Author Topic: More proof that Al Sharpton is a race-baiter  (Read 2303 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
More proof that Al Sharpton is a race-baiter
« on: January 17, 2015, 10:28:03 AM »
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/al-sharpton-calls-emergency-meeting-210136185.html

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I almost fell off the elliptical at the gym earlier from laughing at seeing this headline pop up on one of the TVs I was glancing at while burning calories.

Unreal that anybody takes this con artist seriously.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: More proof that Al Sharpton is a race-baiter
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 01:54:24 PM »
I think Al's a knucklehead just like everybody else, but in all fairness there are tons of people, white conservatives among them, who were saying the same thing since the nominations were announced. People were referring to snubs well before Al stuck his nose into it, and even FOX suggested a "stunning lack of diversity" in this year's nominations. George Lucas wrote an op-ed suggesting that the director not take it personally because the Oscars are full of shit and the voters little more than politicians.

As I say every time Al says something stupid, the guy's a jackass but even jackasses can raise valid points. Sometimes you just have to look through a layer or two of idiocy to see them.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Calvin6s

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 03:37:19 PM »
Al Sharpton definitely has a point here.  I mean, how can they overlook the brilliance of Ride Along?

And how did they not see the originality of Get on Up?

Or Morgan Freeman in The Lego Movie?

Or Samuel Jackson in RoboCop?

Or Selma - oh wait - Selma is in the best movie category (and will probably win now despite the fact that it is being torn apart right now)

You can't just look at stuff by race.  That's what Al Sharpton does.  That's racist.  You are supposed to look at it based on merit.  What did Al Sharpton base this on?  First, he isn't really qualified to judge merit at the movies.  Leave that up to those in the industry.  Second, he really didn't offer up why a black actor/director/writer/etc. deserved to win.  That's called race baiting and people grow more tired of it every day with every instance of crying wolf ... and it just so happens Al Sharpton is always in the middle of it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 03:42:45 PM »
Exactly.

I don't watch as many movies as I used to, but what black actors should have gotten nominations this year? And at whose expense?  I am genuinely curious.  Of course, that tax cheat Sharpton will never say; he'll just keep stirring the pot to help the disintegration of race relations, while he rakes in the dough.

Do we ignore that Denzel Washington over the years has received 7 Academy Award nominations?

Or the 5 Morgan Freeman has received?

And hey, didn't Halle Barry once win Best Actress?

Calvin6s

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 04:14:17 PM »
Do we ignore that Denzel Washington over the years has received 7 Academy Award nominations?

You don't even have to go that far back in history.  You only have to go back to last years results.

Why no real controversy like;  why do we still have best actor and best actress?  Can women not compete with men as just an actor?  Didn't we already relinquish the term actress because it was sexist?  Personally, I don't care.  I don't think I've watched a single Oscars in my lifetime.  Do we have a Top 2014 movies thread on this forum?  If we do, do we really want to now look at it and claim a bunch of posters racist?  Was the Top 2014 albums overwhelmed with "white" bands?  Do you think a single person even thought about race when they were creating their list?

You want to see racism, look no further than sports.  Chris Rock once joked about Rocky IV being about two WHITE Heavyweight champions.  Well, the past decade has been dominated by two white heavyweight champions.  Utterly dominated.  And HBO and Showtime have snubbed them.  Meanwhile, tonight is a HW championship fight between a black American and black Haitian/Canadian and it is on Showtime with quite a big build up.  The fact is the fight will be exciting because both are wildcards.  They have had horrible competition and therefore have more questions than answers.  The only reason they are even fighting for a title is because the white European gave up his title because his home country, Ukraine, is in horrible turmoil and he has a political role there.  Meanwhile, every W. Klitschko (the white European) fight begins with "he's met his match now.  He's finally fighting a real contender."  Then the fight happens and more often than not, ends in a spectacular KO or at worst, a dominating decision with the challenger looking like road kill.  Then we get "that guy was a nobody.  When is he going to fight a real contender?"

