Author Topic: In Conversation with James LaBrie  (Read 10313 times)

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
Re: In Conversation with James LaBrie
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2015, 10:16:38 AM »
My son had the purple Aeropostale sweatshirt on and was seated right next to you. I believe when you first came into the hall and made your way to the seats you asked me if the seats next to us were vacant. I said "yes" and then made a comment about how appropriate as they were playing "Vacant" on the sound system at the time.  ;D

Hahahah, yep, that was me! Are you guys local, or where did you come in from?
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline New Millenium

« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2015, 03:20:24 PM »
He did mention that he has worked with some voice coaches over time if I am not mistaken (names escape me now). But I think it was more a case of self-discovery of his ability and then he progressed from there.

They did play one montage of vocal tracks that demonstrated his high ranges. Pretty impressive actually.

We came in from Toronto. He was skiing with his class at Blue Mountain the next AM so we stayed the night. It all worked out perfectly.

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2015, 04:49:59 PM »
He did mention that he has worked with some voice coaches over time if I am not mistaken (names escape me now). But I think it was more a case of self-discovery of his ability and then he progressed from there.

They did play one montage of vocal tracks that demonstrated his high ranges. Pretty impressive actually.

We came in from Toronto. He was skiing with his class at Blue Mountain the next AM so we stayed the night. It all worked out perfectly.

He studied with Rosemary Patricia, which I think was the one he mentioned, but that was at the age of 21, and then he had coaching with Victoria Thompson after that whole incident where he was almost fired from the band in 2002. And then more recently, he trained with Jaime Vendera.
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"