Author Topic: Evermind's Top 50 list v. #1 "Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?"  (Read 47928 times)

Offline mikemangioy

• do feel free to spool through.
Storm Corrosion is lovely. The atmosphere that it's capable to create is something out of this world, plus they're two of my favorites musicians together, so what can I ask more? Drag Ropes is my favorite, it has one of my favorites music videos of all time.

Transatlantic are great, I love their style but haven't actually listened to a whole album except for Kaleidoscope. I think they're gonna be listened soon.
Because Mike is better than Mike

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
  I'm not a huge fan of Opeth or PT but I like aspects of the band, namely the vocalists, so hearing them together is awesome. 

The vocals are THE reason that I do not listen to Opeth or PT.

:lol fair enough.  I love the tone of both of their voices, and the way their accents come through.  Very.... 'honest' sounding I guess is the word.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Transatlantic are great, I love their style but haven't actually listened to a whole album except for Kaleidoscope. I think they're gonna be listened soon.

Kaleidoscope for me is considerably less appealing than The Whirlwind. Still a good album, though.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

The Whirlwind was good, but not my favorite TA album. Still, it's pretty enjoyable throughout, and they really nailed it with one of my favorite prog songs ever with Is It Really Happening.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Tried endless times, but still can't get into SC. It's too experimental and weird, even for Steven and Mikael's standards. But liked Duel with the Devil, which Elite sent me on the roulette, so will check the other Transatlantic albums soon   :)

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Evermind's Top 50 list v. #43 "The blues in twelve bars down lover's lane"
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2015, 04:22:13 PM »
The Whirlwind was good, but not my favorite TA album. Still, it's pretty enjoyable throughout, and they really nailed it with one of my favorite prog songs ever with Is It Really Happening.

Is It Really Happening's title pretty much explains everything I'm thinking while listening to it.

Tried endless times, but still can't get into SC. It's too experimental and weird, even for Steven and Mikael's standards. But liked Duel with the Devil, which Elite sent me on the roulette, so will check the other Transatlantic albums soon   :)

Start with this one, and you won't be disappointed!

And now, well, a wild classic appears!

Brothers In Arms
Dire Straits
Genre: rock

Oh, this one. Where to start…

For the whole year and a bit more I’m on DTF I always thought Dire Straits as a band was seriously underrated in this community. True, they don’t have a lot of awesome albums, but on some occasions they’ve just simply hit the nail on the head, like they did with this one. As they were quite successful back in the days, it saddens me when I mention them in conversation with people who kind of shares my views on rock and metal music and they all go «who are these?»

Well, answering the question above, Dire Straits is, or well, was a British rock band, founded back in 1977 by the band’s frontman and lead vocalist Mark Knopfler, bassist John Illsley, who both are present on the album I’m writing about, and also by David Knopfler (Mark’s younger brother) and David “Pick” Withers. Having released only six albums, the band has a few well-known hits and overall was on their peak of popularity in 80s. The band underwent a few lineup changes over the years, and on Brothers In Arms it was Mark and John, Alan Clark on keyboards, Guy Fletcher on synths and back vocals, and Omar Hakim on drums, and a good bunch of guest musicians, such as Tony Levin and Sting.

Even if you don’t actually know about this album, you’ve probably heard a few songs off it. I’m talking mostly about hilarious Money For Nothing and playful Walk Of Life, two straightforward rock tunes which were hella popular back then. It’s interesting how this record starts in a fairly predictable way with energetic songs, but then flows into more thoughtful, melancholic mood. The title track is a great example of this, along with jazzy and saxy Your Latest Trick, but we also get a wistful lullaby called Why Worry, weird Latino-styled Ride Across The River, and other stuff. While feeling pretty tight, concise and focused, this album is actually displays an admirable amount of diversity.

Brothers In Arms was the first album to sell one million copies in the CD format, and the employee of a record label that released this album said that entire worldwide manufacturing capacity was overwhelmed by demand for Brothers In Arms, and that they had a hard time to even get their other CDs manufactured, thanks to Wikipedia for the facts! That was no coincidence, and I bet these thousands of people mostly weren’t disappointed at all. This record shows all the sides of the band, from tragic and touching pieces to reckless rockers. And have I mentioned the sax on Your Latest Trick? Finesse as it is.

