Author Topic: Jurassic World  (Read 33745 times)

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Jurassic World
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2015, 02:18:48 AM »
Cool posters. But I starting to feel that everything is too super clean and bright and colorful. It's like The Hobbit movies were compared to the LotR movies. That will have no impact on the story, but it will certainly affect the tone of the thing.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2015, 10:55:02 AM »
New trailer is out. I won't bother linking it, because this movie is getting more silly with every trailer, and I felt it not worth the effort.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2015, 11:00:51 AM »
New trailer is out. I won't bother linking it, because this movie is getting more silly with every trailer, and I felt it not worth the effort.

Other than the GPS bit, I thought it looked awesome.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2015, 11:48:31 AM »
It's a movie about dinosaurs. Can you kids not enjoy anything?

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2015, 11:52:54 AM »
The only concern I have is that the funny parts of the movie will blend into the more serious side of the movie, but I hope that the people behind the movie have enough sense to not let that happen. I'm fine with Pratt being a wise-ass and cracking jokes, because that's one of his biggest strengths. As long as he doesn't deliver corny one-liners during the darker and more serious moments.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2015, 11:57:42 AM »
The only concern I have is that the funny parts of the movie will blend into the more serious side of the movie, but I hope that the people behind the movie have enough sense to not let that happen. I'm fine with Pratt being a wise-ass and cracking jokes, because that's one of his biggest strengths. As long as he doesn't deliver corny one-liners during the darker and more serious moments.

"You're luggage extinct."

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2015, 07:38:40 AM »
Why don't the surgeons just implant a remotely released cyanide capsule in every dinosaur?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2015, 09:14:07 AM »
That's inhumane. The animals must kill at least 5 people before we even consider killing them.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2015, 10:02:22 AM »
Trailer looks fun.  I'll probably try to catch it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2015, 09:50:20 PM »
Just once I'd like that park idea to run smoothly..
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2015, 05:55:18 AM »
It's looks like it did for quite some time.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2015, 06:45:35 AM »
Then there would be no movie.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2015, 09:11:03 AM »

Bingo.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2015, 05:37:12 PM »

Bingo.

Wrong. Poachers.

Dino Tale, starring Morgan Freeman.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2015, 10:25:57 AM »
I was more thinking 'let's make the park work, so that we don't have to get more movies'.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2015, 05:38:27 PM »
Well you're no fun.

I'm sure this'll be the last one anyway unless they do a whole "San Diego incident" movie. I actually wouldn't mind as I thought that was the best part of Lost World. The Rex still looked real and seeing it wreak havoc in a city was awesome.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2015, 06:11:28 AM »
Well you're no fun.

I'm sure this'll be the last one anyway unless they do a whole "San Diego incident" movie. I actually wouldn't mind as I thought that was the best part of Lost World. The Rex still looked real and seeing it wreak havoc in a city was awesome.

They could make a movie a couple thousand years in the future where dinosaurs have made theme parks with humans as the attractions.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2015, 06:16:26 AM »
Well you're no fun.

They could make a movie a couple thousand years in the future where dinosaurs have made theme parks with humans as the attractions.

And they can call it Planet of the Dinosaurs. IT'S A MADHOUSE! A MAAAAAADHOUSE!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2015, 06:36:17 AM »
I'm only interested in Marvels Thor V Vole.

It's not going to be a very long movie...

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2015, 03:11:01 AM »
Well you're no fun.

You never know. They could make one where the dinosaurs have evolved to the point where they can use guns. I think that was actually the original idea for the plot of JPIV.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2015, 03:14:59 AM »
I believe in an interview with Trevorrow he already said that they planned it as a new trilogy, but that JW will stand on its own and the sequels will only come if JW makes bank. But I mean, it's a Jurassic Park movie. I think we can expect a sequel in 2017 or 2018.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2015, 03:54:30 AM »
Oh god, just stop it Hollywood... Would you just please stop...