If we are going to have the race debate, then let's have it without blinders on.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 05:26:11 PM »

Or Selma - oh wait - Selma is in the best movie category (and will probably win now despite the fact that it is being torn apart right now)
Uh, the only criticism I've seen is that the liberal wing doesn't like it's portrayal of LBJ. Other than that I've yet to see anything but very favorable reviews. The WSJ dug up a guy who said that he didn't see anything brilliant about the direction, but still thought it was easily worthy of best picture consideration. It's sporting stellar numbers from RT and Metacritic.

I honestly don't see much of a point because clearly people just want to seize an opportunity to rag on Al Sharpton (because God knows those don't come along often enough), but a lot of people have been complaining for a while about this sort of thing. Oddly, Spike Lee had the most down to Earth response I've seen yet. The Oscars are making pretty good strides towards diversity, but the fact still remains that a group of 64 year old white men are going to vote for movies that they're comfortable with. That's honestly just common sense, unless we've now gotten to the point that the fundamentals of human nature always maintain diametric contradiction to the positions of Al Sharpton.

And again, I don't have an opinion on it getting left out one way or the other. Haven't seen any of these movies and don't tend to rag on people for subjective opinions anyway. I just think it's silly to disregard interesting issues in lieu of ragging on dipshits. Anyhoo, sorry for the disruption. No reason the Fat Al lulz can't continue now.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Calvin6s

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 06:22:58 PM »
And what is the makeup of Sharpton's coalition?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 07:18:53 PM »
And what is the makeup of Sharpton's coalition?
Don't care. I came in to suggest that all he really did was jump onto an fast-moving bandwagon, which doesn't really prove the thread title. I've done that. I don't get the same amusement that others do pointing out Al's ceaseless silliness, so I'm pretty much done with it. I'm more interested in the underlying aspect, but since Al's very presence has negated it I guess that's that.
E.F. Benson

Calvin6s

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 07:35:56 PM »
My main point on the whole race debate as of late is:

It has to be more than "I see white people"

Give me some real meat like the Eric Garner choke hold and I'm willing to entertain it.  Pointing out that there isn't enough color represented in the Oscars is ... racist.  Especially when Selma is even up for the top honor and 12 Years a Slave won last year.  There needs to be depth to the debate on why some "non-white" players (as if Sharpton really cares beyond black except to bash white) were better than those nominated.  A lot of the movies are still in the theaters and ever since Blu-Ray, HDTV and great audio was made available at home, I stopped going to movie theaters.  But some of the nominations like Gone Girl, American Sniper, The Imitation Game, Birdman, and Boyhood see well founded. 

This is all about looking for racism that isn't there.  Al Sharpton is brought up because he pushed it and constantly pushes it.  Sharpton is the antithesis of good support for a cause.  Kind of like Gloria Allred.  They have a bad reputation that they've earned all by their own doing.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Back for the Attack
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 04:56:42 AM »
The issue seems to be that no blacks were nominated for Best Actor, Best Actress, or Best Picture.  But it's not indicative of a trend; in fact, it is an aberration, since it's only happened one other time in the last 20 years.

The best shot for any such nominations was Selma, and the film's producers were extremely late in getting screener copies out to the judges.  This same thing hurt them in the other awards ceremonies, like the Director's Guild, Writer's Guild, Screen Actor's Guild, etc.  If they wanted a serious shot at Oscar nominations, they should have gotten their shit together to get copies out to the judges on time, like all the other eligible films did.  This is an artificial controversy.

If you want to protest that there are a shortage of opportunities for black actors, actresses, and directors, that is a different conversation.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • I'M CAPTAIN KIRK!!!!!!!!!!!
    • The ANABASIS
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 06:06:20 AM »
It's incredible how much space this dude seems to rent in so many heads!

No offense, but calling someone a race-baiter for anything quoted here is pretty silly.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Inglourious Basstard
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 10:35:25 PM »
Sharpton, a critic of the lack of diversity in Hollywood, also announced he was holding an "emergency meeting" next week to address the issue.

What's the "emergency?" Who is he holding it with?

"I have called an emergency meeting early next week in Hollywood with the task force to discuss possible action around the Academy Awards," he said.