Favourite tracks: Walk Of Life, Your Latest Trick, Why Worry, Ride Across The River, Brothers In Arms

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2015, 04:25:03 PM »
Interesting choice.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2015, 05:03:10 PM »
Brothers In Arms made up part of my first dozen or so "tapes" and so was quite an influential album for me too. I can't say I've listened to it in ages but I think (need to check) I may have given it an HM in my Top 50.   

These days I'd gravitate  toward the more serious tracks and skip the stuff like Walk of Life and Money For Nothin'.

PS For anyone who was considering it the sharpness of the artwork on the Sava t-shirt is pretty shite.  I probably wouldn't bother.

PPS I actually gave an HM to the self titled Dire Straits 
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2015, 05:07:39 PM »
Brothers In Arms made up part of my first dozen or so "tapes" and so was quite an influential album for me too. I can't say I've listened to it in ages but I think (need to check) I may have given it an HM in my Top 50.   

These days I'd gravitate  toward the more serious tracks and skip the stuff like Walk of Life and Money For Nothin'.

PS For anyone who was considering it the sharpness of the artwork on the Sava t-shirt is pretty shite.  I probably wouldn't bother.

PPS I actually gave an HM to the self titled Dire Straits

Self-titled album isn't my cup of tea really, but anyway, this band is great. Knopfler is one of my favourite musicians ever.

Sucks to hear about the t-shirt. Is it really that awful?

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2015, 05:43:08 PM »
Good call on the Dire Straits, Knopfler is a great guitarist who has a knack for composing super catchy guitar lines (Down to the Waterline, Money for Nothing, Sultans etc) and I quite like his Dylan-esque vocal style.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2015, 08:28:19 PM »
Never listened much to DS but was always of fan of Knofler and all their hits.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2015, 09:52:36 PM »
Never listened much to DS but was always of fan of Knofler and all their hits.

Offline mikemangioy

« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2015, 11:24:51 PM »
My dad is a huge DS fan, so I know some songs. Cool choice  :tup

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2015, 02:09:45 AM »
Storm Corrosion :tup

I've also heard my dad play some Dire Straits CDs, and I thought they were alright.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2015, 03:35:32 AM »
I love Brothers In Arms, it has a really nostalgic thing for me growing up with my dad and me listening to it.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Evermind's Top 50 list v. #42 "Believe the dreams that let you sleep..."
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2015, 04:36:56 AM »
Good to see a lot of love for Dire Straits. I agree with everything you guys said about Knopfler (except the mistake in his surname, looking at you Kade  ;) )

I thought you were going to disagree with this list. :lol

I love Brothers In Arms, it has a really nostalgic thing for me growing up with my dad and me listening to it.

That's certainly amazing, I wish my dad had similar taste in music.

Storm Corrosion :tup

I've also heard my dad play some Dire Straits CDs, and I thought they were alright.

I thought you will show up in this thread on the next update. ;D Speaking of which...

Unia
Sonata Arctica
Genre: progressive power metal

It’s no big secret I’m an avid fan of Sonata Arctica, I’ve run their survivor just a few weeks or months ago, I was posting at their thread quite often, and the interesting thing is, before the survivor I was always saying Unia is mediocre. I gave an album a lot of chances and it just didn’t work on me like at all. I don’t know what I was thinking, honestly. When I was spinning it in order to get prepared for survivor, something had just changed. I have no idea what happened, but the whole record clicked with me like never before. It turned out to be an incredibly slow grower, because it actually took me seven years to begin appreciating this album. Seven years I was ignoring and underestimating this hour of awesomeness; not anymore though.

Sonata Arctica is a Finnish progressive melodic power metal band, or at least I think so, as they have quite a distinctive sound and style. Tony Kakko is the band’s charismatic frontman, he also writes all the melodies and lyrics and stuff; the instrumentalists on Unia are Jani Liimatainen on guitars, Henrik Klingenberg on keyboards, Marko Paasikoski on bass and Tommy Portimo on drums. Jani left the band soon after Unia was released, and Elias Viljanen played guitars on the tour promoting the album.

