Author Topic: NFL Thread 2015 v. Please make deflategate posts in the thread named for it  (Read 252950 times)

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: NFL Thread 2015 v. Doug Flutie 4eva
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2015, 08:21:30 AM »
Not seeing much here so, are the Eagles nuts?

Not nearly as nuts as DeMarco Murray will be if he decides to play there.  :lol  Also, if he has dollar signs in his eyes, he might go to Oakland and then he'd be even more nuts.   :\
Hey, that's an interesting point. I wonder how that'd work out. I figure they'd alternate between cheering him when he plays and does well and flinging feces at him the other 165 hours of the week.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2015, 08:34:41 AM »
 :lol  Yeah, either that or they'll put a recording of Al Davis in his locker saying, "Just win baby" and then he'll wish he was back in Dallas.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #142 on: March 12, 2015, 03:29:13 PM »
Scratch that idea Barto.  He's going to Philly where the fans will boo him and throw beer bottles because they can't figure out why he can't run behind a shitty O-line.   :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2015, 03:39:04 PM »
Shitty O-Line?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2015, 03:57:18 PM »
Shitty O-line is unfair. Phili's is quite respectable. However, particularly with run blocking, it is a huge step behind Dallas's.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #145 on: March 12, 2015, 04:10:12 PM »
Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant.  Sorry Tom, shitty was a bad word.  I should've said less than adequate from what DM is used to.  :p

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2015, 04:16:51 PM »
Smart move by DeMarco Murray.  He got himself paid (which you can't argue with, given that he is a RB) and landed on a team that has won 10 games the last two seasons.  It's not like he took the money and ended up in Siberia (see: Oakland). 

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #147 on: March 12, 2015, 04:31:37 PM »
It'll be interesting to see how he does this season after a season in which he took almost 400 fucking carries. And until this past year he was injury prone. I'm happy for the guy, he was great with the Cowboys and for that I'm thankful.

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2015, 05:24:33 PM »
Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant.  Sorry Tom, shitty was a bad word.  I should've said less than adequate from what DM is used to.  :p
Yeah I'll admit they're a step down from the 'Boys, but if Mathis stays (big if right now), that's still 3 pro bowlers.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2015, 05:26:16 PM »
Word around the yard is that Mathis is possible trade fodder, although that was making the rounds before Murray was an Eagles so I'm not so sure there's much to that talk anymore.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2015, 06:15:26 PM »
Smart move by DeMarco Murray.  He got himself paid (which you can't argue with, given that he is a RB) and landed on a team that has won 10 games the last two seasons.  It's not like he took the money and ended up in Siberia (see: Oakland).
If he gets injured of fails to put up monster numbers he'll like find Siberia or Oakland to be more pleasant than Phili once those people turn on him.
E.F. Benson

Offline Skeever

« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2015, 06:35:10 PM »
Indeed. Philly hates its own. Chip Kelly is the ultimate Eagle, the only guy who hates the Eagles more than they hated themselves (apparently).

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2015, 06:35:54 PM »
It's gonna be interesting seeing what numbers he puts up without that Cowboys O-line in front of him.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2015, 08:07:20 AM »

I disagree.  Getting paid shouldn't have been his #1 priority.  He had a good thing going in Dallas and if he had stuck with it, the money would've eventually been there.  (see: Emmitt Smith).  But, if DM wants to be a money mongering free agent and go to a division rival of all places, then good riddance.  We don't need him.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2015, 08:13:10 AM »

I disagree.  Getting paid shouldn't have been his #1 priority.  He had a good thing going in Dallas and if he had stuck with it, the money would've eventually been there.  (see: Emmitt Smith).  But, if DM wants to be a money mongering free agent and go to a division rival of all places, then good riddance.  We don't need him.
For many positions, that may be the case.  But not RB.  They have a very limited shelf life compared to other positions.  The money would not eventually be there, because his production will only go down over time, as age and injuries accrue.  Now is his time to get money, and he got it, and with a decent team.  Good for him.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2015, 11:36:58 AM »

For many positions, that may be the case.  But not RB.  They have a very limited shelf life compared to other positions.  The money would not eventually be there, because his production will only go down over time, as age and injuries accrue.  Now is his time to get money, and he got it, and with a decent team.  Good for him.

Eh, that may be true for today's mamby pamby RB's.  You forgot to acknowledge the Emmitt Smith reference which was the basis of my point.  He didn't have to go to another team to get paid more.  He was tough and put in the work before he held out for more the money because he deserved it.  If dollar signs are Murray's only priority then that's all he'll ever have.  Good for him.  :lol

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2015, 11:38:38 AM »
CJ Spiller to the Saints. Glad that he signed to another team, and they're not in the AFC East  :lol
Saint's backfield ain't looking too shabby.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2015, 12:05:04 PM »
Eh, that may be true for today's mamby pamby RB's.
It is.

You forgot to acknowledge the Emmitt Smith reference which was the basis of my point.  He didn't have to go to another team to get paid more.  He was tough and put in the work before he held out for more the money because he deserved it.
That was a different time.  And, frankly, a different running back.

