Author Topic: Songs They've Never Played Live  (Read 10138 times)

Offline MirrorMask

Re: Songs They've Never Played Live
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2018, 01:04:23 AM »
I wouldn't count a demo as a real DT song, though, for the purposes of this particular discussion.

Indeed.

As for You Not Me, having been lucky to have seen DT many times since 1999, I wouldn't even mind to hear it played, just for the novelty of it.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2018, 02:44:41 AM »
Don't Look Past Me, an outtake from their most famous album that is on a moderately famous fanclub CD...

Which, to my knowledge, exists with less than 8000 copies. And happened almost 20 years ago.

(of course I realize most people just pirate it)

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2018, 08:35:58 AM »
I wouldn't count a demo as a real DT song, though, for the purposes of this particular discussion.

Indeed.

As for You Not Me, having been lucky to have seen DT many times since 1999, I wouldn't even mind to hear it played, just for the novelty of it.

I wouldn't mind hearing it because I think it's a great song. 

Offline Schurftkut

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2018, 08:18:27 PM »
i'd rather hear The Way it Used To Be

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2018, 12:28:26 AM »
You Or Me is just a better (and more digestible) version of the song, with its piano interlude and the non-Bon Jovi chorus.  DT has played several demo versions live after official release including Hollows Years, Burning My Soul and, of course, the following alternate versions were previewed before an album release: Change of Seasons, Take Away My Pain, Burning My Soul, Lines in the Sand.

Best I can recall, the only other demo versions that have not been played live are Metropolis 2 and
Pull Me Under (with Erotomania interlude), and be honest, it would be mighty cool to hear that live!

Offline Pragmaticcircus

• Classical Composer, Avant prog guitarist , musical artist, music fan, producer and much more....
  • The man wants his coffee ☕
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2018, 02:09:50 AM »
Best I can recall, the only other demo versions that have not been played live are Metropolis 2 and
Pull Me Under (with Erotomania interlude), and be honest, it would be mighty cool to hear that live!

Oliver's Twist? yeah that would be cool!  :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDHTsulvtGY
"The thing that kills me is all these bands that use huge words in their lyrics, 'I'm swimming in a vortex of apathy.' I'm like, 'What?' I don't walk up to a friend and go 'That's a stylin' looking vortex of apathy you've got there pal. I was swimming up a river of deceit myself."
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid
Prog for life, all hail metal, I'm very Avant Garde,  God give me back my razor, and all that shit!

Offline Pragmaticcircus

• Classical Composer, Avant prog guitarist , musical artist, music fan, producer and much more....
  • The man wants his coffee ☕
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2018, 02:21:39 AM »
I know it has been played live before on like a once-off occasion but I wish that Cover My Eyes would make it into a future set, I love that song  :yarr :hat
"The thing that kills me is all these bands that use huge words in their lyrics, 'I'm swimming in a vortex of apathy.' I'm like, 'What?' I don't walk up to a friend and go 'That's a stylin' looking vortex of apathy you've got there pal. I was swimming up a river of deceit myself."
- Devin Townsend
"poop" - Ziltoid
Prog for life, all hail metal, I'm very Avant Garde,  God give me back my razor, and all that shit!

Offline RaiseTheKnife

« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2018, 04:33:32 PM »
I know it has been played live before on like a once-off occasion but I wish that Cover My Eyes would make it into a future set, I love that song  :yarr :hat

yup, so do I.  It's one of the few songs on the checklist.

Offline ToT-147

• Living out this Utopian Dream
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2018, 06:32:45 PM »
Actually, it was played live 8 times according to this site: https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/dream-theater-bd6a102.html?song=Cover+My+Eyes
UTÓPICA 'Symphonic Progressive Metal' band - First album's now out
iTunes goo.gl/z5kl9d Amazon goo.gl/bWTwMF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRKNqEH1rxo (Videoclip from Second album)

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2018, 08:29:49 PM »
Would love to see them play TAMP again. It's a beautiful and very underrated song.

Also, I'm in a minority here, but I think it'd be really cool if they played Raw Dog at least once. It might not be their best instrumental, but I think it deserves more attention.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2018, 08:51:04 AM »
Would love to see them play TAMP again. It's a beautiful and very underrated song.

Also, I'm in a minority here, but I think it'd be really cool if they played Raw Dog at least once. It might not be their best instrumental, but I think it deserves more attention.

Would love it too. Not their best but by no means a bad song.

Offline DTA

« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2018, 09:53:23 AM »

Definitely. The FII era has the most songs that haven't been played live for awhile so anything from that time period that hasn't been played since then is welcome. I'd love them to bust out You Not Me, Speak To Me, and The Way It Used To Be.