Unia, which apparently means “dreams” in Finnish, is easily the most multifarious and adventurous album the band has ever put out, and it became a significant turning point in Sonata’s style. Previous four records were power metal in their essence, even if sometimes the progressive elements were quite apparent, but Unia is progressive through and through. And I guess that’s the reason it alienated a lot of fans on release. The band stopped writing The Good Old Power Metal and began playing whatever they wanted on Unia and thereafter, sometimes with remarkable results, sometimes with poor ones, but anyway, I think that’s what really important to the musicians and artists, to write and play whatever they want, not what the public wants to hear from them. Why don’t we talk about the album itself though? Oh yeah, it’s great. Admittedly it has a few lows like Good Enough Is Good Enough or For The Sake Of Revenge, but the highs are transcendental and are among the best SA songs ever. This album embraces heaviness and aggression, sadness and depression, awkward transitions and progression. Alright, that was beyond cheesy. :lol

Unia has to be one of the most emotional albums from Sonata Arctica. The whole picture with subtle keyboards and vocal delivery is impeccable, and the complexity and ambition of the entire thing is mindboggling compared to band’s previous records. Tony said it would be better to make a solo album instead of Unia and I agreed with him for all these years, but now I’m wholeheartedly in love with it I think it’s really an essential album in SA discography.

Favourite tracks: In Black And White, It Won’t Fade, Caleb, The Vice, My Dream’s But A Drop Of Fuel For A Nightmare, The Worlds Forgotten, The Words Forbidden

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2015, 05:05:30 AM »
What an amazing pick.  By far SA's best album, and just a unique and magic album from beginning to end, love it.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the spelling but was too assed to look it up.  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2015, 05:10:34 AM »
Unia was the first studio album I bought from SA after checking them out with their live album. I could never get into it. Just didn't get it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2015, 05:12:32 AM »
Unia was the first studio album I bought from SA after checking them out with their live album. I could never get into it. Just didn't get it.

Me too. I like their previous albums a lot but when Unia came I really couldn't get into it.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline mikemangioy

« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2015, 05:45:07 AM »

I thought you were going to disagree with this list. :lol

Well, that time will come. But keep in mind that I wouldn't put so much, if any, power metal in a list, so that's already something  :lol

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2015, 05:59:27 AM »
I can't say that I've ever rated SA very highly - I do have Unia (unlistened to) somewhere around here , so will grab it for a spin.   If memory serves correct I bought Winterheart's Guild , Unia and Ecliptica on the reco of someone or other and by the time I got to the end of WG I'd labelled them as a pretty average band and didn't bother to go much further.  I did like a few tracks on it (my fave was a  ballad if I recall  :-\  ) but there was a huge amount of crap on it and so I consigned them to the also rans list.  I've heard a number of random tracks of theirs over the years , none of which have convinced me to give them another chance. Hopefully Unia appeals to me more.

Sucks to hear about the t-shirt. Is it really that awful?

Yeah - it's pretty bad.  I've found the Live Nation DT stuff to be a bit hit and miss too.  Put it this way - my Gutter Ballet t-shirt , which isn't even official I'm pretty sure , is much nicer.   I'll take a photo of them side by side if you're really interested in the shirt and were considering buying.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2015, 06:07:05 AM »

Me too. I like their previous albums a lot but when Unia came I really couldn't get into it.

As I said, it took me seven years to get into it; I would've pretty much given up on it if it wasn't Sonata Arctica, actually.

I can't say that I've ever rated SA very highly - I do have Unia (unlistened to) somewhere around here , so will grab it for a spin.   If memory serves correct I bought Winterheart's Guild , Unia and Ecliptica on the reco of someone or other and by the time I got to the end of WG I'd labelled them as a pretty average band and didn't bother to go much further.  I did like a few tracks on it (my fave was a  ballad if I recall  :-\  ) but there was a huge amount of crap on it and so I consigned them to the also rans list.  I've heard a number of random tracks of theirs over the years , none of which have convinced me to give them another chance. Hopefully Unia appeals to me more.

Well, while WHG and Ecliptica were pure, straight-forward power metal, Unia is more intricate and weird. I've read your Top 50 list, and this album probably isn't what I would recommend to you. But seeing how many albums you're spinning a day, you might as well spin Unia too.  ;D

And about t-shirt, I'm not considering buying it in the near future, I was just interested to see how shitty it is. So if you actually don't mind and have enough time, yep, a photo would be nice.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2015, 08:25:57 AM »
Unia was my first Sonata album, and after 7 years of listening it's stood the test of time well and remains my favorite album by them. :hefdaddy While Reckoning Night shed some of the Stratovarius influence and introduced more prog into SA's music, this was the point where they finally made an album that can be compared to no other band.
Unia, which apparently means “dreams” in Finnish
Correct, more precisely it's the partitive form of the word. (sorry, as a language student I may get geeky with this stuff :lol)
Tony said it would be better to make a solo album instead of Unia
I think he meant that from a commercial point of view or for the power metal fans it would've been better if he'd made a solo album instead, but that's no knock on Unia, because he's often said it's his favorite Sonata record.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Evermind's Top 50 list v. #41 "Crystals dancing down from a sultry sky"
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2015, 12:36:05 PM »
I think he meant that from a commercial point of view or for the power metal fans it would've been better if he'd made a solo album instead, but that's no knock on Unia, because he's often said it's his favorite Sonata record.