Now that a #4 is inevitably coming out, I just wish for the movie to be alright, but for it to do poorly at the box office so we don't get any more.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2015, 04:54:16 AM »
You just know it'll do well enough for there to be a trilogy greenlit.

::)

And possibly even a Jurassic Park movie Universe with spin offs and prequels and tv shows....

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2015, 05:48:27 AM »
Oh god, just stop it Hollywood... Would you just please stop...

Now that a #4 is inevitably coming out, I just wish for the movie to be alright, but for it to do poorly at the box office so we don't get any more.

I have no problem with a franchise continuing, even if the sequels don't stand up to the original(s). Weekend at Bernie's 2 might be the worst movie ever made. I mean it's literally the worst movie project to ever receive funding. However, Weekend at Bernie's is still one of my favorite movies.

I'm really excited about there being another Jurassic Park trilogy. As long as it's done correctly, I don't see why they shouldn't. Look at the new installments for Planet of the Apes.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2015, 06:29:34 AM »
Yeah, I don't understand people complaining about there being "too much" of something. There's always potential for a great sequel, and even if the sequel ends up being bad, it still doesn't ruin the original. I love Terminator and Terminator 2, but really didn't care for 3 or 4. But they can make 15 more sequels as far as I'm concerned. Some of them might be good, and worst case I still have the classics.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2015, 06:48:22 AM »
I complain because the better Jurassix Park 7 does in theaters the less the studios will fund awesome original ideas, and we will get more and more unnecessary sequels and remakes and cashgrabs. It's not about 'ruining' the originals, it's more about ruining the future of the movie industry. Yeah yeah there are still cool original movies being released, but there are a shit load of unoriginal stuff being made, more than ever before.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2015, 07:02:05 AM »
Unless they are making a remake of the first movies, I don't understand how sequels don't qualify as originals. I guess technically speaking BTTF2 and BTTF3 weren't original at all. Both of those sequesls were really just a repackaged first movie; kid gets in delorean, Doc says "great scott" a few times, existences are endangered, the Tannen family fails again, we see main characters encounter themselves, kid who time traveled learns lessons about life and stuff.

Were the 7 Harry Potter sequels not orginals?

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2015, 07:03:52 AM »
Actually, the theory that sequels/reboots stand in the way of other movies is kinda dumb and not accurate. If you compare the movie industry today with 10 or 20 years ago, more movies are being made than ever before. You have something like 5-10 movies coming out every week, and that's just the bigger movies getting a cinematic release. Apart from that you also have indie movies and tons of foreign movies.

If this was the 70's where you had maybe 1 movie opening each weekend, then yeah.. sequels would stand in the way. But as it is now, they don't really. If anything, I feel like it opens the doors for studios to try new things. Like Marvel getting some smaller directors like James Gunn, who is a great director to helm one of their major franchises. Or for movies like Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy to even be made, because the bigger titles were a hit.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2015, 07:06:59 AM »
I actually really like the idea of old franchise revivals. I can't wait for ID4-2. It kind of sucks that all of the original cast signed on except for Will Smith, but I'm still excited. There are so many awesome directions they can take that movie and I think the fact that there have been twenty years in between is going to do it a lot of good.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2015, 07:14:37 AM »
Okay, solid points. But there is still an absurd amount of sequels and remakes out there, and those are the ones that does the best at the box office, which means it's a trend that will continue and grow. Which annoys me.

Were the 7 Harry Potter sequels not orginals?

Well, maybe. That's more like a single story over 8 movies, based on books with a plan for what's to come, so I guess I'd call that original. With Jurassic World, there was nothing planned from the beginning, no set up in earlier movies. It's just an afterthought. So that's the root of the problem for me.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2015, 08:15:56 AM »

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2015, 09:24:59 AM »
??

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2015, 09:30:02 AM »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2015, 09:46:16 AM »
He spared no expense to get the best things for the park, yet he hired Dennis Nedry.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2015, 09:49:37 AM »
Yes. One would think that with no expenses spared, there would be more than one coder for a project of that scale.