If dollar signs are Murray's only priority then that's all he'll ever have.  Good for him.  :lol
I don't think dollar signs are any more important to him than they are to the teams.  So I don't know why he should have any more loyalty to teams than they have to him.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2015, 12:19:03 PM »
The league is a passing league and the value of RB's are a lot less then the mid 90's.  So for him to get that contract he had to with their short life span in the NFL and the fact he has been injury prone and had the mother of all healthy years this past year.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2015, 12:21:57 PM »
The league is a passing league and the value of RB's are a lot less then the mid 90's.  So for him to get that contract he had to with their short life span in the NFL and the fact he has been injury prone and had the mother of all healthy years this past year.
Exactly.  It's not the 90s anymore, and his iron is hot now.  Time to strike.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2015, 01:40:34 PM »
Bills to sign Percy Harvin to a 1 year deal! This is great! We now just need to lock up a TE, it looks like Miami is dumping players to outbid teh Bills and just fuck themselves financially next year to get Clay, but I think Gresham is still available.

The moves these Bills are making just have me so pumped.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 01:45:54 PM by Dark Castle »

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2015, 02:14:45 PM »
Eh, that may be true for today's mamby pamby RB's.
It is.

You forgot to acknowledge the Emmitt Smith reference which was the basis of my point.  He didn't have to go to another team to get paid more.  He was tough and put in the work before he held out for more the money because he deserved it.
That was a different time.  And, frankly, a different running back.

If dollar signs are Murray's only priority then that's all he'll ever have.  Good for him.  :lol
I don't think dollar signs are any more important to him than they are to the teams.  So I don't know why he should have any more loyalty to teams than they have to him.

True.  The whole league has turned into one big $.  Sad isn't it?  What used to be a game back in the day has turned into a business.  Keeps getting worse every year.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2015, 02:56:19 PM »
It's always been a business for the owners.  The players are starting to wise up.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2015, 04:05:28 PM »
Exactly.

I am sorry, but I am 100% on DeMarco's side here.  He is injury-prone anyway, and history has shown that RBs that get that many touches in a season often fall of the cliff shortly thereafter, so Murray had to get paid now.  This was the highest his value will ever be as a free agent.

Spiller will be the new Sproles in NO, and I think he will be scary catching balls out of the backfield on that team.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2015, 04:37:59 PM »
Exactly.

I am sorry, but I am 100% on DeMarco's side here.  He is injury-prone anyway, and history has shown that RBs that get that many touches in a season often fall of the cliff shortly thereafter, so Murray had to get paid now.  This was the highest his value will ever be as a free agent.
Yeah, I certainly wouldn't fault DM for taking the money. I'd say that he might have landed in a better place, though. I'd be surprised if Phili was the only team interested. I'm also not sure what Dallas was offering, but word on the street was that he was being pissy with them. He seemed to think that Dallas owed him something and was wanting more from Dallas than other suitors.

Phili making the move still surprises me, though. I think they're going to miss McCoy in a year. They also jettisoned him at a point where his contract was going to turn favorable to them. Seems like they might have made a somewhat shortsighted move to get out of this one year thing. I'm not cap expert, though.
E.F. Benson

Offline jammindude

« Reply #165 on: March 13, 2015, 06:36:42 PM »
RUMOR:  As if bad team chemistry couldn't possibly be made any worse...  The Niners are apparently actively seeking to sign Percy Harvin.   :facepalm:
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #166 on: March 13, 2015, 06:39:07 PM »
And the Patriots are looking to take Reggie Bush. Where have I heard that before?
E.F. Benson

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #167 on: March 13, 2015, 06:56:31 PM »
RUMOR:  As if bad team chemistry couldn't possibly be made any worse...  The Niners are apparently actively seeking to sign Percy Harvin.   :facepalm:
Nope Bills got him.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #168 on: March 13, 2015, 07:48:39 PM »
Nope Bills got him.

I don't think it's final yet....and then there's this:

https://twitter.com/NBCdianna/status/576496919234682880
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
« Reply #169 on: March 15, 2015, 07:26:14 PM »
Packers going all the way.

You can end the thread now.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #170 on: March 15, 2015, 11:57:02 PM »
Nah. Oilers all the way.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #171 on: March 16, 2015, 12:00:28 AM »
Nah. Oilers all the way.
I really miss the Oilers  :sadpanda:

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #172 on: March 16, 2015, 12:23:23 AM »
You were 5 at the time of their defuncting. Splain pls.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2015, 12:35:45 AM »
They were my favorite team to play as in vidja games when I was a kid, and my dad's side were big fans of them, it kinda rubbed off.

Offline Dublagent66

• DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #174 on: March 16, 2015, 10:54:48 AM »
Exactly.

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't fault DM for taking the money. I'd say that he might have landed in a better place, though. I'd be surprised if Phili was the only team interested. I'm also not sure what Dallas was offering, but word on the street was that he was being pissy with them. He seemed to think that Dallas owed him something and was wanting more from Dallas than other suitors.

Phili making the move still surprises me, though. I think they're going to miss McCoy in a year. They also jettisoned him at a point where his contract was going to turn favorable to them. Seems like they might have made a somewhat shortsighted move to get out of this one year thing. I'm not cap expert, though.

I heard Dallas would give him only $5m.  :lol  Apparently not enough.  Anyway you look at it, Murray is still a sellout.  He had something going in Dallas.  I'm glad he's gone now.  He's definitely not half the man I thought he was.  Good riddance.