That makes sense. I just recall reading that somewhere, they've probably pulled a blabbermouth and took his words out of context.

But keep in mind that I wouldn't put so much, if any, power metal in a list, so that's already something  :lol

Right... have another power metal album then.

Genre: power metal

Kamelot is one of my favourite modern power metal acts out there. Their works got everything you can wish for this genre, be it catchy vocal melodies, neat guitar solos, keyboard and piano based ballads, perfect album flows, you name it. They tend to release consistently good records with rare exceptions and their run from 1999’s The Fourth Legacy until 2012’s Silverthorn is magnificent, the albums ranging from “that was fine except a few numbers” to “wow, this is some brilliance shining through”. Karma, in my opinion of course, belongs to the latter category.

Kamelot is an American band officially founded in 1991 by Thomas Youngblood (guitars, backing vocals) and Mark Vanderbilt (lead vocals). The latter left the band after the first two albums, and in 1998 the band has hired another vocalist, Roy Khan, who provided vocals for seven Kamelot’s studio albums, became quite an integral part of the band and an important piece in their commercial success. Roy Khan left the band in 2011 and was replaced by Tommy Karevik though, which spawned a lot of pleading comments in the vein of “Roy please come back!!” and also the insulting ones like “The new vocalist is shit and can’t sing, Roy was loads better please come back!”. Oh, well. Anyway, another musician who joined the band with Roy was a drummer, Casey Grillo; bass guitar on Karma was played by Glenn Barry, and there are also keyboards and orchestral arrangements by Miro, additional guitars by Sascha Paeth and the string quartet with two violins, cello and viola present on the album.

Karma consists of a number of concise, short tracks, each is about four or five minutes in length. Driven by guitar riffs and noticeable, powerful and versatile Roy’s voice, the album offers a bunch of impressive tunes, each one is memorable as hell and will probably be stuck in your head, be it the slightly annoying melody of Forever (based on Solveig’s Song by Edward Grieg) or more slow and calm chorus of Temples of Gold. In fact, the fantastic songwriting is the thing which distinguishes the great Kamelot albums from the not-so-great ones (duh, obviously), and loads of it can be seen on Karma, in every song if you ask me. There is even a kind of epic closing the album, called Elizabeth. I wrote “kind of” because it’s actually split in three parts on the CD and the parts are clearly different, but the lyrical themes and few melodies are linked, so whatever.

If you’re looking for a wonderful power metal record with almost no progressive elements, Karma is a worthy pick. The Fourth Legacy, previous Kamelot album, was nice, but Karma is loads better; after it, the band began adding more weird elements, so that’s why I think Karma is an optimal pick for someone who wants to get into power metal driven Kamelot. Progressive Kamelot though, that’s the whole another story here.

Favourite tracks: Forever, Wings Of Despair, Karma, Temples Of Gold, Elizabeth, pt. I, II, III

Now that we're ten albums through, what do you think about the pace? Should I speed the whole thing up, slow it down or it's fine as it's going now?

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2015, 12:59:04 PM »
You're doing good............obviously pre-prepared a lot (as did I ) which makes a huge difference as far as your ability to keep things humming and maintain interest.  You also appear to have good taste in music :D

I enjoy this era of Kamelot along with Black Halo etc...... I followed Khan across (long time Conception fan) and was massively underwhelmed with his new band on Siege Perilous.  And so I wrote them off and didn't realise until many years later how good the subsequent material was.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 01:13:49 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2015, 01:58:45 PM »
Yet another winner right here.  I'd take Epica over it, but Karma is a fantastic album.  I miss this band.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Evermind's Top 50 list v. #40 "Night divide day, day erase night"
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2015, 03:35:10 AM »
I miss this band.

I dunno, Silverthorn was pretty damn good. I would take it over The Fourth Legacy, at least. Anyway, on we go!

Light of Day, Day of Darkness
Green Carnation
Genre: progressive death metal

In moments like these I’m really glad I found out about DTF and started lurking here. I’ve seen you guys praising this album and just went ahead, listened to it and I was completely blown away by its awesomeness. Sadly, I don’t remember whose post made me do this, but still, thanks DTF, I guess. Actually, this is the odd one, because it has growls, and I usually don’t tolerate growls, but for such a quality record I can make an exception. The most tremendous thing about this album is that it’s presented as one long song, and damn, it truly feels like one song.

