Author Topic: Accidental Marijuana Consumption v. REALLY?  (Read 6211 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Accidental Marijuana Consumption v. REALLY?
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2015, 02:31:44 PM »
Also, I have never experienced a high CBD low THC marijuana, but my understanding was that CBD had no "high" effect.
CBD is not psychoactive. It is what makes some smoke more mellow than others, however. They're both "gethighs" as far as I'm concerned. And if you've smoked an indica strain then you've smoked a high CBD/low TCH weed. Sativa will go the opposite direction. That's why one turns you into a couch-log and one prompts you to write operas.

Ahh, didnt realize that.  THen yea I have tried that and I dont like it.  I liek to write operas  :biggrin:

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2015, 02:44:48 PM »
I have been given medical edibles and bought a recreational cookie once, and I think everything is labeled just fine. Plus they gave it to me in a crazy double-zipper bag. It tells you how many mg or whatever are in the product, and that has helped me a lot with dosage. Like, I will never have more than 5mg at once, because I'm a total lightweight. And these numbers have carried over just fine product to product (like, with cookies, candies, etc.). Labeling is not going to make any difference if kids who aren't old enough to read are getting their hands on it, so just put it somewhere where they can't get to it- that simple.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2015, 10:48:27 PM »
Not sure where Reuters got their info as I just watched a program on one of the networks with Harry Smith (I think it was NBC or maybe CNBC). On the program they claim there have only been 4 instances where children (those under 18) have accidentally ingested a parents marijuana in Colorado. They did say that they average about 2 ER visits a week where people ingest too much of an edible at one time. Like a whole candy bar, when they should have only eaten one square. They claim the equivalent high would be like drinking 12 shots of alcohol. And that's because people are stupid and don't follow instructions.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2015, 02:02:27 AM »

Lastly, it's funnier when it happens to cops.

:lol That's great.

"And I think we're dead, I really do."

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2015, 08:16:39 AM »
Third, the number went from a few kids to a couple more.  These numbers are bogus because they are too tiny.
This is a very good point.

Reminds me of this:

:lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2015, 08:26:02 AM »

I think anyone claiming they "accidentally" smoked weed is either lying or stuck on stupid from purposely smoking too much weed.  :lol

While I suspect Bill smoked plenty of grass in his day, his remark is actually pretty common. Youngins often don't know how to properly inhale. You really gotta get it down deep in the lungs. If you're a newb and somebody passes you a joint it's not uncommon for you to just take a quick hit and blow it out. Then tell your constituency 25 years later "it didn't even do anything to me."

I learn something new almost every day on this board...
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2015, 09:14:50 AM »
I think the OP had it right, regardless of the details:  it's your weed, you're responsible for it.  Like anything else. 

As for "why the ER?", having gone through what could be called an amicable divorce, I can tell you that even in that situation, if something happened to my kid and my ex even remotely disagreed with it, the ER would be high on her list of places to visit, just to put it on paper.  Point being, there are too many variables to question that aspect of it. 

I do say, though, that while using this scenario as the argument for more legislation is, as was already said, weak, the argument that "XYZ is just as dangerous" is equally weak.  That killing you by torture and mutilation is a gruesome way to go doesn't mean I can kill you in a more humane way.  While I'm for legalization of marijuana (I'd actually go further, but that's me) I also think that it is likely that research will show that much like alcohol, the "benign" effects of marijuana are likely only on a developed brain, and that young children are harmed by pot use in the same way that they are harmed by alcohol use.  There is a condition known as "fetal alcohol syndrome" for a reason, you know, and estimates are that to a 16-year-old (and up, to as late as early 20's) brain, substance abuse is harmful in a way that it is not for fully mature (physically) adults.
What angers me (and makes me seem like I'm some lunatic to many) is the complete lack of accountability in society. People want to get lawyers and sue due to their own stupidity.
The bottom line is, if a kid accidentally ingests pot it doesn’t matter if it was eaten in a brownie it’s the parent that needs to be accountable for it. It has zero to do with “cries for stricter control”
And it’s only going to get worse.

Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2015, 09:19:51 AM »
I think the OP had it right, regardless of the details:  it's your weed, you're responsible for it.  Like anything else. 

As for "why the ER?", having gone through what could be called an amicable divorce, I can tell you that even in that situation, if something happened to my kid and my ex even remotely disagreed with it, the ER would be high on her list of places to visit, just to put it on paper.  Point being, there are too many variables to question that aspect of it. 

I do say, though, that while using this scenario as the argument for more legislation is, as was already said, weak, the argument that "XYZ is just as dangerous" is equally weak.  That killing you by torture and mutilation is a gruesome way to go doesn't mean I can kill you in a more humane way.  While I'm for legalization of marijuana (I'd actually go further, but that's me) I also think that it is likely that research will show that much like alcohol, the "benign" effects of marijuana are likely only on a developed brain, and that young children are harmed by pot use in the same way that they are harmed by alcohol use.  There is a condition known as "fetal alcohol syndrome" for a reason, you know, and estimates are that to a 16-year-old (and up, to as late as early 20's) brain, substance abuse is harmful in a way that it is not for fully mature (physically) adults.
What angers me (and makes me seem like I'm some lunatic to many) is the complete lack of accountability in society. People want to get lawyers and sue due to their own stupidity.
The bottom line is, if a kid accidentally ingests pot it doesn’t matter if it was eaten in a brownie it’s the parent that needs to be accountable for it. It has zero to do with “cries for stricter control”

I don't think anyone is disputing that. I think people are just trying to figure out why you picked the substance with the smallest amount of cases and risk to get your point across. Alcohol, dogs, firearms, medications, and cleaning products send way more kids to the hospital annually (and those actually result in death). It comes off more as a anti-marijuana thread than it does a parental accountability thread.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2015, 09:23:38 AM »

Bro, you are absolutely preaching to the choir on that one.   If you're a lunatic for that position, then you and me both.  I'm an attorney, and I get either embarrassed or outright angry watching those scheisters on TV talking about getting you "the money you are entitled to" and (in one case I saw not long ago) saying "if you fall on someone else's slippery sidewalk, it's NOT YOUR FAULT!"  So who was that walking on the sidewalk to begin with?

Even as a parent, and knowing I'm in that same boat, I'm very much in favor of (up to a certain age) holding parents accountable for their children.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2015, 09:28:54 AM »
I think people are just trying to figure out why you picked the substance with the smallest amount of cases and risk to get your point across.

I think the original post was reasonably clear that the reason he "picked" this issue was because there was a recent news story about it, which he had read and which he linked to in the first post.  Pretty simple concept:  "I read a story, and it upset me, so I am posting about it."
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2015, 09:29:28 AM »

Bro, you are absolutely preaching to the choir on that one.   If you're a lunatic for that position, then you and me both.  I'm an attorney, and I get either embarrassed or outright angry watching those scheisters on TV talking about getting you "the money you are entitled to" and (in one case I saw not long ago) saying "if you fall on someone else's slippery sidewalk, it's NOT YOUR FAULT!"  So who was that walking on the sidewalk to begin with?

Even as a parent, and knowing I'm in that same boat, I'm very much in favor of (up to a certain age) holding parents accountable for their children.

A guy I work with owns eight, three family homes. One of his tenants recently removed the carpeting on the stairs (which violated their contract in regards to modifying the apartment), and then shined it with a bunch of Pledge. The tenant slipped on the stairs and broke her ankle on the way down. She managed to get $85,000 out of him. Disgusting.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2015, 09:51:29 AM »

I don't think anyone is disputing that. I think people are just trying to figure out why you picked the substance with the smallest amount of cases and risk to get your point across. Alcohol, dogs, firearms, medications, and cleaning products send way more kids to the hospital annually (and those actually result in death). It comes off more as a anti-marijuana thread than it does a parental accountability thread.
Its definitely not about pot, at all! Its about always wanting to lay blame and not own your own mistakes. That article just annoyed the shit of of me but it had zero to do with marijuana.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi