will be a meaningful game.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #209 on: April 22, 2015, 08:43:19 AM »
If Dallas plays at home this year like they did last year, Carolina has a good chance.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White