Author Topic: New album 2015 predictions  (Read 17641 times)

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
Re: New album 2015 predictions
« Reply #105 on: January 14, 2015, 10:35:10 PM »
That's not really different from DT12, is it? Say what you will about the sound, but it was clearly a choiced one.

Yeah, but we don't know whether that was decided in the studio, or beforehand. Just saying, it's a month before they go into the studio, and it seems like they have a good idea of what will be happening. Which makes me excited!
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2015, 08:34:53 AM »
Let's see what happens. I hope JP realises that he doesn't need to be louder than everyone, and go for a better mix this time.
Also, when i talked with MM for the interview i posted, he seemed to have a different attitude, really feeling that he has established himself in the band, and getting ready to really go for it this time (not that he didn't for DT12).

Also, i hope the chemistry between MM and JM is being utilized, we got a glimpse of it on DT12, but i'm sure it can go even further.

Another wish of mine is that they use the extended intro jam they did on TOT, it was awesome. Mike didn't seem to have an idea if it's going to be on the next album or not, but he appreciated it a lot when i mentioned how good feedback it got online.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2015, 09:27:42 AM »
That's not really different from DT12, is it? Say what you will about the sound, but it was clearly a choiced one.

Yeah, but we don't know whether that was decided in the studio, or beforehand. Just saying, it's a month before they go into the studio, and it seems like they have a good idea of what will be happening. Which makes me excited!

I thought MM's interview pretty much indicated that, I.e. that even during the writing sessions they went for a similar sound, which forced him to make concessions.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2015, 02:18:05 PM »
Mediocre tunes at best, but interesting structures, for sure.

I agree.

If they mixed up the structures a bit more, I feel like I'll at least want to give the track more of a shot.

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2015, 08:18:12 PM »
Concept album with both JLB and JM lyrics.

And one song that is more than 5 minutes long but doesn't have a JP guitar solo.

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2015, 08:25:08 PM »
They could make a reggae album, for all we know.
A single cover of "Baby I love your Way" with JLB trying to sound Jamaican, only accompanied by Jay Beckenstein and JR with a 90's synthesizer originally made for kids.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2015, 08:34:37 PM »
My prediction is that they will stick to their core sound, and have a few things here and there that are different. It will have an epic, a softer song and a few mid-tempo heavy songs.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline 1neeto

« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2015, 09:11:34 PM »
Let's see what happens. I hope JP realises that he doesn't need to be louder than everyone, and go for a better mix this time.
Also, when i talked with MM for the interview i posted, he seemed to have a different attitude, really feeling that he has established himself in the band, and getting ready to really go for it this time (not that he didn't for DT12).

Also, i hope the chemistry between MM and JM is being utilized, we got a glimpse of it on DT12, but i'm sure it can go even further.

Another wish of mine is that they use the extended intro jam they did on TOT, it was awesome. Mike didn't seem to have an idea if it's going to be on the next album or not, but he appreciated it a lot when i mentioned how good feedback it got online.

DT12's mix was great. One of the very few albums I could actually hear Myung. The problem with that album was the mastering.

Calvin6s

« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2015, 09:30:12 PM »
Petrucci will take a less dominating role.

Offline emtee

« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2015, 07:10:16 AM »
I know some people will think it akin to jumping the shark if DT decides to do another double concept album but I'm not one of them.
I think it provides a kind of detailed focus that brings out the best in DT. So I hope that is what they do. Experimental in the sense
that they follow no preconcieved approach but follow a story line.

I suspect JP will not relenquish the producers throne so I can only hope that he changes his approach on sonic quality...especially
with regard to one of the best drummers in the world. Please let me hear him clearly with a full bodied cracking snare and
toms that are seperated and punchy in tone and a high end that enables me to hear all the little things he is doing with his
cymbals and hats.

Offline JediKnight1969

• Andrés
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2015, 09:20:28 AM »
I suspect JP will not relenquish the producers throne so I can only hope that he changes his approach on sonic quality...especially
with regard to one of the best drummers in the world. Please let me hear him clearly with a full bodied cracking snare and
toms that are seperated and punchy in tone and a high end that enables me to hear all the little things he is doing with his
cymbals and hats.
[/quote]

Fuckin' THIS.
A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain...