Author Topic: DT in Bolivia? New tour?  (Read 2532 times)

Offline orphaeusest

DT in Bolivia? New tour?
« on: November 22, 2014, 12:35:50 AM »
LaBrire wrote this in his Facebook page:

"Had a great time in Bolivia tonight. Great crowd.
Can't believe the altitude of this city, 12000 feet plus. You can't ignore how it affects you when you become slightly winded while brushing your teeth.
See u next time La Paz with Dream Theatet".

Obviously, Dream Theatet stands for Dream Theater (it was a misprint).

What do you think? Isn't too early to talk about the nex tour? They still have a new album, already anticipaded by Petrucci at the beginning of this current year....

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
Re: DT in Bolivia? New tour?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 12:03:10 PM »
That's probably just wishful thinking by his part. I don't expect a tour until 2016 or late 2015.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline orphaeusest

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 12:10:49 PM »
Wrong message (to delete).

Offline orphaeusest

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 12:11:42 PM »
That's probably just wishful thinking by his part. I don't expect a tour until 2016 or late 2015.

I don't really know when there's the next tour, but it's clear what they are going to do in the next time. They have very clear ideas about what to do. But if this is only a wish, why has he written as it were a certain? "See you next time La Paz with Dream TheateR". They have already played in Peru in 2010... what if they really played in Bolivia? Wouldn't it be great?

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 12:19:12 PM »
Maybe there's some promoter pressure for them to come down to Bolivia, which would be nice if DT has a big fan base there. Remember it's not up to them if they come around a country or a city; it's up to the promoters and their tour manager.

Maybe JLB spoke to someone down there in Bolivia who is interested in bringing DT down there?
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline orphaeusest

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 02:42:50 PM »
Maybe there's some promoter pressure for them to come down to Bolivia, which would be nice if DT has a big fan base there. Remember it's not up to them if they come around a country or a city; it's up to the promoters and their tour manager.

Maybe JLB spoke to someone down there in Bolivia who is interested in bringing DT down there?

Yes, of course there are promoters and local politicians to decide if they want or do not want DT (or any other band) in their city, But I think it's quite strange to talk about so early, as if it were sure. The Along for the Ride world tour has just ended.

Anyway, a DT show in Bolivia would really be a great event to remember, after Peru in 2010. The last tour was lacking a lot of countries in South America, and no New Zealand.

Offline McNugg

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 03:15:22 AM »
He's touring with the Metal All Stars.  The two songs he is performing are Pull Me Under and I Got You.

Obligatory vids :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GWc0UXzqb0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob8Tz0267QU

Edit - Ah, I see it's being discussed in the main DT forum now  :tup  https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=42039.0

Offline orphaeusest

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 10:47:13 AM »
There's an important updating, guys. From DT official fb:

"On this day of thanks, we want to say just how thankful Dream Theater is for our many fans and friends from all around the world. Looking forward to seeing you on the road in 2015".

What do you think about it?

Offline Octavarious

• Scenes from a Mesmerism
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 02:54:43 AM »
 I think that it would be better to merge this topic with the other one on same subject on this board.
 :biggrin: ( scusa orphaeusest, non ce l'ho con te, eh? Č che cosė si segue meglio l'argomento. In gamba!)
I don't think they can already make detailed plans on tour on 2015, unless they just want 2015 to be a touring year, with completely different setlist. The AFTR tour 2014 is over, and won't come back.
For anniversary sake, if that's going to be the case, they would drop the SFAM closing set, and propose something 10 (8VM) or 20 (ACOS) years old, for sure.
Another touring year or so, without record to promote would have many further pros:
Tours bring more money than records selling ( and if they go with a set with both suites mentioned above, they would over sell the BR/DVD)
Chance to play the remaining songs from DT12 (they could call it The Gigger Picture :facepalm: )
More time to write and select material for new album in late 2016 (and the more we wait, the more anxiously we woul pre-order)
So, not a bad call, after all...
From Rome, with love.

Offline Octavarious

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 08:31:26 AM »
I forgot 15 years of SDOIT.
Well not too bad, wouldn't it?

Of course a different plan would be to play one piece from each album for the 30th anniversary...
They already did something like this before didn't they? Not sure they would do it again.
From Rome, with love.

Offline orphaeusest

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 09:38:10 AM »
I didn't notice the other thread about the same subject (but mine is the oldest one, so I have the priority  :xbones).

I think they have clear ideas about their will for the next 2 years. Petrucci mentioned that he has stuff for the next album in january, but this is another theme not concerning the tour.

So, talking about the tour I don't really know if it will be a sort of "queque" of the Along for the Ride world tour or anything else. We also have to consider that there was no North America for a second leg. All we know is that a tour is going to be planned and James said goodbye to La Paz for the next time with DT. That's all we actually know. Another fact is that it is quite strange the lack of 3 songs from DT13 in the setlist. I think something like that has never happened in DT tour history. I hope for a great tour as the last one (although the setlist was the same for every show of every leg and I would like them to change not as Portnoy used to do but at at least like during the A Dramatic Tour of Events world tour). I will not miss it, and I am already planning for more than one show as I've been using to do since 2007 (before Chaos in Motion, I used to attend only one show during a leg).

Octavarius, do I know you? o.O Are you from IV, too? o.O

Offline Octavarious

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 04:14:22 PM »
We'll see.
About IV I'm on the FB page, but post seldom...
Unless you were in the 1st row on Petrucci side at the last Palalottomatica gig, I don't think we met  before... ;)
From Rome, with love.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 05:38:17 PM »
He could just be saying that the next time he is playing there, it will be in DT and that he does not plan on going back for any other reason?  I think a lot of musicians/entertainers say these things because they just assume they will be back, but dont necessarily have concrete plans.  I wouldnt take it too seriously.

Offline orphaeusest

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2014, 12:01:56 AM »
We'll see.
About IV I'm on the FB page, but post seldom...
Unless you were in the 1st row on Petrucci side at the last Palalottomatica gig, I don't think we met  before... ;)

I was in Rome, of course, but not in the 1st row. I don't like so much staying ahead. I'm old, maybe! The best show in Rome was at Capannelle in 2011, in my opinion.

Anyway, we are waiting for further news abut the next year :D. The way that James told us the news suggests a sureness. And later on, the post on fb page.

I think a lot of musicians/entertainers say these things because they just assume they will be back, but dont necessarily have concrete plans.  I wouldnt take it too seriously.

I don't really know. Every time they told us that they would be back, they came back. I don't think that they want to give us wrong expectations. But it's early, now. I'm only happy for their return, at the moment. And hope to see them in many wonderful venues! (Palaisozaki in Turin? :D All IV hopes for a show in Turin at Palaisozaki and some day this will happen :D)