Oh... the 'task force.' The one that doesn't exist yet, or the one the reporter was too lazy to name? The task force of NOMINATING MORE MINORITIES FOR MEANINGLESS AWARDS? That task force?

As I say every time Al says something stupid, the guy's a jackass but even jackasses can raise valid points.

This is why he needs to go away. The valid points he may actually intend to make get lost among all the crap it is surrounded with. The messenger is as important, if not sometimes more so, as the message.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Calvin6s

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2015, 10:52:24 PM »
Oh... the 'task force.' The one that doesn't exist yet, or the one the reporter was too lazy to name?

The Diversity Task Force given weight by
How Al Sharpton became Obama’s go-to man on race.

The idea that Sharpton is just some joke running fee that everybody ignores is separated from reality.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
    • The ANABASIS
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2015, 03:17:48 PM »
Oh... the 'task force.' The one that doesn't exist yet, or the one the reporter was too lazy to name?

The Diversity Task Force given weight by
How Al Sharpton became Obama’s go-to man on race.

The idea that Sharpton is just some joke running fee that everybody ignores is separated from reality.

I don't agree with you too often, but on this we definitely agree.   There's no doubt that he has been a provocative public figure for a long time.  He's an activist.  He's a liberal, black activist who looks like a dude from the 'hood, talks like a dude from the 'hood and has the kind of credibility with the people who live in the 'hood that you need if you're going to engage them in any meaningful way.  He doesn't just walk among them, he is one of them, warts and all.

Nobody likes activists with opposing viewpoints, and that includes me.  Calling out a black 59-year-old community activist who has experienced, first hand, what it was like to be fire-hosed, beaten, spit on, etc by the white majority (who were massively racist at the time), just because he was a black kid. 

Now I may be way off base here, but I'm going to go ahead and speculate that someone who's walked in those shoes and had those experiences might be just a little bit pissed off at white people in general, and it would be pretty difficult to begrudge him for that. Do you think it might be possible that someone who is a member of a race of people who have been unfairly maligned, marginalized and cast aside as second-rate, sub-human animals...is it possible that a person in that situation might have a little bit of well-justified anger boiling below the surface?

Dude comes out with some provocative comments, no doubt.  But race-baiter?   :\

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2015, 03:28:18 PM »
Now I may be way off base here, but I'm going to go ahead and speculate that someone who's walked in those shoes and had those experiences might be just a little bit pissed off at white people in general, and it would be pretty difficult to begrudge him for that. Do you think it might be possible that someone who is a member of a race of people who have been unfairly maligned, marginalized and cast aside as second-rate, sub-human animals...is it possible that a person in that situation might have a little bit of well-justified anger boiling below the surface?
I can certainly understand that the guy has an axe to grind. He'd be a fool if he didn't. Seems to me that the problem is that he goes around looking for places to grind it and when you're looking for something like that it's easy to find things that look one way when they really aren't. As I've said, occasionally he's right and a lot of the time he's wrong as fuck. Unfortunately that makes him a liability to his cause, as Cool Chris correctly pointed out earlier. He's like PETA in that he's a bigger target than anything he immediately becomes a bigger target than anything he might rail against.
E.F. Benson

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
    • The ANABASIS
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 04:12:17 PM »
I can certainly understand that the guy has an axe to grind. He'd be a fool if he didn't. Seems to me that the problem is that he goes around looking for places to grind it and when you're looking for something like that it's easy to find things that look one way when they really aren't. As I've said, occasionally he's right and a lot of the time he's wrong as fuck. Unfortunately that makes him a liability to his cause, as Cool Chris correctly pointed out earlier. He's like PETA in that he's a bigger target than anything he immediately becomes a bigger target than anything he might rail against.

That's probably a fair assessment.  He does draw quite a bit of criticism, but a lot of it is misdirected and not really informed by the totality of his life.  He was one of the people who had the balls to say those outrageous things he sometimes said and he really didn't give a fuck what anyone thought.  An axe to grind.  Great way to put it.

He had the right axe, but didn't always use it the best way.

That doesn't make him a race-baiter, though.  It just makes him an asshole.

