Dream Theater > Dream Theater

In Conversation with James LaBrie

<< < (9/15) > >>

RaiseTheKnife:
Thanks for the detailed report!

YtseJamittaja:
Haha, great gift!!  :lol And great post, thanks! Sounds like a concept album if he already knows what they are doing... Hmmmm....

BlobVanDam:
Knowing what they're doing doesn't directly imply a concept album (nor does it rule it out). It just means they know what they're doing. You could say that about many DT albums, such as ToT, as opposed to an album like SC where they said they went in and just wrote what came to them (yet still ended up in a certain direction).
Not saying it excludes a concept album, I just don't know why everyone loves to jump on that every time a new album cycle rolls around. :dunno:

Oh, and thanks to TGP for the facts!

TheGreatPretender:

--- Quote from: BlobVanDam on January 14, 2015, 11:00:01 PM ---Oh, and thanks to TGP for the facts!

--- End quote ---

Always a pleasure!  ;D

I'm not suggesting that it's definitely a concept album, but it also seems like it had more intention than just something like DT12, with its shorter song format + epic at the end. Either way, they've done albums with preconceived ideas, and they've done albums without preconceived ideas, and they've done albums where they had some vague ideas and ended up with something concrete once they were in the studio. This time, we know which one it is and I can't wait to find out what the idea is.

Kotowboy:
If they know what type of album they want to make going in - it might simply be " all ballads " or " All long songs " or " double album "

Doesn't automatically mean Concept every time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version