Green Carnation is a Norwegian metal band created in 1990. They’ve released four full-length studio albums, I’ve checked all of them but only this particular one impressed me, so I actually don’t know much about the band. The booklet lists the main lineup as follows: Terje Vik Schei (Tchort) on guitars, Bjørn Harstad on more guitars, Stein Roger Sordal on bass, Anders Kobro on drums and Kjetil Nordhus on vocals, along with loads of guest musicians, opera choir and children choir. There are quite the unconventional musical instruments used on the album, like sitar and saxophone, and it is also said that 600 different samples were used in the editing of this record. Now, enough with Wikipedia-powered info, let’s get to my personal feelings about the song.

What I really adore in Light of Day, Day of Darkness is its sprawling structure where every section gets the room to breathe and evolve. The gloomy and brooding intro, intense progressive parts, elevated sections with strings, haunting and mystical part with female vocals, all these moments are done in a vast, solemn way, taking seemingly all the time in the world to communicate with the listener. And all these moments that setting up this picture also serve as an immense build-up to that guitar solo. If you’ve heard this album, you know what I’m talking about, if not, think the whole The Whirlwind for “Is It Really Happening?”, but way more grandiloquent and epic. Seriously, this solo is so brilliant. Played over the supporting keyboards and intense drum parts it conjures all the emotions of the record in two minutes and marks the album’s peak right here. Of course, there are 17 minutes of greatness after this solo too, so don’t be so quick to turn the thing off after it.

Light of Day, Day of Darkness, as I said earlier, is one of the few albums with growls on this list. That’s probably because the growls are reduced to a minimum, so check this one out even if you can’t stand them. This record is as good as it gets when it comes to the somber, melancholic music with the enigmatic vibe on it, and its cohesiveness is mindblowing. Sadly, Green Carnation failed to capture my interest with the rest of their output, but this one’s place is definitely well-deserved.

Disclaimer: for the most satisfying experience you should listen to the whole album

Favourite moment: Light of Day, Day of Darkness 40:14 — 44:00 including the guitar solo

If this four minutes segment appeals to you, just go ahead and listen to it in full. Also, I’m hearing to create a perfect world from this cold and perfect world like every time, while the correct lyric is apparently cold imperfect world. Haha.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2015, 04:15:38 AM »
Light of Day made number 16 or something on my list, just a perfect song.  I'd probably rate it a bit higher these days to be honest.  It's incredible.

Offline mikemangioy

« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2015, 06:21:28 AM »
This is the second time I see this album in a top 50, might have to check it out.

Offline Moor

• The more the merrier
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2015, 06:30:44 AM »
You will not regret it

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2015, 07:56:32 AM »
I couldn't ever be bothered with the Green Carnation - I have it but just never got around to it  :-[  The prospect of a one song album was a bit daunting I think - I struggle with most epics.

Re the Savatage t-shirt..............it's not easy to capture as the shirt looks good from afar but far from good (where I have I used that before ?  ;D  )

Here's two shirts of mine that are really just good in terms of printing clarity - nothing special.  Slave To The Grind and a Van Halen parody shirt owned only by moi and Michael Starr of Steel Panther  ;D  I've never actually worn it but needed one anyway :)

I consider the art on these shirts to be pretty clear but the Sava shirt is very grainy/low res.

I think you can get an idea from those three photos (same light, camera etc....) that the Savatage shirt isn't quite right relative to the others.   The photos will enlarge with a click.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 08:24:35 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2015, 09:25:14 AM »
Once I hear the mention of growls, I tune out.

That sucks about the Edge of Thorns shirt. Such an amazing design, but I can imagine there isn't an abundance of different Savatage shirts for purchase out there

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2015, 09:31:27 AM »

There's that too  ;D

That sucks about the Edge of Thorns shirt. Such an amazing design, but I can imagine there isn't an abundance of different Savatage shirts for purchase out there

It especially sucks when your knock off shirts look amazing and you pay up for official merch and get crap. 

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2015, 09:37:39 AM »
Just checked ebay and a seller has an EoT shirt for sale. Obviously a knock off, but looks nicer

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2015, 01:07:50 PM »

There's only 2 or 3 growls in the whole song.  it's 95% clean singing.