Just a regular, generic asshole, who happened to be there when his people really needed him.  The problem with a guy like him is for every place he goes where he's welcome and his message is welcome, there are three places that feel the opposite. 

There are so many legitimate ways to criticize this guy, that's why I find the race-baiter accusation so far off base, especially given the fact that there's nothing overtly or intentionally racist or race-baiting in the comments being linked to.  ???

Calvin6s

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2015, 07:13:01 PM »
Calling out a black 59-year-old community activist who has experienced, first hand, what it was like to be fire-hosed, beaten, spit on, etc by the white majority (who were massively racist at the time), just because he was a black kid. 
So it seems like you are just assuming all blacks had the same experience and all whites had the same experience back then, regardless of location or real interaction.  Because the biggest traumatic event of Al Sharpton's childhood seems to be his father leaving his mother and putting them in financial straits.  He then graduated school, dropped out of college, and joined Jesse Jackson's crusade.

If we have to just weigh everything according to the general idea of the color of one's skin, then we kinda aren't moving forward now, are we?

And Al Sharpton is the definition of race-baiter.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2017!
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 10:37:08 AM »

As I say every time Al says something stupid, the guy's a jackass but even jackasses can raise valid points. Sometimes you just have to look through a layer or two of idiocy to see them.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2015, 11:10:29 AM »
Yeah, I don't follow some of the justifications for Al Sharpton's behavior.  Seems a very "Lifetime Movie of the Week" way to look at his life.   Born into the middle class in Queens, gospel tours as a kid, high school graduate, James Brown tour manager for what, almost a decade?  I think one could probably find someone who grew up in the projects that might object to the "he's one of us" label.

But neither here nor there; the question is whether he's a race baiter.    If he's not a race-baiter - that is, one who insinuates that race is a dominant factor in an event or issue where race is either not involved or a minor factor - then how do you explain:

Bernard Goetz (a federal investigation found race was not a factor, despite Sharpton's protesting)
Bensonhurst
Crown Heights Riot (a black boy was hit - by accident - by a white Jewish driver in a police procession; race was not a factor and Sharpton insisted on marching despite Mayor Dawkins - also black - asking him not to).
Freddie's Fashion Mart (a black building owner asked his white tenant to evict a subtenant; Sharpton protested the white guy evicting the black even though the ultimatum came from the BLACK owner)
Tyisha Miller
Sean Bell
Dunbar Village (four black men were held without bail for allegedly raping a Haitian woman and allegedly forcing her at gunpoint to fellate her own 12 year old son; he felt the lack of bail was racially motivated because at least one other group of white accused rapists got bail)
Tanya McDowell
George Zimmerman
Tawana Brawley (Tawana fabricated a story of her rape; when the prosecutor determined that the story was fabricated and no charges should be pursued, Sharpton specifically called him out as a "racist"; he was sued for defamation and was found guilty).

Whether his tactics work or not, whether he shines light where it ought to be shined or steals the spotlight himself, can be debated.  I personally think he is a non-entity at this point that is so polarizing that he probably isn't moving the needle much at this point, but regardless, I would respect those that feel otherwise and that claim him as a voice.    Sometimes that alone is enough to quell more radical reactions.   But to say he isn't a race-baiter is simply ignoring the basic facts.   

Offline hefdaddy42

• Back for the Attack
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2015, 12:13:32 PM »
He definitely does more harm than good, for practically every cause he espouses.  Not sure how anyone could say he isn't a race-baiter. 

I would imagine that he sees racism as the problem with global warming.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Calvin6s

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2015, 01:19:31 PM »
I personally think he is a non-entity at this point that is so polarizing that he probably isn't moving the needle much at this point, but regardless,

Oh he's moving the needle, but it is moving against him.

His MSNBC show isn't doing him any favors either.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
    • The ANABASIS
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 07:21:56 AM »
And yet, he's still welcomed with open arms to these funerals and other events.   Here's what I think:  Maybe, just maybe, we should try thinking about what it was like to walk in Al Sharpton's shoes 40 years ago and how that ugly experience colors his thoughts, words and actions now.  If everyone is wondering why we can't seem to make any progress in this country when it comes to race relations, look no further than this thread and the reason it was created.  He's a pretty angry guy, but the thing is, he's justified in his anger.  Things in life are not always cut and dry.  They're not always black and white, there are grey areas. Yes, he uses provocative language sometimes and he's said some pretty stupid things from time to time due to that long, slowly smoldering anger he must feel for having lived through what he lived through.

I dunno.  I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and try not to go out of my way to point out the personal failings of others.  I won't judge a man on his words so much as on his deeds.  And context matters.  Now I've said everything I need to say.  Don't think I'll circle back to this again. 

Calvin6s

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 07:26:03 AM »
If everyone is wondering why we can't seem to make any progress in this country when it comes to race relations, look no further than this thread

I agree.  People like Al Sharpton keep race relations from moving forward.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Back for the Attack
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 07:55:22 AM »
Things in life are not always cut and dry.  They're not always black and white, there are grey areas. 
I agree with this wholeheartedly.  But Sharpton constantly comes across like everything IS black and white.

So to speak.

Calvin6s

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2015, 07:57:29 AM »
But Sharpton constantly comes across like everything IS black v. white.

Fixed.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 12:10:02 PM »
I dunno.  I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and try not to go out of my way to point out the personal failings of others.  I won't judge a man on his words so much as on his deeds.  And context matters.  Now I've said everything I need to say.  Don't think I'll circle back to this again.

If I was going to point out his personal failings, I would have focused on his failure to pay his taxes, or the fact that he cheated on his wife.   But I'm trying to stick to his "professional" activities, and there are plenty of "deeds" (as opposed to words) there.   Active advocacy and protest for Tawana Brawley.  Active protests for some of the dubious causes listed above...

Look, if he brings comfort to those that need it in their time of need,  I'm all for that.  And to criticize his laser focus on race is not to discount the good he's done, is not to belittle that comfort he brings, and is not to imply that he's never been right.  But if you're going look at the big picture (and thereby make apologies for his past) then you have to similarly account for the times when that lens, that judgement, has not served his customer base, and in fact may have hurt it. 

Put it this way:  if his only role is to comfort those with whom he sees solidarity, then you might be right.  If his role is to be a liaison between races and hopefully improve the relationship, then as in any negotiation, you need credibility with both sides.   He has not been so successful in that area, based in large part on his crying the racial equivalent of "wolf" every time it suits him. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 12:59:48 PM by Stadler »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Back for the Attack
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2015, 12:29:10 PM »
WHITE!

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
    • The ANABASIS
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2015, 02:38:03 PM »

If I was going to point out his personal failings, I would have focused on his failure to pay his taxes, or the fact that he cheated on his wife.   But I'm trying to stick to his "professional" activities, and there are plenty of "deeds" (as opposed to words) there.   Active advocacy and protest for Tawana Brawley.  Active protests for some of the dubious causes listed above...

Look, if he brings comfort to those that need it in their time of need,  I'm all for that.  And to criticize his laser focus on race is not to discount the good he's done, is not to belittle that comfort he brings, and is not to imply that he's never been right.  But if you're going look at the big picture (and thereby make apologies for his past) then you have to similarly account for the times when that lens, that judgement, has not served his customer base, and in fact may have hurt it. 

Put it this way:  if his only role is to comfort those with whom he sees solidarity, then you might be right.  If his role is to be a liaison between races and hopefully improve the relationship, then as in any negotiation, you need credibility with both sides.   He has not been so successful in that area, based in large part on his crying the racial equivalent of "wolf" every time it suits him.

uh, right.  none of that makes him a race baiter.  I see this all the time.  Conservatives don't like the guy, because he's a liberal.  How do you attack a black social liberal?  mmm...lemme think about that for a sec  :lol   

Life is full of nuance.  I prefer not to assign intent to something I have no possible way of knowing and especially when the supporting "evidence" is the fact that he shows up at every crisis where black people are involved.  Did you ever wonder WHY he shows up at these things?  Do you think maybe, just maybe, the people he's advocating for want him there and agree with what he's saying? 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2015, 11:26:01 AM »

uh, right.  none of that makes him a race baiter.  I see this all the time.  Conservatives don't like the guy, because he's a liberal.  How do you attack a black social liberal?  mmm...lemme think about that for a sec  :lol   

Fair question:  how do you define "race-baiter"?   By the definition that I posted above -  one who insinuates that race is a dominant factor in an event or issue where race is either not involved or a minor factor - there is absolutely no question he is.  It's not even up for discussion.  There are four examples in my list where he did EXACTLY that, and was called on it, to boot.   

And you're not being fair if you reduce what I'm saying to "conservative attacking liberal".   First, by many standards - especially SOCIAL standards - I'm not a conservative.  That I don't have a massive anti-cop bias doesn't mean I don't want racial equality and racial harmony.  I've got equal acrimony for white social conservatives; start a thread and we'll talk about them.

Life is full of nuance.  I prefer not to assign intent to something I have no possible way of knowing and especially when the supporting "evidence" is the fact that he shows up at every crisis where black people are involved.  Did you ever wonder WHY he shows up at these things?  Do you think maybe, just maybe, the people he's advocating for want him there and agree with what he's saying?

That's a fair point in concept, and I'd like to think I agree with that.  I'm doing the same thing in the Belichick/Brady controversy.  So I understand.   But when you have two courts of law essentially confirming what I am saying, what more "supporting evidence" do you want?   

As for your last point, I totally agree with you; of course they want him there.  He's a mouthpiece for them in ways that they cannot get on their own.  I've already said that.  Honest question:  do you even read (or care) what I wrote, or do you just see "STADLER" and assume "CONSERVATIVE ASSHOLE" and go on the offensive?   Because I'm not interested in that. Besides being childish, it's inaccurate.  You're arguing things that are not at issue.   But, in the small chance you're actually reading and digesting this, your point about "wanting him there" reinforces my point about being a "race baiter".  Because if he doesn't make the "race" point, if the issue isn't worthy of his pre-eminence, he begins to lose his trump card.  In other words, to continue having people call him, to continue having a voice as Obama's "Race Counselor", RACE HAS TO BE A FACTOR EVEN WHEN IT ISN'T.  That's the very definition of a "race-baiter".   This is, no pun intended, about as black and white as you can get.  If this doesn't work, then either you just refuse to see the world as it is, or your definition of "race-baiter" is something wholly different. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:40:36 AM by Stadler »

Offline Prog Snob

• In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2015, 03:41:54 AM »
He definitely does more harm than good, for practically every cause he espouses.  Not sure how anyone could say he isn't a race-baiter. 

The only thing he needs to do is plant the seeds and use that manipulation he seems to be proud of. Everyone eats it up with a spoon and comes back for seconds and thirds. I've spoken to plenty of blacks on the subject of Al Sharpton, and they weren't conservatives, who have said that they don't want or need Al Sharpton as their "spokesperson."  They say that he does more to hold down the black community than give them cause to rise up.  He does more to single them out as different than help them to assimilate and feel equal. You see this everytime.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
    • The ANABASIS
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2015, 02:50:56 PM »

The only thing he needs to do is plant the seeds and use that manipulation he seems to be proud of. Everyone eats it up with a spoon and comes back for seconds and thirds. I've spoken to plenty of blacks on the subject of Al Sharpton, and they weren't conservatives, who have said that they don't want or need Al Sharpton as their "spokesperson."  They say that he does more to hold down the black community than give them cause to rise up.  He does more to single them out as different than help them to assimilate and feel equal. You see this everytime.

Well, I guess if you've spoken to plenty of blacks on the subject of Al Sharpton, then that's that.   :)

Offline Prog Snob

• In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2015, 09:45:04 PM »

Well, I guess if you've spoken to plenty of blacks on the subject of Al Sharpton, then that's that.   :)

As far as they are concerned, yes.   ;)    As far as I'm concerned, I don't need them to tell me he's good for nothing.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Back for the Attack
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2015, 06:21:47 AM »
For what it's worth, none of the black people I know like him either.