Author Topic: The Kansas Discography Thread - THAT'S ALL, FOLKS (For Now)  (Read 45194 times)

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Kansas Discography Thread - THAT'S ALL, FOLKS (For Now)
« Reply #455 on: May 05, 2016, 11:57:39 PM »
I just discovered today that Kerry Livgren partially re-recorded and re-mixed two of the Proto-Kaw albums. I had never seen any mention of it before, but one of them showed up on Spotify, which tipped me off. He's also been working on some songs with John Elefante for an unnamed project, according to his website.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #456 on: May 06, 2016, 09:33:56 AM »
I just discovered today that Kerry Livgren partially re-recorded and re-mixed two of the Proto-Kaw albums. I had never seen any mention of it before, but one of them showed up on Spotify, which tipped me off. He's also been working on some songs with John Elefante for an unnamed project, according to his website.

I have both those Proto-Kaw albums.  Couldn't quite get into them though... much more laid-back sound than Kansas. 
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #457 on: June 21, 2016, 10:49:25 AM »
Release date for new album The Prelude Implicit:

September 23, 2016
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #458 on: June 21, 2016, 11:09:57 AM »
Release date for new album The Prelude Implicit:

September 23, 2016

Between Neal Morse, Marillion, and Kansas, September is going to be one hell of a month for prog!

And speaking of Neal Morse, apparently he was asked by InsideOut if he wanted to write any material to submit to Kansas for their next album as they were looking for material (and so I assume the label reached out to several of their artists for help). So Neal eventually demoed a few things that sent them their way, but he never heard back from them. The demos will be on the July Inner Circle CD! They'll be edited a bit, though, as they eventually used some bits for the new Neal Morse Band album, so Neal didn't want to give any of it away too early!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #459 on: June 21, 2016, 11:26:40 AM »
That's cool!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.