Dream Theater > Dream Theater

In Conversation with James LaBrie

<< < (2/15) > >>

TheGreatPretender:

--- Quote from: RoeDent on December 09, 2014, 06:50:48 AM ---Why do they always have to add the "Prog rock may not be your thing" disclaimer on these things? It should be everyone's thing!

PS. Rush asked "Where's My Thing?" on Roll the Bones. It's quite possible that it may be in this post.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's what I said. I mean, whether it's someone's thing or not, it's not a very good marketing move to just assume that people won't be interested and trying to make a last ditch effort to convince them in the last sentence. That's how it comes off anyway.

The simple fact is, those who ARE prog fans will be interested in it, otherwise, they're advertising to the local crowd no doubt, and first of all, considering that this is something they do with all kinds of people, I wonder how many of their locals go to these things just because it's kind of interesting. Second, JLB having grown up there, I imagine he must be somewhat of a local celebrity. I mean, it's a pretty tiny town, and as far as I can tell, JLB has pretty much been the biggest name to come from there.

Point is, if a person isn't interested in prog rock, and they're not interested in rock artists in general, and they're not interested in local Midland celebrities, that last sentence probably won't sell them.

That being said, I do wonder how full the audience is going to be.

hefdaddy42:
That would be really neat to attend.

Setlist Scotty:
Not to get off topic, but three grammy nominations? I'm aware of two. Is that a misprint or am I missing something?

And yes, cool opportunity for anyone who can go!

TheGreatPretender:

--- Quote from: Setlist Scotty on December 09, 2014, 10:54:48 AM ---Not to get off topic, but three grammy nominations? I'm aware of two. Is that a misprint or am I missing something?

And yes, cool opportunity for anyone who can go!

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that struck me as odd. Were they nominated for two categories last time around?
Or was he ever involved in any other project that got nominated?

By the way, if there's a Q&A session at the end, I wouldn't mind taking some suggestions as I have a really hard time coming up with questions, especially given how much I already know about the guy.

hefdaddy42:
Who does your hair?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version